Reviews for 4 Elements II

ellietries
Minnow
Minnow
218 Posts

Re:Reviews for 4 Elements II

[Post New]by ellietries on Nov 19, 12 6:24 PM
Just want to add my appreciation of this game. Having really enjoyed the original i was skeptical about the second, sometimes developers seem to go to radical in the sequels and the original attraction to the game can be lost. However this is a wonderful follow on to the original. The game boards are larger, more complex and more of a challenge. The graphics are a superb quality and the music/sound effects don't distract from the play at all.
It is a nice touch to have a few hidden object, spot the difference, interactive cards amongst the match 3 too.
I have played the game all the way through multiple times, i never tire of the boards and challenge myself to never use any of the tools- spades, shuffle etc or to clear every single tile on the boards- not as easy as it first appears but i like the tactical element against the clock.
I also want to add that i have the game on my ipod too and it doesn't lose any of it's appeal in the app version and means you can get your fix on the go (no, only me whose that adicted then )
I'd love to see 4 Elements III and really do recommend you give this game a go.

Yanie1020
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by Yanie1020 on Dec 10, 12 12:56 PM
This game is scaring me a little. (Not kidding.) I could quickly become addicted. I can see that I'll need to set time limits on playing this, the same way I did with Zuma Deluxe. Yes, it's THAT much fun!

Yanie1020
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by Yanie1020 on Dec 10, 12 12:58 PM
Sorry I couldn't go into more detail on the above post. Had to get back to the game!!

Sublu78
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by Sublu78 on Dec 14, 12 9:08 PM
"In Elements I the wizard graphic was really cool."
I loved the first 4 Elements game, and can only agree with the sentiment above. I was however, one of those put off by the cartooniness of the graphics in the sequel.
I finally succumbed to it on a DD, (have just got around to playing) and unfortunately, my fears were confirmed. It's still a fun game, but not a patch on the original, IMHO.
"Dopey signs that say things like "Final Stretch!" and "Almost There!" There's no need for these; the map shows how far you have left." Dopey. SO true... Can I add insulting? They don't even fit with the rest of the background, either. [Flashing Neon signs in a medieval world?]
"The game seems dumbed down from the first one. "
AMEN to this comment. "Dumbed Down" was, dare I say, my thought exactly. It's a shame, as they've come up with a fabulous and very different match 3 game (A genre I'm not usually a fan of) and I would happily have bought something that was just a variation, simply for the fun and the wonderful graphics.
Let's hope that if there's a 4E No 3, that the devs read some of these comments, and take heed.
[Puts soapbox away] Cheers All and have fun!

Pantheria
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by Pantheria on Aug 1, 13 5:14 PM
Wonderful game. It has been a long time since a game captured me as this one did.

five starts all the way. Love to see more like this one.

Played it all the way through in both relaxed and timed modes.

Love the variations in the game play and the mini hogs and find its at the end of each book segment.

Delightful.

WizenedOne
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by WizenedOne on Aug 7, 13 8:23 AM
I've just replayed both 4 Elements. I have to say that the first is far superior. You had to think and pay attention all along to make sure you weren't wasting your time clearing the way to a dead end; Elements II practically plays itself. I hardly ever had to use a power-up; in the first, I was constantly trying to reload my power-ups so I could get somewhere. Too much dead time in the II version. In the first you used the flow time to gather bits for power ups. No opportunity or need for that here. Rather boring to me after the involvement of the first Elements. Also, the explosions in the first game were much more exciting. Lastly, I never ran out of time (playing timed) in this game; I often had to restart in the first game.

cabanaeast18
Minnow
Minnow
220 Posts

[Post New]by cabanaeast18 on Sep 18, 13 6:02 AM
I agree with SD, nothing else be said. The graphics behind board are so cool! I hope the 4 Elements III team will design the board with transparency, so that we can enjoy those graphics,also!!! I love the game!
Pat

Yanie1020
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by Yanie1020 on Dec 14, 13 2:09 PM
Where's 4 Elements III?

Come on, Playrix, we're all waiting for 4 Elements III! It's been a long wait!

eric32
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by eric32 on Feb 4, 14 2:57 PM
I am two thirds into the game and have enjoyed this game more than most of the many I have played . The drawings are very good and the games are very very good and interesting..

Go to: