mariannequilts
Flounder
Flounder
2,146 Posts

Re:Group play for Hotel - all are welcome!

[Post New]by mariannequilts on Feb 18, 12 2:13 PM
I figured it out. I just kept fiddling with it and finally got it.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Feb 18, 12 2:24 PM
The answer is yes. That's what the cleaning fluid and the napkin are for.

It's also the reason for my comment about Jack Allin.

Edited on 02/19/2012 at 3:34:38 AM PST

Dialogue
Minnow
Minnow
202 Posts

[Post New]by Dialogue on Feb 18, 12 2:26 PM
Well I made it day two and am about to head out the door to meet sis. I have a question for you all. Do you find it strange that a paranormal investigator would have such a snotty attitude to anything as unusual as what people are telling her? Or do you think that sarcasm is her cover? Just asking?

amj0963
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,544 Posts

[Post New]by amj0963 on Feb 18, 12 3:00 PM
had things to do topside and then i had to delete some games on my game manager so the game would run smoother. i didn't realize i had 20 ce's on my manager unplayed

seems i bought this game on 5/2010 lol and started but got so stuck i quit. right now i am waiting for the game to download so i will go outside and smoke a cigarette while waiting

hopefully i won't be very far behind.

this stupid keyboard is killing me lol. i have to keep backspacing and correcting lol.

mariannequilts
Flounder
Flounder
2,146 Posts

[Post New]by mariannequilts on Feb 18, 12 3:00 PM
Right now I'm working on the ** esophagus puzzle** and am totaling confused with it even tho I know or guess that the symbols have something to do with it. I'm just sliding those ** marbles ** on over the place playing a guessing game.

mariannequilts
Flounder
Flounder
2,146 Posts

[Post New]by mariannequilts on Feb 18, 12 3:10 PM
I'm signing off for the night...have some RL things to do and then hope all the spare beds aren't taken up in the Hotel. Are we having a jammy party?

govols2
Shark
Shark
11,575 Posts

[Post New]by govols2 on Feb 18, 12 3:52 PM
Well I am stuck now. I have got to my room and checked out everything, talked to butler and mean detective on couch. been to basement and got picture of stone slab. sent it off. tried to get into crime scene. from previous comments it seems I should be able to set off smoke alarm some how to distract the detective but I don't know how. Not sure what else I need to do.

Any suggestions ?

[Post New]by alvertis5706 on Feb 18, 12 4:01 PM
It's late afternoon in RL here in the U.S. Any of you U.K. fishies can use my bed while I'm wandering around!
So far this has been a game I can handle...until I got to the Sarcophageus puzzle. I admit I was forced to go the to game forum, and used Lisa's solution. The only problem is, I still don't understand it. Does anyone know how you would come to solving it ? ie, the rationale?
govels2- do you have something in your inventory that you can burn?

Edited on 02/18/2012 at 4:03:52 PM PST

govols2
Shark
Shark
11,575 Posts

[Post New]by govols2 on Feb 18, 12 4:07 PM
Oh for goodness sakes I do !!!!

Thanks alvertis Too used to regular HOG's where you can stick a match by it and it works. LOL.

ETA- to add a vowel

Edited on 02/18/2012 at 4:32:53 PM PST

govols2
Shark
Shark
11,575 Posts

[Post New]by govols2 on Feb 18, 12 4:32 PM
Ok , really I must be thick today . waiting on her tech guy to let her know what was on camera in crime scene. Opened up stone slab and have a ladder going down to dark room. What good detective doesn't have a flashlight ? Looked all over for one or a candle or something else to use matches on. No one seems to be around and there doesn't seem to be anything to do in the room you get to from outside that looks like a dining room. Have to admit I am enjoying this game more. Wish there were voice overs but it is still ok.

Dialogue
Minnow
Minnow
202 Posts

[Post New]by Dialogue on Feb 18, 12 4:40 PM
I finished. Now I'll see if I can help someone out.

alvertis5706 wrote:It's late afternoon in RL here in the U.S. Any of you U.K. fishies can use my bed while I'm wandering around!
So far this has been a game I can handle...until I got to the Sarcophageus puzzle. I admit I was forced to go the to game forum, and used Lisa's solution. The only problem is, I still don't understand it. Does anyone know how you would come to solving it ? ie, the rationale?
quote]

I'm not quite sure what you mean by the rationale but I can tell you how I solved the puzzle. Spoiler *** In the Astrology section in the library is a bunch of parchment pieces stuck in between the books. When I clicked on the parchment pieces in my inventory, a jigsaw puzzle appeared. When I finished the jigsaw puzzle, a picture of the answer to the finished sarcophagus puzzle appeared, which went into my inventory for reference. I then put the marbles on the Sarcophagus where they were in the picture and voila, an open sarcophagus appeared.*** I hope this helps.

Dialogue
Minnow
Minnow
202 Posts

[Post New]by Dialogue on Feb 18, 12 4:44 PM
Govols 2,

I don't know if you're still stuck or not but have you checked your room? There may be something to help you out there.

[Post New]by alvertis5706 on Feb 18, 12 4:50 PM
@Dialogue...Ha! I wasn't doing as well as I thought; I TOTALLY missed picking up those clues. Thanks!

Dialogue
Minnow
Minnow
202 Posts

[Post New]by Dialogue on Feb 18, 12 5:04 PM
alvertis5706 wrote:@Dialogue...Ha! I wasn't doing as well as I thought; I TOTALLY missed picking up those clues. Thanks!

You're welcome!

govols2
Shark
Shark
11,575 Posts

[Post New]by govols2 on Feb 18, 12 5:16 PM
Thank you dialogue !! I don't know how I missed the candles. I thought I had checked everything in there. So I have now got to the part where I talked to the owner again and looked around his wife's office. Are those spindle things supposed to move. I have a hand icon when I touch them and I know the way they are supposed to point but have no idea how to get them to move. Looked all around the place again but must have missed something.

hazelize
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by hazelize on Feb 18, 12 5:25 PM
govols2, you may have something in your inventory that will allow you to illegally access the locked drawer in the wife's office. Have you done that?

hazelize
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by hazelize on Feb 18, 12 5:29 PM
mariannequilts wrote:I figured it out. I just kept fiddling with it and finally got it.

Hi mariannequilts,

I know you said you solved it that way, but I just wanted to tell you that those symbols relate to the poem on the shield when you first entered that space. Anyway, good job!

govols2
Shark
Shark
11,575 Posts

[Post New]by govols2 on Feb 18, 12 5:32 PM
Hi hazelize

No I have not done that but I don't think I have anything in my inventory to do so. I can't seem to pick up another paperclip. All I have in inventory at the moment is the cell, camera, hotel memento and matches. Already put one eye in the statue but haven't found the other one yet. I must have missed something.

hazelize
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by hazelize on Feb 18, 12 6:56 PM
Govols2, look around Mr. Greenleaf's office for something you can use.

Edited on 02/18/2012 at 6:58:05 PM PST

amj0963
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,544 Posts

[Post New]by amj0963 on Feb 18, 12 10:25 PM
i am really stuck *i have given the fax to the detective, i have in my inventory, the cart, wire, wrench, copy of fax, camera, phone and i think that is it. i have been to the basement as that is where the cart came from and i have been back in my room and looked at the smoke detector but i can't do anything else* help lol

Go to: