Re:Your Reveiws for Weird Park: Broken Tun Collector's Edition

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Nov 1, 11 7:29 AM
dobbiemijnboekje wrote:The game looks good. But it did't grab me. HOS are clear, but the hintbutton is terrible. I skipped a couple of puzzles.

I don't think this game is worth a CE. Maybe I buy it as a SE. But I am not sure.

Thanks for the fishies how did a great job for the reviews!
I changed myn mind. I bought this game in the morning today. And so far I like it very much! Lot of things to do. It's a great game and a very long one.

I am glad that I bought the game!

Kudos to the dev's.

CasualGran
Herring
Herring
324 Posts

[Post New]by CasualGran on Nov 1, 11 8:00 AM
Yes, I already gave this CE 5 stars, but I simply have to pop in to say how tremendously much I love playing this game. It's surprisingly long and I.m very thrilled by the creativeness of these devs. KUDOS!!!

spoiler. highlight to read:

Personally, I really love that little elve that you discover sleeping in a tree somewhere...

Great fun, this game!

elldee2728
Shark
Shark
14,378 Posts

[Post New]by elldee2728 on Nov 1, 11 8:26 AM
Videohound wrote:One of my all-tiome favorite games is MCF Madame Fate. If this is anything like that one I'll love it. But I don't buy CEs. I won't pay double for a game that is't twice as good and long as a regular one.

Off-topic for a moment here--I thought this was a thread for "Weird (sic) Park..." reveiws (sic), not for "Madame Fate" comments, or disagreements about CE pricing. (Now, I'm not a thread "cop.") Just sayin'.

geri_mac
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by geri_mac on Nov 1, 11 4:26 PM
I thought the game was great, really enjoyable and great value, its after taklng me nearly 7 hours with a short break for coffee in between, well worth the money.

[Post New]by abbotsford on Nov 1, 11 4:39 PM
What a surprise. One of the longest games, I have ever played.

sunidayz
Minnow
Minnow
253 Posts

[Post New]by sunidayz on Nov 2, 11 1:26 AM
Good game ! The graphics were very good as well as the music which was very fitting. The gameplay was easy enough to follow. The **** scenes were simple enough. The mini games , I only came across a couple in the demo, so can't really comment. I enjoyed playing the demo . Will wait for the SE though, CE is out of my price range.

[Post New]by magpie1323 on Nov 2, 11 6:36 AM
Ok. I liked the demo and was on the fence about purchasing the CE but alas all of your reviews have worn me down. I will be purchasing it ASAP. Thanks everyone for the great reviews.

linda43416
Guppy
Guppy
143 Posts

Re:Your Reviews for Weird Park: Broken Tun Collector's Edition

[Post New]by linda43416 on Nov 2, 11 11:34 AM
I just finished the demo and was really enjoying game, but it is very easy play for me. Sometimes it is very enjoyable to play an interesting game that isn't too frustrating! that' how I see this game. Although I did hate to see it end I believe I will wait for the SE version, don't really think it is CE material. As some fishes have said, seems like alot of CE games lately. I realise everyone in business is there to make a buck, but maybe prices could be raised a little rather than having so many CE games. Everything goes up in price or retailers try to work around just raising prices by adjusting product so we don't think they are raising prices! Like the bag that used to weigh 16oz and now weighs 12, etc. Just something to think about. Good game and will definitely buy when the SE comes out.

flgrouper
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by flgrouper on Nov 2, 11 12:34 PM
mkinyon wrote:This will be a fine game for those who are beginners to the hidden object interactive genre, but I suspect most experienced players are going to find this game to be too easy and too short. If the "chapters" are all about the same length, and if the strategy guide is to be believed, then I completed about half the game in the time of the one hour demo! I do not consider myself to be a particularly fast player. In particular, I don't skip puzzles and rarely use H.O. scene hints.

The hidden object scenes are very easy, though as has already been noted, the font in the object lists is quite small. Even though it wasn't necessary, I tried the hint button a few times just to see what it would do. In fact, the only reason I tried it more than once is that it refused to work the first few times. When it finally did work, the hint sparkle was hard to see.

I opened the SG. It is just OK. If you click on a chapter title, it will take you to a page of pictures without text, the idea being that you aren't spoiled too much as many SGs do. That's not a bad idea, although to be frank, it seems like a bit of a kludge in an era of smart guides that know exactly where you are in the game. Also, the SG doesn't remember where you were.

Because of the length issue, this is a no buy for me, even as a DD, but to those who apparently were chomping at the bit waiting for it, I wish you happy gaming.

flgrouper
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by flgrouper on Nov 2, 11 12:37 PM
I loved the graphics, the amusement park theme, but like it was said the ****'s are to easy. Good game all-in-all though. Haven't made up my mind yet if I'll buy it.

pgillenw
Minnow
Minnow
236 Posts

[Post New]by pgillenw on Nov 2, 11 1:51 PM
I enjoyed the game from chapter one through the bonus chapter. The game allowed me to hone my HOG skills. The art work was fantastic. Story was good. Loved the little fellow.

This is not a challenging game -- puzzles are doable. as well. It was OK that I sailed through the game I like that once in awhile especially when the nuance of the game entertains. The games length is reasonable. I am still waiting for the blockbuster that will take me a week to complete.

The games memory management could have been better. I had to manually set screen resolution to 1024 x 768. I forgive the developers for this but hope they do better next time.

Thanks for bringing the game to us.

dogfish12
Stingray
Stingray
4,579 Posts

[Post New]by dogfish12 on Nov 2, 11 4:04 PM
A lovely, relaxing and interesting game. HOGS are clear and those of us with old eyes appreciate that. Grand graphics. Decent length and worth the CE imo, and I have pretty much given up on the CE "glut"

[Post New]by GameStudent on Nov 2, 11 6:46 PM
This game is up there amongst the best I've played. It's got it all - good story, nice graphics, tricky bits, funny characters, excellent length. The HOG scenes were pretty easy but who cares. Great game. Well worth paying for the CE version. Yay!

eedebeep
Guppy
Guppy
181 Posts

worst CE ever! SKIP THIS ONE

[Post New]by eedebeep on Nov 3, 11 7:26 AM
Really, is [removed by moderator] hiring grade school children to write games now? Soooooooo BORING! So not creative! No suspense, chills or creepiness. Story line not worth following.

There is NO expert or advanced mode, never seen that in a CE before.
Hidden object scenes are so easy. Hmmm I need to find solvent, could it be the can in the open with SOLVENT written on it?
Lots of running back and forth between scenes without much logic.

Puzzles all been seen before, more tedious than challenging.

Really wish I'd trialed it first.

D-

Edited on 11/03/2011 at 10:32:23 AM PST

frostledge
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by frostledge on Nov 3, 11 8:59 AM
I had higher expectations for this game. Thought it would be challenging, but found it too easy as far as the hidden scenes. The music was fine, graphics clear, did NOT like the words as small as they were for these aging eyes. Seems like a fun game, but not going to buy as a CE and on the fence as an SE. Maybe as a DD. Not sure as the length and the strategy guide isn't available until you buy the game so anyone who buys it if they wouldn't mind posting on length, that would be most appreciated. The clicker penalty was a bunch of branches covering the screen. Neat, but kinda like been there, done that. Dunno. Just seems like lately, nothing's popping out at me for the games. Might have to reconsider my membership........

I know there are different levels of games at times, but this one just didn't challenge me at all. Bummer as I was so looking forward to it.

Happy gaming on fishies!

emmydog
Guppy
Guppy
175 Posts

[Post New]by emmydog on Nov 3, 11 9:13 PM
I thought this was a great game. The graphics were excellent, the story interesting, H0 scenes were clear, mini games just the right level of difficulty etc.

It was a good length too. The bonus chapter took me about an additional 1.5 hours.

All in all, I'd recommend this game.

Nice one Developers!

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Nov 4, 11 8:44 AM
Just finished and really enjoyed this game. Good graphics, lots to do, alot of fun to play and it was long. Wish we'd get more games like this one.

catzzz666
Guppy
Guppy
126 Posts

[Post New]by catzzz666 on Nov 4, 11 9:07 AM
Loved it! Wonderful graphics, great storyline. The game flowed from begginning to end. Not overly challenging but highly enjoyable. 4.5 stars

katkarman
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by katkarman on Nov 4, 11 1:04 PM
I liked the graphics and visuals in this game. I like the realization of all the scenes. I am only disappointed becuase I discovered I played majority of the game during the trial. so when I bought it last night, I lyed for less than an an hour and was at the end. No game ever last long enough for me to pass some time with lingering interest. Othere than that I am in search of another game to buy and or play.

tomb57
Guppy
Guppy
155 Posts

[Post New]by tomb57 on Nov 4, 11 4:19 PM
Well, a decent game, great graphics and sound.
Story leaves a bit to be desired. Hidden object games are good, witha few
fragmented object games thrown in.
Puzzles are decent, witha skip for the annoying ones.
Overall easy game to play, long playtime length, (which I like).
CE edition is really not needed unless you want the extras like the Bonus game,
which was the part I liked best.
Try the Demo and decide yourself.
Thanks BFG!!!

Go to: