murphy1018
Lobster
Lobster
85 Posts

Re:Reviews for Echoes of the Past: The Citadels of Time Collector's Edition

[Post New]by murphy1018 on Oct 1, 11 4:34 AM
Brilliant game! I love this series and this is the best one yet. Keep up the good work Orneon!!!

Penguin29
Herring
Herring
363 Posts

[Post New]by Penguin29 on Oct 1, 11 11:32 AM
One word.... AWESOME. no bugs while playing. just finished.

[Post New]by MyTFineSunshine on Oct 1, 11 12:40 PM
Wow! I just finished the bonus game play. This game does not disappoint in the least. It is definitely in my personal top three! Thanks so much for a great game, professional voice overs, clear graphics, an usual story line and a really helpful guide.

Lady_Cav
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,363 Posts

[Post New]by Lady_Cav on Oct 1, 11 12:59 PM
I can only echo the positive comments made here. I thoroughly enjoyed this game. Excellent graphics, voice-overs and storyline.

It must have taken me 8 hours to complete this game, maybe longer with the bonus game, which was probably about an hour long and unique - meaning it's not necessary to the story line, but adds to it. The regular game comes to its own conclusion. This will please those who might have been disappointed by some recent SE games stopping abruptly and requiring the CE to get the whole story.

There were some very unique and challenging puzzles. I had to use the hints more often than I wanted to and skipped two or three of the puzzles. Lots of going back and forth, which I enjoy in a game. I enjoy a game that requires an extra pair of sneakers and the - "oh, there's that piece I was looking for - Oh my, I don't remember where that locked box was, or which room this square puzzle piece is in" - experience. Nice mix of interactivity and h.o. scenes.

I had no problems or glitches, and consider this money well spent. I'm glad I didn't wait for the SE on this game. Thanks, devs, for a job well done and a very enjoyable game!

Edited on 10/01/2011 at 1:01:49 PM PST

admiral1133
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by admiral1133 on Oct 1, 11 1:13 PM
Most games I play from this site are full screen. This one is not and makes it very difficult to maneuver around small objects. I did enjoy the demo and liked the interaction in the hog scenes. The story line is boring (always the same) but that's okay, I don't pay much attention to it anyway. I like having to solve all the puzzles (and there are alot) to get an object to move to another portion of the game. I am in hopes this is a long game as it does cost $13.99 or two tokens. I may just wait a year when it will be $2.99. I have discontinued my membership with BF for now as there are too many of the same kinds of games and not enough challenge. I like large file games, but NOT NANCY DREW. Me thinks you downsized way too much. I am a patient person and can wait. Good luck fishes. I will just keep playing the free demos.

sunny64
Guppy
Guppy
108 Posts

[Post New]by sunny64 on Oct 1, 11 7:03 PM
Thanks Orneon and BF. I have played all the previous games and they are one of a select few, I really enjoy for replay. Everyone has different tastes but I do like their games.
I do buy most collector editions and love the fact that Orneon posted the inventory items at the top. I am replaying another collector edition and really frustrated that every time I want to exit...it's a hunt for the exit button or I can't find an item because it is hidden by inventory.

I also like the extras in the hidden object scenes. Although my favorite games are FROGS, your games are way above average in my opinion and just fun to play.

The quality of this game is fantastic.

[Post New]by bevjackman on Oct 1, 11 11:47 PM
What a great game, didn't want to stop playing, but you've got to sleep sometime! My only critisism was the inventory at the top of the screen, that got some getting used to. Overall great value for money. More like this please.

[Post New]by Paintedspoon on Oct 2, 11 11:39 AM
I thought this one of the most beautiful of the games I've played. Hated to see it end.
The bonus is just right. Nothing was spared in doing the graphics. Well worth the money. Thanks to the developers for a job well done.

Debnfla
Herring
Herring
336 Posts

[Post New]by Debnfla on Oct 2, 11 11:50 AM
I too think this was a fun game. I like putting objects back where they belonged and hope to see this in more games. When my demo ended I moaned..."nooooooo", so my sweet husband just laughed and told me to buy the dad gum thing if I liked it that much. So, I do believe I will! The graphics were clear and the scenes so pretty. I really enjoyed the hour and it just fly by!

Deb

winterlyn
Lobster
Lobster
86 Posts

[Post New]by winterlyn on Oct 2, 11 2:19 PM
Awesome. Best of the series! Had a bug where it seemed the game was not saving but I reinstalled, typed my name in again and it retained my status and inventory. Great game to play while husband is engrossed in watching his N.Z. world cup rugby.

gailfriend429
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

[Post New]by gailfriend429 on Oct 2, 11 6:26 PM
LovetoMissLisa wrote:I played the full demo and loved it! I'm a big fan of this series and this edition is fantastic. It does have widescreen options and in my opinion all the bells and whistles I'm looking for in a game.

Great graphics/animations/story/voiceovers/mystery. They really are putting all the work and quality in the CE's. Haven't seen a good SE in months. I understand how some wouldn't like the "Midieval" time period, but I enjoy it. If you've played the other 2 in the series, your sure to love this one. For sure it's a buy for me, and a must try. You don't have to understand the back story, this game plays on it's own. And it's Great! Good job developers! Thanks BF, now please have a CE sale.

I rate this game: "FINE SWINE"

FINE SWINE:
Great game with the best graphics and story. Bells and whistles, best, greatest, I love it.
‘ ‘
(o)

I totally agree... you can tell they put a lot of effort into this one - the graphics and artwork were really nice, the game play was interesting (some of the puzzles I had to skip, oh well) and the HOGs were fun - not too many like in some games. There was a little of everything, very entertaining, played most of the weekend! Bonus play was a good length and also fun. Two fins up!

gailfriend

[Post New]by laghostgirl on Oct 3, 11 8:18 AM
Hey fishies!! I'm a "posting" newbie but a long time reader LOL

I can't say how much I enjoy all the reviews, but never try any HOG, IHOG, FROG or any other "search until you go insane" games without an "A" review in all factors from TeamSD or "Fine Swine" from Lovetomisslisa!! Thanks you guys for reviewing all the Hidden Object Games. You have saved me more than once on being bored to death LOL

NANONAN
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by NANONAN on Oct 3, 11 11:12 AM
I'm a big fan of Echoes of the Past games and have 2 previous. This will be added to my list of wants. Good music, game plays well with no glitches, like having advanced mode altho mini games seemed a bit easy so far in demo. HOG scenes well manageable. I like the kind of games where you have several episodes (ie find all the clock pieces).
btw - why do all the bad witches seem to have to have english accents (of a sort sometimes lol) - why us? Or is it just that american accents aren't so scary?

lionscat
Guppy
Guppy
115 Posts

[Post New]by lionscat on Oct 3, 11 2:04 PM
I had so much fun playing this game, and it was looooong. I played it for over 3 days! Ditto to all the good things everyone has said and I would just like to add one more: I LOVE that you can replay the minigames when you are done with the main game! Only drawback is that there are no explanations for how to do the mini-games without the SG, at least it was that way playing in hard mode.

If BF offered games of this caliber every week, I would snap them up!

silverink
Minnow
Minnow
200 Posts

[Post New]by silverink on Oct 4, 11 5:17 AM
This game was excellent in every way! It had just the right level of challenge on advanced mode, with great graphics, adventure elements, some unique puzzles and a good balance of hidden object scenes. The atmosphere was wonderful, with a good background story and nice long length. The bonus game was high quality and a great length as well.

I have really enjoyed this series all along, but this one was my favorite - loved it!!

emmyjayne
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,375 Posts

[Post New]by emmyjayne on Oct 4, 11 12:29 PM
Wonderful game so far. Beautiful artwork and very engaging gameplay. Two improvements (my pet peeves): stop sparkling the hint button in the HOG scenes - I know it's there. And stop sparking the journal when there is a new entry - once is okay just to let me know there's a new entry but then turn it off. Many of the entries are nothing new - it's just a restatement of things I've already heard or seen - so don't keep drawing my attention to it.

But overall - EXCELLENT game. Absolutely worth buying.

hannah57
Clownfish
Clownfish
760 Posts

[Post New]by hannah57 on Oct 4, 11 6:44 PM
Well I just now finished the game after 3 days? What an awesome game, I would play games like this everyday. Great job BF.

arfur99
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by arfur99 on Oct 5, 11 8:13 AM
I really rate this game.Challenging to say the least. I only play a couple of hours a night and so far it's lasted me nearly a week. Thats what I call value for money. The graphics are brilliant and the story line equally so. I rate this up there with MCFs.

sherisgirl
Minnow
Minnow
229 Posts

[Post New]by sherisgirl on Oct 5, 11 11:47 AM
I agree with everything you have said Arthur, but I havent finished yet, loveing every minutre of this game but knew I would as I enjoyed playing the previous 2, im where the fisherman is so I think about 3/4 of the way through.

Even the puzzels are not to hard only the lights ones I cant do so skip them, but the rest really had fun doing them.

Thanks BF

Off the beta test Revenge of the Spirit Rite of Resurrection

tomb57
Guppy
Guppy
155 Posts

[Post New]by tomb57 on Oct 5, 11 6:42 PM
This is a very nice game for puzzle lovers and H.O. fans.
Very nice graphics, length of gameplay, Bonus game is a plus for those who don't want it to end!
Try the demo you'll want it!
Thanks for bringing us this one BFG!!!

Go to: