capipe
Guppy
Guppy
179 Posts

Re:Post any Otherworld: Spring of Shadows Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by capipe on Jan 23, 12 8:27 PM
diamondgirlva wrote:I purchased this game and when I get to the butterfly garden there is on last jewel that I click on and it WILL NOT let me pick it up. Can't progress any further in game.
Anyone else with this issue?

yes- i have the same issue with the same jewel. it's the orange tear drop.

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

Re:Post any Otherworld: Spring of Shadows Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Jan 23, 12 9:00 PM
Hi there,
I am also one of those who have a "white screen" and nothing else.
The specs for my computer are much "better" than those recommended for the game here, and I have all of the latest drivers etc.
I suggest that all of us who have problems with this game, run Dr Felix and send the report to CS so that the devs etc can account for all of the various platforms and computer configurations that are having problems.
Cheers

emmydog
Guppy
Guppy
175 Posts

[Post New]by emmydog on Jan 23, 12 10:14 PM
I'm also unable to pick up the orange gem. It's too bad, it's a beautiful game. Is there any sign of a patch yet?

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Jan 23, 12 10:26 PM
Hi there emmydog,
It seems that the problem you described is a common one for this game.
Please run Dr Felix and send the report to CS so that the devs etc can account for all of the various platforms and computer configurations that are having problems to enable a proper fix for all.
Cheers

[Post New]by dylansmom1979 on Jan 23, 12 11:13 PM
I have Windows XP, I have latest flash player, shockwave and all other players are up to date as well. Everytime I try to play the demo, it says ACCESS VIOLATION.

I have exited the game, exited the Game Manager and even uninstalled then reinstalled the game but still get the error. It acts like its going to start, I even hear the games music for a few seconds while it also looks as if the game is going to load.

But then I get a pop up saying Access Violation with a bunch of letters and numbers then I click ok, it exits the game.

How can get around this? I really would like to play this demo.

Edited on 01/24/2012 at 12:10:27 AM PST

diamondgirlva
Minnow
Minnow
283 Posts

[Post New]by diamondgirlva on Jan 24, 12 9:05 AM
I have all the latest update to things as well...have sent a Dr Felix...but nothing is working. I am runing Window XP as well...HOPING they get these Issues FIXED(HINT to Administrators)soon. I really would like to play this game.

babbydoll1201
Minnow
Minnow
281 Posts

[Post New]by babbydoll1201 on Jan 24, 12 9:56 AM
I AM SO BUMMED ABOUT THIS GAME. I have uninstalled & reinstalled, changed profiles but still can not pick up the orange gem....what a rip...I am soooo glad I did not purchase this game....I was going to too.....big technical problem! Frustrating because I loved the game!! Boo Hoo

poggyapoo
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by poggyapoo on Jan 24, 12 10:05 AM
The glass cutter will not work for me either on the stained glass, after the first two cuts! Grrrrrrr!! How annoying!!! Tried numerous ways to get it to work but......NO!
C'mon pull up yer britches and fix these glitches!

deejae101
Guppy
Guppy
147 Posts

[Post New]by deejae101 on Jan 24, 12 12:13 PM
I've had several issues with clicking in things, including the orange jewel. But I stubbornly just kept clicking and clicking and finally it registered.

I also had the same problem with clicking on the wooden puzzles pieces in the box on the 2nd floor of the house, but after backing out and trying again, it finally let me take it.

During the whole game I've had problems clicking on things, and have to keep clicking and clicking and finally it works ~ not sure why this would be. Very very stubborn game.

But now, I'm having a problem where I am stuck for sure and can't get anywhere. When you get into the cave at the lake, there's a puzzle you solve which unlocks a path to the hobgoblin. Once you complete this, according to the strategy guide, you're supposed to be able to pick 3 jewels out of the goblin's face. But my cursor turns into a magnifying glass instead of the normal cursor that you can use to click on things, and I'm unable to get the jewels, and now I can't progress in the game.

Anyone else having this problem? Guess I'll have to email tech support.

[Post New]by Mima51 on Jan 24, 12 2:17 PM
sonofstar wrote:I played the demo, downloaded the full version and have gotten quite a ways before coming to what I believe to be a glitch.

SPOILER ALERT

When in the house near the chapel and trying to make the stained glass, I have the glass cutter and it allowed me to cut the first piece of glass. After that, I can turn the pages of the book, drag the glass cutter over the black line of the second piece, click on the hint button which insists I repeat that action, and nothing happens. It only accepted the glass cutter and its action once; after that, it stopped accepting that input though the rest of the game has been working fine.

Mine is the same problem. Cannot make satained glass.
Any solution? Thanks.

[Post New]by Mima51 on Jan 24, 12 2:19 PM
sonofstar wrote:I played the demo, downloaded the full version and have gotten quite a ways before coming to what I believe to be a glitch.

SPOILER ALERT

When in the house near the chapel and trying to make the stained glass, I have the glass cutter and it allowed me to cut the first piece of glass. After that, I can turn the pages of the book, drag the glass cutter over the black line of the second piece, click on the hint button which insists I repeat that action, and nothing happens. It only accepted the glass cutter and its action once; after that, it stopped accepting that input though the rest of the game has been working fine.

Mine is the same problem. Can't make stained glass.
Any solution? Thanks.

tophen
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by tophen on Jan 24, 12 4:30 PM
have every thing working,but can not see pointer to do anything.have to shut computer down.this is third game that does this,

In village - lens on door not working

[Post New]by kateslove on Jan 24, 12 6:05 PM
Hey,

Bought this game from the maker, but ran into a glitch in the village. I got the lens out of the mailbox and activated the door puzzle, but even when I have the right order (according to the in game guide) it doesn't end. I am stuck in the lens game and because I am playing 'hardcore' I can't just skip.

Help!

[Post New]by moffy1 on Jan 25, 12 4:31 AM
have xp not vista and I too had great trouble getting star and moon to stick to gate then key refused to go in lock, re entering scene didn't help either. Have just started this game and am almost "over it" already and ready to quit.

sonofstar
Herring
Herring
361 Posts

[Post New]by sonofstar on Jan 25, 12 6:51 AM
Spiffee wrote:Like Sonofstar, I also am having the same problem with the glass cutter. It stops working after the first use.

After reading all the remarks, I hope they have a patch out very soon. It's the first game I have bought in quite a while, and will now wait even longer before getting one that could be defective.

I'm on here looking to see if a patch is coming. I tried creating a new profile and playing the game all over again, only to get to the exact same spot and have the exact same problem. Very frustrating.

With the number of glitches showing up in this game, makes me wonder just how well the game developer betatested the game or if they were just in a hurry to release it. It's too bad, because otherwise, this is a nice game. One of the few recently that haven't been rabidly morbid.

Edited on 01/25/2012 at 6:52:14 AM PST

[Post New]by wpracine on Jan 25, 12 9:51 AM
diamondgirlva wrote:I purchased this game and when I get to the butterfly garden there is on last jewel that I click on and it WILL NOT let me pick it up. Can't progress any further in game.
Anyone else with this issue?

I had this same issue and did a Chat with the on-line tech help and they said there is a glitch in the program and the gal I talked to said she would report it. I had the exact same problem and she had me update my Flashplayer Shockwave players but that didn't help. They are looking into the problem.

azhigh
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by azhigh on Jan 25, 12 10:17 AM
Just adding my 2 cents, so they will see how many people have problems. I too get the dreaded "access violation" problem. Have consulted help pages, done everything mentioned there, uninstalled, reinstalled X 3. Oh well, maybe the developers, Big Fish, whoever will fix it. In the big picture of life, it does not really matter if I get to play.

Re:Post any Otherworld: Spring of Shadows CE Epilogue Technical issue

[Post New]by LMSchwartz01 on Jan 25, 12 11:26 AM
I went through the game and had a few glitches, as others have mentioned, but it was all good until the Epilogue. Some of the puzzles didn't work as they should -- having to click multiple times on an item and slow play -- but after I got into the burrow and picked up the shoe laces, the game kicked me out of the burrow and I could not pick up the pole ("poker"). Now wen I get back into the burrow, the poker is not there and I cannot proceed without it.

lindac1220
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

[Post New]by lindac1220 on Jan 25, 12 2:28 PM
I am having a different issue then what I have seen here, but this isn't the first time I have had this issue with games.
Fortunately for me I downloaded the trail instead of going stright to buy it. Once again, I have encountered another game that the cursor dissappears.
I have written everytime about this and did everything that the techies have suggested but to no avail.
Just seems as if I have this problem about 2 or 3 times a month.
Really dissappointed because I really wanted to play this game and probably buy it..

Lilly214
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by Lilly214 on Jan 25, 12 4:19 PM
I am frustrated to say the least regarding this game. Couldn't pick up the last amber gem in butterfly garden, tried everything from unloading to reloading, playing under different name, clicking on hint button to make sure it was the right gem, all in the trial version. Then I thought maybe if I purchase the game and get the full version - just maybe I wouldn't experience the same problem. WRONG!!! So many others are experiencing the same issue. Why doesn't the developer do something about this???!!! Don't they check on reviews posted here? I won't be purchasing any other games from this developer in the future. I am requesting a credit for this game.

Go to: