Re:Post any Mystery Legends: Beauty and the Beast Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by KKOOLL on Sep 20, 11 12:38 AM
Having the same problem.

Restart.............................
Disappointed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

marthayuca
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

Re:Post any Mystery Legends: Beauty and the Beast Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by marthayuca on Sep 20, 11 11:30 AM
I do not have McAfee, but I am having the same problem as everyone else with this game. Installed it, uninstalled, installed again, and the same problem. I finally went to Play Pond and downloaded the demo. It ran fine.

[Post New]by gamebaby47 on Sep 20, 11 11:36 AM
Over the last two days I have had the same game crashes in all my BF games. I do have McAfee protection and the forum released a statement about the game crashing associating to McAfee protection. I'm wondering how many of you having the same crashing issues have McAfee also.

dcanfi1955
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by dcanfi1955 on Sep 20, 11 2:11 PM
I have McAfee and the game crashes on me too. I downloaded and played the game from 8 am until 8 pm ( taking breaks inbetweeen) and when I logged back on at 8 pm the game started crashing. I even turned off McAfee and it still did not work. I have had no problems with McAfee for any other game. As a matter of fact, I palyed The Maze the day before with no problems.
Very frustrating as this is a good game and I wanted to finish it. Not sure I will wait for a fix. Seems like it could take forever.

dcanfi1955
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by dcanfi1955 on Sep 20, 11 4:10 PM
pilimai729 wrote:i'm sure by now most fishies are aware that there is a possibleissue with macafee users being unable to play. I, along with a bunch of other members have contacted customer support and they are working on it. now i will tell you what I finally did. This is just my possible fix and in no way am telling you all to do this, since I am not a techie,but after days of reading the problems that everyone,including myself was having, I was desperate. I have confidence that bfg and mac will fix it, but until they do.... Do not uninstall your macafee. find another antivirusand download it. during the instalation it will note that you have another av i.e. macafee you will then have the option to uninstall mac. Don't worry about all the alerts mac sends as soon as your alternate av is fully installed just set it up as per their instructions. uninstall GM and the game. come back to bf and download the game. This will automatically install GM, the new old version. Game plays without fading off to your desktop. Now this next may be construed as a spoiler but I'm posting it in plain sight anyway since i don't want any one getting that sinking not again feeling. The game itself has a lot of scenes with just a black screen.Don't know if it's by design or a glitch, but it soon continues on.i was able to play the trial. now i'm going back to check out my other games. As i said, this was just what i did. it probably would be better to wait for the fix, which I know will be forthcoming. I am a semi invalid anddon't have much i am capable of doing and got desperate. i think the problem is in the latest dat. file that mac updated on the 17th, but then again, let the techies do their job

dcanfi1955
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by dcanfi1955 on Sep 20, 11 4:16 PM
Thank you to pilimai729. I took the advice and purchased the Avast Anti Virus software and deleted McAfee (my Subscription was up in 3 weeks anyway). Once I deleted McAfee I went back into the game and have had no problems since. Thanks again for your advice. It worked great. Cheers to you

memaw7
Marlin
Marlin
8,628 Posts

[Post New]by memaw7 on Sep 20, 11 4:22 PM
I got the McAfee up date and still can't play, Still keeps kicking me back to the start page.

[Post New]by Phoenixx357 on Sep 20, 11 4:47 PM
Took pilimai's advice. Found a free av software online and uninstalled McAfee. Uninstalled this game and the game manager. Downloaded this game again; I can play my older games again, but this one still crashed. It won't go beyond the intro. Keeps looping back to the menu page. I click play, sometimes watch the intro, sometimes skip it, but always loops back. I come here to relax not go through all this.

[Post New]by coyoteldy on Sep 20, 11 7:41 PM
This is one game I probabaly won't buy.. too many technical issues, won't load, when it does load it only runs for about one minute, I have uploaded the new game manager, don't have Macafee,have reloaded this game a dozen times. it looks great but will find another game, its too frustrating to do this when it is supposed to be fun.

[Post New]by Kittyluvr22 on Sep 21, 11 8:18 AM
I was having the same problem with all BF games crashing when I tried to play them, so I deleted McAfee and installed MS Security essentials. Now I can play all my games EXCEPT this one. It still crashes within seconds. I've deleted, reinstalled, and tried to play so many times that my trial period is almost over, and I still don't know anything about the game except for the introduction. Too bad.....I'm hearing from others that it's a pretty good game.

[Post New]by val1066 on Sep 21, 11 8:25 AM
I have downloaded the fix for McAfee - its worked fine with Urban Legend but I still can't get this game to work properly. It goes through the preamble ok but directly it tries to go to the first scene proper it cuts out and returns to its menu screen. I'm not being chucked out totally since the fix but am being chucked back to the main menu screen! I am getting really fed up with the problems here - is this a leftover from the McAfee situation or some other bug?????

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Sep 21, 11 12:11 PM
Hello everyone,

The issue with a crashing game and McAfee has been resolved; here is a thread with more information:

Updates on the McAfee related crash issue

If you do not have McAfee and are still experiencing crashes or a freeze in the game, I would recommend taking a look at the following help article:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If you've gone through these steps and are still having troubles with the game, please get in touch with Tech Support, let our reps know which steps you've taken and also attach a Dr. Felix report. Our reps will do their best to resolve any issues you're experiencing as efficiently as possible. Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx

Housen
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by Housen on Sep 21, 11 12:57 PM
I'm having the same problem as Val1066. Game starts fine, plays the cut scene, then when it's over instead of going to the game, it reverts back to the game menu. WHAT'S THE DEAL!!!

bratnece
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by bratnece on Sep 21, 11 3:52 PM
I do not have Mcafee and the game does not work. It allows me to open it and select play, goes through the intro, and then goes right back to the beginning where you select play. I have deleted and redownloaded the game twice. HELP!!!!!!

Edited on 09/21/2011 at 3:53:18 PM PST

ELadyG1013
Guppy
Guppy
133 Posts

[Post New]by ELadyG1013 on Sep 21, 11 4:42 PM
The only ongoing problem I'm having with this game is it seems to flicker like a light bulb would do when it's about to blow out ! This happens throughout the entire game. I thought at one while it was going to just fade out or something but it didn't. Only the blinking or light flickering...this is the only game that has ever done this...other wise I love the game !

shellclan
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by shellclan on Sep 21, 11 7:03 PM
I bought this, played it a little every chance I got. Then came back to it today and discovered it was gone! Just like that! Now I have to download it again. Has this happened to anyone else?

alimac196
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

Re:Post any Mystery Legends: Beauty and the Beast Collector's Edition technical issues here onl

[Post New]by alimac196 on Sep 22, 11 4:19 AM
val1066 wrote:I have downloaded the fix for McAfee - its worked fine with Urban Legend but I still can't get this game to work properly. It goes through the preamble ok but directly it tries to go to the first scene proper it cuts out and returns to its menu screen. I'm not being chucked out totally since the fix but am being chucked back to the main menu screen! I am getting really fed up with the problems here - is this a leftover from the McAfee situation or some other bug?????

I am having exactly the same problem, first time it has happened to me on a BF game. Have contacted the tech guys to see if there may be a fix. If anyone else gets a response sooner than I do, hopefully they will post. If not I will post my response here as well.

Fingers crossed that there is a fix as I would really like to play the game!

UPDATE:

Although I haven't heard back from BF on a possible fix, I took another fishies advice and simply entered in a new profile. AND IT WORKED!!! Thanks so much to that fishie or I would not have had the chance to play what is an excellent game. If you are having the same issues I did, enter a new profile and you hopefully be able to play without any glitches.

Edited on 09/25/2011 at 3:26:00 AM PST

[Post New]by Olderfish on Sep 22, 11 10:38 AM
I downloaded the Mc Afee fix and any other game works fine now. I did uninstall this game, did another download and installed this game again. Same problem that after the cut sceen it jumps back to the menu.

[Post New]by LuvDemGames on Sep 22, 11 12:15 PM
I have jumped through all the hoops outlined in the tech support, no go.

[Post New]by LuvDemGames on Sep 22, 11 12:47 PM
This is the only game that doesn't work for me. The new CE from this morning works fine. It's this game that is the problem, not my computer.

Go to: