Re:Welcome to Haunted Hotel II: Believe the Lies forum

[Post New]by msfitz1213 on Jan 22, 09 4:04 PM
This was one of the most boring games I have ever played in my life!!!!!! It only took a couple of hours to play, if that long. The hints didn't work right. I feel cheated.

laffinlady
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by laffinlady on Jan 26, 09 4:30 PM
Agree with the group concensus. The game is way too short - not worth the game credit. The game itself was beautifully drawn and the plot was interesting, however, the puzzles were too easy and all inventory items practically used themselves.

[Post New]by ray1003 on Jan 27, 09 8:05 AM
One more addition to the apparent concensus. Very, very disappointed in this game. Free trial gave no warning concerning its brevity. If I hadn't lollygagged, I could have finished before the free hour was up and I wouldn't have blown ten bucks on its purchase. If you are REALLY concerned with customer satisfaction, you'd give all purchasers their money back.

[Post New]by chrissymb on Jan 28, 09 3:33 AM
could someone please help with finding the paperclip in the garage. thanks

[Post New]by charsmama on Jan 31, 09 7:11 AM
I can't seem to get into the hackers room anybody know how to do it?

[Post New]by looper on Jan 31, 09 1:33 PM
I agree, this was a huge waste of money. I did the one hour free trail and then purchased the game. I was almost finished and didn't even realize it (on the one hour trail). You should at least put how many hours of playing time we will get for our money. I am not sure I should use a game credit any longer it the games are that short.

[Post New]by denisabagiu on Feb 3, 09 7:00 AM
I have a problem, there is no big hummer in my inventory in Clairvoyant Room, I am not joking, Am I crazy or that? I took it from the previous room but it doesnt stay in the inventory when I pass the lever? That's wrong????

bast
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by bast on Feb 3, 09 10:44 AM
This has got to be the worst game I have ever played. It was a total bore and way, way, too short. BFG has their name on it, shame on you. How about my money back, or credit for another game? Come on guys, you've got to know how bad this game is.

[Post New]by LADYJANE54 on Feb 4, 09 6:48 AM
I agree, this game is just not up to the standards I usually find at Big Fish. I couldn't even get past the front desk. Used the pencil on the guest book and that was the last and only thing I got to work. Glad it was the trial, if I would hve purchased the game, you would be able to see the smoke coming from my ears. For those of you who are having fun with this game, I am happy for you.

[Post New]by catalonia911 on Feb 4, 09 7:46 AM
I have been buying games from Big Fish and playing hidden object games for quite a few years now. Very few games have ever disappointed me, but this one really did. It was over way too quickly. I will definitely read reviews of games before I use my game credits to pay for them! I don't think Big Fish should have this game as one you pay for. It is just not worth it!

[Post New]by kannu62 on Feb 7, 09 4:04 PM
This was aweful, took no time at all to finish.

crikt1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by crikt1 on Feb 9, 09 7:57 PM
I thought the game itself was promising. I bought it after the trial period had ended. One hour later it was completed. Just too short. Started a new game and with the exception of a change in the numbers for one mini-game, it is all the same. No variation in objects or location. BORING!!!!!! It is too bad for the artists and developers.

[Post New]by mariecleere on Feb 10, 09 5:05 AM
[b]very disappointed in this game.thought it would be a lot better,

inkybitz
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by inkybitz on Feb 12, 09 4:28 AM
Waste of money --- I bought the game not realising i had almost finished it in the hours free trial. Very disappointed.

[Post New]by Olyaminsk on Feb 18, 09 6:22 AM
Hello. I'm sorry.i don't know wery well english and i can't to buy your games couse i leave in republik of Belarus in town Minsk and in your lists for buying is absent my republik with town. I can pay once at reception . How i can buy your games? Help me please. Answer in my text at e-mail adress. Thank you.

[Post New]by fayegirl51 on Feb 19, 09 6:16 PM
SuniSmyl wrote:Can I get my money back?? Very poor game!!
I agree with you this is the worse game from Big Fish I have ever played and if this is the kind of games we are going to get I will stop buying them..

alfiesam1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by alfiesam1 on Feb 22, 09 2:20 PM
Bought this game a few days ago with a game credit. Just got around to playing it today. Should have read this forum first. Very large disappointment. I think issuing game credits would be an appropriate step in trying to retain your customer base that knows what you are capable of. We DO know what you can do-and that's the best there is, so please, no more bilge like this.

[Post New]by pattisgirlz on Feb 24, 09 9:05 AM
Extremely upset about this game. It was a ripoff! Game lasted under 2 hours - think BFG should refund everyone's money on this one.

crikt1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by crikt1 on Mar 7, 09 8:01 PM
crikt1 wrote:I thought the game itself was promising. I bought it after the trial period had ended. One hour later it was completed. Just too short. Started a new game and with the exception of a change in the numbers for one mini-game, it is all the same. No variation in objects or location. BORING!!!!!! It is too bad for the artists and developers.

BFG gave me a free game to make up for this one! Yayy! Thanks Big Fish!

Edited on 03/07/2009 at 8:02:45 PM PST

[Post New]by bsinwv on Mar 14, 09 2:31 PM
I'm not usually one to publicly criticize something. For every negative opinion, there will be a positive one, as we see already in the threads on this game. But my disappointment is so great that I will give my opinion, and the reasons for it.
Yes, way, way too short. Not worth the money because it is so short.

I would definitely not call it a hidden objects game...it is more of a hidden in plain sight game. Little challenge. And, the puzzles...oh I just loved the puzzles in the other games. This game's puzzles appeared to be geared to the abilities of a very young child, perhaps 5 years old.

Also, I don't care for the way the required objects are listed to the right. If we need twelve objects, then list them all at once. Don't list 6 items and just replace as they are found. (Arbitrary #'s used here.)

And like others mentioned, certain pages just sat there frozen after puzzles were solved. Notably, that hidden safe. Had to open and close the game a few times to get it to work. And for some reason, no matter the resolution I set my monitor at, the game never fit the screen correctly. I do not have that problem with any other bigfish game. I have not been disappointed in any other bigfish game. Just this one.

Matter of fact, we just started Return to Ravenhurst and it is awesome!

So, there it is, my opinion for what it is worth to one about to buy it.
And, I agree that it would be nice if because so many are saying the same things about this game, if we could get a credit for it.

Edited on 03/14/2009 at 8:30:39 PM PST

Go to: