BearKat
Stingray
Stingray
4,860 Posts

Re:Post any Mountain Crime: Requital technical issues here only

[Post New]by BearKat on Dec 12, 11 4:34 AM
dobbiemijnboekje wrote:I bought the game and than I get a message your trial is over. Can't go on. So I must start over?

On the page where it says your demo is finished, there should be a "buy full game now" button and somewhere down to the right, if I remember correctly one that says "I have already purchased this game". I have seen the techs post to click on this button and it should activate your purchased game. It has worked for me in the past. I don't know if it will work for all those who are having the problem, but it is worth trying. I surely hope it will.
BK

IamJbar
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by IamJbar on Dec 12, 11 4:35 AM
Add me to the list of those that have hit the "demo wall". This is a really good game. Keeping my fingers crossed for a quick fix.

eris348
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by eris348 on Dec 12, 11 4:36 AM
BearKat wrote:
dobbiemijnboekje wrote:I bought the game and than I get a message your trial is over. Can't go on. So I must start over?

On the page where it says your demo is finished, there should be a "buy full game now" button and somewhere down to the right, if I remember correctly one that says "I have already purchased this game". I have seen the techs post to click on this button and it should activate your purchased game. It has worked for me in the past. I don't know if it will work for all those who are having the problem, but it is worth trying. I surely hope it will.
BK

That is a good suggestion, thanks

However, for me at least, my BFG game manager is acknowledging the game as purchased and activated, it is just when I go into the actual game itself and try to play it that it tells me I have reached the end of the demo and exits. I don't think the above solution will work

But thank you so much for trying!

bfgKenai
Clownfish
Clownfish
864 Posts

[Post New]by bfgKenai on Dec 12, 11 4:38 AM
Hi Fishies,

Just popping in to address the issue that some of you are experiencing where you can't get passed the trial section after the game has been purchased.

We apologize for the trouble, and we’re currently trying to gather as much information as we can. Could you please let me know:

- Did you download and play the trial version of the game before purchasing the game?

- What exact stage did you reach in the game when you got the message "You've completed the demo"?

Be sure to get in touch with Customer Support to flag the issues you are experiencing and if possible, add the answers to the questions above in your communication.

You can contact Customer Support by clicking on the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages, and then click "Contact Us" to the right of the screen to submit a support ticket.

Thanks!
bfgKenai

grammyapples
Herring
Herring
343 Posts

[Post New]by grammyapples on Dec 12, 11 4:39 AM
DITTO...same problem after purchasing game.

[Post New]by chezpete on Dec 12, 11 4:39 AM
DITTO>>Same Problem..cannot continue after trial period!!??

eris348
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by eris348 on Dec 12, 11 4:43 AM
Thanks so much, Kenai - I have pm'd the info over to you (although re-reading it appears I need to send to CS - I got confused!) in order to avoid spoilers on the boards.

Thanks for trying to help with this issue :-)

Eris

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Dec 12, 11 4:46 AM
bfgKenai wrote:Hi Fishies,

Just popping in to address the issue that some of you are experiencing where you can't get passed the trial section after the game has been purchased.

We apologize for the trouble, and we’re currently trying to gather as much information as we can. Could you please let me know:

- Did you download and play the trial version of the game before purchasing the game?

- What exact stage did you reach in the game when you got the message "You've completed the demo"?

Be sure to get in touch with Customer Support to flag the issues you are experiencing and if possible, add the answers to the questions above in your communication.

You can contact Customer Support by clicking on the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages, and then click "Contact Us" to the right of the screen to submit a support ticket.

Thanks!
bfgKenai
I bought the game after the demo. The demo was over when the girl killed.
I started under a new profile, but had the same problem.

[Post New]by fishiegamer on Dec 12, 11 4:48 AM
dobbiemijnboekje wrote:

Thanks!
bfgKenai

Same Here

Edited on 12/12/2011 at 4:49:36 AM PST

sparkle76
Marlin
Marlin
9,781 Posts

[Post New]by sparkle76 on Dec 12, 11 4:49 AM
i bought the game without downloading the demo.... and my game ended at the same point as dobbiemijnbekje's.

judyglenning
Guppy
Guppy
126 Posts

[Post New]by judyglenning on Dec 12, 11 4:59 AM
Checked out the download size of this game elsewhere and other sites say the game is over 800MB, much bigger than the 277MB it's downloading after buying it here.

luvmigame
Minnow
Minnow
251 Posts

[Post New]by luvmigame on Dec 12, 11 5:03 AM
Good game. I am in the same position as all the rest. Can't play past the demo. The game manager acknowledges the purchase. I downloaded the trial, played to the end of the demo, used a game club coupon to purchase, pressed the install button after the purchase and the game was activated. I don't know if the entire game was installed when I downloaded the trial or not, but no more of the game was installed after the purchase. My demo ended in Katherine's room. Heading for the green envelope now.

[Post New]by fishiegamer on Dec 12, 11 5:03 AM
Talked to a programmer pal & he said the problem with the game refusing to play past the demo sounds like a Link Error -

Instead of linking the Full Version to the Install Game Button it seems they may have linked the Demo instead

Big Oopsy Felix! - got the 'work experince kid' doing the links?

[Post New]by Copper_Fox on Dec 12, 11 5:06 AM
Just adding my name to the list of frustrated would be players.

I suspect the "try" and "buy" buttons are both linked to the demo download.

[Post New]by ulrike1000 on Dec 12, 11 5:08 AM
Add me to the list too.

Edited on 12/12/2011 at 5:09:07 AM PST

Antonie7
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by Antonie7 on Dec 12, 11 5:25 AM
fishiegamer wrote:
dobbiemijnboekje wrote:

Thanks!
bfgKenai

Same Here

Me too!

kathey12
Guppy
Guppy
128 Posts

[Post New]by kathey12 on Dec 12, 11 5:29 AM
Time 7:28 AM, CST

I just purchased using a game coupon and only received the "trial" version of 227 MB.
I sent an email to customer service.

[Post New]by brooklyngrandma on Dec 12, 11 5:29 AM
Me too. So annoying. You pay bbut cannot play past the demo

[Post New]by baglady159 on Dec 12, 11 5:33 AM
eris348 wrote:
030352 wrote:OK so it seems everyone is having the same problem i don;t see any fixes yet come on bf get with it n fix the problem

Give them a chance! The game has only been out for 3.5 hours, and it isn't even released to non-BFG members until tomorrow. Not to mention that I am unsure what time it is where they are!

Maybe it is a more complicated fix, and they are working on it right now. Either way, there are so many games on this site to play whilst we are waiting

When Big Fish releases the games its midnight where they are so all the complaints are either going to have to wait till they wake up or its being passed on to a 3rd shift crew to sift through. Either way, I think I'll wait and buy after the fix. Don't want to be in the majority and not be able to play.

[Post New]by KatrienGo on Dec 12, 11 5:38 AM

Thanks!
bfgKenai

I played the demo version and when the young lady was killed , the trial version ended.

Go to: