Re:Hints, tips and gameplay questions for Ravenhearst Grounds (Zone 1)

[Post New]by jewel66 on Nov 25, 11 9:40 AM
XxShadowsxX wrote:
jewel66 wrote:how do I get through the lighthouse trapdoor? I've got a fuse, a magnifying glass and a shovel and I'm STUCK!!!

**SPOILER**

You need to reveal the hidden puzzle in the wall at the top of the stairs by clicking the head of the left top railing. Use the code halfway up the stairs as your guide on how to apply the numbers from the map downstairs.

Thank you!!!

[Post New]by pmjdcuf on Nov 25, 11 10:10 AM
I thought I was entering the numbers correctly but I guess not.

beckykay
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by beckykay on Nov 25, 11 1:46 PM
can someone tell me what to do in the lighthouse? I have no rag to clean up the spilled paint. I have no number to correspond to the direction West. these are the numbers I do have : 15, 2, 14, 21, 6, and 6. now what the heck am I'm supposed to do with those numbers is anyone's guess. I see NWSNw scrawled on the wall when the lightening flashes. so, yeah, uh huh, alright. so???????? I got the code box exposed at the top of the stairs but it makes no sense at all. the numbers, the directions, the whatever....
I appreciate anyone helping me who has the time. or...is there a walkthrough available anyplace? that would help if I can have things precisely spelled out, the strategy guide is worthless.

pattyjo
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by pattyjo on Nov 25, 11 1:50 PM
Early in the game, I put the hose down the hill to get the shovel but can't get the accross to get the slip of paper? What do I do now. guide does not help with this ?

[Post New]by gamineannie on Nov 25, 11 1:55 PM
Pattyjo, did you pick up the ladder in front of the manor? Use that to get the note.

BeckyKay, at the top of the stairs in the lighthouse, take a look over the side and make a note of what you see.

Okay, the fuse puzzle is driving me nuts. The SG gives the solution (I thought) as 5374, but nothing happened when I lined up all the numbers properly in that order at the bottom of this infernal puzzle. Is there a clue to the correct number I've missed somewhere? Cuz 5374 isn't doing it for me here!

Edited on 11/25/2011 at 1:58:11 PM PST

briandg
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by briandg on Nov 25, 11 2:01 PM
how about the string, for the magnet, for the key?

I feel like a real idiot

NEVER MIND.

i just had an epiphany.

Edited on 11/25/2011 at 2:03:42 PM PST

Hints, tips and gameplay questions for Ravenhearst Grounds (Zone 1)

[Post New]by negomiretsof on Nov 25, 11 2:04 PM
bfgImbrium wrote:So you've ventured back into Ravenhearst? You're bravery knows no bounds detective!

If you are stuck in this section of the game, if you need advice or hints, be sure to use this thread to ask other players for assistance.

Please denote any content that reveals plot elements with a *SPOILER* warning.

Happy gaming!

bfgImbrium

[Post New]by negomiretsof on Nov 25, 11 2:10 PM
I have just downloaded the new MCF game, and already I have used up 24 minutes of my one hour trying to get the key! I feel like such a dummy: I have found in the forum that I use the magnet...but how do I find the magnet?
I am already quite angry with the game, the SG is almost worse than useless. How do I get the magnet and is there a walkthrough? A STEP by STEP?

MoDreams
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,179 Posts

[Post New]by MoDreams on Nov 25, 11 2:48 PM
gamineannie wrote:Pattyjo, did you pick up the ladder in front of the manor? Use that to get the note.

BeckyKay, at the top of the stairs in the lighthouse, take a look over the side and make a note of what you see.

Okay, the fuse puzzle is driving me nuts. The SG gives the solution (I thought) as 5374, but nothing happened when I lined up all the numbers properly in that order at the bottom of this infernal puzzle. Is there a clue to the correct number I've missed somewhere? Cuz 5374 isn't doing it for me here!

This may be a problem with the game. When you found the journal in the chest after solving the 4 number puzzle.... it tells how to fix the lighthouse. I hope you took notes. It says you need the T25 fuse and it gives the reset code. Those are the numbers you have to set the control box for. My numbers were 5 3 7 4. Notice that the numbers fall into a different order on the bottom, so you need to make it line up correctly when they reach the bottom.

Problem is once you have closed the journal, you cannot go back and look at it again if you failed to write down the numbers. But if it's the same for all then that is not an issue.
~~~MO~~~

MoDreams
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,179 Posts

[Post New]by MoDreams on Nov 25, 11 2:55 PM
negomiretsof wrote:I have just downloaded the new MCF game, and already I have used up 24 minutes of my one hour trying to get the key! I feel like such a dummy: I have found in the forum that I use the magnet...but how do I find the magnet?
I am already quite angry with the game, the SG is almost worse than useless. How do I get the magnet and is there a walkthrough? A STEP by STEP?

The SG is really very helpful on this point. But here goes...

Have you done the morphing scene in Victor's cottage, and found the broken glass yet? You have to go across the bridge -- right arrow on right side of bridge, to get to Victor's cottage. Once you have the glass, cut the twine on the mail in in the mail box. Then go back to the entrance. Have you broken down the gate yet? If so, enter the mansion, do the morphing scene, and you will get the magnet.

~~~MO~~~

[Post New]by gamineannie on Nov 25, 11 3:05 PM
Thanks,MoDreams, but the fact is I have not done the chest yet, as I have no idea what digit I'm supposed to aim for. A hint to where to look for that would be very much appreciated. Then I guess I can do the infernal fuse puzzle again and get a result there. Man, this game is hard on the old brain! And apparently, you need to do things in the proper order. Besides thinking waaaay outside the box. LOL

[Post New]by waypissedoff on Nov 25, 11 3:15 PM
my grave stone number is 22223 but i can not get anywhere help please

MoDreams
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,179 Posts

[Post New]by MoDreams on Nov 25, 11 3:27 PM
gamineannie wrote:Thanks,MoDreams, but the fact is I have not done the chest yet, as I have no idea what digit I'm supposed to aim for. A hint to where to look for that would be very much appreciated. Then I guess I can do the infernal fuse puzzle again and get a result there. Man, this game is hard on the old brain! And apparently, you need to do things in the proper order. Besides thinking waaaay outside the box. LOL

Look on the desk at the right of the room, after you pick up the magnifying glass, there is a cross on the desk with 4 numbers in it. Those are the numbers you need to set the lock on the chest. Those numbers will remain visible until you have solved the lock.

~~~MO~~~

Edited on 11/25/2011 at 3:28:20 PM PST

MoDreams
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,179 Posts

[Post New]by MoDreams on Nov 25, 11 3:35 PM
waypissedoff wrote:my grave stone number is 22223 but i can not get anywhere help please

1. Have you found both parts of the "last will" clue? 1 is under the brick in the burned up mansion, and 2nd is on the cliff east of Victor's house (you need the ladder from the house to get to it). You need to match the piece of paper you pick up from the cliff to the piece under the brick to "activate" this clue. This gives you the direction arrows you will need in the lighthouse.
2. Have you broken the lamp in the lighthouse, and if so, have you repaired the lighthouse control box. You cannot do anything with the numbers from the gravestone until these steps have been completed.
3. Once you have repaired the lighthouse, you can now enter the code. Each number represents a direction based on the completed "last will" clue.
In your case, down down down down left. Click on the appropriate error next to the joystick. After each entry a light will show, after you have entered the 5 directions the light will burn again. Follow the light to the cemetery.

Good luck

~~~MO~~~

[Post New]by koczor on Nov 25, 11 4:29 PM
gailyannie wrote:Can someone explain the controls for the fuse puzzle to light the lighthouse? I understand that the top is randomized so I have to figure out how to get the numbers at the bottom to read what the SG gives as the answer. ( +; -; turn around-left turnaround right etc.) I would like to not skip if I can. Thanks in advance!

Lin1707P
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by Lin1707P on Nov 25, 11 4:56 PM
Can not find the rag to open the hood of the car to get the fuse, could someone aim me in the right direction, because I have obviously overlooked something.

[Post New]by ChesterPepper79 on Nov 25, 11 6:23 PM
Hi Lin!!!

The rag is under the bridge by the swing, before you head to the lighthouse. Once you're actually under the bridge, click on the junk to the left and you'll run across a Morphic Object Game where, once completed, you'll be rewarded with the rag.

Good luck!!!!

acter
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

COMPLETELY lost

[Post New]by acter on Nov 25, 11 6:40 PM
I am completely lost and getting very frustrated. I can find no fuse in the car, I can't get the key out of the stone wall, I am just stuck and I've already been playing for half an hour! Can someone please give me a little more help?

I really hate the idea that the help doesn't work all them time, and the Strategy Guide stinks.

MoDreams
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,179 Posts

COMPLETELY lost

[Post New]by MoDreams on Nov 25, 11 6:53 PM
acter wrote:I am completely lost and getting very frustrated. I can find no fuse in the car, I can't get the key out of the stone wall, I am just stuck and I've already been playing for half an hour! Can someone please give me a little more help?
>snip>

You need to get the bucket from the well, fill it up with water. Use the rag to open the car, click on car near the front to gain access to the hood. Your car is overheated after opening the front gate.
After you complete the morphing scene in the burned ruins you will get the magnet.
After you complete the morphing scene in Victor's house, you will get broken glass you need to cut twine on the mail and ropes on the swing and bucket.

Good luck!
The SG gives you pictures showing step by step where you need to go and what you need to click on. Try to relax and be a bit more patient, Click on EVERYTHING to find all the hidden clues. There are no sparkles to direct you, so you need to look everywhere.

~~~MO~~~

MoDreams
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,179 Posts

[Post New]by MoDreams on Nov 25, 11 6:58 PM
koczor wrote:
gailyannie wrote:Can someone explain the controls for the fuse puzzle to light the lighthouse? I understand that the top is randomized so I have to figure out how to get the numbers at the bottom to read what the SG gives as the answer. ( +; -; turn around-left turnaround right etc.) I would like to not skip if I can. Thanks in advance!

I found it easiest to work one number at a time. Start with the first box on the bottom, and follow it's line to where it starts on the top. Figure out what you need to do to change that number so that the correct number, 5 will appear right side up when it hits that first box at the bottom (and a green ilght will blink on if it is right). Adjust the turn arounds, pluses and minues as needed to get the correct result. Hit the lever on the right to check. Once you have the first number right, work on the next one, each time pulling the lever to check your results, until you have finally set all 4 correctly.

~~~MO~~~

Go to: