Re:Post any Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's The Premature Burial CE technical issues here only

[Post New]by annie1991 on Oct 16, 11 2:17 PM
I have Windows 7. Downloaded game and Game Manager. Clicked on play and nothing happened. I can play MCF Dire Grove, but not this game or the new Raven Cemetery game. I tried all the hints suggested and nothing. Now the Game Manager will not load to desktop.

Re:Post any Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's The Premature Burial CE technical issues here only

[Post New]by quincysmom on Oct 18, 11 1:12 PM
I have done this twice. Am in the cemetery and have to find four pieces of a bas relief for the crypt door. I only find three pieces and can't get past the cemetery. I'm using the strategy guide step by step and don't see where I've gone wrong. Help!!

[Post New]by quincysmom on Oct 18, 11 1:16 PM
Think I was doing this chat incorrectly. Bad start. Again, I am stuck in the cemetery. I was to collect four pieces of a bas relief along the way and wind up with only three. I can't get into the crypt. I've done this twice with the same result. I'm following the strategy guide step by step. Help, please.

[Post New]by elvenstardragon on Oct 23, 11 7:52 AM
lilflirt wrote:I'M IN THE COURTYARD WHERE THE DOG IS. **** SCENE WON'T LET ME PICK UP THE MEDALLION WITH HOE! ANYONE ELSE HAVE THIS PROBLEM?

[Post New]by elvenstardragon on Oct 23, 11 7:55 AM
lilflirt wrote:I'M IN THE COURTYARD WHERE THE DOG IS. **** SCENE WON'T LET ME PICK UP THE MEDALLION WITH HOE! ANYONE ELSE HAVE THIS PROBLEM?

I'm having the same problem. Have been trying to place hoe for the last hour and it must be just one pixel you have to place it on to get it to work. can't go any further unless someone has an answer.****

deepmot
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by deepmot on Oct 24, 11 10:26 AM
I've just collected my last rose and went back through tunnel . Zoomed in to see handle and says I need crowbar, but I'm stuck here!!! I can't close box or go back! So close to the end. What am I going to do now?!

[Post New]by mkligmann on Oct 27, 11 5:56 PM
I'm at the point in the game where I need to drug the dog with the blow dart dipped in ether. I have the blowpipe, ether and dart ready to go. The ether is in the dish but the game won't allow me to dip the dart into the ether. Any suggestions? Or chance of a bug fix release?

[Post New]by thered1 on Oct 29, 11 7:40 AM
I am at the water puzzle in the final chapter and the puzzle will not let me do anything I have reinstalled two times and its still is frozen.. Please advise I hope I don't have to start all over again..

[Post New]by IsThatYou on Oct 31, 11 11:06 AM
I just finished playing this game and is compatible with Windows 7, without any problems. Please make sure all your drivers are up to date! If you still have problems, run it in compatibility mode as other Windows versions and see if it helps. Good Luck

[Post New]by tammy_morgan on Nov 3, 11 7:45 PM
NEED HELP! I'm stucked. Where can I find the blowpipe? I can't get the experiment level working.

[Post New]by Balula on Nov 4, 11 7:32 AM
deepmot wrote:I've just collected my last rose and went back through tunnel . Zoomed in to see handle and says I need crowbar, but I'm stuck here!!! I can't close box or go back! So close to the end. What am I going to do now?!

I had the same problem and thought I was stuck too!
But your not!!
put your cursor in the bottum of the zoom screen (so not the full size screen) and you will get a arrow that you can move back!

Hope this helps

kinget
Guppy
Guppy
154 Posts

[Post New]by kinget on Nov 4, 11 9:59 PM
The strategy guide specifically says that you can go back if you missed any roses. I did so, but now that I have the bouquet of roses there is no way to get to where I'm supposed to use it. (Don't want to spoil that part for anyone who didn't miss one along the way.) Extremely frustrating, since that means I can't get to the bonus chapter, for which I essesntially paid extra by buying the CE.

Edited on 11/04/2011 at 10:04:55 PM PST

kinget
Guppy
Guppy
154 Posts

[Post New]by kinget on Nov 5, 11 8:08 PM
quincysmom wrote:Think I was doing this chat incorrectly. Bad start. Again, I am stuck in the cemetery. I was to collect four pieces of a bas relief along the way and wind up with only three. I can't get into the crypt. I've done this twice with the same result. I'm following the strategy guide step by step. Help, please.

I had to backtrack through the strategy guide until I got to what I think was the first piece. It was harder to see than the others.

[Post New]by RandR4ever on Nov 14, 11 7:08 PM
Ok, while paying the game, which I really liked, I get to a certain point and the nothing happens. Case in point, when I get into the additional game ( the part where you have to darken the spots on a lock at the bottom of the stairs in the mansion) the game will not continue. I have tried re-doing the game, but when I get to that part of the game, again, it freezes and I cannot continue on.

The game works well and it downloaded well, I managed to make it thru the entire game up until that part.

[Post New]by JATemp on Nov 19, 11 6:32 AM
fantasynanna60 wrote:Can't grab the letter P and using the lighter on the spider web to access the acorn
I also have the same problem have just restarted the game with new profile to try and get past this point

[Post New]by foxierox on Feb 11, 12 2:47 PM
Anyone have the problem where the HOS didnt come up at the cemetery after you have collected the bucket of water??
I cannot collect the rag to wash the windows and therefore proceed witht he game.
Any help/ideas??

Cheers

Sx

[Post New]by scrapper61 on Feb 19, 12 6:24 AM
Still can't find the paintbrush and can't proceed with this game. I've read through all the comments I could find and read the spoiler. I've clicked everywhere on the picture in Julien's room but no brush. I bought the CE of this game because of the integrated SG but it's not in there. Need some help on this please.

[Post New]by trintoplay56 on Feb 24, 12 5:07 PM
Oaktown1 wrote:Opened the mailbox and got the gate code for the city gate ... but then wandered around for about an hour trying to figure out what I'd missed (I was unable to use any inventory items). Finally checked the walkthrough (which really bugs me, because I like to get through a game without any hints) and I see that the last HOS game I finished was supposed to provide a snow flake and stained glass window piece (was also supposed to place two heart pieces together?) ... was unable to do do/obtain any of this and I'm certain I've completed all HOS up to this point. Advice?

[Post New]by hixon1591 on Mar 1, 12 3:54 PM
It looks like I did the steps out of order. I opened the window with the hook before going to the crypt and they took the hook away so I can't get the wrench. What do I do??

JKatS
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
4 Posts

[Post New]by JKatS on Mar 6, 12 7:09 PM
I can't figure out the code to open the box in the bar. The finger prints aren't helpful to me. Please help.

Go to: