arthurC
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
424 Posts

Re:Reviews for Oddly Enough: Pied Piper

[Post New]by arthurC on Oct 5, 11 7:44 AM
If it's good enough for Casualgran, it's good enough for me!

Going to buy it now.
Jo

Marle1959
Minnow
Minnow
287 Posts

[Post New]by Marle1959 on Oct 5, 11 7:46 AM
I bought it too! What a lovely game!

suzyoz
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

[Post New]by suzyoz on Oct 5, 11 9:36 AM
An absolute joy especially after the previous days abysmal offfering.

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Oct 5, 11 11:02 AM
I am about 3/4 into the game and have got to say that this has been a really fun game. Its not that short and espeically if you play on the harder mode and don't ask for hints or look at the walkthrough. Really enjoyed this game. Well worth the SE price.

crowtrobot
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by crowtrobot on Oct 5, 11 12:19 PM
Personally didn't care for this game. Going back and forth between four locations (not counting roof), hint pointed you to door or out of a location, then had to recharge. Short recharge time, but still. I know there was a gate that needed a key; just had gotten the key when the time ran out. The tasks were interesting and the HOG scenes were good, but with only the demo I am going to have that music going through my head for hours; too repetitive.

I may reconsider on this. If it's a DD, I would probably buy it after giving it some thought. So many people have given such positive reviews that I may enjoy the full game more than the trial makes me think.

Thanks for the reviews, fishies! It can make a difference between buy and no-buy. I'm still on the fence but will put on my "maybe" list!

KimiKanda
Guppy
Guppy
145 Posts

[Post New]by KimiKanda on Oct 5, 11 2:14 PM
"Yes!" I agree this is a game. I love the artistry, graphics, , interactive play, and story. I am very impressed "Cheers" and for the developers of this game. Thanks.

ELadyG1013
Guppy
Guppy
133 Posts

[Post New]by ELadyG1013 on Oct 5, 11 5:15 PM
Just finished the Demo.....my time expired!!! The good news is....I get to pick up where I was shut off at........as soon as I buy it of coarse...which is shortly I love this game, it's fun,and bright very easy on the optics Thanks [removed by moderator] and BFG for this one...

Edited on 10/06/2011 at 1:10:44 PM PST

Grimhild
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by Grimhild on Oct 5, 11 5:24 PM
I enjoyed this game but like others here, I thought it was too short. I think the inclusion of one more location hub would have made me think this is an excellent game. Great graphics, nice but not too involved storyline, nice variety of puzzles and good FROGs. Not a lot of time wasted with annoying voiceovers or having to interact with annoying characters. I didn't get as frustrated with running back and forth between locations as I usually do, partly because the art is so pleasant and partly because I wasn't already frustrated by not being able to figure out what I'm supposed to do.

This would be a good game for kids, or for a parent-child team, as it's not as darkly-themed and threatening, and the art is cleaner (that is, it didn't leave me feeling like I'd just crawled through a cesspool, as I often feel after playing more "adult" games), than many games.

Overall, I'm happy with my purchase of Oddly Enough: Pied Piper, and if the same company produces more Oddly Enough games, I'd buy them.

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

[Post New]by cbtx on Oct 6, 11 2:08 AM
Excellent game, very different, very well done!

[Post New]by quarlesqueen on Oct 6, 11 7:42 AM
As soon as I saw ODDLY ENOUGH, I knew this game was for me, so different and a breath of fresh air, that was much needed..THANKS developers !!
CUTE graphics, so clear and bright, the story is ORIGINAL and interesting, brings me back to my childhood, Oddly Enough: Pied Piper says it all, and I am an oddball lover, so this is a know brainer and a definite buy .

RainbowExplorer said it all, GREAT review, and I couldn't agree more, the developers did an excellent job with the game play, with the 4 area's in the middle.
I also don't care for all of the back and forth, just to make a game longer, so the developers decision, to not make us go through 20 pairs of sneakers, is a welcomed relief, and so appreciated ...it makes the game much more enjoyable IMHO.
I have noticed a lot, when a game is to hard for some, instead of just admiting that, they trash the game itself, which isn't fair to the developers who put so much work, time and effort, into these games.
I hope the developers know, they have a ton of fans, just read the reviews, there are those of us who really appreciate a good game, so THANKS, job well done!!
Will be watching for more games, made by these developers from one oddball that is not affraid to admit it, oddly enough

JB1954
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by JB1954 on Oct 6, 11 9:29 AM
This was a very great game from [removed by moderator] they have awesome games, it was fun great graphics, good story, not a CE, and will play again.

Edited on 10/06/2011 at 10:01:36 AM PST

NANONAN
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by NANONAN on Oct 6, 11 9:36 AM
Started off not liking this game, but as I got into it, started to like it more and more. Vry good clear graphics, unoffensive music, amusing storyline. Sad its a silhouette HOG game as I really hate those, but at least the objects are reasonably easy to find as the screens are not too cluttered. Mini games quite fun. Expert mode quite tricky, casual mode just gives a glint where you need to act instead of hundreds of sparkles, so it doesn't make it too easy.

Becca_jxxx
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

[Post New]by Becca_jxxx on Oct 6, 11 9:40 AM
Just finished the game and just wanted to say it was well worth the punch card credit!

dogma45
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by dogma45 on Oct 6, 11 2:13 PM
Great game...fun. Graphics good game play smooth.

[Post New]by cathy41 on Oct 6, 11 3:10 PM
i think im stupid or maybe there is a tech issue..... the alchemist does not give me a coin.... i go back and back and still no coin, can anyone help plz, am i missing something , thanks heaps

[Post New]by hydrogibbon on Oct 6, 11 4:08 PM
I knew I would like this game when I saw who made it. I tend to like all of the Alawar games. I just started it this morning and bought it before I finished the trial hour. I'm enjoying myself immensly with this challenging fun game.

nosake
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by nosake on Oct 6, 11 9:02 PM
While I should be happy that this game loads and plays without technical problems, it seems geared toward 10 year old boys. I don't like this game.

deijiara
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by deijiara on Oct 7, 11 3:29 PM
While this game was grammatically awkward at times, I have to say that it was a nice change of pace to get a game that wasn't demons, voodoo, or death related. While the games subject matter was a little 'young' for me, there were a few times I had no clue what to do without the hint button. I was in the circus town when the demo ran out. I bought it and feel very good for doing so.

Side note: it also serves the function of being a game I can put on my laptop for when the young'uns of a married couple I know want to play a game.

StefsCat
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by StefsCat on Oct 7, 11 10:42 PM
Just played the demo for this and it looks like it's just my style. A FROG game, which are my favorites. This is going on my definitely want list and I'll probably be getting it soon.

[Post New]by rebeccartist on Oct 8, 11 1:01 AM
I played 45 minutes of the demo and... the game did not grab me. I didn't mind the FROGs, and I liked the graphics just fine, but the game itself bored me. I tried not to let the fact that the devs misspelled "Hamelin" (which as a German-American I found a touch offensive, as in rude) affect my reaction to the game. Maybe I failed at that . Maybe I held that against them; I'm not sure. I only know that when I was called away from my computer at the end of 45 minutes I was not disappointed I had to leave, and when I returned I felt no urge to get back into the game.

I'm sorry I can't be more specific as to what I didn't like.

Go to: