Micha1234
Clownfish
Clownfish
910 Posts

Re:Post any Resurrection, New Mexico Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by Micha1234 on Oct 27, 11 4:29 AM
This seems to have something to do with the game being the TGT as other people have mentioned. I couldn't download "Heroes of Hellas 3" yesterday to save my life....today it went without a hitch.
The CE today has the same issues with getting repeatedly stuck, slowing to a crawl...with the size of this file it might be done next year...????? Pausing and resuming the download doesn't help either. First try got me to 17 %, second one to 21 % and then nothing......

Re:Post any Resurrection, New Mexico Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by Pebblipoo on Oct 27, 11 4:31 AM
Made it to 16% and, after 45 minutes, finally just gave up!

Roos53
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by Roos53 on Oct 27, 11 4:43 AM
Well im debating on giving up now as its been 4hrs and 40 mins since the start of DL and now its only DL 37% what a load of rubbish,
im in two minds now to stop the DL and cancel my subscription with BFG as they are not listening to us the peeps that pay there wages, and im fed up of being told to DL dr Felix like its our pc when we all no for a fact that its a problem at there end,
iv been a member for something over 6yrs and now gonna be looking for a better game site that doesnt fob us off with the same old thing time after time, its gone on too long now BFG.

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Oct 27, 11 4:44 AM
I have the same problem with the download today. It stucks at 24 % since 30 minutes or more. Very curious. While try it later this day again.

Edit: I was able to download it now.

Edited on 10/27/2011 at 7:36:22 AM PST

MrsSkippy
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,388 Posts

[Post New]by MrsSkippy on Oct 27, 11 4:52 AM
Veeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrry slow download. Now at 60 %, started the d/l at 5:50 am, it's an hour later and still not finished

Rainbow722
Flounder
Flounder
2,404 Posts

[Post New]by Rainbow722 on Oct 27, 11 4:54 AM
I'm also having d/l problems. I am using the rollback version of the GM, win xp sp3, and I have newly installed super high speed internet (40 mbps). I'm stuck at 54%.

elldee2728
Shark
Shark
14,378 Posts

[Post New]by elldee2728 on Oct 27, 11 4:56 AM
I whole-heartedly agree with Tayers, and with the multitude of other posters--it's beyond time to point the finger at us users. I'm frankly weary of the "send CS a message and a Dr. Felix report" response from any of the (well-meaning and patient) Moderators. Shouldn't the "Tech Team" have been on top of this early on (of course, with "guidance" from the "suits" in the Boardroom)?

I must admit, I've seldom had D/L problems, so I guess I can say "Bless your heart, . But this one takes the ! Been trying for 4+hours--got to 24% once--then "Download Timed Out" about 5 times. I've got unlimited, high-speed Internet service--a file this size usually would take about 10 minutes. When the "Tech Issues" thread far outdistances the "Reviews" and "Comments" threads, it's not a Dr. report problem any longer.

Regards, elldee

(ETA--When about half of the meager 22 "Reviews" (many of which aren't really "Reviews"), most of the Comments, and a whopping 70 (as of now) tech-issue posts all have the same concerns, it befuddles me that bfgRhone can say that "some Fishies" are having problems! Just about all of the Fishies that wish to post are having problems!)

Edited on 10/27/2011 at 5:29:28 AM PST

glb613
Guppy
Guppy
176 Posts

[Post New]by glb613 on Oct 27, 11 4:59 AM
I can't get it to download either.

[Post New]by elvenstardragon on Oct 27, 11 5:10 AM
greyratt wrote:SO disappointed with this. I don't even have to go into any of it, as everyone else has already so eloquently addressed my same problems. But really BFG, shame on you. I've been a member for going on 2yrs now, and that's all I can muster at this point. Shame. On. You.

I agree with everyone else. You ask us to send a Dr.Felix report but nothing happens. I and 8 pages of fishes, had problems with 'Sandra Flemming Chronicles; Crystal Skulls' months ago but no solution even now..
Early this year for about a month I had problems with slow downloads and then you changed the Game Manager (just as I was about to ditch Big Fish) and everything went back to normal. Now I seem to be back there again. First attempt this morning got to 17% after 1 1/2 hours, next attempt 18% after same time.
i am soooo fedup!!!

bettums
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by bettums on Oct 27, 11 5:11 AM
After and hour and a half I am stuck at 21%. I don't know what the problem is but I guess I will wait and see if there is a "fix" to this problem. While I sympathize with BFG I will not send another Dr. Felix report. It is NOT my computer or internet connection.

MrsSkippy
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,388 Posts

[Post New]by MrsSkippy on Oct 27, 11 5:16 AM
If it's taking this long to D/L the "trial" version, I wonder how long it would take to install the "full" version.

Normaly I don't complain about stuff like this, but this is beyond normal. I've been having trouble lately with the downloads, like others, and I'm not happy about it either. Ready to give up

ETA: Still stuck at 60% after an hour and a half

Edited on 10/27/2011 at 5:17:29 AM PST

dk5793
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,792 Posts

[Post New]by dk5793 on Oct 27, 11 5:18 AM
36% after 2-1/2 hours. Big whoop.

suze14
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by suze14 on Oct 27, 11 5:18 AM
5 hrs and 18 min i got to 62% and have eventually given up....like everyone else it is not my connection or pc.....bad performance big fish

sunidayz
Minnow
Minnow
253 Posts

[Post New]by sunidayz on Oct 27, 11 5:24 AM
I've been downloading this game for over four hours now and it's still at only 79%! I left it and went of to check my Facebook and the news and came back. Left to do breakfast , fed the dogs, laundry, etc. Still downloading...... What's going on ? Two days in a row now and I have a brand new pc , just got it two weeks ago.

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Oct 27, 11 5:27 AM
Tryed for the six times to DL. But nothing!

BF do something!!! I have payed for this game.

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

[Post New]by cbtx on Oct 27, 11 5:28 AM
bfgRhone wrote:Hi everyone,

The reason we ask users experiencing this problem to write in (preferably with a Dr. Felix report) is to enable the support team to start an investigation and track the number of users currently affected, together with their system information. This will allow the Customer Support department to tailor a solution for those affected.

bfgRhone

Sorry guys----it is no longer up to US, it is up to you.

The solution is ADMITTING where the problem is(GM) and simply addressing it head on. An appropriate saying for this situation was coined many years ago---it says "DROP THE GAP, SPIT THE BIT, AND GO AT 'ER FULL BLOW" and that's what BFG needs to do.

(Anyone remember Tennessee Ernie Ford?)

LostForever
Minnow
Minnow
262 Posts

[Post New]by LostForever on Oct 27, 11 5:29 AM
same thing again today. so i uninstalled/ game manager - still will not load, never had this problem before.

pemerald46
Guppy
Guppy
100 Posts

[Post New]by pemerald46 on Oct 27, 11 5:30 AM
I am having thesame problems, I have tryed 2 times and ready to give up. This is the second game that will not download

[Post New]by spiritdog51 on Oct 27, 11 5:32 AM
It is not everyone, it d/l just fine for me, but the game killed itself 10 minutes into it.

I guess the Dr. Felix is asked because they want to see the why's. Compare them and come up with a fix.

This has been going on with quite a few games lately, Drawn 3 had many.

I have the old game manager, and no problem with d/l, but still trouble like this game of error-ing.

lindaa1
Guppy
Guppy
142 Posts

[Post New]by lindaa1 on Oct 27, 11 5:38 AM
In the last few of days it has taken me hours for to download the TGT.

Before that it only took a couple of minutes.

Does TGT stand for Today's Game Tomorrow now?

Go to: