gamer_girl_09
Guppy
Guppy
113 Posts

Re:Reviews for Grim Tales: The Legacy Collector's Edition

[Post New]by gamer_girl_09 on Jan 12, 12 11:21 PM
The graphics were not bad. They may not be up there with the best, but I didn't feel tey lacked any where (with the exception of a few HOGs.. not that the things were difficult to find, but some of the HOGs seemed hazy - or just not as vivid as the others).

Like all games, it had it's negatives, though most were minor and really the only one I can think of worth mentioning is the comments (ex: when you clicked on anything in a scene, the text that popped up disappeared before I had a chance to really read all of it and so had to keep clicking. Leave it up and let people x out when they're ready. I am not a slow reader, but when most of this information is almost always cryptic, it may take a few seconds to sink in.

I have no regrets about purchasing the CE (or the game in general).

[Post New]by merlin789 on Jan 13, 12 12:31 PM
Love, Love, Loved this game....The best I've played in a long time.....So worth the $ for the CE....11 stars.

[Post New]by feenix2011 on Jan 15, 12 12:24 PM
Well, I have to quit for now - another work week ahead. This game is great. The mini-games at the torture chamber door were way too much for me, however. I ended up skipping all of them. Any game that takes a million moves to solve is not my cup of tea. And the other game on the safe where you have to fit the pieces without overlapping, that really aggrevated me, cuz once you put a piece in the puzzle it stayed there whether it was right or not until you found the right piece. It was a jumble all over the place. Enough review for now. I will continue next weekend. This really is a LONG game. I hope I live long enough to finish it!!

feenix

candybrand
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by candybrand on Jan 15, 12 3:23 PM
wonderful game, loved it, played for three days, just took my time, glad i brought it, sorry BF if i was at the wrong place at frist, just excited i guess, thanks BF for a enjoyeable game, i rate this game 10 of 10

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Jan 15, 12 3:50 PM
I originally rated this one not high on my list, but still maybe. I ended up purchasing the game anyway and I am really glad I did. Once you got into the game, you started to understand it more.

This is one of the best games I have played in a very long time. Probably the longest game I have played in even a longer time. Bonus was very short, but the main game makes up for it. Extremely happy with the CE purchase.

[Post New]by silent_pepper on Jan 16, 12 6:23 PM
I've played Grim Tales - The Bride, I like The Bride, probably I will like this one too,
the artwork and movie looks really promising,
will review later

emmyjayne
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,375 Posts

[Post New]by emmyjayne on Jan 17, 12 8:29 AM
This was an excellent game. Wonderful game play and puzzles (some were very tricky!). Artwork was lovely, although it did not fill my widescreen. I found the pulsing/glowing Hint button distracting but that's my only complaint. Very long game play for me and just overall an awesome job by Elephant Games. Well done!

capipe
Guppy
Guppy
179 Posts

[Post New]by capipe on Jan 18, 12 2:23 PM
ok. i've been playing off and on for hours and only on chapter 3-gives you an idea of the length. i'm an average player. am on the casual mode,thank goodness, because i need hints. this has to be the most creative and clever game that i;ve ever played. graphics are outstanding and level of play can be difficult. lots of puzzles-some easy and some hard; typical hidden object but cool settings so i don't mind them. it must have taken the developers a long time to create this because it's so well done. i have to take breaks here and there because it really is an involved game. i love it and think it's worth every penny. i think it's probably the best game over all that i've ever played-and i've played/bought alot. it's a true adventure that's so well done that i'm amazed. i use the hints alot and they are great because they give you the next thing to do. the map lets you click on where you want to go so no wandering around...love that. hint system's so good that i haven't used the strategy guide much but it's there. phew-longest review that i've ever given. i'm impressed...

[Post New]by keesacat2 on Jan 20, 12 11:02 AM

Edited on 01/20/2012 at 2:06:08 PM PST

BigTfromAV
Guppy
Guppy
139 Posts

Re:Reviews for Grim Tales: The Legacy Collector's Edition - Game Length

[Post New]by BigTfromAV on Jan 20, 12 11:54 AM
This is one of the longest games I've played in ages. Just when I think I must be to the end, there's another chapter. It's well done, the puzzles are tough but not too tough. Good graphics. Love this one a lot & would recommend. Worth the CE.

Edited on 01/20/2012 at 11:56:09 AM PST

k95401
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by k95401 on Jan 20, 12 8:37 PM
Im not sure why this game has turned a few off.
I have played every hidden object/adventure game worth playing for 5+ years at BF. I have purchased 60+ games, some CE and some SE.
Elephant games are the one to watch. I have totally given up on ERS, but still wait in total anticipation every Thankgiving for a new MCF, which I have loved every one.
This game has been poorly reviewed by those that have just completed the demo. Do not listen to those reviews. This game is Loooong and awesome and relivant and difficult, fun and exiting.
I have never skipped so many mini games, only to anticipate my return on a new game using the SG to complete. This game is cavier and is completely encompasing the reason I play casual games.
Kuddos to Elephant. They have taken it a step above all else and deserve to be acknowledged. The interactive map with tasks is super awesome. I love this game. Haters, not sure whats up with that. What does it take to be satisfied?

silverink
Minnow
Minnow
200 Posts

[Post New]by silverink on Jan 27, 12 8:45 AM
This was an excellent game in almost every way. It had it all - excellent adventure elements, great graphics with a large environment to explore, and a perfect balance of inventive puzzles and hidden objects scenes that never repeated. The game was also quite challenging and very long. The bonus game was good as well.

I only had a few complaints, which really could have made this game top of the line. One is that the story was not very deep or well developed – the game could have definitely been better in that area, with more suspense and depth. This was needed in The Bride as well, but more so in this game, in my opinion. Maybe some more interesting journal entries, and notes found around the manor that added some element of suspense and intrigue – it was pretty bare bones in this regard.

Also, while the game was still quite challenging on the advanced mode, there were things that could have made it even better. There were too many instances where information popped up when you clicked on a hot spot telling you exactly what to do – I tried on the hardest level, and the same was true. Also, the in-game tips should have been more vague – just to point you in the right direction. Unfortunately they spelled out exactly what was needed next, when all that should have been provided was a hint – not specifics. For example: ‘go to the living room next and look around’ – instead of ‘go to the living room, use the tongs in the fireplace to pull out the coin and place on the table to generate the puzzle,’ etc…

In spite of its few flaws, it was an excellent, fun, long and wonderful game!!

[Post New]by feenix2011 on Jan 27, 12 3:41 PM
I finished this game (finally!!) last weekend, but never got around to reviewing it. I started a review a few weeks ago but had to quit the game due to length. Well, I absolutely loved this game. Maybe a few too many HOS, but overall a great, fun game. Some of the mini games were torture for me (!) so I had to skip them,which I really don't like to do. But I must say this was a real treat of a game. Enough said!!

feenix

[Post New]by hideobjectaddict on Feb 4, 12 8:17 PM
Rebeca_Lily wrote:It's a great pleasure to add to my favorites a "little Dumbo" (Elephant game)...

Dark story (vampires), stunning graphics, and an add of "gamma" fix in the options. Hint system very helpful - thanks for the help out the HOS screens.
Hints recharge very fast.

A MAP, seems to allow jump from location to location (YAY)!!!

6 chapters - total 58 pages (above average).
Bonus chapter - 10 pages.

Quite a long story.

Thanks developers, thanks BF!

Absolutely a "DITTO" from me RL!! Thanks for saying it for me. This game has blown me away, amazing graphics, glad I left the lights on, what a hint system & last but definately not least, What A MAP!!! We want more, we want more...

sciencegal
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by sciencegal on Feb 5, 12 1:31 PM
I'll make this short and to the point.....LOVE this game. These Elephant game developers have me the moment that I see their logo. I'll buy everytime!!

bluecat434
Clownfish
Clownfish
858 Posts

[Post New]by bluecat434 on Feb 6, 12 1:22 AM
thanks, elephant games.

those who tend to like mini-games/puzzles will be pleased; this was a great collection. much variety, a good deal of head-scratching, a few relaxing ones to coast with. not just the usual suspects, plenty of replay value. imo, it doesn't get much better.

Edited on 02/06/2012 at 1:23:58 AM PST

Great Game!

[Post New]by Dominick_Fontana on Feb 11, 12 9:42 PM
This review is based on the entire CE of the game. Most of the accolades have already been bestowed and I agree with them, so I'll just make a few points.

I don't like HOS, but this game only had 30 of them. 26 in the 6 chapters of the game and 4 in the Bonus chapter. Plus, there was no random-click penalty and the Hint (and Skip) meters recharged quickly. The point is that if you don't really like HOS, the ones in this game won't really detract from your enjoyment of it because it plays more like an Adventure game,

There were voices, but you don't really interact with the characters. They mostly just appear during the cut scenes at the beginning and end of chapters. Many of the puzzles were different and fun. There were many locations and things to do, not too much going back and forth, and the interactive map was fantastic. There is no Journal, but the Map has a task list for each scene, The music was nondescript and didn't play throughout the game.

One error I saw was that for the legend in the Map, it shows the graphics for Outside, Ground Floor, First Floor, and Underground. I didn't understand what the difference was between the Ground Floor and the First Floor. It turns out they made a mistake and the First Floor legend actually represented the Second Floor.

All in all, a great game and I highly recommend it. Two thumbs up from me.

I rate this game a 9 out of 10.

Cyndo123
Shark
Shark
14,957 Posts

[Post New]by Cyndo123 on Feb 13, 12 12:41 PM
I know I am late to the party but I wanted to throw my 2 cents in!

This is one fantastic game. I have played for hours and with each new scene that opened was totally awed by my surroundings. Elephant games ? You are number 1 in my book! Thanks!

[Post New]by micheleappleyard on Feb 16, 12 2:57 PM
ranger05 wrote:Already annoyed and I have only played about 30 seconds. Whenever the cursor turns into a magnifying glass there is a black pop-up box that tells you what it is. As if I can't tell it is trash in the road or a pothole. Will eventually play whole demo, but if this is true for the whole game, I won't be buying it. And it looks like a good story.

I tried in all modes and it is the same.

In hard mode nothing pops up. It is the best game and one of the hardest I have played in quite some time.

You should try it again in the regular game though.

Snaffled
Marlin
Marlin
9,392 Posts

[Post New]by Snaffled on Mar 6, 12 6:50 AM
Great graphics, this characteristic can make or break a game as far as I am concerned... these are not too cartoonish which is a plus. I like the map interaction with the detailing of the game's goals, don't care for the clunky custom cursor .... it didn't respond well for me.

Go to: