dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

Re:Reviews for Death Under Tuscan Skies: A Dana Knightstone Novel Collector's Edition

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Nov 8, 11 2:38 PM
Well, the graphics were awesome, music okay but got a little annoying. I would like to have seen more HOGs. Games were very easy, not challenging at all. Movements were extremely slow and choppy. I don't like having to change my computer settings for a game to work properly. I do have all of the other games from this dev and had no problem with them at all. If they fix it, I would buy this one too, but not as it stands. Okay of to change my computer settings back to where they were in the first place.

SolarEclipse
Minnow
Minnow
230 Posts

Re:Reviews for Death Under Tuscan Skies: A Dana Knightstone Novel Collector's Edition

[Post New]by SolarEclipse on Nov 8, 11 3:59 PM
I only looked through the strategy guide for the main game and that part looks nice. However, I was really disappointed by the dark, gruesome, Occult-like bonus chapter. That unfortunately was a huge turnoff for me. I loved "Death at Fairing Point" and the Epilogue chapter in that game. So I am disappointed with the Epilogue chapter in this one. Visually, it just doesn't even seem like it fits with the rest of this game. All of the graphics in the main game look bright and colorful while the Epilogue chapter is the complete opposite. I was ready to buy the Collector's Edition had it not been for that and the evil dog in the bonus section. Looks nice until you click on it.

Even on the main game page, Big Fish Games has screenshots up that don't really represent the majority of the content of the game. It looks the complete opposite with the exception of the bonus section.

Sadly, I'll be waiting for the Standard Edition. Looks like a great game, though.

Kyasarin
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

[Post New]by Kyasarin on Nov 8, 11 11:13 PM
I enjoyed this game very much. I was able to puzzle out most of it myself and only resorted to the hint button once to figure out what I was supposed to do next. (In case you're interested, it was to figure out what to do with the baby birds, and can I just say that was annoyingly non-intuitive?) Most of the mini-games were fun and a good challenge. I liked the storyline, the music was unobtrusive, and the voiceovers weren't annoying, which is, as far as I'm concerned, high praise.

A few gripes: It would be nice to have a button that explained all the games. The majority of the time, I didn't need any explanation or was able to figure it out quickly, but one or two stumped me, and I had to use hints/strategy guide. That always annoys me. A couple of the games were really simple, too, which is irritating in a different way.

Other than that, though, great game. I'll be playing the bonus game tomorrow.

Cobweb55
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by Cobweb55 on Nov 9, 11 10:30 PM
I really enjoyed playing this game, despite the annoyances that other fishies experienced. It is JUST a game, and I've yet to find the PERFECT one... I just accept the few quirks, figure it out and press forward. This game gives "awards" for various things such as "not skipping any minigames", "completing the game in less than 6 hours" etc.... boy did I blow that last one.... took me 11 hours and 15 minutes, and I'm actually proud of that. I am NOT one to hit the hint button like I'm playing Jeopardy... I really like to think about what I'm doing, analyze my inventory, and figure out the next step without help. I don't race through an enjoyable game, and I found this one to be very enjoyable, (but also found Paolo (?) to be very cheesy.

For ME... 11 hours for a CE is a great deal, and I'll definitely play this one again. Loved Dana Knightstone's first game, and look forward to the next one.

I really recommend you try the FULL trial period in any game... blowing it off after 10 to 15 minutes really doesn't give the game a fair shake, and things usually get much better as you get further into the game and understand how it works.

Hope you give it a try....

care___916
Clownfish
Clownfish
988 Posts

[Post New]by care___916 on Nov 9, 11 11:30 PM
I liked the graphics and could have liked the storyline if there were not so many puzzle mini-games distracting me and in the demo I did not see one hog. I do love IHOGS so this game isnt for me.

Happy gaming for the many fishies who loved this game

pgillenw
Minnow
Minnow
236 Posts

[Post New]by pgillenw on Nov 10, 11 2:41 PM
I am purchasing this game even though I have tried it for about 10 minutes. It has my attention. I will be back if I feel I have been let down but I don't think that will happen. Great music, sound effects -- intrigue and I like that.

Terrenis
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by Terrenis on Nov 12, 11 3:45 AM
I bought this game after finishing the demo. I just love this game. It's even better than the first one. I hope there will be more games from this series.

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on Nov 12, 11 10:50 AM
A+++ all the way around for this CE. One of the few CE worth every penny. Despite some of the same mini games you see in other games it was nothing but fun...very little frustration and some of the mini games I really don't like ....(those blocks you have to push to make them all one color) it is great. I did have to use the hint button at times to figure out where I would go next and you can skip the mini games after awhile if you just don't like them or run out of patience!

Won't regret this one...nice length, great graphics and I didn't even have to turn off the music. Can't remember if it has voice over, because I usually turn that off right at the beginning. Good gaming with this one!!!!

lilTweet7
Herring
Herring
333 Posts

[Post New]by lilTweet7 on Nov 12, 11 6:29 PM
I thought the demo of this game was very good, but decided to wait for the SE.

kat_fur54
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by kat_fur54 on Nov 13, 11 12:25 PM
Bravo BoomZap! If we could vote for the Highest Quality Game of the Year, certainly, Death Under Tuscan Skies - Hands down, is the Prize Winner. This game offers high quality Every Thing! Moreover from my opinion the fact that the game Runs soooo Smoothly! + Is the only game with several mini games that hasn't crash my PC. over the last 6 months. A Joy! Graphics are fabulous, interesting and bright! So well done, the images threw me right back into my days in Tuscany. The story line holds my interest And what more could I say! This is A Buy Buy Buy and worth the CE price! You Rock BoomZap! Looking forward to the next game you publish!
Smooth Sailing!
Kat_fur

Sheila155
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by Sheila155 on Nov 13, 11 12:50 PM
Love this game! However, I will wait for the SE----next month?----to buy. I don't tend to buy the CE's as I'm never sure how good value they are.
I have the previous Dana Knightstone---Death at Fairing Point, and love it too!
This is probably the best game on Big Fish recently, so really looking forward to the SE coming out.
In the meantime, I have bought a few games this weekend to take advantage of the bonus punch.

cinfin
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by cinfin on Nov 15, 11 8:45 AM
Just finished this CE game and it was like playing a good book! Personally, eveything was great for me: time, games, hidden object scenes, music, easy acess to guide, clarity of scenes, and storyline. A friend and member of Big Fish told me about this type. I am glad that she did. I enjoyed the bonus play as well.

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Nov 15, 11 8:50 AM
Me too - beautiful to look at - felt I was on holiday - and loved it.

silverink
Minnow
Minnow
200 Posts

[Post New]by silverink on Nov 16, 11 10:00 AM
This was an excellent, high quality game. The graphics were crisp, clear and beautiful in true widescreen format (not a stretched/distorted widescreen). The game play was moderately challenging on the advanced mode, with great adventure elements, fun puzzles, and only a few hidden object scenes, which was a nice change of pace. The game was story driven, with very nicely done voice overs and good cut scenes. The CE edition had a good epilogue section, as well as achievements, which are always fun. There were beautiful wallpapers which you could set during the game, instead of afterwards, which I truly appreciate. I don't keep games on my computer after I play them, so hate it when the wallpapers are locked until after you have finished the game - I really have no use for them at that point. Overall, I was very impressed with this game, as well as the last Awakening game by these developers, Boom Zap. They really know how to put together a wonderful CE edition that seems worth the extra cost - great job!

robbinrn
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by robbinrn on Nov 17, 11 5:24 PM
The bonus chapter was really short and simple. I kinda wish I had waited for the SE.

[Post New]by feenix2011 on Nov 26, 11 5:03 PM
Finished my second Dana Knightstone Novel game and enjoyed myself. I have to admit tho, i was uncomfortable with our investigator ravaging the Abby!! What nerve!! Bagged their rooster, used their donkey, broke into the tower. I mean, that really bothered me!! And I'm not all that religous. Oh yeah, and broke down a wall. Sure It helped in the investigation, but jeez!! Oh well, other than that, I did enjoy the game play, liked the mini-games, hardly any HOG (thank goodness) and all in all, not sorry I bought this game.

feenix

ELadyG1013
Guppy
Guppy
133 Posts

[Post New]by ELadyG1013 on Jan 2, 12 1:44 PM
While I would not rate this an exceptional game, it was not bad either! The graphics and voices were good, the music....not so much...it actually was boring ! This is the second DK Novel game that I have purchased, first one was more enjoyable. I will give this one 3 out of 5 's. The hidden objects were pretty easy to find, the puzzles were fun, some of them anyway, others I just plain skipped ! I should have just settled for the SE version of this game.....but I didn't so..

psylocibin
Guppy
Guppy
130 Posts

[Post New]by psylocibin on Sep 16, 12 12:48 AM
What a great game to be able to buy at half price this weekend! I wish there were a way to alert fishies of these specials being especially great when such a great game is suddenly offered at half price.

lisablue4369
Flounder
Flounder
2,105 Posts

[Post New]by lisablue4369 on Jan 4, 13 8:44 AM
this is a nice game, with mixed puzzles and a joy to play.--------------doug & lisa

Go to: