spgfr
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

Restore Player Progress?

[Post New]by spgfr on Oct 13, 11 3:24 PM
After completing about two thirds of the game, it no longer recognizes my player name :-( Is there any way of restoring the data? If not, what are the chances of getting a refund?

poppy45
Clownfish
Clownfish
834 Posts

Re:Post any Echoes of the Past: The Citadels of Time Collector's Edition technical issues here onl

[Post New]by poppy45 on Oct 13, 11 5:45 PM
the tin piece in the undergrowth isn't there in the garden,so can't fix the bucket near the end of the game-why can,t games have a lost & found room. to hold the things that you have missed or misplaced but without which the game cannot be finished what do other gamers think about this-enjoy all games

FritzBear
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

Re:Post any Echoes of the Past: The Citadels of Time Collector's Edition technical issues here on

[Post New]by FritzBear on Oct 16, 11 4:09 AM
grammyapples wrote:Why does this game not have a save feature?
After playing for awhile twice I returned to play again and I had to start all over!
Anyone else having this problem?

Yes unluckily it happens to me, every time I exit the game and then I start playing again I have to start over from the beginning, my name as game player disappears too and it’s like if I had started the game as new player for the first time. It’s definitely very annoying.
Any suggestions? I’m fed up to start over again and again, unable to save my progresses.

RasmusB
Guppy
Guppy
199 Posts

Re:Post any Echoes of the Past: The Citadels of Time Collector's Edition technical issues here on

[Post New]by RasmusB on Oct 17, 11 2:19 AM
Idahonative wrote:I put the last number on the big clock...and the whole screen went black. Thought "Well maybe it is supposed to do this, and I am supposed to wave the cursor around the screen looking for the 'go this way' arrow" No such luck. So, I think "well check the strategy guide, see if it is supposed to do this" Nope, not supposed to do that...and checking the strategy guide was somewhat stupid also, at least after I did it I found out it was! Why? The 'close button' disappeared, then I couldn't close the strategy guide, and when I tried to go to the main menu, it routed me back to the strategy guide. I had to control/alt/delete to get out of the game. I enjoyed the game up until this point!! I noticed that there were some others that had this problem.. Help!

Same problem with med. It's getting ridicilous. I have had several games where a problem like this occured, so had to start over. I hope I don't have to this time, eventhough this was an VERY enjoable game to play.

tangawarra
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

carriage puzzle

[Post New]by tangawarra on Oct 19, 11 2:11 PM
I had no problems so far but when I got to the puzzle to open the carriage door (the one with the crown) I couldn't move the pieces, some moved very sluggishly others didn't move at all. In the end, I had to skip the puzzle. Not sure if it's my touchpad that's causing the trouble. Anyone else have this problem?

Re:Post any Echoes of the Past: The Citadels of Time Collector's Edition technical issues here onl

[Post New]by christycic on Oct 23, 11 7:31 PM
I am done!!!!!!!!!!!! I have loaded and re-loaded this game and it simply will not save my previous moves in this game! I have to START OVER every time I exit and go back in to play.

I WANT MY CREDITS BACK!

laurakay76
Guppy
Guppy
195 Posts

Re:Post any Echoes of the Past: The Citadels of Time Collector's Edition technical issues here o

[Post New]by laurakay76 on Oct 25, 11 12:23 PM
Dominick_Fontana wrote:Hi.

For laurakay: The pliers you need to disarm the alarm is not from the tool chest. You need a different pliers and you don't get that until near the end of the game.

Thank you, Dominick! I did buy the game but haven't continued playing yet. At least now I know it was just me and not a glitch. Much appreciated!

DeeBeth
Minnow
Minnow
202 Posts

[Post New]by DeeBeth on Oct 26, 11 1:31 PM
I also have a problem with the save feature. It will not save. I've re-downloaded, followed the help article and it won't save. Also the options menu freezes when I pull it up.

[Post New]by karbo222 on Oct 30, 11 9:12 AM
When I completed the weight game, it did not give me the second part of the clock pendulum and I can't go any further. ARgh! Anyone know how to fix this?

[Post New]by rowen91 on Nov 2, 11 4:47 PM
I've run the admin to get the game to save and it has not. And, I get to a certain point in the game and there's nothing left to do but there's no going forward. Please help. Do I delete and reinstall? Or, is there some kind of fix to the game that I'm unaware of?

Omachka
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by Omachka on Nov 3, 11 12:15 PM
susan3285 wrote:I had the same problem. The screen went black after the last number was placed on the clock. I can't believe I got all that way and then nothing. Is there an issue?

Just try shutting the game down and then going back in. I was about to give up on it when I got this black screen and then found a post elsewhere in this forum saying it had worked for someone else who had tried going back into the game later on. I restarted mine and went back in and there I was right in the hall with the clock in front of me. I clicked on the clock and was able to finish the game from there and unlock the bonus chapter. It must be a small glitch that only happens now and then.

banshee10
Clownfish
Clownfish
564 Posts

[Post New]by banshee10 on Nov 3, 11 3:16 PM
Hi Omachka, rowen91, karbo22, christycic, tangawarra, spgfr.... welcome to the pond!

I started posting in the forum because I had technical problems with this game, too. Don't give up! I contacted the BFG support and they were really friendly and very helpful.
Start with reinstalling the game, this may help at least some of you. If this doesn't fix your problem, take a look at the Help-sites and follow the suggested steps. For me the solution was downloading a new graphics card and then deleting/ reinstalling.

Oh, and people at offered me a refund but it wasn't necessary.

Good luck!

[Post New]by ceetiger on Nov 23, 11 11:08 AM
I am having an issue that I do not see posted here. I have retreived the rust remover solution, but the cabinet I need to use it on is now open and there is no scythe available for me to continue the game. I have read through the technical issues but I do not see a solution to this issue.
What are the procedures to get my credits back for a defective game ?

[Post New]by happyhorse72 on Dec 11, 11 10:27 PM
bfgHondo wrote:Hi fishies,

It sounds like a few of you are experiencing the same black screen issue.

If you haven't already, you might want to try <a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=492">uninstalling and reinstalling</a> the game to see if that helps. Creating a new player profile can sometimes help as well, but keep in mind that doing this will require you to start over from the beginning.

If that doesn't help either, please run a <a href="http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/142687.page">Dr. Felix</a> report and then send that over to our <a href="http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/144284.page">Tech Support</a> team. The more information that we have about the types of systems that are being affected by this issue, the better!

Thank you all for your patience, and if there are any updates on this issue, we'll be sure to let you know.

Thanks!

-bfgHondo

I had this problem but the uninstall/reinstall tip worked.

[Post New]by fritz64952 on Jan 13, 12 12:13 PM
I played the paint roller game, but I was given only 2 mosiacs to paint. I went back to play for the 3rd one, but the games is closed. This stops me from going forward. What can I do now?

[Post New]by Rene2222 on Apr 4, 12 5:17 AM
Je ne suis pas capable de recommencer le jeu où je l'ai fini. C'est toujours un nouveau profil qui apparaît. Comment régler le problème?

RyeMcLaughlin
Stingray
Stingray
4,659 Posts

[Post New]by RyeMcLaughlin on Dec 8, 12 6:49 PM
ARRRGH!!! I put the last number in the clock and everything went black!

Fortunately I was able to get it started again by quitting and going back into the game, but it took a couple of tries. Starting over again was not going to be an option.

I am so tired of games that are rushed out without proper testing. I am tired of sending one blinking Dr. Felix after another with no resolution.

ChocPeng
Herring
Herring
346 Posts

[Post New]by ChocPeng on Dec 12, 12 5:43 AM
step54 wrote:I'll be back in 3 dazes, after its downloaded.

I'm sorry – perhaps I'm missing something, but I have to wonder not only why this post is in the technical issues thread, but why this post exists at all.

What does it even mean? And, why has it been allowed to remain in this thread for more than a year?

Did anyone read this post and from it understood the technical issue the author was having?

Just wondering.

ChocPeng
Herring
Herring
346 Posts

Re:Post any Echoes of the Past: The Citadels of Time Collector's Edition technical issues here o

[Post New]by ChocPeng on Dec 12, 12 6:03 AM
WilJul wrote:Playing on a Mac and had some minor issues - the cursor would constantly freeze on its way to or near the inventory tray, pretty much every time I accessed my inventory. After a couple of seconds of circling it around it would unfreeze, sometimes it would freeze up again so I had to do the little dance over a couple of times. Annoying but not fatal. Of course I could have turned off the custom cursor to see if that helped, but I didn't - I just plowed through.

Also, on the mini game where I had to fill in the zodiac symbols in 6 boxes with no repeat of symbols - I solved the game correctly, but it didn't register. I finally went to the strategy guide and took a picture of the solved puzzle with my phone (I even had my daughter check it in case I was being brain dead) - I solved it correctly. Finally ended up skipping it.

Thank you for this post. I am having the same issue and it's good to know I'm not alone.

Because of the work I do, I have to have a smoking hot computer that has power and performance to spare. I've never had issues with long downloads or jerky cursors. Actually, when I read where people are complaining about those things, I always think, "Get a decent computer, buddy, and quit complaining."

I'd like to ask forgiveness from those people.

This game took an eternity to download, and anywhere within an inch or so near the inventory bar my cursor either freezes completely, slows down to a crawl or becomes so jerky it's difficult to control it.

This issue really puts a damper on my game-play experience and my opinion of this game. However, it's been slim pickings on BFG for some time now, so I'm going to stick with this game as long as I can.

Developers need to quit phoning it in and up their standards for what they release and make available to BFG. I haven't played a single game recently from any of the usual, reputable developers that was worth the money I paid, with the exception of that wonderful nutcracker game that was released recently.

Edited on 12/12/2012 at 6:03:45 AM PST

Go to: