Lady_Cav
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,363 Posts

Post any Haunted Manor: Queen of Death Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by Lady_Cav on Dec 13, 11 12:33 PM
kgustavson wrote:
BearKat wrote:Just FYI to tech support for this game:
I had no problems with either the d/l or the gameplay, so imagine my surprise when I exited the game to get the following error message accompanied by the dreaded black screen:
"Error: Access violation at 0x100D5419 (tried to read from 0x0000000C) program terminated".
This happened both times I exited the game. After the first time, which I thought might be a fluke, the game opened just fine and I played another 15 or so minutes before closing only to have the identical results. I am running XP on a HP desktop and this is a first for me. I have had games stop on me while playing with an error message, but not upon exiting!
BK

I have this same problem - doesn't seem to affect the game at all but it sure is annoying!
I had that same error message every time I exited "Temple of Life: The Legend of Four Elements Collector's Edition". So long as it doesn't affect your game play, you can continue with the game hopefully. If the annoyance is too much, you can contact customer service via the Green Envelope or try Live Chat if you are a game club member. They can get a Dr. Felix Report from you and possibly help figure out why that message keeps occurring for you.

Re:Post any Haunted Manor: Queen of Death Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by katiek249 on Dec 16, 11 3:17 PM
I've played this game twice with no problems, but I recently downloaded
the "update" and now there is no coral in the barrel. Without this last
piece I can't continue. I uninstalled and just re-installed - same problem.
Any other suggestions ? Really love this game. Thanks

ascorpion
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

Re:Post any Haunted Manor: Queen of Death Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by ascorpion on Dec 20, 11 1:32 PM
I played the entire game and went on to the bonus. Was nearly done with that and had to close. Today I went back in and the bonus section had me start at the beginning again. What can be done to advance to where I left off? I'm not about to go through it for the second time.

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Dec 20, 11 2:17 PM
Hi ascorpion,

Unfortunately, I'm not sure if there is a way to retrieve lost save data. To prevent this from happening again though, you may want to give the steps in this help article a try:

Game Not Saving

If your game still isn't saving properly after completing those steps, please contact Tech Support and one of our reps will be happy to take a closer look at this with you.

Hope this helps!

-bfgHondo

cinnabear
Minnow
Minnow
209 Posts

[Post New]by cinnabear on Dec 24, 11 12:53 PM
katiek249 wrote:I've played this game twice with no problems, but I recently downloaded
the "update" and now there is no coral in the barrel. Without this last
piece I can't continue. I uninstalled and just re-installed - same problem.
Any other suggestions ? Really love this game. Thanks

I'm having same problem. No corral in the barrel. What now??

Edited on 12/24/2011 at 12:54:13 PM PST

gatorgal637
Minnow
Minnow
204 Posts

[Post New]by gatorgal637 on Dec 29, 11 9:12 PM
ascorpion wrote:I played the entire game and went on to the bonus. Was nearly done with that and had to close. Today I went back in and the bonus section had me start at the beginning again. What can be done to advance to where I left off? I'm not about to go through it for the second time.

This happened to me also. Played about 1/2 or so of the bonus round, exited and when I returned, I had to start over. So, I tested it before I got too far into the game, and it saved it that time. Sure can't figure that one out! Another thing. The game where you have to slide the squares around to complete the picture in the bonus section..the one with lines, that puzzle froze my computer both times I played it. what gives with that BFG?

bardiva67
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

[Post New]by bardiva67 on Dec 31, 11 4:15 PM
i have picked up the pickax in the mine, and now its gone and not in my invenory. Need it to go further into the game, any suggestions?

[Post New]by Blow_Leadfish on Jan 4, 12 9:53 PM
I have spent hours trying to find the coral for my last part of the elixar to add to my fresco, but have been unsuccessful. I've reviewed comments posted by others on this forum and have learned that the coral is supposed to be in the barrell, but my barrell is empty. There was nothing in it when I drained it. What should I do? Do I need to contact customer support? I've really enjoyed the game up until this problem.
Also, I am receiving the error message when I close the game causing me to restart my computer as a result. I found this to be annoying, but now I'm just frusterated that I can't complete the game to the coral glitch. What should I do?

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Jan 6, 12 11:24 PM
Blow_Leadfish wrote:I have spent hours trying to find the coral for my last part of the elixar to add to my fresco, but have been unsuccessful. I've reviewed comments posted by others on this forum and have learned that the coral is supposed to be in the barrell, but my barrell is empty. There was nothing in it when I drained it. What should I do? Do I need to contact customer support? I've really enjoyed the game up until this problem.
Also, I am receiving the error message when I close the game causing me to restart my computer as a result. I found this to be annoying, but now I'm just frusterated that I can't complete the game to the coral glitch. What should I do?

Seems like several other folks on this page are having these same problems. Doesn't seem as though there is currently a known fix, so I would suggest definitely contacting tech support. Just click on the green envelope on the right of your screen (you may have to scroll up a bit to see it). Good luck! And welcome to the forums, Blow_Leadfish!!!

Edited on 01/06/2012 at 11:25:28 PM PST

sullysdragons
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

[Post New]by sullysdragons on Jan 9, 12 2:28 PM
I looked through the messages and didn't see a reference to the problem I'm having, so here goes.

I'm at the skull (with the ruby eyes) in the crypt. I know what to do in general (move the icons around until they are in a certain order). My problem is, no matter where I put my mouse on the picture and either click or try to drag or whatever, NOTHING happens. I can't move anything, drag anything --- nothing........... I had a screen capture of the area, but don't see anywhere I can add it here, so hopefully I've made myself understood as to my location and problem?

[Post New]by jaldrich on Jan 12, 12 5:55 PM
I don't know if it's a technical issue or not, however, now that I am a lot of the way through the game I reallized, after looking at the walkthrough, that I missed the corkscrew somehow in the maid's room and I can't go back and get it. It just isn't there. That is the only piece I am missing because without it I can't get the coral out of the barrel. What do I do now????

[Post New]by KathyCCentralOH on Jan 18, 12 9:54 PM
sullysdragons wrote:I looked through the messages and didn't see a reference to the problem I'm having, so here goes.

I'm at the skull (with the ruby eyes) in the crypt. I know what to do in general (move the icons around until they are in a certain order). My problem is, no matter where I put my mouse on the picture and either click or try to drag or whatever, NOTHING happens. I can't move anything, drag anything --- nothing........... I had a screen capture of the area, but don't see anywhere I can add it here, so hopefully I've made myself understood as to my location and problem?

Me too! Unfortunately my skull is also upside down. I clicked on the skull and it turned upside down so the teeth are at the top of the screen and the eyes at the bottom. My discs wont move so I can switch them and the skull won't return to an upright position.

Please help!

[Post New]by galexan964 on Jan 27, 12 12:14 PM
I've made it to the upstairs only to not be able to get the stick to grab the snake. I continued on and now i'm in the mine. I've aligned the rails but no HOS game occurs. I'm stuck. Should I just start over?

Ardes
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by Ardes on Aug 19, 12 8:31 PM
Great game!!! Love playing it. My problem is, I am unable to finish it. After spinning the nuts to unlock Stella's room, the doors still won't open. When I click on the hint button, it gives me the message "Maybe I can find something useful in another location". Every place I go, there is nothing to be done. I have clicked the hint button in every location I go to and it just gives me the same message. What am I doing wrong? How do I fix this and get on with the game? I have already tried restarting the game and when that didn't work, I restarted my computer. Same results. Very frustrating!!!

Edited on 08/19/2012 at 8:35:31 PM PST

gilesluver
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by gilesluver on Aug 28, 12 5:33 PM
I'm trying to open the door in the "Cabinet", where the dead nanny is. The marbles in the minigame aren't showing up! I put in the sphere disk, and there's no way to know where the different colored balls are. Is there a fix?

[Post New]by purefoysgirl on Sep 22, 12 7:56 AM
I'm sure this has been reported already, but I simply can't get past putting the code in for the lion's head or the bull's head or whatever it is. The code is in, it is correct, but the glitchy turn system on it makes it impossible for me to get past it. I've played all the way up to that point on two different computers (thank you BigFish Unlimited! ) and I've had to end my game due to that glitch. It's very frustrating and I think it's prevalent enough that the game should be tweaked to fix it.

[Post New]by Sachadev on Jan 20, 13 8:57 PM
I cut the glass and got the toad but when I finished getting all other ingredients the toad was gone. It's not in the case either. Do I need to uninstall and start over?

anges35
Lobster
Lobster
91 Posts

[Post New]by anges35 on Jan 23, 13 11:01 AM
Please see my post here: http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/reply/0/235670.page

Suggest waiting to load the iPad version. It is very buggy and losing inventory.

[Post New]by BinBinKhoo on Feb 12, 13 10:33 PM
Hi,

The game plot is awesome, albeit some annoying issues, which am not sure if it is a game bug.

When I played to the part where in the CRYPT got the KEY from the HOS, so that I can drop it into the MANHOLE in the centre of the CRYPT; It just would not react, despite umpteen attempts.

Initially I thought I missed a step or took the wrong key. So I used HINT and even referred to STRATEGY GUIDE, they all pointed to the right manhole and the right key. This is only Chapter 1 of the game.

Perhaps you can look into that?
Many thanks!

[Post New]by Yviepie on Feb 23, 13 12:50 PM
May contain spoilers - playing on iPad - I put the silver bar in the pot on the fire. Collected it in the jar - game froze momentarily & the jar (complete with melted silver) are gone. Not in my inventory, not in the room - gone. I couldn't work it out so started the game all over again. Went though fine second time around.

Go to: