Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

Re:Reviews for Revenge of the Spirit: Rite of Resurrection

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Dec 8, 11 3:10 PM
This is a great game - especially as a SE. For me its a definete buy

[Post New]by daisyduck352 on Dec 8, 11 3:30 PM
I have been gone a couple of days so have been trying to catch up on all the new games. This one is a dark game and have problems in finding things but guess my eyes aren't as sharp as they once were. Storyline is another game with car crashing and a spooky figure once again. I just got out of the jail and figured I would stop for awhile. Will see later how it goes.. Not a bad game.. but not one of the best either.

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on Dec 9, 11 8:29 AM
Totally enjoyed this game! I thought the game was over, and then it went on into an epilog which was just like having a "bonus" game in a SE! Definately worth the money. Only problems were the funky English accent and the wording delay. Really odd and it would sometimes repeat itself. I just got to where I would ignore it. You'll love this one.

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Dec 9, 11 9:37 AM
bessiegirl wrote:Totally enjoyed this game! I thought the game was over, and then it went on into an epilog which was just like having a "bonus" game in a SE! Definately worth the money. Only problems were the funky English accent and the wording delay. Really odd and it would sometimes repeat itself. I just got to where I would ignore it. You'll love this one.

Ditto! Amazingly good value. The epilogue was just like getting a bonus game. And all for SE price. Brilliant.

ETA I'm sure the voice of the male characters was the same guy who was Nick in that amazing game 'The Great Gatsby'. Anyone know?

Edited on 12/09/2011 at 9:55:03 AM PST

pvsquare
Guppy
Guppy
177 Posts

[Post New]by pvsquare on Dec 9, 11 12:29 PM
I have read what other fishes had to say about this game. I must say that I like games that are not easy to hunt for the next thing to find or where to find it. The hint will sometimes give where to find something that you need to complete a mini game. The walkthrough is very well done. I recommend this game to those who do not just like to see how fast they can get through a game. For a SE game it is very long.

chumface
Herring
Herring
355 Posts

[Post New]by chumface on Dec 9, 11 11:03 PM
WOW! Great Game!

Cobweb55
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by Cobweb55 on Dec 10, 11 11:14 PM
What a pleasant surprise!! Tough game without a SG, which really made me have to THINK! (LOVED IT!!) Didn't resort to the available walk through, but was very tempted to a couple of times. The hint system got me back on the right road quickly and was greatly appreciated. Nicely surprised to have been thrown right into a fairly long epilogue. I used a game credit to obtain this jewel, and feel like I got the bargain of the year!! Absolute replay value for me!! Thanks BF!!

carolwooden
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

[Post New]by carolwooden on Dec 11, 11 12:27 PM
I loved this game, especially the music which was so haunting I just had to keep ringing the church bell.

Is there a way to buy the musical score? There were two composers listed in the credits. Maybe I could do a search on them . . .

[Post New]by hydrogibbon on Dec 11, 11 12:43 PM
I beta tested this months ago. It's been so long I thought they released it under another name and I just didn't realize it. I loved it when I did the beta and I loved it after I bought it. I didn't have any technical issues and thought it was a great value compared to what we are getting as CE's for twice the money.

I also loved ringing the bell and got a chuckle out of the obviously oriental accents.

Donq47
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by Donq47 on Dec 11, 11 6:11 PM
Not one for reviews even though I've played about 100 **** games but this is a game a **** fan should take a good look at. Basically a CE for regular price. Well put together and has it's challenging moments. Good value for the money.

Edited on 12/11/2011 at 6:12:07 PM PST

[Post New]by FlyWheelGames on Dec 12, 11 2:01 AM
Hello, Fishes!!!!!!
Thank you for all reviews!!!!! We love all of you!!!!!! Hope you enjoy our games!!!!
Max, FlyWheelGames

[Post New]by FlyWheelGames on Dec 12, 11 2:05 AM
carolwooden wrote:I loved this game, especially the music which was so haunting I just had to keep ringing the church bell.

Is there a way to buy the musical score? There were two composers listed in the credits. Maybe I could do a search on them . . .

Hello, Carolwooden, thank you for your review. How I can help you with music? May be I can give you a link to download the main theme????

lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

[Post New]by lovely62 on Dec 12, 11 8:02 AM
wow what a game, I thought i was finished then it kept going totally awesome Thx DEV's for that bonus treat! I will buy more games like this one, They gave us more then our monies worth..This game was awesome..

[Post New]by dakotanprudle on Dec 12, 11 11:15 AM
mrssharon wrote:I did not care for this game at all. Slow to load, poor graphics, ridiculous story.

Possible spoiler:

When I couldn't go any further, I clicked the hint and it told me to take the knife to the alley and cut open the bike seat. That's fine, but I couldn't find the alley. My cursor just didn't point to it, so I was stuck in the water.

When I attempted to exit the game to take a peek at the walkthrough, it froze. Very discouraging.

And yes, who gets an axe in their jail cell? If I ever get arrested, I want to be locked up there!

Over all, a boring game and a waste of 34 minutes of my day.

I need some chocolate to recover!
Couldn't agree with you more! No Buy for me either!

layzeedaisy
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by layzeedaisy on Dec 12, 11 4:46 PM
Very impressed with this being released as an SE - especially with the Epilogue at the end. Great bonus.

Darn good game, plenty of places to go and see, lots to do. Tiny little glitches here and there but nothing to spoil the enjoyment of play.

I liked this game a lot and wtg devs !!!!! bring on some more.

Skrdykat
Minnow
Minnow
217 Posts

[Post New]by Skrdykat on Dec 12, 11 5:13 PM
WOW!!!!!! This game was so awesome, I can't believe it was an SE. Even got bonus play without all the music and backgrounds and stuff I don't care about.

This took me back to when every game I bought from BF was $6.99 and they were all quality. Before "Collector's Editions".....I was so tired of using punch card rewards to buy SEs of CEs...so I didn't get the bonus play. I was thisclose to quitting and then I got this great game, just like old times. Sigh. Guess I'll hang in a little longer!

But PLEASE more quality SEs like this!!!!! This game was better than MANY CEs I have bought. Thank you BF, please, sir, may I have some more?

Skrdykat
Minnow
Minnow
217 Posts

[Post New]by Skrdykat on Dec 12, 11 5:16 PM
Oh just saw that Max from Flywheel games posted....LOVED!!!! the game and will be checking out your other offerings FOR SURE!!! I have been so unimpressed with games recently but this one was fantastic, thanks devs!!!!!!!

r3t1r3d
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by r3t1r3d on Dec 13, 11 5:22 PM
I was not expecting this game to be so good. Thanks Fly Wheel and Big Fish.

enigma5619
Minnow
Minnow
244 Posts

[Post New]by enigma5619 on Dec 14, 11 7:45 AM
H.o.s were a little dark for finding all
a good game

babbydoll1201
Minnow
Minnow
281 Posts

[Post New]by babbydoll1201 on Dec 17, 11 9:42 AM
This is a very good game for a reg edition...the length to me seemed pretty long...no complaints here in that category. I really do recommend this game...if you like a little spooky story line. There are many **** games throughout. I still cant get over the length...very pleased here in Michigan.

Go to: