ELadyG1013
Guppy
Guppy
133 Posts

Re:Reviews for Witches' Legacy: The Charleston Curse Collector's Edition

[Post New]by ELadyG1013 on Jan 22, 12 12:19 PM
This was a nice game, the graphics were very nice, a mixture of hidden objects, and as a very nice change.....the little girl alerting to put torn clues together for more info. I personally thought that was so cute ! The game was also comical at times,like the doorknob with a cold.....hilarious !! I finished it rather quickly though....even the extra content was kinda short, at least to me it was. Still, this was a very good game in my opinion.

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on Jan 23, 12 3:37 PM
Just finished the game and really enjoyed it! The only thing I found as a "con" was the curser was dark and when it turned to a hand, it was also dark and you didn't really know it had turned. HOGs were there, but easy so you could get through them, which made them fun, quickly and continue the game. Hint button took about a minute, however, I really relied on it to find my way around in this game. A lot of places to go, things to do and people to see. LOL. Felt I got my moneys worth as the bonus game was fun too.

Sheerija
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,451 Posts

[Post New]by Sheerija on Jan 24, 12 4:48 AM
I am so sorry I have come to the end of this game, it was so enjoyable to play. Every aspect of it was carefully thought through and perfectly put together, resulting in a really excellent piece of work. These developers have got in down pat.

There WERE a lot of HOGS but in this game I did not mind this because they were so colourful, clear and sharp, I actually looked forward to them, and I have never been able to say THAT before.

I loved the music, so pleasant and relaxing. I cannot fault this game on any level at all, it was just terrific.

I wish other devs would realise that it is possible to write a supernatural story, but set it in really lovely, bright, vibrant settings, without detracting from the underlying spookiness and sadness of the character who needs to be rescued, and the evilness of the villain. In fact it gives the game a sort of alluring, magical feel that is truly intriguing.

I get so tired of games set in grey, gloomy locations with not a vestige of colour and nothing but crumbling derelict buildings, that have me so depressed, not to mention bored, I cannot wait to get shot of them. Or games that are so glitchy they drive you to the edge of reason.

The BC in this game was utterly amazing. There was one point in it, just after the 1st drawing, after reading the journal entry that followed it, when I had to stop playing and go dry my eyes. It got me right in the heart.

Hats off to these very talented devs. Keep them coming guys, I for one, will gobble them up.

Par excellence.

iamlindy
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

[Post New]by iamlindy on Jan 25, 12 4:17 PM
Here I was thinking I am getting a little bored with finding things in cluttered areas and waiting for the hint button to reload. Then this delightful game comes along. Just enough to make you hunt but not so much that you want to quit! And lots of things made me smile or just laugh out loud. Little things make a huge difference with this game. There is a lot to do so far and I haven't finished the demo. I am really, really liking this game a whole bunch. Little details that don't necessarily do anything for the actual game play like swatting the hula girl in the car but are totally fun to look for. I love the door knob that has the sniffles. Very creative! Thanks for this one. I am so happy to see this kind of game come along.

[Post New]by duckgirl722 on Jan 26, 12 9:22 AM
I just played the demo for this game though I don't think I will buy it Is it just me or do some parts of the game appears stretched on my screen? And the hidden obj scenes are kind of grainy and hard to look at for a long time in my opinion... Although the animations are nice and I do love that doorknob with the cold

[Post New]by feenix2011 on Jan 27, 12 6:04 PM
I guess I'm alone on my opinion of this one. I have read the reviews and am glad so many reviewers liked this game. I, however, am not sure if I will try the whole game or not. (only played the demo.) The graphics remind me of (and I'm sure the Mods will remove this part!!), early 2007, 2008 Ravenhurst games. I don't like games with real actors mostly because they aren't that good and annoy me. I may give this game another chance, but for now for me its a no go.

feenix

JoAus
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by JoAus on Jan 27, 12 10:03 PM
I found this game so incredibly dull. It relied so heavily on hidden object scenes and the storyline and imagery were also boring. I've found a few games boring recently; a few more like this and I'll be withdrawing my membership. Definitely not worthy of CE.

Liasmani
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
19,504 Posts

[Post New]by Liasmani on Jan 31, 12 10:16 AM
Fun Factor: 4.5 stars
Visual/Sound Quality: 4 stars
Level of Challenge: 4 stars
Average Rating: 4 stars

Pros:Good graphics and sounds, variety of puzzles, plenty of location to visit

Cons: Trekking (for those who hate it,) slight error with journal entry after picking a note at the balcony; texts bunched together towards the bottom.

Disclaimer: This review is based on the game's demo.

Good Game

[Post New]by Dominick_Fontana on Feb 1, 12 6:31 AM
This was a good game and I liked it. Many people have mentioned the good points and I tend to agree with those points. So I will focus on what I didn't like about the game.

There was a lot of going back and forth, the hint and skip meters did not recharge quickly, and some of the terminology they used made it a little difficukt to figure out some things. Also, the Task List was very basic. There were tons of things to do and sometimes when you found an item that you knew you needed, it was a little tough to remember what scene to go to in order to use the item.

As far as the HOS go, there weren't that many at first, but gradually there were more and more until the end where the game became a succession of HOS. Here's the breakdown of the HOS:

Main Game: 19 HOS
Bonus: 7 HOS
Total: 26 HOS

Now, 26 HOS is not bad at all ( assuming you don't like HOS.) However, there were only 3 HOS in the first 3 chapters. Then there were 16 in the last 4 chapters and 7 in the Bonus game. So the longer you played, the more HOS there were. They weren't that bad though, since it was easy to get around the random-click penalty.

Also, the Bonus was a bit of a rip-off. It was very short and I completed it in half an hour, and that includes the 7 HOS. The main game took me about 6 hours to complete.

The bottom line is the mini-games were very good and the game was fun to play. I rate the main game 9 out of 10 and the Bonus Game 7 out of 10.

Edited on 02/01/2012 at 6:35:10 AM PST

[Post New]by cde456 on Feb 7, 12 12:28 PM
Sorry I bought this game. I enjoyed the beginning but am totally frustrated by the lack of a map. One spends too much time clicking from one location to the next. And there are so many places to go, it takes forever to get anywhere in the game. I may be half way done, and don't think I will finish it!

bratzgram
Clownfish
Clownfish
634 Posts

[Post New]by bratzgram on Feb 8, 12 5:19 AM
Just finished this and it's one of the best games I have played! The length was fantastic and the game play couldn't have been better. The hint system couldn't have been better. I never had to use the strategy guide!

It takes a special game to really keep me into the storyline and this one did. I have no reregrets here at all!

gamer_girl_09
Guppy
Guppy
113 Posts

[Post New]by gamer_girl_09 on Feb 8, 12 9:47 AM
**MY OPINION** Great game, the ending definitely leaves it open for continuing. Even in regular mode it makes the player think, so it might be a little frustrating for beginners, but a quick glance at the strategy guide will help.

**SL (Story Line)** Very well thought out, consistent through out the game, stays on focus and each chapter pertains to it.

**STRATEGY GUIDE** It is in the CE version and even covers the bonus extra play, but only goes to chapter 2 in the trial version.

**SCREEN MODES** Full screen or Wide Screen (the game opened on my widescreen laptop without having to choose that filled the entire screen.

**CURSOR** you have the option of regular or custom. I played with custom and not problems at all.

**SOUND** You can contol music, game sound, and voice overs separately in the "options" panel.

**PLAY MODES** There were two types: Regular and Expert. Regular mode the skip feature and hints recharged faster and there were active areas to show areas that needed to be investigated further. Expert mode the skip feature and hints recharged slower and there were no active areas shown.

**INTERACTIVE HELP** you have the option of choosing if you would like to use it or not.

**GRAPHICS** were great, automatically opened in wide screen on my laptop.

**VOICE OVERS** this game has it and you can control the volume of it in the "Options" panel. They were much more realistic than some games in that the child didn't sound like an adult trying to talk "child talk".

**MAP** There was no map, but it would have been nice. There was a lot of moving back and forth that took several clicks each time, but still it didn't take away any postitives of this game.

**PUZZLES** I am a huge fan of puzzles, and really enjoyed these. To me, they were not difficult to work, the challenge was figuring out the best solution, (or steps in getting from point A to point Z) the steps in between.

**HOS (Hidden Object Scenes)** Not difficult. Objects that are in clear view written in black, and the objects you need to interact in order to find are written in green. There were a few items that I had clicked on several times and finally gave up and used a hint and it turned out to be the item I had been clicking on, so a few of them (not many) you will have to click in just the right spot. There were also a few items that took 3 steps to complete.

**HINTS** They simply recharge at different rates depending on play mode and nothing to collect

Edited on 02/08/2012 at 3:06:52 PM PST

kayC89
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by kayC89 on Feb 8, 12 1:42 PM
Just completed the game, including the bonus gameplay, really enjoyed it. The storyline was gripping and the graphics very impressive. The hint system was helpful and puzzles were challenging (a little too challenging in a couple of places, but the built in strategy guide stopped me from loosing my cool on the rare occasions where I felt a bit lost). One of my favorite things about this game was the live speech and action. So often in hidden object games players are left with just a block of silent text to read while a dodgy two dimensional spirit floats on screen. Thankfully this game avoided this particular common pitfall, which in my opinion cheapens and devalues the hidden object world. If you like Drawn, Fear for sale, or Surface, then you'll love Witches Legacy: The Charleston Curse.
9/10

roaming
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

[Post New]by roaming on Feb 8, 12 10:38 PM
I will NEVER play a game that has picture hints in hidden object scenes instead of words.

bluesinew
Minnow
Minnow
231 Posts

Great Game plus this one saves your profile.

[Post New]by bluesinew on Feb 19, 12 6:08 AM
Great game... not a lot of needless HOG scenes ... and this one saves your profile. Unlike my last purchase, that didn't. Highly recommend this game!

[Post New]by josiekatz on Mar 4, 12 4:45 PM
Absolutely loved the CE version of this game. Great story line, graphics and voice-overs. Some of the mini games were new, but not horribly tough. I don't play very long at a time so it took me several days to finish which I really liked. Kinda wished there was a map so I could bounce around to the various areas, but not a big deal. I really love the fact it used real people in parts of it, almost like it gives it a spookier feel.
So glad I got the CE version with the extra game on the end.
Great job!!

mariannequilts
Flounder
Flounder
2,146 Posts

[Post New]by mariannequilts on Apr 4, 12 12:09 PM
I bought the CE, but this was not one of my favs. For me anyway, the colors were drab and that detracts from my game enjoyment. There are a lot of H0s in this game which will please some. I felt that everything got very repetitious and I became very bored.

jillaroogirl
Minnow
Minnow
299 Posts

[Post New]by jillaroogirl on Apr 20, 12 9:29 PM
Just finished the game and thought it was good. Although there were quite a few HOS I found them relazing due to the clear pictures and ease of play. The graphics were good and the music non-intrusive. Took me roughly 5 hours of game play including the bonus game. Most likely will buy the sequel.

[Post New]by feenix2011 on Jul 23, 12 11:41 AM
Just finished playing the main game (on easy as always), didn't play bonus game yet. Well, when I finally found the crowbar (as i previously complained about), the game progressed fairly smoothly. My usual complaint, of course, is the HOS. And it always seems they get more and more frequent as you near the end of the game. So aggravating, cuz by that time I'm bored and want to see how the game finishes and my patience level is getting lower by the minute!! The minigames were pretty easy and the hint button (which I used alot in the HOS to get through them) filled up pretty fast. Graphics were so so - reminded me of older games. The organ music drove me absolutely crazy!! BORING!! The other music not so bad. All in all, an O.K. game - too much back and forth, tho. I'm exhausted!

feenix

lisablue4369
Flounder
Flounder
2,105 Posts

[Post New]by lisablue4369 on Dec 24, 12 3:51 AM
this was a fun and nice long game. puzzles were great.-----------doug & lisa

Go to: