peony99
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

Re:Reviews for Drawn™: Trail of Shadows

[Post New]by peony99 on Dec 7, 11 2:48 PM
From now on I am going to be very wary of "trilogies". I feel I was gypped in both the Dream Chronicles - third episode and now this one, in the 3rd episode. In both cases the first 2 were excellent, but in trying to cash in on the popularity of each series the creators seemed to run out of material. Because I enjoyed the first of each of these games so much I didn't play the trial of either of these 2. My bad! But not again.

Twikey
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by Twikey on Dec 16, 11 10:15 AM
Sorry I tried I really did, it seemed different so I kept on but I just couldn't get drawn into the story and the challenge that I expect when playing a game. The music was beautiful I felt like going off to sleep but the final thing that stopped me buying the game was when I got a 'Jar of Hunny' maybe because I'm English but I always thought it was spelt Honey that was the decision for me, a no buy!

reddleman
Guppy
Guppy
160 Posts

[Post New]by reddleman on Dec 18, 11 1:51 AM
This game had some very unique puzzles. I enjoyed the game very much. I just wished it was a little bit longer. I hope there is another one to come.

[Post New]by JessChillin on Dec 18, 11 4:51 PM
I like this series and this game, but it was way too short. I really enjoyed the graphics and the game play and puzzles are unique and interesting. I just wish the game was longer.

boobailey
Guppy
Guppy
187 Posts

[Post New]by boobailey on Dec 22, 11 7:35 AM
I liked this game as much as the other Drawn games. Hope there will be another one. Loved the music. Very soothing and relaxing. It h ad a good story and lot's of challenges. I was not disapointed at all.

[Post New]by Brandywine_Valle on Jan 2, 12 10:56 AM
I dearly love the Drawn series, it has truly raised he bar (at least for me) for what the definition of a good game is

For me, each game is different, not good or bad, but each are spectacular in their own way, which in itself is quite impressive as most sequels/prequels are so similar that they invite, "better than/worse than" comparisons.

To the creators: thank you so much for making such a beautiful and innovative series. Thank you for giving us these games.

Edited on 01/02/2012 at 10:58:31 AM PST

[Post New]by jzm16501 on Feb 4, 12 8:07 PM
Holy Cow! That was HORRIBLE! Short, no substance.....Not worth the purchase!!

vetchick
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by vetchick on Feb 5, 12 6:58 PM
Ok, so I really liked it! The graphics were stunning, and I loved the book puzzles. It did seem a little shorter than the other two, and I don't really understand the point of the pigs.

enigma5619
Minnow
Minnow
244 Posts

[Post New]by enigma5619 on Mar 15, 12 7:02 PM
These DRAWN games are really a lot of fun
great puzzles
excellent story
much imagination
never have i been disappointed by any of them
don't understand the pigs, but nevertheless
Hello!

roaming
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

[Post New]by roaming on Mar 24, 12 11:20 PM
Twikey wrote:Sorry I tried I really did, it seemed different so I kept on but I just couldn't get drawn into the story and the challenge that I expect when playing a game.

I wanted to like it, but this one isn't for me. I'm not sure exactly why. Maybe it was the grandfather's voice... the only way I can describe it is "slithery." Or maybe it was that it really didn't seem very challenging. I didn't feel it worth even finishing the demo.

roaming
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

[Post New]by roaming on Mar 24, 12 11:20 PM
Twikey wrote:Sorry I tried I really did, it seemed different so I kept on but I just couldn't get drawn into the story and the challenge that I expect when playing a game.

I wanted to like it, but this one isn't for me. I'm not sure exactly why. Maybe it was the grandfather's voice... the only way I can describe it is "slithery." Or maybe it was that it really didn't seem very challenging. I didn't feel it worth even finishing the demo.

[Post New]by michelemybelle on Apr 8, 12 9:58 PM
I have played all three Drawn games. This one was okay but a disappointment after the other two. It was simple and short. If there are more Drawn games in the future I hope the designers make them more like the first game in length, style, and difficulty. The first was very artistic and really made you work to finish. This one was a pale imitation. I guess they decided after the success of the others they could cash in one more game. Also, after clicking on all the pigs then discovering they were only for the CE was disappointing.

[Post New]by mochajoes on Jun 30, 12 5:58 PM
I give a BIG round of APPLAUSE for all those who had a hand in creating Drawn: Trail of Shadows. This is the best one yet. I have many favorite things about the game... the spectacular artwork, clever story line, challenging games, etc. I can go on and on but one that stood out that I've never played in a hidden object game before was the way the screen moved with the mouse. I found this little trick of the screen really brought me more into the game. I also loved the interactive pop up book challenges. The animation was off the charts on a scale of 1 to infinity.

Why do I love it so much? I played this game using the advanced mode and I was stuck on several puzzles within the game. I was determined not to go to the forum and cheat. Using my imagination I figured out how to get through those challenges. I felt like if I didn't see beyond what was before me I would have never solved them. What I love the most is how the story tied in well with the previous DRAWN games.

EXCELLENT JOB!!!!! LOOK FORWARD TO THE NEXT GAME!

[Post New]by thomasallen63 on Aug 13, 12 4:19 PM
I've played all 3 Drawn titles (the first two on iPad). I do believe that Trail of Shadows is the best. The slight screen movement whenever you mouse back and forth creates an incredible sense of depth and simulated 3rd dimension. The pop-up book rendering was splendid and the storyline and integrated puzzles well written and place. There was only one puzzle that didn't make sense - the flower garden - (a) I didn't realize that something had to be found prior to the puzzle and (b) where and how to find the item didn't make sense. I played from start-to-finish with my 8-year-old daughter and she figured out several of the puzzles before I did!

shadowsong
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by shadowsong on Sep 23, 12 7:55 PM
This is much simpler than the others. It is very linear and fairly easy. Probably great for older kids. Of course, I was playing in casual mode, but I finished in around 3 hours. Which seems like a short game to me. Graphics were fun, but nothing near the first Drawn. If I don't compare it to that one, it is a fun little game. But I was a bit disappointed, since the first game was so visually stunning. This one has some nice visual elements, and the voice work is very nice as well as the music. I think this is probably more appropriate for my 10 year old niece than for adults. However, if you are looking for a nice visual, linear game with some good logic puzzles, this is the one for you. (Thank you, no hidden object scenes!)

Overall, I recommend this game. Especially if you want something a bit simpler, but still challenging.

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on Oct 23, 12 3:45 PM
Well, I purchased this as a DD since I already owned 2 other ones. Odd little games that are pleasant to play. Voice overs are nice so didn't have to even turn them off. Music relaxing. Full of color and all that fantasy stuff, but I found it wasn't the kiddie game is comes off as being.

No HOS, you have to search for clues and you don't get a lot of "go there" hints. Sparkles mark the places of action, but you are on your own once you get there. There is a sort of hint area, but it isn't much help, you still have to use your head on this one to figure things out. Mini games, well lets say I skipped most of them. Instructions were not clear and you could be misled. Storybook puzzles are a challenge because you just never know if you are done with them are not.

Not the longest game in the world, but a good length. Don't let the fantasy, cartoon like stuff fool you...the game is a challenge. Nice graphics, beautiful colors. Got a little frustrated toward the end. I give this game a 4 because it was actually fun and made me think more than others do. Good buy at 2.99.

[Post New]by Classicaljazz on Jan 1, 13 11:40 AM
I see that no other reviews have been left for this game in several weeks but I felt compelled to add mine just the same.

Wow!!! And, I'll say it again... WOW!!! Loved this game and it is my favorite in the Drawn series so far. Loved the many puzzles... and loved the story and the graphics. So many Hidden Object Puzzle Adventure games are similar in style and content these days; therefore, it was a joy to have something so different and creative as this to play.

I highly recommend it. Even if you didn't care for the previous games in the Drawn series, at least give the demo of this one a try... for I felt this one the best of all.

Congratulations to the developers of this great game!!

Classicaljazz

Wardragon
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by Wardragon on Mar 23, 13 9:19 PM
I LOVE this game. The graphics are very cool and very well done. I loved the way the screen moved and some of the scenes felt very epic. The hint button was very helpful even if not always obvious. I loved the finale. My only complaint is that it was short. Maybe it appeals to the artistic side of me, I am so impressed with how the developers made this game look.

[Post New]by Sidra66 on Jan 5, 14 12:05 PM
While I really love the graphics and story, I was very disappointed at how short it was. I played about 20 mins of the trial and decided to buy it. However, I had completed it in about 1.5 hours. :-( I would have thought that it would keep me occupied for much longer than that!

Oh well, at least I didn't pay full price for it.

Go to: