rugrats299
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

Re:Post any Strange Cases: The Secrets of Grey Mist Lake Collector's Edition technical issues here

[Post New]by rugrats299 on Oct 30, 11 5:25 PM
Hi Roxiestar74 exact same problems you are having I am having CS told me its my video card not the game I said maybe you should read the forums and then tell me if its my computer because alot of people are having the same problems and I guess its our computers that are not working properly Can't be the game No It has to be us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so tired of CS saying its on my end I could see if I was the only one but Check the forums BF I am not the only one!!!!!!!

mar39
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

Re:Post any Strange Cases: The Secrets of Grey Mist Lake Collector's Edition technical issues here

[Post New]by mar39 on Oct 30, 11 8:27 PM
Tired of rebooting. Started over once with new player name. Interested in the game, but these black screens that are frozen are ridiculous. They need to fix it.

roxiestar74
Minnow
Minnow
290 Posts

Re:Post any Strange Cases: The Secrets of Grey Mist Lake Collector's Edition technical issues he

[Post New]by roxiestar74 on Oct 31, 11 2:39 PM
rugrats299 wrote:Hi Roxiestar74 exact same problems you are having I am having CS told me its my video card not the game I said maybe you should read the forums and then tell me if its my computer because alot of people are having the same problems and I guess its our computers that are not working properly Can't be the game No It has to be us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so tired of CS saying its on my end I could see if I was the only one but Check the forums BF I am not the only one!!!!!!!

Hi Rugrats,

Thanks for your reply! I am on hold right now to talk to CS on live chat and will tell them what you just told me. I don't know if it will make a difference but I will try. I am glad to know that I am not the only person who has had these problems. It doesn't make it any less frustrating though, and I can understand where you are coming from.

Take Care,
Roxie

ETA: Talked to CS. They are refunding the game for me and making note of the problems I have told them about and will consider if there needs to be a fix for them. They did acknowledge that other people are having the same problems as me. Hopefully this will lead to there being a fix.

Edited on 10/31/2011 at 3:32:27 PM PST

jlbaughn1
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by jlbaughn1 on Nov 2, 11 1:01 PM
I too am having the identical technical issues with this game. I just did all the diagnostic for The Dark Hills of Cherai (Dr. Felix and DX Diag). My computer has all the current drivers, card, etc. and this game is still freezing and showing a black screen every time I try to move to another location. I deleted and downloaded this game five times and I give up. Why can't they fix the problems and redo coding from the developers?? Why do we have to carry the burden of purchasing these games and then go through all the diagnostics to find out it is'nt our computers?? I have to say BFG has the best Support of any other website bar none, but please let's figure this out!!!!

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

Re:Post any Strange Cases: The Secrets of Grey Mist Lake Collector's Edition technical issues he

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Nov 2, 11 2:33 PM
jlbaughn1 wrote:I too am having the identical technical issues with this game. I just did all the diagnostic for The Dark Hills of Cherai (Dr. Felix and DX Diag). [snip] Why can't they fix the problems and redo coding from the developers?? Why do we have to carry the burden of purchasing these games and then go through all the diagnostics to find out it is'nt our computers?? I have to say BFG has the best Support of any other website bar none, but please let's figure this out!!!!

Hi jlbaughn1,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having troubles with this game, but hopefully I can clarify why we ask you to send a Dr. Felix report whenever you contact our Tech Support team.

First, our reps can look at these diagnostic results to see if there are any updates available for your system. Even if installing these updates doesn't solve the issue you're currently experiencing, it will most certainly help to prevent future issues from occurring.

Also, if we do discover that other players are experiencing the exact same issue as you, and it isn't something that a few updates can fix, our techies will analyze all of the Dr. Felix reports that we receive. If they can determine that there are certain similarities in the types of systems being affected, this information will be passed on to the developers as they work on programming a fix.

I hope this helps to clarify, and if we hear any news about an update for this game, we'll be sure to let you all know!

-bfgHondo

Edited on 11/02/2011 at 2:33:59 PM PST

nikma
Guppy
Guppy
135 Posts

[Post New]by nikma on Nov 5, 11 5:47 AM
lentissimo nei cambi e lo schermo è nero...non si può giocare.è già il secondo gioco ce che acquisto e con cui non riesco a giocare ...**** fatto tutto quello cheera necessario per la funzionalità di gioco,compreso il cambio di browser....vi prego datemi una mano grazie

GraciesDD
Minnow
Minnow
293 Posts

[Post New]by GraciesDD on Nov 6, 11 5:53 PM
Lab_Lover wrote:
saphhire wrote: Is anyone else having a problem with lagging?

I probably have 100+ games - this is the first one I've had a problem with the cursor lagging. I unchecked custom cursor and it was fine - then I rechecked it and worked fine for some of the scenes, then started lagging again. I like the game, just not sure I can put up with the lagging.

I had the same problem. My curser was moving very slowly.............I finished the game but it was annoying!

JKPHEP
Guppy
Guppy
164 Posts

[Post New]by JKPHEP on Nov 8, 11 4:35 PM
I had 7 min. to play in the free time. It froze 3 min. un till the end. Tell me do you think I should buy it? Ha not on your life. There they missed a sale, because I liked the game. I got lucky this time. I think I will play the whole hour from now on. I think it will save me some head aches. JKPHEP

giam1
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by giam1 on Nov 13, 11 9:46 PM
when i stop playing the game and go back to it at another time,I KEEP GETTING YOUR LAST PROFILE HAD A CORRUPT FILE ....and have to start the game all over again, 5 times now ,unloades and reloaded a guzzillion times, big fish NEVER GOT BACK TO ME ON THIS ISSUE.GRRRRRRRRRR

giam1
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by giam1 on Nov 13, 11 9:47 PM
when i stop playing the game and go back to it at another time,I KEEP GETTING YOUR LAST PROFILE HAD A CORRUPT FILE ....and have to start the game all over again, 5 times now ,unloades and reloaded a guzzillion times, big fish NEVER GOT BACK TO ME ON THIS ISSUE.GRRRRRRRRRR

[Post New]by strawhat123 on Nov 16, 11 6:40 AM
Not sure if this is a technical issue, but I cannot put the rune stones down on the board. I have all three of them, I have checked the strategy guide and a video walkthrough on youtube and it should be a simple case of putting the stones on the glowing circles, but nothing is happening. I have signed out, resigned in under a new name, uninstalled and reinstalled and still nothing.
I also cannot put the first button on the till, but I am not sure if I need to wait until I have both buttons to do that.

[Post New]by nottohappy on Dec 30, 11 5:35 AM
Having problem like everyone please fix or credit my account.

crypsynight
Minnow
Minnow
236 Posts

[Post New]by crypsynight on Jan 3, 12 3:10 PM
Has the issue with the black screen been fixed / going to get fixed, or should I contact CS and request a refund?

Shame, cos I ws enjoying this game, but think I have waited long enough now...

Robwood
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

[Post New]by Robwood on Jan 5, 12 6:45 PM
I have two issues.

1. The snake door puzzle doesn't work. Aggravatingly turning to the strategy guide for the solution, I performed said solution and nothing happened. Correct sequence or not, the snake's eyes turn orange on every directional tug. The guide claims that the lock resets itself when an incorrect sequence is performed, but that doesn't happen. I've backed out of the puzzle and tried it again. Nothing. I've exited out of the game and went back in. Nada. I've reset my computer and went back into the game. No!

2. When I exit out of the game, it does something weird to my computer. Two sides of the screen go black (as in, the wallpaper in those areas just disappears). Killing and running explorer.exe fixes that, but with the black sides comes an error message:

Error: Access violation at 0x0048ABC9 (tried to read from 0x0000000C), program terminated.

Clicking on OK has Windows Vista asking me if I want to either wait for the program to respond or terminate it. I choose to terminate and that's when the black bars appear.

For problem 1, I don't want to skip it unless I have to. My ego would be bruised, but also I'm playing it on Expert, so the skip button takes too long to load.

wilko62
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by wilko62 on Feb 29, 12 3:13 AM
first cinderstone orphanage now this one aswell whats going on have played all way through got to extras now the screen keeps breaking up have tried reloading still no joy another 10 pound wasted any ideas thanks diane

oscar66
Herring
Herring
307 Posts

[Post New]by oscar66 on Mar 26, 12 8:24 PM
I really wanted to finish this one up but kept getting the frozen black screens. I just couldn't be bothered with rebooting the game constantly

minesita
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,975 Posts

Re:Post any Strange Cases: The Secrets of Grey Mist Lake Collector's Edition technical issues her

[Post New]by minesita on Aug 5, 12 12:03 PM
strawhat123 wrote:Not sure if this is a technical issue, but I cannot put the rune stones down on the board. I have all three of them, I have checked the strategy guide and a video walkthrough on youtube and it should be a simple case of putting the stones on the glowing circles, but nothing is happening. I have signed out, resigned in under a new name, uninstalled and reinstalled and still nothing.
I also cannot put the first button on the till, but I am not sure if I need to wait until I have both buttons to do that.

minesita
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,975 Posts

[Post New]by minesita on Aug 5, 12 12:07 PM
Hi strawhat123, I'm having the same problem as you had. Could you resolved?
I'm not going to buy this game, is I can't pass the board with the 3 runes. Please, some help will be appreciated!!!

[Post New]by vegaskitkat on Aug 5, 12 5:46 PM
I am having the same problem of putting the runes on the table. If you click on the card, it says you need a key before you can play. But the guide and the walkthrough just say put the runes on the table. This was up for sale today under their August sale days and I wanted to get it because it was only 6.99 but there is no way I am going to buy it when I can't get past this table.

Go to: