Re:Post any The Dark Hills of Cherai: The Regal Scepter technical issues here only

[Post New]by dogbreedchch on Oct 12, 11 8:43 AM
i get this message i have a windows 7 pro. this is the message runtime error 2147467259 (80004005)
automattion error
unspecified error what dose that mean thanks i have a 32 bit

 
bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

Re:Post any The Dark Hills of Cherai: The Regal Scepter technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Oct 12, 11 11:14 AM
Hello everyone,

We are aware of the runtime error and are currently looking into why this is being caused. If you haven't already, please write in to Tech Support with a Dr. Felix report so that we can collect more information on this issue.

Thank you for your patience as we look into this. If there is an update, we will post in this thread and will post an announcement. Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx

 

Re:Post any The Dark Hills of Cherai: The Regal Scepter technical issues here only

[Post New]by dapsnowball on Oct 12, 11 5:34 PM
another waste of money i am also having issues when Rhaul starts to play when the whitch blows up the house i go do the **** game come back and the house reapears cannot place the ladder cannot continue with the game. what happens with beta testing are the faults ignored for the sake of money. i have 3 other games that i cannot play this is poor bf

 

Re:Post any The Dark Hills of Cherai: The Regal Scepter technical issues here only

[Post New]by sunshineray37 on Oct 12, 11 10:51 PM
This is a really good game and certainly worth the 7 bucks. Because I have my font size set to 125%, the game didn't load and Windows 7 gave a "run time" error. From the comments here on the forum I observed that reducing font size yo 100% fixes the problem and it did. I think this is the first game from India that I've played and when they get this technical issue fixed , Bollywood will do well in the PC game field.

 

Re:Post any The Dark Hills of Cherai: The Regal Scepter technical issues here only

[Post New]by Breaker53 on Oct 12, 11 11:21 PM
Hello:

I am having the same issue with Raoul ..and the FR****KING ROPELADDER.

I have written several time to BFG and without any feedback form them at all about this issue. This is not the first time that I have not been able to play a game all the way through..I have an updated system..Windows 7...all drivers updated ..system working fine....but in the last few months have been having problems with some of the games which I have bought here. It seems that BFG is having a QUALITY CONTROL problem.... I wish that they would fix it...and get games out that will run properly...
You buy it...it ought to work!!

Thats my 2 Cents worth...

BFG YOU LISTENING????????????

 

Re:Post any The Dark Hills of Cherai: The Regal Scepter technical issues here only

[Post New]by TealadysCat on Oct 13, 11 4:24 AM
bfgArnoStyx wrote:Hello everyone,

We are aware of the runtime error and are currently looking into why this is being caused. If you haven't already, please write in to <a href="http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/144284.page">Tech Support</a> with a <a href="http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/142687.page">Dr. Felix report</a> so that we can collect more information on this issue.

Thank you for your patience as we look into this. If there is an update, we will post in this thread and will post an announcement. Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx
This message from BF wasn't posted for nearly THREE days after problem was shown this is not acceptable, this also the only response I have seen about the runtime error, I sent a cust help ticket on the evening of the 8th oct which is now 96 hours ago and all I have had is the automated(we have received your email)response I am serously thinking of cancelling my membership

 
ThomAndJerry
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

Re:Post any The Dark Hills of Cherai: The Regal Scepter technical issues here only

[Post New]by ThomAndJerry on Oct 13, 11 11:17 AM
TealadysCat wrote:
bfgArnoStyx wrote:Hello everyone,

We are aware of the runtime error and are currently looking into why this is being caused. If you haven't already, please write in to <a href="http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/144284.page">Tech Support</a> with a <a href="http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/142687.page">Dr. Felix report</a> so that we can collect more information on this issue.

Thank you for your patience as we look into this. If there is an update, we will post in this thread and will post an announcement. Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx
This message from BF wasn't posted for nearly THREE days after problem was shown this is not acceptable, this also the only response I have seen about the runtime error, I sent a cust help ticket on the evening of the 8th oct which is now 96 hours ago and all I have had is the automated(we have received your email)response I am serously thinking of cancelling my membership



Wanna know the even sadder part of all this? With 50%+ of the people who have pcs now, running Windows 7, this just PROVES they dont test their own games efficiently enough. Had they tested this on Windows 7 they would have already known this issue existed..lol. It is now the 13th and they have not made a response since this one, and have not released a new version of the game. Speaks volumes doesnt it?

Edited on 10/13/2011 at 11:19:06 AM PST


 
DebL
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

Re:Post any The Dark Hills of Cherai: The Regal Scepter technical issues here only

[Post New]by DebL on Oct 13, 11 12:53 PM
dapsnowball wrote:another waste of money i am also having issues when Rhaul starts to play when the whitch blows up the house i go do the **** game come back and the house reapears cannot place the ladder cannot continue with the game. what happens with beta testing are the faults ignored for the sake of money. i have 3 other games that i cannot play this is poor bf


I wonder, has BF responded to this problem with the game? I have the same issue!

Big Fish are you reading these complaints about this game?
I will have to get a refund, if this isn't fixed cause I can't go any further!!

 
bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

Re:Post any The Dark Hills of Cherai: The Regal Scepter technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Oct 13, 11 2:10 PM
ThomAndJerry wrote:Wanna know the even sadder part of all this? With 50%+ of the people who have pcs now, running Windows 7, this just PROVES they dont test their own games efficiently enough. Had they tested this on Windows 7 they would have already known this issue existed..lol. It is now the 13th and they have not made a response since this one, and have not released a new version of the game. Speaks volumes doesnt it?


Hi ThomAndJerry,

Since this isn't an issue that everyone with Windows 7 is experiencing, we need to be able figure out which types of systems are being affected.

To do this, we ask for you (all, not just you individually) to please run a Dr. Felix Diagnostics Report on your system and then send the results over to our Tech Support team.

The more information that we can gather, the sooner we'll likely be able to fix this issue. Thank you for your patience, and if there are any updates on this, we'll be sure to post something in the forums.

Thanks!

-bfgHondo

Edited on 10/13/2011 at 2:12:10 PM PST


 
tayers81
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
15,692 Posts

Re:Post any The Dark Hills of Cherai: The Regal Scepter technical issues here only

[Post New]by tayers81 on Oct 13, 11 6:23 PM
I finally got the game run for me without getting the dreaded runtime error. I was changing font size using the "tools" option, but I was still getting the error. I finally went under my control panel, personalization, and then selected the default (96) DPI and restarted my computer for the changes to take effect. I then ran the game from the Game Manager and it came up and runs just fine.

I just thought I'd let you all know in case you have only been changing font size under "tools" and it wasn't working for you either. Good luck!

 

Re:Post any The Dark Hills of Cherai: The Regal Scepter technical issues here only

[Post New]by jonicat on Oct 14, 11 8:54 AM
Tayers81 - THANK YOU SO MUCH. That did it! I had the runtime error. I had changed my DPI under control panel but not as far down as 96. Figured I'd take a chance and viola! Game opened. Don't know if I'll run into those other issues, but for now at least I can play open the darn game! Thanks again for your post.

 
tayers81
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
15,692 Posts

Re:Post any The Dark Hills of Cherai: The Regal Scepter technical issues here only

[Post New]by tayers81 on Oct 14, 11 3:29 PM
jonicat wrote:Tayers81 - THANK YOU SO MUCH. That did it! I had the runtime error. I had changed my DPI under control panel but not as far down as 96. Figured I'd take a chance and viola! Game opened. Don't know if I'll run into those other issues, but for now at least I can play open the darn game! Thanks again for your post.


You're welcome jonicat! I'm just glad it's helped someone else to play this game. I hope you enjoy it!

 

Re:Post any The Dark Hills of Cherai: The Regal Scepter technical issues here only

[Post New]by TealadysCat on Oct 14, 11 9:44 PM
tayers81 wrote:I finally got the game run for me without getting the dreaded runtime error. I was changing font size using the "tools" option, but I was still getting the error. I finally went under my control panel, personalization, and then selected the default (96) DPI and restarted my computer for the changes to take effect. I then ran the game from the Game Manager and it came up and runs just fine.

I just thought I'd let you all know in case you have only been changing font size under "tools" and it wasn't working for you either. Good luck!


YES this worked for me too even though i had no mention of dpi error or incompatibility just the runtime error i changed my dpi to 96 pixels and although my game still doesn't work from game man. it does work if i double click on Cherai icon in program files .so thanks to you Tayers81.
Shame BF dont read these forums as you posted this answer at least 24hrs before a BF cust person sent me an email (SIX days after submitting) to update my adobe flash/shock/net framework/visualc++ all of which was up to date and i redid anyway and game still did not work..I sent him a reply telling him your help!!lol

 
tayers81
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
15,692 Posts

Re:Post any The Dark Hills of Cherai: The Regal Scepter technical issues here only

[Post New]by tayers81 on Oct 14, 11 10:22 PM
Hi TealadysCat!

I didn't have any mention of the DPI error either when I had previously tried to launch the game (only the highly annoying runtime error) so I hadn't thought I needed to change it. I think it was sunshineray37's post about changing the DPI setting getting rid of his/her runtime error that tipped me off.

I also noticed bfgRhone gave steps on how to change the DPI on the first page of this thread and it's actually a short cut compared to my way...I must of have skipped that post because I just now noticed it..oops!

I'm just really keeping fingers crossed the developer puts through a patch because I really do NOT like having to change my DPI setting back and forth each time I want to play this game.

Anyways, I hope you enjoy the game....after all this trouble, it better be worth it!

 

Re:Post any The Dark Hills of Cherai: The Regal Scepter technical issues here only

[Post New]by easyplayer on Oct 15, 11 1:43 PM
dapsnowball wrote:another waste of money i am also having issues when Rhaul starts to play when the whitch blows up the house i go do the **** game come back and the house reapears cannot place the ladder cannot continue with the game. what happens with beta testing are the faults ignored for the sake of money. i have 3 other games that i cannot play this is poor bf

HAVE THE SAME ISSUE WHEN RHAUL CAMES TO PLAY, TECHNICAL SUPPORT SENT ME A MESSAGE TO UPDATE DIRECTX, I THOUGHT I DID COUSE MY COMPUTER SED THAT MY UPDATE WAS THE LATTERS. BUT IS DIRECTX11, THAT YOU CAN FIND IN THE THECH SUPPORT HELP. AFTER THIS I RESTART MY COMPUTER DL GAME AGAIN AND NOW IT WORKS GREAT. HOPE THIS HELP YOU.

 

Re:Post any The Dark Hills of Cherai: The Regal Scepter technical issues here only

[Post New]by easyplayer on Oct 15, 11 1:50 PM
Breaker53 wrote:Hello:

I am having the same issue with Raoul ..and the FR****KING ROPELADDER.

I have written several time to BFG and without any feedback form them at all about this issue. This is not the first time that I have not been able to play a game all the way through..I have an updated system..Windows 7...all drivers updated ..system working fine....but in the last few months have been having problems with some of the games which I have bought here. It seems that BFG is having a QUALITY CONTROL problem.... I wish that they would fix it...and get games out that will run properly...
You buy it...it ought to work!!

Thats my 2 Cents worth...

BFG YOU LISTENING????????????

SEE REPLY TO "DAPSNOWBALL" DL DIRECTX11 FROM CUSTOMER SUPPORT TECH QUESTIONS.EVEN IF YOU COMP SED THAT YOU HAVE THE LATTERS.

 
MoreOver
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

Re:Post any The Dark Hills of Cherai: The Regal Scepter technical issues here only

[Post New]by MoreOver on Oct 15, 11 7:58 PM
TealadysCat wrote:This message from BF wasn't posted for nearly THREE days after problem was shown this is not acceptable, this also the only response I have seen about the runtime error, I sent a cust help ticket on the evening of the 8th oct which is now 96 hours ago and all I have had is the automated(we have received your email)response I am serously thinking of cancelling my membership


To be fair, the game came out on a Saturday. Can you imagine the number of problems that are reported to BF over any weekend? Not just the current releases, but all the other games played over those two days. Give them a break. They're still provide the best support of any game site I've done business with. Heck, one popular site seemingly hides access to their tech support and it's via email only, no chat, no online answers, no forums, nothing, nada, zip.

This is not a paid endorsement.

Just saying,
MO

Edited on 10/15/2011 at 7:58:58 PM PST


 
hangel1
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

Re:Post any The Dark Hills of Cherai: The Regal Scepter technical issues here only

[Post New]by hangel1 on Oct 16, 11 12:27 AM
Tyers82 and TealadgsCAT,

Thank you so much. I had to use both of your instructions and finally got the game running. Yeah!!!!

Hangel

 
Leslie318
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

Re:Post any The Dark Hills of Cherai: The Regal Scepter technical issues here only

[Post New]by Leslie318 on Oct 16, 11 12:46 PM
Cannot get past the ladder, It refuses to show sunken tower. i am on second name and getting frustrated!

 
MoreOver
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

Re:Post any The Dark Hills of Cherai: The Regal Scepter technical issues here only

[Post New]by MoreOver on Oct 17, 11 9:56 AM
Leslie318 wrote:Cannot get past the ladder, It refuses to show sunken tower. i am on second name and getting frustrated!


Leslie, when you compare your actions to the walkthrough, what part isn't happening for you?

 
 
 
 
Go to: