mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

Re:Reviews for Resurrection, New Mexico Collector's Edition

[Post New]by mhatfie on Oct 27, 11 3:18 PM
Valdy wrote:I finally got the game to download in a few minutes time.

And it was worth the wait. I really like this game. It has lots of animation in it, and just in the demo, I already got a bit of a scare once or twice. LOL

SPOILER ALERT

The game starts with: a car crash, granted. BUT... this was not what I have expected to happen. I didn`t even think it would happen, and it came quite sudden. Rather well done, I thought.

There is no voice-over, more is the pity, but there is a choice of custom and system cursor.

Kudos to the developers for allowing us to see the whole SG (strategy guide), including the bonus game.

I have a little trouble with some of the objects in the HOS (hidden object scenes). Although the graphics are all right, they are (for me at least) not good enough to show the objects clearly.

I like the story and I like the gameplay, and will buy this game. Whether I will buy the CE, I still have to think about, but I will definitely buy this game.

Nice to know you like it, I was beginning to think I was the only one who did LOL.

CasualGran
Herring
Herring
324 Posts

[Post New]by CasualGran on Oct 27, 11 3:19 PM
Now that I've finally seen most of the demo, I can say that I actually like this game. I think it's well made. OK, maybe we've seen more stories likes this, but I think it looks great, with good graphics and not too cluttered or dark H0 scenes.

I think it's rather spooky too. By moments It really made me jump up in my chair.
I wouldn't really recommend this game to people afraid of rats though because boy! you surely can't overlook them!

Music is enjoyable in my ears and fitting the atmospere. I didn't feel the urge to mute it, and in my case that's quite exceptional.

The ST is reachable via the Menu, but I don't expect having to use this much myself, should I decide to buy this game, CE or SE. The game's not difficult, in fact, with those not avoidable sparkles I guess it's rather easy to many of fishies.

But worth to play, IMO and certainly worth to try and see for yourself.

I give it 3,5 out of 5. Would have given 4, if we'lld have the choice to play with or without sparkles and other handholding.

Enjoy!

Edited on 10/27/2011 at 3:22:05 PM PST

Rbnhall6
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by Rbnhall6 on Oct 27, 11 3:33 PM
Belamba and others with the same dl problem. I contacted BF and told them that I had heard that I could dl the old GM. They responded with a link, and I've not had any problems. I don't know if this will help you, but it did for me. I'm sorry that I don't still have the link, but I'm sure you won't have any trouble getting it.Happy gaming

Krissy41
Lobster
Lobster
88 Posts

[Post New]by Krissy41 on Oct 27, 11 3:40 PM
REALLY BF? This is one of the worst games I've downloaded and played.....It's not worth the CE, SE or DD price IMO! I waited 4 1/2 hours for this to download and thought it's got to be good after waiting this long but OMG it was not. Not sure what all the flashing of animals (spiders, rats etc.) was all about as it didn't even fit in to the story line. I sure hope tomorrow is a better game!

Rachieroos
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,039 Posts

[Post New]by Rachieroos on Oct 27, 11 3:58 PM
Well, I re-downloaded this evening (about 8pm UK time) and it DL'd in about 2 minutes, so goodness knows what was going on earlier when it kept getting jammed at 5%!

I played for 30 mins and will prob finish the demo tomorrow but for now - I LIKE

Good H0 scenes, spooky snaky and insecty vibe but that's OK, nice interaction. Only down side, haven't come across any puzzles yet and it's all a little too familiar... can't think which game it reminds me of yet but will later I am sure.

At the moment, I am leaning towards leaving until SE time.

kdubs
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,480 Posts

[Post New]by kdubs on Oct 27, 11 4:25 PM
Well, I may be in the minority here, but I like the game quite a bit!

I had no d/l problems. I took advantage of the "Rollback" version of Game Manager when they first offered it. As Rbnhall6 just mentioned above, you can get it too by contacting Customer Service. For me, getting the Rollback GM solved the slow d/l problems I had been experiencing with the new GM.

Now back to Resurrection, New Mexico. I really miss voices. I also wish there were 2 modes, Easy and Advanced, cuz every hot spot or H0S sparkles. Still, I really like the graphics and color palette which is not the usual dreary gray. Although it did feature an early and seeming obligatory car crash, it was handled differently than any other crash I've seen in an IHOG.

As mentioned above, there's a major Rat early on. Eek! I'm usually not so easily surprised, but they got me there. There are other creepy crawlies and I've come across some snakes too.

The entire Strategy Guide (including the Bonus play) is available in the demo. Although I deliberately avoided reading the Guide or looking at screen shots, the page count does IMO make it look a bit on the short side -- I hope I'm wrong on that point.

I'm sure it's a Buy. Just not sure if will be the CE or if I'll wait for the SE.

schobey
Guppy
Guppy
158 Posts

[Post New]by schobey on Oct 27, 11 5:08 PM
I concur with mhatfie, and casual gran. Liked it also not bad at all, better then I thought it would be considering all the bashing of the game. I must admit I waited to download the game till this afternoon. Had no prob with dl or playing. Did make me jump when stuff comes at ya, but I liked it ( gives me a jump start). I need that once in awhile. Anyway thanks . Happy Halloween to one and all.

Cat4636
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by Cat4636 on Oct 27, 11 6:03 PM
No trouble downloading. Started playing. Same old same old. Caught in some creepy place. Gotta find a way out and avoid the bad guys. Pick up random stuff to use later. Run into way too many junkpile **** scenes. When do they quit doing that?
At least make the objects relevent to the setting - if the **** is in a garage, ALL of the iitems should be stuff you might find in a garage, or maybe something that might get dropped in a garage, like a lighter.

I think they put in the **** scenes to slow down the game and make it last longer. No thanks.

Ten minutes and I'm deleting.

sunnyglow
Clownfish
Clownfish
804 Posts

[Post New]by sunnyglow on Oct 27, 11 6:16 PM
A real stinkeroo from BF. Wow! I cannot believe they would offer this game as a CE. Well, for me it is a NO BUY and I will not buy even as a SE. Terrible game. Geesh. Can't get worse than this. I had no problem loading the game. However, tooooooo many HOGS. What's with all the inventory items and boring and no voice overs. And on and on. Can't put lipstick on a pig or game or whatever. Terrible.

trish999
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by trish999 on Oct 27, 11 6:27 PM
I really like this game. The 1 hour demo went really quick. There is a lot to do in each scene. I felt like I was just getting started when demo ended.
Graphics are really clear and crisp. **** scenes are perfect.
I didn't really get too much of the story but I am sure it gets clearer as the game progresses.
Definitely will buy when it comes out as SE.

reada
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by reada on Oct 27, 11 6:30 PM
Not only is this game NOT CE quality, it isn't DD or even $2.99 quality. What's going on here, anyway? Amateur Night at the developers? Sweep the floor, throw the sweepings into cyberspace, and try to sell it? Car crash beginning: snore. Disappearing/reappearing bad guys: bigger snore. Primary school quality artwork: oh, please. BFG should pay US to play through the demo. Oh, wait - I get it! Somebody working @ BFG sneaked their kid's Science Fair project into production, right?

pgillenw
Minnow
Minnow
236 Posts

[Post New]by pgillenw on Oct 27, 11 6:47 PM
So far I am thrilled to no end with this game. Downloaded to give it a ride and within fifteen minutes into the game I purchased. I love this genre. I have already been shocked out of my wits and I loved it. I will come back after I complete the game and let all know if it held together. Looks so far I will not be disappointed.

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Oct 28, 11 12:53 AM
I finished the game and am in the midst of playing the bonus chapter and I thought this game was great fun. I thought the graphics were very good, the story also very good, the H0 scenes totally rocked - thanks devs for some challenge in the H0 scenes! I have been missing that. Really a good, solid game and is a better "CE quality" game than some of the others that have been offered as CE. If you haven't tried this one yet, at least give it a chance. I enjoyed it very much.

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Oct 28, 11 1:05 AM
reada wrote:Not only is this game NOT CE quality, it isn't DD or even $2.99 quality. What's going on here, anyway? Amateur Night at the developers? Sweep the floor, throw the sweepings into cyberspace, and try to sell it? Car crash beginning: snore. Disappearing/reappearing bad guys: bigger snore. Primary school quality artwork: oh, please. BFG should pay US to play through the demo. Oh, wait - I get it! Somebody working @ BFG sneaked their kid's Science Fair project into production, right?

Thanks for your opinion reada,
However, I for one happen to disagree with you on almost all of your points.
Car crash beginning: snore. Disappearing/reappearing bad guys: bigger snore. - Yes it has been done before, but this is only the initial premise of the game and there is a lot more to follow.
And the artwork is not primary school, though it does not have the fantasy quality of other developers that we see here and a nice change from the usual items we need to find etc.
I would hazard to ask how much time you actually played and you have not stated this. I found the game very entertaining, and whilst it might not be the most challenging offered, it seemed to me that it would equal or be longer than other CE games offered here recently.
And in so far as the coloured part of your post goes .... hm....................really??? (Though I do appreciate your irony).
Cheers

Edited on 10/28/2011 at 1:11:59 AM PST

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Oct 28, 11 1:11 AM
Cat4636 wrote:No trouble downloading. Started playing. Same old same old. Caught in some creepy place. Gotta find a way out and avoid the bad guys. Pick up random stuff to use later. Run into way too many junkpile **** scenes. When do they quit doing that?
At least make the objects relevent to the setting - if the **** is in a garage, ALL of the iitems should be stuff you might find in a garage, or maybe something that might get dropped in a garage, like a lighter.

I think they put in the **** scenes to slow down the game and make it last longer. No thanks.

Ten minutes and I'm deleting

Hm, ten minutes. I guess you walk out on the ads before movies start in the cinema.
Please don't be offended, but really, a 10 minute trial of a game does not necessarily inform one of the full experience.
Cheers

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Oct 28, 11 1:11 AM
I finished, and it is one of the longest games I have played in ages. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Yes, voice overs would have made it even better, but it held my interest and I had to keep playing even though eyes are droopy now. Only skipped one puzzle, the hogs were challenging at times, and it had a good ending. Liked the bonus game too. There are bonus puzzles also, and you are given a choice of what kind you want to play. Haven't checked that out yet, as I am done for the night, but will see what they are like tomorrow. I would have enjoyed this even more if I had been able to play it when I wanted to, as I did stay up for it, but am glad I finally got to play it.

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Oct 28, 11 1:26 AM
ethan1404 wrote:Hi everyone
Always love reading your comments and often don't even try a game until I view the forum. I did this again with today's CE and all I got was the problem with downloading this game. Not sure what country you are all in but I have never ever had a problem including this one and it downloaded in under 10 minutes.

Therefore, those who think it is a BFG problem I would beg to differ as I never have a problem and I have been dowloading for over 4 years now! Perhaps Australia has first class cabling and connection and that is why I love living here, yayyy!
Mazzz

I am in the UK but I can't speak for the other 200-odd people who posted in the technical issues section of the forum with exactly the same problem. As for it not being a BFG problem, how else would you explain the fact that so many people from different countries, with different PC setups/OS/internet providers and browsers all had the same issue?

It now appears to have been sorted out; since I made no changes to my PC setup, it would appear that it was a BFG problem. And as wonderful as you say your cabling/connections are, that would not induce me to move to Australia! Too many large creepie-crawlies

Having finally got the game to download late last night, it was ok but I think I've got jaded now with too many CE's of abandoned towns full of assorted odd residents, being in a coma, car accidents (although this one was genuinely quite frightening for a change) and tasks that seem irrelevant to the story (at least at first).

In the first of what I suspect are numerous hidden object scenes, I found three items and struggled to see the others; not a good sign when you use two hints only four minutes into a game. Otherwise I just felt it was lacking something but I can't really say what.

Perhaps it's just that a CE used to be something special but now they seem to be at the level of many standard games, with the addition of a SG and a few extras thrown in to justify the extra cost. I won't buy any more CE's unless it's something exceptional and I don't think this game qualifies.

Edited on 10/28/2011 at 5:31:23 AM PST

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Oct 28, 11 1:32 AM
Finaly I could today DL and it was fast. I like the game very much. Lot of things to do. I think there is not much puzzles. So, I am glad that I bought the game.

Happy gaming!

skr041300
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

[Post New]by skr041300 on Oct 28, 11 3:28 AM
Based on the less than stellar reviews, I was pleasantly surprised how much I enjoyed this game. I thought that the story line was interesting, there seems to be plenty of scenes and backtracking, and the use of inventory objects was not too obvious. I agree, however, with the comments regarding the sparkles. This game would have been a definite buy for me if there was an option to turn off/reduce the sparkles. Also, the HOG scenes were a little too cluttered for my liking. I don't mind not having the voice overs, but an option to turn off the sparkles is a must IMO.

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Oct 28, 11 4:00 AM
Left an angry comment in the thread about the downloading, 36 hours before I could play the demo ! Downloaded in less than five minutes this morning, so here's my review :

- Game starts with a car crash and I thought "oh, NO", but it's somewhat unexpected and different in this game.
- Graphics are good and clear.
- There are sparkles but very discreet and not annoying.
- Only one level of difficulty.
- Objects in H0 sometimes not easy to find, but no horrific junkpiles.
- Hint refills quickly (didn't check if there was a penalty for overclicking)
- You have to exit to the menu to get the SG.
- Music is tiring, no voices over.
- Mini games are the usual ones, gears, etc.
- Story a bit already seen but I want to know how it ends.
- Seems a good lenght for nowadays' CEs.

Enjoyed myself playing it, a buy for me. (jumpped once or twice with "things" jumping right into my face )

Go to: