bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Re:Post any Fairway Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Mar 13, 13 6:11 AM
Hi pjries,

I'm sorry you're disappointed with the service, that doesn't sound like much fun.

I assure you that we will do our best to get to your message as soon as possible and once we do, we will do all we can to help.

Thanks for bearing with us.

bfgBaikal

[Post New]by Project2067 on Apr 2, 13 9:24 AM
I've had a recent issue with the game. Every time I press the power button on my device to pause it, and then unlock it to resume the game - even if it's just a second or two later, the game freezes for 10 to 15 seconds, and more often than not, will eventually crash out. This same exact behavior occurs while playing the game, if I double-click the home button to bring up the multi-task bar, then click back into the game to cancel the bar. Again, 10 to 15 seconds of freeze time, usually followed by the game crashing.

Also, when I first open the game, it takes over a minute for it to get past the initial splash screen to load. It used to take no more than 10-15 seconds for the game to load.

This started happening approximately a week ago, for no apparent reason. This behavior only occurs with Fairway Solitaire. I've tried other games that are much more memory intensive, and they all work fine.

I've made sure that no other applications are running by closing them via the multi-task bar. I've rebooted the device, and launched the game immediately after reboot, with the same behavior. I've even completely erased all settings and data from the device and restored it from iCloud. Still no luck.

Here are the specs for my device:

32 GB iPod Touch, 5th generation
Operating system version: 6.1.3
8.5 GB available

Is there a way to re-install the game, without wiping out my game progress? Up until about a week ago, the game was working perfectly.

Edited on 04/02/2013 at 11:02:15 AM PST

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Apr 3, 13 5:56 AM
Hi Project2067,

As it sounds like you have tried much of the troubleshooting for this already and the Forum is not very suited to more specific troubleshooting, I would encourage you contact Tech Support for further assistance.

Once of our Reps will be glad to help you out with specific instructions to tackle this issue.

I hope this information is helpful and wishing you the best of luck!

bfgBaikal

Game has reset to the beginning

[Post New]by Vunzie on Apr 3, 13 6:37 AM
I have seen more people having the game reset to the beginning.
Everything is gone and even the ingame puchases have disappeared.
I have been playing for months now and I had almost completed every level.
It's really frustrating and it's something that needs resolving very quickly guys.

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on Apr 3, 13 9:22 AM
Hey Vunzie,

It is certainly frustrating when a game restarts like that, and our Fairway Team is definitely doing everything they can to make sure that doesn't happen again.

in the meantime, however, if this has happened for your game I would recommend contacting our Mobile Support Team. One of our Reps will be happy to go through some options for the game with you.

I hope this is helpful and thanks for bringing this up!

bfgIzara

[Post New]by Project2067 on May 9, 13 9:10 AM
The latest update fixed the game-freezing problem for me.

To those whose game data resets randomly, I've had that happen to me several times too. However, as long as you have the iCloud backup enabled on your device, simply restore from your last backup (or perhaps the second to last backup depending on when the game data got wiped out), and this will restore all your game data and progress.

I actually came here today to report a strange bug I've noticed with the latest "whack-a-gopher" mini-game. This has happened to me every time I've played it: after completing the challenge, whatever game bucks it says I earned don't actually get applied to my game-buck bank.

Also, is it possible to repress the "what's new in this update" splash screen, so that it doesn't pop up each time the game is opened? I guess it's not a big deal, but it's a minor annoyance, having to click one more thing before you can play.

Thanks.

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on May 9, 13 11:39 AM
Hey there Project2067,

Thanks for letting us know about that issue in the 'whack-a-gopher' mini-game! Our Fairway Team here is aware of the glitch and is working hard to get that resolved for the next update for the game!

Also I've double checked and it's not currently possible to repress the 'what's new in this update' splash screen. I'll be happy to pass your feedback along, and if you'd like you're welcome to write into Customer Support as well!

I hope this helps and thanks again!

bfgIzara

[Post New]by Project2067 on May 13, 13 8:49 AM
I've found one more bug in the latest version. I've drawn the "Twilight" wild card twice now since the last update, and because of the new "Perfect Timing" trophy, I've been especially keen to it. It's supposed to give you 30 seconds from the time you draw the card to complete the level. It shows 30 up at the timer, but then the clock runs perhaps 3-4 times faster than it should, making it virtually impossible to complete the level. Instead of 30 seconds, you're actually getting less than 10.

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on May 14, 13 4:17 AM
Heya Project2067,

Thanks for mentioning this, that sure doesn't sound to nice!

It would be great if you could get in touch with our dedicated Mobile Support Team regarding this as they will have the means available to look into this further. Of course we wouldn't want you to miss the trophy because of a problem with the game .

Thanks!

bfgBiwa

[Post New]by AngelAndLeonidas on May 15, 13 2:17 AM
Hello Yesterday I bought the game for my imac.And I saw that it doesnt have any button for daily courses,why is that?The thing is for my ipad and iphone i bought it from i-tunes and there I have the daily courses,but on mu imac I dont have anything!!!Please help me its so nice game and its a shame that I dond have tha daily courses!!!
Hope to see your answer soon!!!

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on May 15, 13 10:57 AM
Hello AngelAndLeonidas and welcome to the Pond!

Thanks for your great question! Those Daily Courses are only offered in the iPad and iPhone versions of Fairway. Since the Mac version is a downloadable game that doesn't require internet access to play those Daily Courses are not included.

I hope this helps to explain things a bit better and please let us know if you have any other questions!

bfgIzara

Edited on 05/15/2013 at 10:58:10 AM PST

[Post New]by AngelAndLeonidas on May 15, 13 11:07 AM
Hello again!!!!
Oooh I thought that you would do it for mac too!!!! :-(
It is so nice to have the daily course for the mac too!!!!
Thank uou again very much!!!Would you do some more on the fairway solitaire collectors edition?That would be cery nice!!!Its a wonderfull game!!!!The best game ever!!!!!
Thank you again very much!!!!!

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on May 16, 13 11:21 AM
Those Daily Courses are fun AngelAndLeonidas! It's definitely possible that an update with more courses might be released for Fairway Solitaire Collector's Edition but we're not privy to that information so I'll keep my fins crossed for you!

Happy gaming!

bfgIzara

PMcOuntryGirl
Guppy
Guppy
112 Posts

[Post New]by PMcOuntryGirl on Aug 8, 13 8:34 PM
I cannot even play the game. I purchased the CE and when I try and run it, I get this error:

error: couldn't locate runtime module: mdm.System

Please help! I love this game!

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Aug 12, 13 2:16 PM
Hi PMcOuntryGirl,

What a shame you are seeing that message!

To help combat that, I would suggest assigning some more permissions to your game; to give it the best chance of running without that error. The following help article will guide you through doing that:

Run Game as Administrator

If the error persists though, please contact Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page. One of our Reps will be happy to take a closer look at this with you.

Hope this helps!

bfgBaikal

[Post New]by Fairport5 on Aug 24, 13 8:51 PM
Help! I open the game on my itouch and it has reset. It doesn't even recognize that I have purchased the game!!!! I had 2500+ trophies and 2000+ stars. Please tell me there is something that can be done. Worked so long to get this far and this is not good! Please help!

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Aug 27, 13 7:06 AM
Heya Fairport5, welcome to the Forums!

I'm really sorry that your game just reset on you like this! How very frustrating!

I would definitely recommend that you get in touch with our Mobile Support Team
so they can have a look at everything for you. They'll be more than happy to see what can be done so you can enjoy your game again!

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

judylinn
Herring
Herring
349 Posts

[Post New]by judylinn on Aug 31, 13 6:58 PM
I have played the hole diamonds in the rough maybe 50 plus times. I can't even get anything close to par and it won't let me play on. This is not a hard game to figure out. 50 plus times us ridiculous. Any help with this. It must be stuck

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Sep 4, 13 3:31 AM
Welcome to the forums!

judylinn - my best advice for this course would be to make sure you start out with a full bag of clubs to supplement your game and also having a reserve of golf bucks to replenish your irons immediately once used, is a good idea.

I have come across a few sticky courses like this and usually, this method of using more irons that you typically would gives you that edge to get par or below it.

Wishing you the best of luck though!

bfgBaikal

Bugs In Sept 16/2013 update

[Post New]by SyrahD on Sep 19, 13 7:02 PM
Whack a gopher does not work. The screen for the mini game appears with lights flashing then nothing. Of course there is no way to exit so the game needs to be restarted.

Also on the new game challenges for additional cups you ask for a great shot with three 15's. when the 3 15's are showing as achieved and we end the great shot, the cup is not granted. There is another post on this subject in the forum. What are we missing?

Go to: