Re:Reviews for Mystery Legends: Beauty and the Beast

[Post New]by RedSox22 on Dec 21, 11 12:45 PM
hmmmmm.....personally when games appear to be getting shorter.....they're really not. Switch to "expert" level.....and "VIOLA" they become longer!!!! Give it a try!

Liasmani
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
19,504 Posts

[Post New]by Liasmani on Dec 23, 11 7:33 AM
Fun Factor: 5 stars
Visual/Sound Quality: 5 stars
Level of Challenge: 4 stars
Average Rating: 5 stars

Pros: Excellent visual and sounds. Variety of puzzles and mini-game. Flesh out story. Plenty of areas to explore.

Cons: Plenty of trekking (for those who hate it.)

(This review is based on the game's demo.)

Cromaxgal
Clownfish
Clownfish
730 Posts

[Post New]by Cromaxgal on Dec 29, 11 1:16 AM
Very cartoonish and childish....seems like it's more for kids. Not impressed and surprised it among the winners for the year. Not buying it....only played about 15 minutes.

[Post New]by naloco44 on Dec 29, 11 12:54 PM
Amazing game- got me through the holidays!

[Post New]by mizzdeecee on Jan 6, 12 10:42 PM
This game was okay. The graphics are very nice.... beautiful, if you will. It was not particularly interesting because there was really not much interaction. I found myself wanting to 'move on'. The biggest problem I had was the curser was very 'sketchy'. I mean itat it would not hold onto anything and 'floated' around. I found it very tiring. I have found that in some other games and in the future, if it is that way in the pre-purchase hour, I will not purchase. If that is not a problem, then the game is satisfactory.

marg6043
Clownfish
Clownfish
582 Posts

[Post New]by marg6043 on Jan 8, 12 5:35 PM
Nice easy game to play, just like your well know fantacy story this one have a twist. Very nice graphics, the game is not that challenging just enough to keep you busy.

[Post New]by HOGPlayer on Jan 10, 12 8:35 PM
Many excellent puzzles and good graphics of the landscapes and rooms except for the rather cartoony characters.

But one of the best features was the map to show exactly where one needs to go next.

One of the funniest moments (maybe unintentional) was at the end when the giant mother spider keeps yelling "My cheell-drennn! You've killed my cheell-drenn!" in that hilarious voice!

Overall, a very good game, similar in many ways to the other "Mystery Legends", but one of the best.

juhuwoorps
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by juhuwoorps on Jan 12, 12 8:07 PM
First off..I enjoyed this game immensely..I was sad when it ended..

Graphics/HOG--4/5 ****

I found the graphics to be well done..engrossing..The scenes were visually stimulating..
The HOG scenes were well done..They went with the ambiance of the game..In other words..you weren't looking for eggplants, artichokes..and the like..Unless it was in a root celler..and all the objects..were of the same ilk.
A few of them were difficult to find..But I always leave a hint for the last object either way...
I especially liked the Beauty's voice over..at the beginning of each HOG scene..I think I'll look in here...Or..It doesn't hurt to take a closer look--if it's a scene you have completed prior.
They're weren't too many HOG's...Near the end of the game..You come across more..and they are a bit..back to back....I enjoyed finding the 20 roses scenes.

Voice/Sound/Ambiance 5/5 *****
The voice overs were excellent..and is a must for me in games. They realllly added to the ambiance of the game..especially his and hers--Beauty and the Beast.
The Pinocchio..was just awesome..The little fairy..Loved her laugh..
Music was perfect..

Puzzles--4/5*****

The puzzles were relatively easy..But I did enjoy them..I don't care if they are easy..Just throw alot of them at me..And I'm a happy camper..
There is a question mark you can click..for guidance..So for those of you, who like to guess at how to complete them..You don't have to click it..
However, they are no-brainers..
For instance; There was a quiet a few of the swap puzzles..[Where you click one picture to switch with another, to complete a picture..or puzzle..ect]

The spider game/puzzle..was incredibly well done..and I loved it..

There is a map in the game..to let you know if there are any other objectives.

Every now and again..If you are walking around..She will say..There's nothing left to do here..I should explore elsewhere-- where you can look at journal/map..

There was a widescreen option-which I found to be excellent..!~

*Some games..I enjoy playing them..even if the puzzles are on the easy side..simply for the Classic nature.*

I doubt any other gaming company could top a remake of this..for it was that well done...and a lot of work put into it~..

OverAll 4.5/5
Enjoy!~

Edited on 01/12/2012 at 8:28:27 PM PST

[Post New]by blooby_fish on Jan 18, 12 6:56 PM
Beautiful graphics!
The gameplay is okay too~ even though its not so challenging
But I dont really like the storyline tho
Its quite predictable and have no impact... :/
But if you dont really mind the story, this is a good game to play!

[Post New]by duckgirl722 on Jan 26, 12 10:12 AM
Wow everything is so beautiful! The characters, the environment, the voice acting (I wish all games had voices for everything the characters say). One of the most beautiful games ever, really nice to look at and not dirty or scary like the other games nowadays.

[Post New]by morel5555 on Feb 20, 12 9:11 AM
this was the absolute worst hidden object game i ever played. no good walkthrough and the puzzles between HO scenes were frustrating with no keys to the solutions.

Ongoldenpond
Guppy
Guppy
151 Posts

[Post New]by Ongoldenpond on Mar 1, 12 2:32 PM
This is a wonderful, enchanting, challenging and extremely well done game. I passed on it when it first came out - thinking it would be pretty much a rehash of the cartoon but it wasn't at all. New storyline - the Witch has returned with revenge in her heart and has turned the Prince to stone. You must now find the Soul Shards to free him from this curse. Beautiful graphics, innovative puzzles and difficult hidden object scenes.(Plenty of hints and skips, if you must). A most enjoyable game!

mar39
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by mar39 on Apr 6, 12 8:53 PM
I had ignored this game for a long time as I'm not into fairy tale, cutesy type stuff, but I actually enjoyed it very much! Not too hard, not too easy, and what could be cuter than some of the characters?? I want Mr. Beak to come live with me. On the other hand, I didn't see the credits but it has to have been drawn by men. Even Alice (in Wonderland) and the leprechaun were 36-C's. Good Grief!!

candycreme
Clownfish
Clownfish
548 Posts

[Post New]by candycreme on May 20, 12 4:15 PM
Bought the game and really loved it! the graphics ,the story everything Sorry to see it end .Beautiful! I rate it 10

Jerry99
Guppy
Guppy
105 Posts

[Post New]by Jerry99 on May 24, 12 4:28 PM
The game was excellent, one of the best I have played. I did need the walkthrough since the game occurs in so many locations. The graphics were great, clear and interesting. The HOGs were done well with the objects well hidden.
I would recommend this game to anyone.

[Post New]by WickedlyBookish on Jun 5, 12 11:31 PM
I just finished playing the SE of this game and had a blast!

Beauty and the Beast is my absolute favorite fairytale so it goes without saying that as soon a fellow fishy here on the forums recommended this game to me, I had to try it out! I think I played all of about five minutes of the demo before I exited out and clicked buy. The gorgeous visuals and music let me know right away that this was a game I was going to love.

Mystery Legends puts a new twist on the Beauty and the Beast fable by making the enchantress a villain rather than a benevolent figure trying to teach him a lesson on vanity and arrogance. This was an interesting twist and helped carry the story along. I loved the inclusion of all the mechanical helpers and talking animal companions. Very cute and unique.

The only real complaint I have is that the puzzles and progression was not very challenging, even on the hardest difficulty. Regardless, the game is still fun, beautiful, and engaging.

A must have for fairytale fans!

lisablue4369
Flounder
Flounder
2,105 Posts

[Post New]by lisablue4369 on Jun 25, 12 7:59 AM
this is a very fun game to play,it has lots of colorful scenes.----doug & lisa

boobailey
Guppy
Guppy
187 Posts

[Post New]by boobailey on Sep 15, 12 2:28 PM
This is a good game. The graphic's are beautiful and the story was good. Lot's and lot's of HOS. The puzzles were fun. get it.

[Post New]by RowanGolightly on Oct 8, 12 3:28 PM
Loved the demo. Ya know, I could have sworn I'd bought and played this a couple of years ago; the exact same game. Lovely graphics, nifty story (although I find the snarky witch to be too modern, predictable and eye-roll-worthy.)

Am I nuts? I read in reviews about CE and SE - what am I missing here by not knowing the jargon. Is this the same game being released in a different format. I looked for it in my purchase history and couldn't find it. So please, I'd appreciate knowing what's going on. I really don't want to buy the same game over again. I've certainly spent enough money on games over the last several years.

[Post New]by dl45nicholes on Oct 11, 12 9:22 PM
I really enjoyed this game. It keeps you going and boredom isn't an option. I found the walk through forums very helpful. Look forward to more like this.
dl45nicholes.

Go to: