SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

Re:Post any Mystery Case Files®: Escape from Ravenhearst™ technical issues here only

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Feb 14, 12 10:14 PM
dspsunrise wrote:I am in the hospital morgue and have changed the dial numbers on the drawer to the correct numbers but the handle won't open the drawer so I can't move on to the eye chart and the nurses station. What do I need to do?
Where did you get the number, from a strategy guide or in the game? If you can enter numbers but the door won't open it usually means you have the wrong number. The number is inside the speaker outside the front door. You need the screwdriver to open it.

Re:Post any Mystery Case Files®: Escape from Ravenhearst™ technical issues here only

[Post New]by Jacquelyn11 on Feb 15, 12 5:51 PM
Played the game a few times (with w/t help!) but a couple of times forgot to p/u the pills when they were in a morph scene. When I tried to go back, it would not let me access the area. Anyone know the answer the this glitch?

Jacquelyn

bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Feb 18, 12 2:43 AM
Hi Jacquelyn11,

You should be able to pick up the blue pills even if you didn't pick them up the first time going around the scenes. Which pills are you exactly missing? It might help to double check the walkthrough to see the locations of the pills again and backtrack your steps:

Mystery Case Files®: Escape from Ravenhearst™ Walkthrough

Hope this helps!

bfgRhone

[Post New]by THESCORPION on Feb 21, 12 9:54 PM
how do i restart this game i want to play again from the beginning???

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Feb 22, 12 12:30 PM
THESCORPION wrote:how do i restart this game i want to play again from the beginning???
Create a new player profile on the main menu. There's probably a link somewhere saying something like "welcome player - click here if this is not you"

[Post New]by Rotonda2 on Mar 3, 12 10:42 AM
I have played many games, but this one has beaten me from the beginning. I cannot open the door of the cottage, I have read the blog and done everything it has told me to do but still the door wont open. I have even re loaded the game into my computer but alas still no joy, can someone please help me.

I have played many games, but this one has beaten me from the beginning. I cannot open the door of the cottage, I have read the blog and done everything it has told me to do but still the door wont open. I have even re loaded the game into my computer but alas still no joy, can someone please help me.

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Mar 3, 12 3:42 PM
Rotonda2 wrote:I have played many games, but this one has beaten me from the beginning. I cannot open the door of the cottage, I have read the blog and done everything it has told me to do but still the door wont open. I have even re loaded the game into my computer but alas still no joy, can someone please help me.
You're probably trying the wrong door. The cottage is across the bridge to the right. It has a big red mailbox out front. You're probably trying to get into the front of the lighthouse.

[Post New]by lddenman on Mar 9, 12 8:30 AM
sandynbert wrote:I'm not sure which act I'm in but at least 1/2-3/4 way into game. I am in the attic floor of the sanitarium with the two coded doors. You have to go to the office and access the door code on the monitors and then go back to attic and input the code and the door should open. The first door opened as it should. When it was time to open the second door, it doesn't open. I get the code, go back upstairs and input it into the door pad and it doesn't work. I know I have gotten there before the time out, but it just isn't accepting any code. I've done this at least 50 times. I can't get around this. I have deleted and reinstalled both the game manager and the game and it still doesn't work. How can I get this to work?
sorry i got it took me awhile to realize the second number came from a different place

Edited on 03/09/2012 at 9:16:11 AM PST

[Post New]by lddenman on Mar 9, 12 8:33 AM
im having the same problem yhe second door wont open and i cant get any more numbers i think it opened the wrong door first now what?

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Mar 9, 12 1:37 PM
lddenman wrote:im having the same problem yhe second door wont open and i cant get any more numbers i think it opened the wrong door first now what?
There is no specific order to open the doors. The door on the right opens with the code from the monitor room, the door on the left with the code from the top of the ladder in the courtyard.

What's important to know is that the code changes every 60 seconds. So the best way to do this is to wait by the ladder/monitor until you see the code change, then remember the new code, run back to the door and enter the code. The coloured dial on the door shows you how much time you have left before the code changes again.

[Post New]by Denae25 on Mar 9, 12 5:47 PM
Sorry if someone has mentioned this before, but I am trying to unlock Charles' cage with the combination lock. I have the correct combination (steam from bathroom mirror) and i double checked on the walkthrough but it wont unlock?! I probably went too far in the game before realising i'd missed this part but surely that wouldnt stop me from going back?! I've gotten to a point where i need to get inside the cage otherwise i cant go any further someone please help! so frustrating lol thank you

[Post New]by linda1049 on Mar 26, 12 6:54 PM
bought this game in january, and as yet have not been able to play .. the game takes forever to load, cursor barely moves, just can't do anything, get frustrated and shut it down ...

was just wondering if anyone else is having this same problem .. i've deleted, and re-downloaded, and still the same problem...such a disappointment, i'm a big mcf fan, have them all. this is the first one that has done this ...

any suggestions ????

[Post New]by chia21 on Apr 2, 12 1:23 PM
I've been working on the puzzle to enter the electric shock therapy room. I've completed the three stages to get the numbers (3, 9, 5), and have moved the chains down over the corresponding numbers on the rulers, but the door won't open. I've checked the walkthrough, and it should be in the correct position. I've also aligned the the chains and rulers so that the numbers are exactly in the middle of the eyes. Any ideas???

phatkhat
Stingray
Stingray
5,001 Posts

[Post New]by phatkhat on Apr 8, 12 6:27 PM
I'd like to pick this up on the sale, and may, anyhow. But I'm having problems with the AUDIO. The visuals are perfect, but the audio is "jumpy" and stutters. Any ideas what's up with that?

[Post New]by elvenstardragon on Apr 22, 12 2:34 AM
SLVRFX101 wrote:The hint button won't work. And I haven't played in 2 weeks , not sure where I left off, and can't seem to find right place even after looking through the walk through. START OVER?? Oh no

The game is playing fine but I also have a hint button that does'nt work. It has'nt worked all the way through the game and it's taken me a long time to get to the were I am (at the brownstone after using the stork key), and now i'm really stuck. Can't figure out what to do next. Has anyone else having problems with hint button?

HELP! technical issues

[Post New]by MrsMims on Apr 27, 12 6:22 PM
I am on Act 3 and have basically completed all of the tasks. The last thing I need to do is collect all of the blue pills. I guess I had missed one in the bathroom inside the medicine cabinet, so I went back and now it will not let me open the door! The medicine cabinet door still twinkles though. I cannot move on and am totally bummed about it. Please help!

[Post New]by workwins on May 6, 12 6:21 PM
System meets all requirements.
Still get message that it does not.
have changed video card???
Any other suggestions?

[Post New]by elvenstardragon on May 11, 12 12:53 AM
elvenstardragon wrote:
SLVRFX101 wrote:The hint button won't work. And I haven't played in 2 weeks , not sure where I left off, and can't seem to find right place even after looking through the walk through. START OVER?? Oh no

The game is playing fine but I also have a hint button that does'nt work. It has'nt worked all the way through the game and it's taken me a long time to get to the were I am (at the brownstone after using the stork key), and now i'm really stuck. Can't figure out what to do next. Has anyone else having problems with hint button?

I eventually looked at the walkthrough and realised I had'nt picked up some red pills , but it won't let me go back to pick them up, they are no longer there. Anyone know what to do other than starting from scratch?

Go to: