vingilot
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,175 Posts

Re:Regarding the Mac Release for Escape from Ravenhearst

[Post New]by vingilot on Dec 12, 11 6:30 PM
A countdown would be nice, once they know for sure when we'll be getting it. I don't see the point in giving us more clues though. We already know what the game's about from the spec thread.

I hope they don't forget their promise about the MCF badges.

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

[Post New]by shorenuf on Dec 12, 11 10:57 PM
MommytobeC wrote:I had a thought. Ya know how there was this build up for Escape from Ravenhearst and thus it made an excitement for the game. How about for us Mac users could you give some of that excitement back? Create idk something where you can do a build up about the game for Mac players with like a count down to reveal for us. And/or clues so we can get excited about getting the game. Help us feel part of it??? Some kinda of way to make the us the poor cousin "Macs" feel at least some what included?

I think it's too late for any of that.

The last thing I want to do is play yet another guessing game. How would they introduce it? I know: "Anyone" can escape from Ravenhearst sooner than next spring! Guess the date and get dinner with Charles.

What makes this so annoying is the hype we were encouraged to be part of with no suggestion we would be left out of the big reveal. If this were just another great upcoming game we had to wait for, such is life. It is just a game after all, one of thousands. But one they could afford to produce because of all the $$$$ they make selling them to us. So it''s just the principle of what went down, the unthinkable way they bit the hand that feeds them. Knocking the rungs out of the ladder as you climb to the top is never a good idea.

I just hope the CE is released for Mac before the SE version is released for the PC, adding more salt to the wound. They clearly consider us small potatoes. Would they have ever done the reverse of what happened? Sure, we are a smaller percentage of their sales, but we all have a voice. Is this the story they want us to tell? I do not understand how they could see this as good business.

MommytobeC
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

[Post New]by MommytobeC on Dec 13, 11 6:49 AM
*sigh* well it was at least a thought... a count down would be good. Or at least a note from that they are at least reading this thread.

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

[Post New]by shorenuf on Dec 13, 11 8:43 AM
MommytobeC wrote:*sigh* well it was at least a thought... a count down would be good. Or at least a note from that they are at least reading this thread.

I can agree with that 100%! Sorry if I sounded like I was attacking you personally. I know you were just trying to make the waiting more tolerable.

My entire argument is with BFG, and it really has little to do with waiting for this particular game.

zowaar
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by zowaar on Dec 13, 11 8:54 AM
I do so much agree with grandmanonni's post, first in this series!

Solice, PLEASE,can we have an update on the ETA????

MommytobeC
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

[Post New]by MommytobeC on Dec 13, 11 11:07 AM
shorenuf wrote:
MommytobeC wrote:*sigh* well it was at least a thought... a count down would be good. Or at least a note from that they are at least reading this thread.

I can agree with that 100%! Sorry if I sounded like I was attacking you personally. I know you were just trying to make the waiting more tolerable.

My entire argument is with BFG, and it really has little to do with waiting for this particular game.

You didn't sound like you were attacking me at all. I was sighing because when I post on here about wanting some kind of reaction from Big Fish I feel like I am talking to a wall. And it would be nice if some staff person of BF would give us something anything. Btw I completely agree with your argument.

GRANDMANONNI
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,005 Posts

[Post New]by GRANDMANONNI on Dec 13, 11 2:32 PM
Sorry to say that the feeling I'm getting from BF, with their ZERO response to ANY of our questions regarding this game, is that they would just like us all to shut up and go away.

I'm pretty close to giving them what they seem to want. There are other places to buy games and I have a huge backlog of books on my Nook to read. I got along just fine before BFG came along, I'm pretty sure I can get along just fine without them. I would however miss all our MAC fishies and I sure would miss the word game forum. lol

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

[Post New]by shorenuf on Dec 13, 11 3:04 PM
MommytobeC -- Thanks for understanding and agreeing.

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

[Post New]by shorenuf on Dec 14, 11 4:54 PM
From Solice via the Mac Forum:
on Dec 14, 11 9:20 AM
I am afraid I have no word yet, I will update you as soon as I know more.

This is still being worked on as a top priority for our studios team, we are doing all we can to get this to you as quickly as possible.

As much as we want to hear something, I guess they really don't want to repeat that day after day. Disappointing -- a Holiday release would have been nice.

So we just wait.

Happy collective Holiday greetings to you all! May we all be blessed with the gifts of health and peace.

[Post New]by fairygodmother55 on Dec 16, 11 10:12 AM
Doesnt sound promising.... Look, BFG, I have two weeks of holiday time now and I'll like to waste.. I mean spend it.. looking for all those morphing objects I've been hearing about... so any day now would be great.. really... any day

gwenofala
Minnow
Minnow
245 Posts

[Post New]by gwenofala on Dec 16, 11 5:46 PM
Well they finally put a walkthrough up for it.. from what I've read at the pc users the integrated sg is not that great.. so we can read the walk through and watch the videos !!!! I know I'm pathetic I just hope this game is going to be worth all this anxiety we're feeling right now !

[Post New]by Fisherman253 on Dec 18, 11 7:01 PM
I think the next game should have some connection with either 13th Skull or Dire Grove. There were the two things concerning the phone call in Dire Grove and the letters in 13th Skull.

vingilot
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,175 Posts

[Post New]by vingilot on Dec 21, 11 5:43 PM
PCs now have the SE and we still have no word about the CE.

Riquelme
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by Riquelme on Dec 22, 11 4:30 PM
I'm guessing, they really don't have a clue.

[Post New]by fairygodmother55 on Dec 23, 11 5:57 AM
Well, here we sit.. still no game... guess I will just have to patiently rack up my credits.. good thing I can get all those nice game for my ipad for 99 cents! I guess it will have to hold me over....

MommytobeC
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

[Post New]by MommytobeC on Dec 23, 11 7:20 AM
A month has past and still no word. . And there is still no Kingdom for the Princess III, and Pc just got Royal Envoy 2. While we got Holiday games?! I used to work in customer service and I would bend over backwards to make things more pleasant if I had a client who felt shorted. Sheesh.

melonrind
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by melonrind on Dec 25, 11 7:35 AM
Well, I was holding out hope that we'd get a Christmas release. Boo. I wish we'd at least get an update.

lezol
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by lezol on Dec 26, 11 9:46 AM
Is this coming out on mac i dont want to put it on my laptop would rather have it on my mac?

gwenofala
Minnow
Minnow
245 Posts

[Post New]by gwenofala on Dec 26, 11 10:18 AM
lezol wrote:Is this coming out on mac i dont want to put it on my laptop would rather have it on my mac?
Yes lezol it is it is just taking them forever that is what we all are complaining about !

zowaar
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by zowaar on Dec 27, 11 2:56 PM
Solice, please respond! This is getting ridiculous in terms of customer service. Of course, you don't have to say something everyday, but a response in this thread would be appreciated.

My list of complaints is getting longer and longer. First, no warning whatsoever that the game would be late, then we Mac-users have to beg for some attention, and I suppose we still will have to pay for the game when (or should I say : IF) it finally comes....

Edited on 12/27/2011 at 2:57:14 PM PST

Go to: