Re:Walkthrough for Mystery Case Files®: Escape from Ravenhearst™ available!

[Post New]by tcottrell on Dec 3, 12 1:39 AM
all monitor says his check in how do you change channels

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Dec 3, 12 2:16 AM
tcottrell wrote:all monitor says his check in how do you change channels
It's the second monitor from the left in the top row. Click on it to zoom in, then there's a button in the bottom right.

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Dec 3, 12 2:19 AM
rex19 wrote:
I found the key in the dummy's mouth. I also I went back to all places where it says the blue pills where and it wouldn't let me go back to those certain places probably because I completed those activities.
The key in the dummy's mouth? The only key in a dummy's mouth is the one that falls from the vicar's mouth in the wedding scene, and if you've done the wedding scene you've already found and used the blue pills.

[Post New]by mermaidmyra on Dec 3, 12 1:12 PM
I can not get the key to open for the cage in the basement.i did everything it said to do.Go up to bathroom turn on water look in mirror see the dots to lock in mirror. when i put the correct code in the lock it wont open.and at the top of the pic it says something about need to find how to open the lock.that stayed up as i was going through game.it wouldnt go off. i went out game and came back in and the lock still wont work.Please help on this!

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Dec 3, 12 1:16 PM
mermaidmyra wrote:I can not get the key to open for the cage in the basement.i did everything it said to do.Go up to bathroom turn on water look in mirror see the dots to lock in mirror. when i put the correct code in the lock it wont open.and at the top of the pic it says something about need to find how to open the lock.that stayed up as i was going through game.it wouldnt go off. i went out game and came back in and the lock still wont work.Please help on this!
The most common mistake here is to press too many buttons, getting up and down the wrong way round. Try reversing your buttons.

rex19
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
7 Posts

[Post New]by rex19 on Dec 8, 12 2:45 PM
SeverineSnape wrote:
rex19 wrote:
I found the key in the dummy's mouth. I also I went back to all places where it says the blue pills where and it wouldn't let me go back to those certain places probably because I completed those activities.
The key in the dummy's mouth? The only key in a dummy's mouth is the one that falls from the vicar's mouth in the wedding scene, and if you've done the wedding scene you've already found and used the blue pills.

wedding scene??

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Dec 9, 12 12:48 AM
rex19 wrote:
SeverineSnape wrote:
rex19 wrote:

wedding scene??
Oh you'd definitely know if you'd been there

The blue pills appear to be a problem in this game, though. I personally can go back to all the locations where blue pills should be at any point in the game if I haven't yet picked up the pill, but lots of people seem to have trouble with this. The only thing I can think of is that one of the blue pills is behind a bottle in the bathroom cabinet, so you won't see it instantly when you open the cabinet door as you need to move something first (and you should be able to open the cabinet if there's still a pill in there - click on the edge rather than the mirror). But if that's not it then there may be an actual problem with the game.

rex19
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
7 Posts

[Post New]by rex19 on Dec 9, 12 12:02 PM
SeverineSnape wrote:
rex19 wrote:
SeverineSnape wrote:
rex19 wrote:

wedding scene??
Oh you'd definitely know if you'd been there

The blue pills appear to be a problem in this game, though. I personally can go back to all the locations where blue pills should be at any point in the game if I haven't yet picked up the pill, but lots of people seem to have trouble with this. The only thing I can think of is that one of the blue pills is behind a bottle in the bathroom cabinet, so you won't see it instantly when you open the cabinet door as you need to move something first (and you should be able to open the cabinet if there's still a pill in there - click on the edge rather than the mirror). But if that's not it then there may be an actual problem with the game.

i got the blue pill in the cabinet.

bonbon36
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by bonbon36 on Dec 10, 12 8:56 AM
I have tried and tried to get clock on 7.40 but cannot set off the cuckoo

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Dec 10, 12 9:13 AM
bonbon36 wrote:I have tried and tried to get clock on 7.40 but cannot set off the cuckoo
That means you haven't finished the step before.

bonbon36
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by bonbon36 on Dec 11, 12 6:12 AM
i THINK i HAVE DONE THE STEP BEFORE BUT PUT THE NAIK CLIPPINGS IN THE JAR AS SOON AS I GOT THEM .I SUPPOSE I WILL HAVE TO START A\LL OVER AS I DONT SEEM TO BE ABLE TO GET ANY FURTHER.ANY SUGGESTIONS?

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Dec 11, 12 8:02 AM
I think you missed one or more clippings. Check bed / toes / fingers / whatever.

bonbon36
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by bonbon36 on Dec 12, 12 6:53 AM
no,have to start again

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Dec 12, 12 4:11 PM
bonbon36 wrote:no,have to start again
I really doubt you will need to start again - pretty much everyone who had trouble with setting the clock hadn't fully completed the previous step. Like Mr Russ said, check the bed carefully for more toe nail clippings. If you can still zoom in on her feet it means there's still something on the bed that you haven't picked up. The clippings are very small, so check carefully.

bonbon36
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by bonbon36 on Dec 15, 12 6:57 AM
no had all the clippings.hAVe started again .worked o.k this time,I think it was because I put the clippings straight in jar before I collected the rest .Dont like this game at all, far too random Few logical movements,just wander around hit and miss Thanks for help

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Dec 17, 12 1:02 AM
bonbon36 wrote: no had all the clippings.hAVe started again .worked o.k this time,I think it was because I put the clippings straight in jar before I collected the rest .Dont like this game at all, far too random Few logical movements,just wander around hit and miss Thanks for help

Putting the clippings in the jar as you find them shouldn't have halted your progress - I did that too!

[Post New]by athryzma1 on Jan 7, 13 1:31 AM
Where do you find the ice pick?

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Jan 7, 13 2:34 AM
athryzma1 wrote:Where do you find the ice pick?
On a table on the left side in the electroshock room.

[Post New]by janice0 on Jan 9, 13 8:35 PM
janice0 wrote:I can't get the fuse box open at the gate.I have the fuse. What do I do????

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Jan 10, 13 12:57 AM
janice0 wrote:
janice0 wrote:I can't get the fuse box open at the gate.I have the fuse. What do I do????
Have you been to the top of the lighthouse yet? Play around with the override switch a bit to blow the fuse. The fuse box will then be open.

Go to: