jcsgame
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,392 Posts

Re:Reviews for Temple of Life: The Legend of Four Elements Collector's Edition

[Post New]by jcsgame on Dec 13, 11 12:03 PM
Excellent game. Many items to search for (not including H0 scenes). The CE is worth the cost.

emmyjayne
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,375 Posts

[Post New]by emmyjayne on Dec 13, 11 2:47 PM
I am not far into the game but really like what I'm seeing so far. My one pet peeve is the flashing of the Hint button and hidden object area as well as the sparkling journal that forces me to acknowledge it so it will stop sparkling. As I've mentioned several times in other reviews, these things are very distracting and annoying. The game would be much more enjoyable for me without them. Other than that, it's a good game.

marg6043
Clownfish
Clownfish
582 Posts

[Post New]by marg6043 on Dec 13, 11 9:18 PM
This game is ok, great graphics, clear and easy to understand, the hidden objects scenes are very interactive, the mini games were no so challenging.

Is a fun game, just that, fun.

grandmab3248
Herring
Herring
342 Posts

[Post New]by grandmab3248 on Dec 13, 11 9:42 PM
I have to agree with Lovetomisslisa. Except that it really doesn't matter to me if there are voice overs or not, as I usually turn the sound down anyway. I am not a dialogue fan. I really enjoyed this game. Now that makes three CEs this month that I would like to buy....decisions, decisions, decisions. I'm glad to see that BFG is finally releasing some quality CEs again and a couple of really good SEs in the past month also. I had stopped buying CEs for about 3 or 4 months, and there weren't any really good SEs either. But I did clean up on the sale Thanksgiving weekend.

[Post New]by Michele_Bowers on Dec 15, 11 8:05 PM
This game is a total waste of money or game credit. I can't believe how easy it is and very short. I don't often write reviews for games, but I just can't let me fellow gamers buy this game. Please think before you buy this one.

[Post New]by Mystery_Egypt on Dec 16, 11 3:29 PM
I have completed the CE version, and have enjoyed it very much.
The graphics were clear (the orb graphics superb), the music very nice, the mini games and the hidden object scenes not very difficult. I also liked the story. The multiple use of some inventory items was also a plus for me. A relaxing game - apart from shooting the monsters that pop up from time to time, which for me was a new element in this game genre

The only annoyance for me was that the hint button in the non hidden object scenes was not really helpful. It usually pointed to all available locations that were already sparkling, or told me to pick up the ladder and then put it back. Sometimes I was missing an item that I would have to use, but the hint button was not helpful for finding it.

All in all a not very difficult, well made game that I have enjoyed

tomb57
Guppy
Guppy
155 Posts

[Post New]by tomb57 on Dec 19, 11 3:48 PM
Great game! Lots of artful graphics, good story, soundtrack, decent puzzles.
Long game, with a long Bonus game too.
Since the story revolves around archiologists in 1885, I suppose shooting the various monsters that pop up to get hints recharged is Ok.
Very enjoyable, the built in strategy guide really helps, as hints can be indicated to multiple locations.
Thanks BFG!!

linda43416
Guppy
Guppy
143 Posts

[Post New]by linda43416 on Dec 19, 11 7:24 PM
Gonna have to go against the reviewers here, which is unusual because i usually agree pretty much about the games. Don't like this game,just seemed annoying, especially being interrupted while I am involved in a game to shoot at pop ups! I just found that so offensive, just like someone interrrupting when I'm talking to someone else. Don't mind looking for extra objects for hints and that sort of thing, can do it at my own timing. I can't see the draw, but am glad others have enjoyed. I will try demo for se when it comes out just in case I was having some kind of weird day.It is so ununusual to wonder what everyone is seeing that I don't see!! Happy gaming.

[Post New]by ladicandy on Dec 22, 11 2:29 PM
This is the first time i have ever posted a comment about a game ... i know, shame on me ... but this game is incredible ... if you like a challenge ... and if you enjoy solving puzzles this is the game for you ... wow ... i'm really enjoying it. Could do without shooting the enemies ... but it certainly stops you from drifting off. Hope everyone enjoys this type of game as much as I am. Happy holidays everyone.

lilrikku32
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,089 Posts

[Post New]by lilrikku32 on Dec 25, 11 5:14 PM
This is a really good game, I only had some problems withsome of the dark areas, objects kinda hard to see. But all in all a really good game.

mariannequilts
Flounder
Flounder
2,146 Posts

[Post New]by mariannequilts on Dec 28, 11 10:22 AM
Just finished and LOVED it. Very beautiful and interesting graphics with fascinating scenes and game play. The puzzles were different, interesting, altho I had to skip some as I was confused without any instructions. A Hint or two would have been nice. The Hint button was not very good as to what to do. I really liked shooting the Monsters.....lots of fun. The H0s were clever and the best ever imo. I don't care for H0s, but these were interesting and fun and I actually enjoyed them. They also fit in with the game. I did not care for the first chapter, but am so very pleased that I continued with the game as it was a delightful surprise. The bonus chapter was one of the best I've played. What's next Quick-Click?

[Post New]by moxieladie on Dec 28, 11 6:21 PM
great game until i got stuck i the castle dining room and lobby and yard how do i move on how do i get to the cabinet in the dining room moxieladie

lovemanm
Guppy
Guppy
103 Posts

[Post New]by lovemanm on Dec 29, 11 5:21 AM
I loved this game, I just kept saying this game is brilliant. More please!!

[Post New]by quarlesqueen on Dec 30, 11 1:00 PM
Just finished playing the CE, of this game, purchased during the sale, wouldn't have wanted to pay full price for this CE though, because the game was a little short, for me anyway.
As for the game itself, very well done, so COOL the way the puzzles worked with the special effects, and the graphics were AWESOME, so for me this was another feast for the eyes....LOVE IT .
Also, PLEASE keep the shooting aspect, LOVED shooting the vampire, mummy etc, for hints, even though I only used one hint, so I got all the awards except one, this part really added to the enjoyment of the game, what a way to relieve stress..lol.
Getting the achievments was another part, that I loved about this game, and although some thought this game was easy, there were quite a few puzzles, I found challenging, and a few that were just tedious (didn't care for )....but some I really liked, so a little bit of everything, for everyone.
The interaction was amazing, lots of it, which I really like, so plenty to do in this one, and it also raises the fun factor, above other games, so well done .
Plus the quality of this game is GREAT, very well made, with a nice flow to it, so I found it very entertaining.
The different scenery, places you went, added to this fun game, was nice to have different places to collect the different elements, no way anyone should get bored because the developers kept it fresh, which is a nice change .
HAPPY that I bought this during the sale, was a very FUN and entertaining game to play, and I would suggest trying it, also lots of puzzles for those that like them.
HOOD is still my favorite that I've purchased so far, during the sale, don't think I'll find anything to beat that one, so for now on to the next CE

qpr1
Clownfish
Clownfish
733 Posts

[Post New]by qpr1 on Dec 31, 11 5:18 PM
this game was just ok for me, i found it quite easy i used no hints, graphics were ok and the music was'nt too annoying. but it just did not "grab " me.

babbydoll1201
Minnow
Minnow
281 Posts

[Post New]by babbydoll1201 on Jan 1, 12 9:58 AM
I really liked this one. I was disappointed when I finished the demo. The graphics are very good and so is the music. The gameplay is easy enough to follow and the **** scenes were easy enough. The mini games were challenging, but there was a fairly quick skip button.. Overall, I would rate it a 9 out of 10. I thought this game was worth CE price.

leacraw
Shark
Shark
14,048 Posts

[Post New]by leacraw on Jan 7, 12 1:39 PM
Hi fishies!
puzzledone wrote:WOW this is just my kin of game, and I've still got the giggles. I wanted no more dark eerie gore, meant to add no more skeletons. Then what pops up, a skeleton and I shot him with my mouse LOL. Da*n that felt good, then a few mummies and I got a trophy already for shooting 5, what fun. Wish I could shoot rats and cockroaches in those hideous hospital or dungeon ones I'd buy more dark/eerie.

OMG/LMFO I tried this game because of your comments...am happily off to purchase
lea

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on Jan 11, 12 9:02 AM
For the most part, I actually enjoyed this game. However, I am NOT a mini game lover and this one is full of them. The skip button does charge quite quickly so I was able to skip all the games I didn't have the patience to do...or even try in most cases...it was like...good grief, ANOTHER mini game! Arrrrrrrrrrgh. HOGs are interactive and there are not a lot of them, but what few there are, they are a welcome break from all the MINI GAMES!

The pop ups that you had to shoot were annoying as hell.

Would have been happy with the SE since the CE bonus game was just mini game after another. Didn't finish the bonus game because of that. Entertaining and the graphics were amazing. I can never understand why they make the females in these games look like they should be sitting on a bar stool though. LOL.

Mini games freaks will love this one, the games are a challenge. I give this a 4 only because there are so many mini games, otherwise its a

Edited on 01/11/2012 at 9:02:58 AM PST

Bink_In_AK
Minnow
Minnow
237 Posts

[Post New]by Bink_In_AK on Jan 14, 12 1:18 PM
Very nice.

I demoed the SE and jumped over here and bought the CE... There is over 100M difference and the SG for the bonus is 25 pgs

Edited on 01/17/2012 at 11:07:47 AM PST

Mardenoir
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by Mardenoir on Jan 18, 12 7:16 PM
Wow, I love this game alot!! The graphics are very nice & bright.... The mini games are pretty easy yet enjoyable. I highly recommend this game.happy gaming all!

Go to: