angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

Re:Post any Heroes of Hellas 3: Athens technical issues here only

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Oct 26, 11 2:54 PM
Out of curiosity, I just downloaded Family Vacation to see how long it took; about 10 mins, which is slow for me but may be due to heavy mobile bb use where I live in the evenings. Heroes of Hellas 3 stopped at 41 %; I actually watched my usage counter and speed was fast until that point, then it slowed to a virtual standstill and finally just stalled.

Based on this, I'd have to conclude that it's definitely the game that has issues and not the Game Manager. Already tried it twice now and can't be bothered to try again, not tonight anyway!

cstdenis
Salmon
Salmon
2,948 Posts

[Post New]by cstdenis on Oct 26, 11 3:01 PM
FINALLY got it downloaded and installed (7 hours later), and NOW it won't play! Just get a black screen with the loading icon, and it never loads. I've sent a request to tech support, but I am so bummed by this. I have been waiting for this game for months, and when it finally comes out - it doesn't work!
All my drivers are up to date, I've tried running it in compatibility mode. It just locks up when loading and I can't get past it.

Soooooooooo Frustrated with this!

EDIT: Got it to work. I realized I had done a Win7 update recently and hadn't rebooted my computer. Once I restarted, it works perfectly now.

Yipee! Bought it and am loving it!

Edited on 10/26/2011 at 7:29:17 PM PST

RU14ME2C
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by RU14ME2C on Oct 26, 11 3:48 PM

Also having troubles downloading this game. Have deleted and re-tried 3 times already, and it always locks up at 56% download complete. Not sure what the problem is, but it couldn't be an anti-virus or firewall problem. Could it possibly be a Windows 7 problem??? Are users having no trouble downloading this game using Windows XP or Vista???

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

[Post New]by Howatch on Oct 26, 11 4:28 PM
I'm running Windows XP and had the stalled download problem earlier today, but the problem has since corrected itself. I'm very sorry to hear that the problem has not been fixed for everyone.

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Oct 26, 11 4:30 PM
Hi fishies,

We are aware that some of you have been experiencing troubles downloading Heroes of Hellas 3: Athens, and are hoping that you can help us as we continue to investigate this issue.

How can you help? First, please try to install this game again. If you're still having troubles, please run a Dr. Felix report and then send that over to our Tech Support team. This will help our team as we try to analyze which factors might be contributing to the slow/stalled downloads.

If we receive any updates on this issue, we'll be sure to let you know.

Thanks!

-bfgHondo

Novalin
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by Novalin on Oct 26, 11 5:38 PM
RU14ME2C wrote:
Also having troubles downloading this game. Have deleted and re-tried 3 times already, and it always locks up at 56% download complete. Not sure what the problem is, but it couldn't be an anti-virus or firewall problem. Could it possibly be a Windows 7 problem??? Are users having no trouble downloading this game using Windows XP or Vista???

I had no problem with the download and I'm using Windows 7

mamamaggie
Marlin
Marlin
9,501 Posts

[Post New]by mamamaggie on Oct 26, 11 6:18 PM
Well, I don't know what has changed, but on the 4th try, just now, it downloaded perfectly in about 3 minutes, which is about normal. I guess it is after all.

fireeyes5
Minnow
Minnow
205 Posts

[Post New]by fireeyes5 on Oct 26, 11 6:55 PM
Different problem...downloaded fine and I bought it because the demo worked great again....however; half way through the game when a certain area on the game screen explodes from the power ups....freezes and I have had to restart my computer 3 times. Guess I am going to ask for my credit back on another game. It does not help to re install either. Sent a Felix report on another game the other day and really tired of dealing with this.

Terrenis
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by Terrenis on Oct 26, 11 9:25 PM
Finally managed to download and intall the demo at 5 am German Time.

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on Oct 26, 11 9:25 PM

I bought it have been enjoying it after the marathon download issue resolved itself but then during the drought emergency I ended my session and the sound of howling wind stayed on my computer even after I exited out of the game with control-alt-delete.

The game sound stayed on until I finally used Norton to delete temporary files - long after the game and game manager quit.

OOOOOooooooooooo!

[Post New]by allengwendolyn on Oct 26, 11 10:35 PM
my game works now u have to buy game and then download it from your account

gma5
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by gma5 on Oct 27, 11 12:26 AM
It stuck at 4o/o for me, now Friday's game (Ressurection...CE is stopping d/l at 3o/o! Aggravation Big Fish. I still haven't heard back from tech support on 2 different games I emailed them about, one of which has been from 1 1/2 wks ago, the other, 8 days ago! HELP US BIG FISH!!!!

naedebpat
Guppy
Guppy
108 Posts

[Post New]by naedebpat on Oct 27, 11 6:56 AM
I went offline, then right back on and restarted the download it started right away. Give it a try

Edited on 10/27/2011 at 6:58:10 AM PST

sassysan
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by sassysan on Oct 27, 11 8:24 AM
well, I gave the d/l a day of rest and ran the d/l today and it went through without a problem....now hopefully I will try and play the game without problems......wonder what happened to cause all these problems. but love BF games

[Post New]by Shazza913 on Oct 27, 11 9:36 AM
The game loaded without a problem. However, was very slow during play. Very frustrating grrrrr!

[Post New]by kacymom on Oct 27, 11 1:52 PM
I missed the instructions for the transporters, can someone tell me what they are and how they work.

rink_chick
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by rink_chick on Oct 27, 11 3:02 PM
fireeyes5 wrote:Different problem...downloaded fine and I bought it because the demo worked great again....however; half way through the game when a certain area on the game screen explodes from the power ups...

I have this as well except it kicks me out of the game and comes up with a violation error.

[Post New]by midnightmoose on Oct 28, 11 12:18 AM
Not a download problem. ( although I also had that, too.)

On level 3-15 Whenever I matched the blue wings, my computer froze and I got an acess violation. Tried 3 times with same result. Had to ctrl-alt-del to get out.

Edited on 10/28/2011 at 12:19:35 AM PST

[Post New]by glferris on Oct 28, 11 6:53 AM
midnightmoose wrote:Not a download problem. ( although I also had that, too.)

On level 3-15 Whenever I matched the blue wings, my computer froze and I got an acess violation. Tried 3 times with same result. Had to ctrl-alt-del to get out.

Same problem here and the same blue wings. I have managed to get Task Manager up to get out of this game so far but this is totally aggrevating!!

Can we please get this game fixed??

pkbeehler
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by pkbeehler on Oct 28, 11 7:41 AM
i am having the exact same problem as midnight moose and in exactly the same place. please help...i like this game.

Go to: