blueskies01
Guppy
Guppy
161 Posts

Re:Post any Curse at Twilight: Thief of Souls Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by blueskies01 on Feb 16, 12 8:04 PM
No question of technical issues for 10.6.8; it's maddening. Cursor slow, jerky, and on its own trajectory; tools that won't return to bar; bizarreness all over, with even the simplest steps taking aeons. This is an absolutely gorgeous game, with stunning art in the hidden object scenes! I was all set to actually spring for the CE (big change for me). I have never encountered so many problems with a BF game that has such magnificent art. Baffling how it could have been recently released in clearly defective condition. From what I've read in this forum, it's obviously not an individual config. issue. (The Dr. Felix reports are no cinch to send, unfortunately.) This should not be an issue of proof. The developers need to get this fixed in a finny flash, if they'd like all us fishies to buy their beautiful game. Sound issue: needs a mute for the voice-overs only. The American accents are gratingly off for a story set in the "manor" of a "Lord and Lady" (per opening invitation).

RyeMcLaughlin
Stingray
Stingray
4,659 Posts

Re:Post any Curse at Twilight: Thief of Souls Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by RyeMcLaughlin on Feb 17, 12 9:28 PM
I have a 21" iMac with OS 10.6.8, a 3.06 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo processor and 6 GB of 1067 MHz DDR3 memory. All software up to date. More than enough for every game I have tried.

I have the same lagging cursor issues. I also clicked on the credits button and the credits scrolled with a jerky motion.

I ran the game in windowed and checked the activity monitor. The opening screen runs at 75 - 80 % CPU. That's without snow. When the small credits window is scrolling the CPU goes up to 115% or more.

I ran Time Mysteries 2 to compare. The opening screen for that game has much more happening in it , but the CPU is about 20%, same for running the credits.

Obviously there is something very wrong with this game.

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Feb 18, 12 2:23 AM
Playing on a MacBook 10,5,8 and also experienced cursor lag issues. Not so bad I couldn't enjoy the game though. Just added a bit of extra challenge. Now, if there had been any timed games, that could have been a bigger issue, but, thankfully, there were none. I noticed it was particularly bad during portions where there was moving animation, ie water or insects.

therat03
Clownfish
Clownfish
646 Posts

[Post New]by therat03 on Feb 18, 12 9:00 PM
2010 1.6 C2D 11" MBA, 4GB RAM, Lion (10.7.3)

I am also seeing some slowness during game play. Not as bad as it seems for pre-Lion but the game play does suffer when clicks register a little late or are missed because you've moved too quickly to another spot.

[Post New]by TigerFan1962 on Feb 20, 12 11:29 AM
I am in the Butcher's basement and have sawed off the pipe. All I have left to do is unscrew the grate and escape. Unfortunately, the grate does not come up and therefore I cannot remove it. I have tried the usual tips and tricks . . . exiting the game and so on, but without performing this task, I cannot progress. Any ideas how to resolve short of completely replaying the game and hoping for the best?

[Post New]by trlrdr71 on Mar 5, 12 7:07 PM
I'm stuck in the waterfall cavern. Can't make mud. The pestle just keeps chopping up and down with no muddy result. I've restarted, rebooted, and redownloaded, all to no avail.

pammysueb
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by pammysueb on May 13, 12 10:33 AM
Frogmort wrote:MAC version released 16th Feb 2012

On MBP 5,2 Intel Core 2 Duo running OS10.6.8 and with all software up to date having a truly horrible time with cursor lag even with custom cursor switched off. Unpleasant enough to make the game unplayable.

Same issues. I have desktop iMac, 3.06 **** Intel Core i3 processor, 8GB Ram, 500 GB HD, ATI Radeon HD 4670 Graphics, Mac OS 10.6.8. All software up to date, etc. Isn’t really even a lagging cursor - it is just plain slow. Tried turning off custom cursor and opening with Rosetta (did you notice the program is a Universal app?) — no improvement. [Lion users are out of luck here - no support for Rosetta]. Have no idea why game creator would choose to make a Universal app. PowerPC was discontinued in 2006! I did submit a Dr. Felix report, but will not purchase until fixed.

[Post New]by OrionsRose on Jun 28, 12 11:36 PM
Purchased this game in April, after the new build, and I'm having a couple of the previously mentioned issues. The chalk game not working correctly (finally had to skip as someone else mentioned since there's NO RESET! and with a minigame that requires this level of presicion it's insane not to have a reset) and the main issue is the flickering/shuttering/interferrence mess at the bottom of the screen. It's been intermittent thankfully but it's making it hard to play at times. Plus, I suffer from migraines and this issue is actually painful for me.

[Post New]by reatinarudd01 on Sep 12, 12 9:03 AM
I was enjoying this game very much myself and couldn't figure out why I wasn't getting any further from where I was. I had made it to the lookout and the shears will not work on the roses nor the vines. So my game is stuck now. Good thing I didn't purchase it!

fatandfrumpy
Guppy
Guppy
167 Posts

[Post New]by fatandfrumpy on Feb 21, 13 6:24 PM
I lost out on the shears at the glass coffin, read the post, went back in, no problem. Thank you. This is the best game I've played all year. Love Amarinth.

Jurinne
Clownfish
Clownfish
606 Posts

[Post New]by Jurinne on Jun 27, 13 12:38 PM
The problems started immediately. There were no coins in the first scene. I thought I must be blind or that they were so miniscule that I absolutely could not see them. The puzzle at the power meter did not work. It is an easy puzzle and I even double-checked it with the SG; I had done it correctly but flipping the power switch did nothing. I also could not skip the puzzle.

As for the SG: At first all I could access were the general instructions. There was no way to move to the first chapter even though there is a prompt at the bottom of the page. Clicking on it did no good. Backing out and accessing it again did no good. I started random clicking all over the place and finally managed to move to the first chapter.

Besides that, the only thing I was able to do was break the gargoyle's eye and put the owl piece on the front door.

I had to un-install the game and re-install it, then delete my profile and start over. The coins appeared and the puzzle was completed successfully. I don't know if the Skip button works as I didn't use it.

If this is a taste of what is going to go on with the rest of the game I am wondering if it is worth it or if I should ask for my money back now.

This computer is an almost brand-new HP gaming computer. Everything is up-to-date. This is the third glitchy game in a row for me and two of them have been CEs. What is going on?

Edited on 06/27/2013 at 12:50:19 PM PST

Game does not enter landscape mode

[Post New]by kbsativa on Aug 20, 13 4:06 PM
Hi,

i bought Curse at Twilight: Thief of Souls Collector's Edition and it only stays in vertical position on my ipad. I have deleted it and re installed, but it seems to occur again.

I cannot play the game as the edges of the game are out of my vision and touch. Nothing that i do makes the game act correct.

Please, help me!

[Post New]by cassie188 on Sep 1, 13 5:36 AM
This game has been annoying, it wouldn't let me take both eyes and I can't find all the pieces in the room for the orb even though I have used the help pages. I decided to purchase the game but that hasn't resolved the issues, even using the stragey guide in the game I still can't find the pieces and i cant unlock the 2 locks in the garden. It also doesn't appear in my list of purchased games. It's also not as smooth as previous games.

Any ideas please?

I am playing on ipad2

[Post New]by dawguy on Sep 2, 13 9:55 PM
Ah, when in the tear garden (near end) (on ipad 2) after I put seed in ground and dragged bucket to waterfall to fill, my battery ran out. Later when I resumed game the bucket is gone! (not in inventory) I forget where I got bucket, so maybe can get it back, but otherwise cannot water seed/ proceed. . Fun game otherwise!

GJParker
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by GJParker on Sep 2, 13 10:38 PM
I am playing this on my iPad. Turned the iPad on an angle (not intentionally). Now the game is stuck in vertical mode. I cannot see the inventory or map or hint button, only the top of the picture.

I shut down and started over. Other apps are working. Screen comes up in correct format for others. Just doesn't work for Curse at Twilight.

GJParker
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by GJParker on Sep 5, 13 11:03 PM
Same problem as before. It is not always in "vertical mode". Sometimes the game appears as it should. Then suddenly it comes up vertical again which makes it unplayable.
Hope someone can fix this glitch.

[Post New]by blfinchi on Apr 5, 14 5:05 PM
Playing on an IPad and since purchasing the full version, when I save and leave the game then return the game will only open in portrait rather then landscape. This cuts off both sides of the display and prevents me from playing. I've tried rebooting, restarting with a new ID ( three times) and have completely deleted and reloaded the game twice. Still each time I exit the game and return the same issue occurs.
This isn't happening with any other games or apps so I have to believe it's a bug unique to this game.
Any help will be appreciated.

Go to: