Re:Post any Drawn™: Trail of Shadows technical issues here only

[Post New]by Sea_Hippo on Jul 5, 12 2:19 AM
Game partially crashing. Screen goes blank, except for a tiny rectangle top right. Cursor still in place, but although I can hear the sound change as I move from scene to scene, the graphics never come back, and I have to go to the task manager to close it down. It happens every time in the wood, just after the easel, when I click on the rock (with green eyes and the 1-6 puzzle). but also happens after that where I watched the wizard tear the painting as I looked for the faun.

Windows XP SP3
1.5GB ram
Athlon 64 3400
ATI 2600XT - up to date drivers from Sapphiretech

Any ideas?

[Post New]by zuzu_1 on Aug 6, 12 5:56 PM
Is there any resolution to the issue where the game freezes at the frog? I am having that problem now and cannot proceed in the game.

[Post New]by CheshireCat194 on Oct 23, 12 6:19 AM
Hello all! Unfortunately, I am also having an issue with this game. I got to the giant's cave but when I put the heart in the owl, no stairs appeared. The statue lit up, but nothing else happened. Any suggestions?

[Post New]by lyds_29 on Dec 2, 12 1:08 PM
I'm having a problem with the rotating animation wheel. I at one time had all the discs and were putting them in order when they started to disappear... now I can't find them again, and I can't continue. Is anyone else having this problem? If so, how do I fix it to finish the game? I've tried skipping the puzzle but it won't let me do that either

[Post New]by Kealamae on Dec 8, 12 10:19 AM
Love the game! But it suddenly crashes at certain points in the game and it starts me over at the beginning of the level that I'm at instead of picking up where I left off. Really frustrating when you've finally figured out a puzzle and then you have to do it over again

[Post New]by Terri_828 on Dec 16, 12 8:05 PM
I can not read the texts, yellow squares block out so much that I can't even piece together what it says. Help? Resolution settings maybe?

[Post New]by onthecheep on Dec 21, 12 7:28 PM
Queen disappeared after sanding her. Nothing in the vice. Cannot place the other wood block to carve the king. Tried restarting. Nothing.

amazonkes
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by amazonkes on Jan 23, 13 10:57 PM
WFU0208 wrote:Everything works swimmingly, until I get to the point where I need to make charcoal etchings of the carvings on the rocks, in order to carve the wooden figures. I am able to etch the one at the top of the mountain (by the old fireside) and the one by the windmills, but I cannot etch the one at the foot of the mountain (where the shield was). I can place the piece of paper and pick up the charred stick, but nothing happens when I rub the charred sticks across the paper. I've tried restarting the game, but it has still gotten stuck right at the point. I'm really enjoying the game and I want to keep going. Help!!

Wow! Fourteen months later and I see no one has found an answer to this problem. I was hoping they would, because now it is MY problem, as well! Is this just a forum for venting? Is there another place for real help?

bur2000
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by bur2000 on Mar 17, 13 1:57 PM
It seems after BFG got your money they couldn't care less. This forum is looked after by volunteers who obviously can't help with broken games. I'm stuck at the hummingbird scene and after reading about all the issues posted here I'm reluctant to restart the game because I might well be stuck at some other scene later on which will be all the more annoying.

So my choice is either to bid my $13.99 good-bye or take the risk starting over and hoping nothing will go wrong this time.

Edited on 03/17/2013 at 1:58:47 PM PST

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Mar 17, 13 3:54 PM
Hi Fishies,

I'm sorry to see there are still issues coming up with your game.

While we Mods can offer some general troubleshooting suggestions, whenever you run into a specific issue with a game, the best thing to do is get in touch with our Tech Support Team. They have the tools to see how the game is running on your particular system and can work with you directly to get everything resolved.

You can contact them by clicking here to submit a support ticket via email. If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Thank you,

bfgMonongahela

bur2000
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by bur2000 on Mar 30, 13 11:57 AM
Thanks, but I guess if it isn't fixed after months, it won't be anymore. Grim Tales - The Wish also is broken, a certain puzzle won't finish so I'd have to start over.

Real good work, BFG...

[Post New]by cannock224 on Apr 8, 13 12:53 PM
Oh dear, I was hoping to find a simple solution to my problem but it seems like the game is nothing but problems. At least I am only out $3.99.
At the base of the Lantern tree you are supposed to plant seeds and water them but when I click on the magnifying glass the screen just goes black and then returns to where it was. Anyone else having this problem and anyone know what to do? Thanks.

[Post New]by Storyweaving on Nov 5, 13 8:59 AM
ABIGAILSUE wrote:None of the above issues thank goodness. BUT, there are only seven beetles in the last page of the book to get the arrow and I need ten. Been back loads and loads but still no sign of the other three.

Have you solved this? I have the same problem. I have spun the wheel, opened the monkey's arms and jaws but his teeth won't open. Is there an oreder where you spin the wheel and pull the tabs? The game isn't frozen so I wonder if there's a sweet spot?

HELP!

[Post New]by Storyweaving on Nov 5, 13 9:11 AM
OK, so this is a hint. I got all distracted by the bells and whistles, and MISSED a TAB to PULL in another statue! So, if you're having this trouble, find all the tabs -- I already had the second monkey's beetles, it turned out.

I loved this game, and I love the series. MORE!

[Post New]by theaterd on Jul 25, 14 11:27 AM
amazonkes wrote:
WFU0208 wrote:Everything works swimmingly, until I get to the point where I need to make charcoal etchings of the carvings on the rocks, in order to carve the wooden figures. I am able to etch the one at the top of the mountain (by the old fireside) and the one by the windmills, but I cannot etch the one at the foot of the mountain (where the shield was). I can place the piece of paper and pick up the charred stick, but nothing happens when I rub the charred sticks across the paper. I've tried restarting the game, but it has still gotten stuck right at the point. I'm really enjoying the game and I want to keep going. Help!!

Wow! Fourteen months later and I see no one has found an answer to this problem. I was hoping they would, because now it is MY problem, as well! Is this just a forum for venting? Is there another place for real help?

I now have the same problem. Is there a fix?

Go to: