IngoM
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

Re:Reviews for Them: The Summoning

[Post New]by IngoM on Sep 28, 11 1:59 AM
Dear Tauret..

I would like to ask you a question if you don’t mind...

We (the developer) are a bit puzzled that a few and it is a just a few even if you might see several comments about it ... see the graphics fuzzy, smooth and hazy...

Do the graphics you have in your game look similar to the screenshots you find on the download page of the game or do they appear to you in the same smooth fuzzy way?

We get overall very good comments about the graphics and that they are really crisp and clear. The screenshots show how the game is supposed to look like. (I know items are small but besides that ...).

Please have a look.

I have the suspicion that you and some others do not meet the minimum system requirements with your hardware as I know that some experience the same problem but due to older hardware.

The excellent BigFish technical support will for sure help you to determine what could be done if that is the case as I cannot go into technical issues here.

I would be happy to hear from you.

just to mention .. the game has two play settings, besides others features the EASY mode asks just for bigger items available in the scene.

Regards
Ingo

PS... The STD look grainy, but you look at an "oil painting" and the grainy Effect is done on purpose to simulate the canvas of the picture, similar to the real thing.It was done just there.

[Post New]by sjsullivan on Sep 28, 11 6:45 AM
This was so short!!! Objects so tiny and minut, that I literally needed a magnifying glass to find them. lame plot. I feel ripped off. Wish i hadn't purchased it.

Ongoldenpond
Guppy
Guppy
151 Posts

[Post New]by Ongoldenpond on Sep 28, 11 7:39 AM
I'll save everyone the trouble - don't bother with this game. I couldn't find anything worthwhile to recommend it. Didn't even finish the demo it was so awful! If you're a fan of the newer, awesome, Hidden object/adventure/puzzle games, this one pales in comparison. Seems as if the developer is new to the market and hasn't seen many of the really spectacular games out there today. To top it off, the game constanly loads for almost everything you have to do within scenes. Save your money/credits for something really great from one of the established developers.

timothya
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

[Post New]by timothya on Sep 28, 11 11:51 PM
Hello Ingo!

Good to see a developer on the forum. I'm about halfway through the game at this point and I'd like to share some thoughts with you.

Pros: Brilliantly-colored scenes. Certain rooms were simply a pleasure to be in, much more to play in. Nice detail on the faces. Music very atmospheric. Controls were responsive and scene transitions smooth.

Cons: Many objects were well-camouflaged but unfortunately rather indistinct. I got though some scenes by clicking on a Hint, waiting for it to refresh, clicking on another one, etc. Yes, the artists are very clever but I think that ruins the flow of the game. As atmospheric as the music was, the loops were rather short and in a game where you spend a lot of time in each H0 scene that can be unpleasantly repetitive.

I especially enjoyed the television in the first scene. Nice apartment, too. Our hero needs a housekeeper!

More later when I finish it. Thanks for listening.

RiaBonus
Minnow
Minnow
265 Posts

[Post New]by RiaBonus on Sep 29, 11 2:11 PM
The One Thing of HOGs is that Every Minute or every turn around a corner here is a sparkles, I will go around tha area before going into it "Ok yea I do like HOGs" but not evert second

[Post New]by carolemoore1961 on Sep 29, 11 5:55 PM
I was ready to give up after 5 but made it 15 minutes. Very boring. The only thing I liked was in the first scene moving your cursor over the pillows it would disappear and show objects. A definite no buy for me. On a scale from 1-10 I'd give it a 2.

IngoM
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by IngoM on Sep 30, 11 12:41 AM
- timothya

thanks for being objective and constructive with your comments...

tiny objects ... that is a general problem which is definitely not like that in part II.
We wanted to keep objects realistic in size compared to the surrounding, not all
are small but the scenes have depth and that made it difficult for the
player to find / see them. ( the easy game mode offers JUST the biggest objects to be found in the scene )
In part two the the player will be able to zoom into parts to explore closeups ... this allows us to keep realism and to have bigger objects besides more interacitivity with the scenes.

This is our first title and all the good and bad comments we get will influence the way all other games shape. The team has roughly 25 years experience in game design and our target was to make a solid engine for a straight HOG. From there on we enhanced the HOG engine to an iHOG (them part II). So .. as a first timer in
HOGs /iHOGs HOPAs etc ... that is just a natural way to evolve and the earlier we get feedback the better to adjust.

We listen to what you say and we are experienced enough to take your comments into reality. Sure sometimes there are budget and time restrictions as we are an independent studio. Nevertheless we are very happy with the overall response and sales worldwide, it shows us we are on the right track and that we have your support.

those who say ahh have a look at the "newer and awsome" Hidden object/adventure/puzzle games shoud not forget that we made a straight HOG and not a HOPA. I dont buy a car and then I complain it cannot fly....

we will come to that...

Regards and thanks again timothya
Ingo

boscocat
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by boscocat on Oct 2, 11 11:29 AM
Length ?

menora
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by menora on Oct 3, 11 12:20 PM
Not my sort of game. Too many hog scenes with too many small items, I found the bonus objects easier to find than those on the list!
Also found a couple of the descriptions odd, can't remember which now. Played for 45 minutes but game still didn't grab me and what little interaction there was was far too simple.
I know some people like straight forward Hog games and if they are using a large screen maybe the objects are clearer but this is a definite no buy for me.

Just read the comments from the developers, nice to know they pay attention to us and I will give part 2 a try when it comes out see what they have changed

Edited on 10/03/2011 at 12:23:37 PM PST

padres
Guppy
Guppy
132 Posts

[Post New]by padres on Oct 4, 11 8:37 PM
This game literally put me to sleep in front of the computer screen in my first 10 minutes of play. Perhaps it does get better as some reviews indicated. I simply couldn't make it that far. BORING. Not a grabber at all, especially after just completing Love Story.

grandmab3248
Herring
Herring
342 Posts

[Post New]by grandmab3248 on Oct 8, 11 8:32 PM
The name made the game sound so intriguing. But alas, it was so boring, and I'm afraid I have to agree with most of the negative points the previous reviewers have already pointed out, so I won't repeat them.

tazdaffy
Narwhal
Narwhal
30,066 Posts

[Post New]by tazdaffy on Oct 16, 11 9:25 AM
I always come the the forum before purchasing any HOS game to read the reviews. It has always helped me out to make a decision. I have not purchased this game yet due to the reviews I have read but I am still going back & forth on it. If anyone would like to give out some more help I would certainly appreciate it.

Big HOS Fan!

Edited on 10/16/2011 at 9:27:52 AM PST

rchogan
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by rchogan on Oct 31, 11 2:43 PM
The need to click randomly over and over at the gate is sufficient reason for me to conclude that this game is a loser. And what's the point of a map which does not let you go anyplace?. And so called "bonuses" that have no value or new play. What a sloppy piece of work. Hopefully the developers will not waste time on sequels.

emwenz
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by emwenz on Nov 6, 11 4:07 PM
This is a beautifully rendered game, no question. Yes, some of the objects are very tiny but the hint button recharges quickly and just when you feel like you're loosing patience in locating an article, a quick sparkle will direct you. This keeps the game moving and actually enhanced my enjoyment. Also the objects you are asked to search for are really unique, eg: "Dante", rebec, John (as in st.). I really liked this game: the symbolism, the spooky angle, the medical experimentation...looking forward to the next chapter. Thanks Malta.

Kebbielebbie
Guppy
Guppy
178 Posts

[Post New]by Kebbielebbie on Nov 18, 11 10:09 PM
I need to pat myself on the back...I really tried to complete the full hour demo but noooo thanks. Small items, silly graphics, boring dialouge, etc. I get that it was a straight H0G...straight doesn't equal lame. One positive thing...I liked the bonus items but the 'extras' it unlocked were just you replaying the level you got them at..

devs...don't inhale when you create

blueskies01
Guppy
Guppy
161 Posts

[Post New]by blueskies01 on Jun 3, 12 9:05 PM
One hour of the Mac version; 10.6.8.This is a first-time effort for the devs, & they have a promising set-up at the big estate of a murdered oligarch, where the player (friend of deceased & of his late wife) is being pursued by police. He must solve the crimes & clear himself of suspicion, w/help from unobtrusive ghost. There are bonus objects that follow a theme in most scenes, in addition to the HO list. Unfortunately, the photography is very problematic (seems like poor resolution, with fuzzy effect) & finding the objects is annoying, not challenging. Size, choice, & placement of objects would need way more development to work for me. I play quality HO games often, but this one doesn't appear to work well in the Mac version.

Edited on 06/03/2012 at 9:06:45 PM PST

roaming
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

[Post New]by roaming on Jun 16, 13 12:11 AM
Straight HOG with bonus items. If there are puzzles, I didn't run across one in the time I played. I wish all games had hint systems as good as this one --- fast refill and a simple circle around the item to be found. Unfortunately, the bonus items here are easier to find than the hidden objects. I play on a laptop, so I did get well-acquainted with the hint button.

The graphics are clear and the scenes quite artful. The music is unobtrusive. I'd like to give it four stars, maybe even five, for what it is.-- a simple game with an intriguing story line -- except for the difficulty of finding the hidden objects.

Not a buy for me.

Go to: