Re:Welcome to Return to Mysterious Island forum

[Post New]by Jafell on Jul 31, 09 7:51 AM
Any tips for getting past the monkeys. I've spent an hour here and just can't shoot fast enough I guess.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Aug 1, 09 11:37 AM
Look for another way in. You'll need a pickaxe and a lantern.

[Post New]by toshellbell on Aug 3, 09 1:07 PM
I can't find the nails in the Granite House, but have picked up the hammer, screwdriver, iron fillings,and roll of wire. Could someone tell me where they are exactly and what they look like? Thanks

[Post New]by shylow49 on Aug 5, 09 10:49 AM
where do you find the walk through? & I'm stuck at the cave can't find a lantern or candle, I have candle wax.
boy do you ever have to use your head on this game.

MAC Help please - Return to Mysterious Island forum

[Post New]by Windrider88 on Aug 7, 09 1:09 PM
Ok so I am trying to play the demo for this game on my MAC and it seems, well buggy. If I move a millimeter the screen goes round and round and round. Is this just indicative of the MAC version or just the demo? I love adventure games but won't buy this if this is how the full version is too.

I found a walkthrough here: http://www.gameboomers.com/wtcheats/pcRr/ReturnMysteriousIsland.htm

[Post New]by cal_poppy2002 on Aug 19, 09 1:37 PM
Is anyone still playing this game? Do you know where I find the match to light the cannon?

[Post New]by kiwien on Sep 3, 09 8:53 AM
Is there a strategy guide for Return to Mysterious Island.

[Post New]by bettie37 on Sep 3, 09 7:54 PM
I cannot get out of first scene. Has no instruction. I am going to try reinstalling the game. If that does not work, I will try to get my money back. Unless someone has an idea they can share with me.

JrBrett1 re:bricks

[Post New]by sunlvr471 on Sep 6, 09 11:47 AM
you don't put the bricks on the wheel. You go down to the lake and get another pawprint out of the mud and throw it on the wheel and spin it.
good luck and happy playing!

jafell re: monkeys

[Post New]by sunlvr471 on Sep 6, 09 11:49 AM
you don't go that way. will have a back way at it when you get to an area down the way where there are cement stairs that are broken. Make sure the bricks you use to try and repair those steps have been fired or they won't let you use them.

tayelle4

[Post New]by sunlvr471 on Sep 6, 09 11:53 AM
Some of the items in your inventory can be put together to make other things.
ie: worms, curled thorns, rope made from coconut husk and stick. makes fishing pole, That is how you empty some of your inventory space. You can also seperate some of the items you make to break them down to their former individual items when you move it over to the left hand space that has the wrench in it.
Good luck and happy playing

regarding elderberry pith

[Post New]by sunlvr471 on Sep 6, 09 11:55 AM
That is a plant with purple berries. you need to cut them off

swhite21
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by swhite21 on Sep 6, 09 1:01 PM
[b]can someone tell me how to get the thingy for the hook and where do I find how to get the food meter on her to the top I have eaten everything except the green coconuts

sunfed
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by sunfed on Sep 7, 09 8:18 AM
I'm fairly new on the boards here but have been a member @ BF for a couple of years.

I'd like to suggest that when peeps post, they be a bit more descriptive in the subject line instead of simply typing "Return to Mysterious Island " or PLEASE HELP!
it would be much easier for others looking for relevant answers to questions on certain situations.

Thanks to all..........

Great game, BTW...
Thanks BF!

[Post New]by Sablerain on Sep 11, 09 9:36 PM
sunfed wrote:I'm fairly new on the boards here but have been a member @ BF for a couple of years.

I'd like to suggest that when peeps post, they be a bit more descriptive in the subject line instead of simply typing "Return to Mysterious Island " or PLEASE HELP!
it would be much easier for others looking for relevant answers to questions on certain situations.

Thanks to all..........

Great game, BTW...
Thanks BF!

Good idea Sunfed!

I just wanted to say that I loooove this game. It reminds me of the Myst and Riven games. I can't believe I get so much content for the price. There is so much to do. There are even multiple endings. I can't wait to get started on the sequel.

extexan
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by extexan on Sep 17, 09 2:59 AM
cal_poppy2002 wrote:Is anyone still playing this game? Do you know where I find the match to light the cannon?

dixielady627g
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,216 Posts

[Post New]by dixielady627g on Sep 17, 09 3:34 PM
I don't remember where the match is (or if I ever found it! ) but if you start a new post, you'll probably get answered sooner. Good luck!

Marme6
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by Marme6 on Sep 17, 09 3:49 PM
Once the cannon was loaded, the match automatically appeared for me and the sites were set on the area to hit the robot. Hope this helps. What is the "Gallery" that Mina keeps referring to - says to go there for "surprise".

[Post New]by JCGlobal on Sep 18, 09 9:46 PM
I read the message on the seal and I still can't find it Help

[Post New]by tohard on Oct 9, 09 4:18 PM
can some one help me, I'm stuck on the beach. I have eaten the aggs crabs and eggs. Have nothng else to eat. have yellow coconuts and muchroom but can't eat them. how do i make a fishing hook? I have the stick worms and coconut string? it won't let me use the nail as a hook and i don't have any thing to bend it with to make a hook???? help me please

Go to: