bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

Re:Comments for Overworld: Spring of Shadows CE

[Post New]by bella81762 on Jan 22, 12 1:08 PM
cbtx wrote:
bella81762 wrote:5 1/2 hoyurs main...off to do the bounus......

others devs .....this is what a lot want.....a great game with long play....

Wow----that's a good length----so we get quality as well as quantity.
I hope you will post how long the bonus takes.

bonus was about 1 hour 20 minutes...not the best length...but not awful either

fancyfish
Guppy
Guppy
135 Posts

[Post New]by fancyfish on Jan 22, 12 1:23 PM
Hmm I am trying to decide if i should spends my two credits on this or if it's worth the collectors edition. I sounds like a nice break from the way over done haunted house junk pile game and I'm for the most part tired of straight or mostly straight hogs (and I have a TON of hogs i haven't even played yet). I've been waiting for the next mystery trackers to come out though which i will be getting the collector's edition of but i need to use my credits before the month is up...

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Jan 22, 12 1:31 PM
fancyfish wrote:Hmm I am trying to decide if i should spends my two credits on this or if it's worth the collectors edition. I sounds like a nice break from the way over done haunted house junk pile game and I'm for the most part tired of straight or mostly straight hogs (and I have a TON of hogs i haven't even played yet). I've been waiting for the next mystery trackers to come out though which i will be getting the collector's edition of but i need to use my credits before the month is up...

like you i am tired of the same old fare offered by most devs....and till thursady had 2 credits,,,,i used to get at least 3 punchcards filled a month,, till all the games blurred togethers

that said,,,,i bought this one,, it is so different fun and long,,, the puzzles are nice a bit different,,, the hog scenes are all different types,,junk pile, riddle, fragmented, etc...and its a pretty long game....well worth it in my book

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

[Post New]by bribling on Jan 22, 12 1:32 PM
I found it to be pretty and somewhat unique with interesting puzzles. Unfortunately I also found it occasionally difficult to see items. The fairies are especially hard for me to see. I had a lot of trouble seeing the spiders in the spider puzzle too. Yes, I did move the vines. I did complete that puzzle but had to use one Hint and even then had difficulty seeing the spider (maybe because I didn't want to see it? Lol!).

Were the the SE I might possibly use a coupon to get it but I am afraid this one is not really for me.

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

[Post New]by cbtx on Jan 22, 12 1:52 PM
bella81762 wrote:
fancyfish wrote:Hmm I am trying to decide if i should spends my two credits on this or if it's worth the collectors edition. I sounds like a nice break from the way over done haunted house junk pile game and I'm for the most part tired of straight or mostly straight hogs (and I have a TON of hogs i haven't even played yet). I've been waiting for the next mystery trackers to come out though which i will be getting the collector's edition of but i need to use my credits before the month is up...

like you i am tired of the same old fare offered by most devs....and till thursady had 2 credits,,,,i used to get at least 3 punchcards filled a month,, till all the games blurred togethers

that said,,,,i bought this one,, it is so different fun and long,,, the puzzles are nice a bit different,,, the hog scenes are all different types,,junk pile, riddle, fragmented, etc...and its a pretty long game....well worth it in my book

That sums it up very nicely, and the variety of things to do make it a double plus and holds my interest so much better----again, great game.

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

[Post New]by cbtx on Jan 22, 12 2:00 PM
Janie42 wrote:Not sure how ERS games got dragged into this thread for a BoomZap game? But...
BoomZap beats ERS hands-down any day IMO.

BoomZap games are original, creative & fun with many unique & clever puzzles at every turn. BoomZap is NOT a game mill like ERS.

The debut of a "true" hardcore" mode (no text spoilers) is something players have been asking for for ages--BoomZap got busy & delivers this to us now!

Meanwhile, ERS continues to make its games easier & easier & shorter & shorter.
All while using same story, repetitive HOS, & recycled art & music assets too.

ERS does have very tough competition.
In fact, many regular gamers no longer bother with ERS, except maybe as the Daily Deal.

Just check what the professional review site (starts with "G") has to say about ERS's most recent game: not a good review at all & not good predictions for where ERS is going either.

Luckily we have devs like BoomZap!

I went to the site you suggested and gosh, I'm tough on them? Even the pro reviewers are talking about the same issues with the same complaints----must be something to it. Oh well, the fans of ERS are certainly entitled to their view and their right to express same because we certainly don't want them to get mad and leave. I think.

Edited on 01/22/2012 at 2:05:04 PM PST

dakini
Guppy
Guppy
152 Posts

[Post New]by dakini on Jan 22, 12 2:12 PM
Really enjoyed this game. I'll read the reviews later to see if it's a must have CE or if I can wait for the SE. I love winning awards for finding things, wonder if the same will be true in the SE.

doccat5
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by doccat5 on Jan 22, 12 9:24 PM
I love BoomZap games, and this one was especially intriguing. I rarely buy CE's but I just had to have this one. Their graphics are so amazing and the play in this one is especially good. I found some of the mini games quite a challenge, but so far they come in a wide variety of puzzles. I'm really enjoying the game.

[Post New]by CasualGamePlayer on Jan 23, 12 1:08 AM
This is my first post and I don't know where to write this posting but...
Actually, I am very unhappy at how some reviews for new games that have turned out to be attacks or swipes at some game developers and I think I will no longer read the comments section and not sure if I will be reading reviews anymore either.The comments today were far too snide about the 'once great developer but no longer'. Of course everyone is entitiled to their opinion but create a thread for the things you dislike about the said developer and keep to reviewing the game at hand. I wish BF would look more closely as I am unhappy and was irritated. One person replied to the initial critical post and in my opinion everyone seemed to gang up on that person. I too do not speak English as my first language and I feel inappropriate comments were made, 'play nice' indeed, stop the intial comments in reviews for new game and that may lead to hurt feelings. I believe it is very difficult to write clearly in English what is easy for native English language speakers.
I think I am in the silent majority who do not post,I have been a member for more that one year, and it seems clear to me that some regular posters have a big problem with a game developer, but I am tired of reading about it in the reviews and comments . Again, please post your displeasure of that game company in a separate thread.

Edited on 01/23/2012 at 8:26:46 PM PST

[Post New]by CasualGamePlayer on Jan 23, 12 1:21 AM
On a more postive note, many thanks to the reviewers who post describing their likes and dislikes of the game featured it is very much appreciated. I am probably not the average players as I think I am much younger than most people and very very busy with work, studies, and social life. It is (usually) great to read the reviews to decide which game I will trial as I do not have time to trial every day.
A special mention to LovetoMissLisa and CasualGran,texttrekkie. Your posts stand out for me as they as clear and easy to read on all the main points of a new game, many thanks indeed. Of course many others as well, too many to mention but I thought I would give my thanks as I don't know if I will ever post again.
Happy gaming everyone

Edited on 01/23/2012 at 8:04:27 PM PST

remmah17
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by remmah17 on Jan 23, 12 1:41 AM
IT'S a excellent game,I love the graphics, story line and the fact there's no hidden objects just find 10 of something etc. Well done devs. Fully recommend this game!!!

[Post New]by JirafaVanidosa on Jan 23, 12 2:42 AM
CasualGamePlayer wrote:This is my first post and I don't know where to write this posting but...
Actually, I am very unhappy at how some reviews for new games that have turned out to be attacks or swipes at some game developers and I think I will no longer read the comments section and not sure if I will be reading reviews anymore either.The comments today were far too snide about the 'once great developer but no longer'. Of course everyone is entitiled to their opinion but create a thread for the things you dislike about the said developer and keep to reviewing the game at hand. I wish BF would look more closely as I am unhappy and was irritated. One person replied to the initial critical post and in my opinion everyone seemed to gang up on that person. I too do not speak English as my first language and I feel inappropriate comments were made, 'play nice' indeed, stop the intial comments in reviews for new game and that may not lead to hurt feelings. I believe it is very difficult to write clearly in English what is easy for native English language speakers.
I think I am in the silent majority who do not post,I have been a member for more that one year, and it seems clear to me that some regular posters have a big problem with a game developer, but I am tired of reading about it in the reviews and comments . Again, please post your displeasure of that game company in a separate thread.

Absolutely agree!!!

hannah57
Clownfish
Clownfish
760 Posts

[Post New]by hannah57 on Jan 23, 12 5:31 AM
I bought the game with 7 min. left on the trial because I knew I'd love it, and I do. It doesn't have hidden objct scenes but you have to find 10 objects. I don't care who the developer is, that isn't important to me. If some company makes a good game, I like ie it, I buy it,

hannah57
Clownfish
Clownfish
760 Posts

[Post New]by hannah57 on Jan 23, 12 5:32 AM
I bought the game with 7 min. left on the trial because I knew I'd love it, and I do. It doesn't have hidden objct scenes but you have to find 10 objects. I don't care who the developer is, that isn't important to me. If some company makes a good game, I like it, I buy it,

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Jan 23, 12 6:26 AM
hannah57 wrote:I bought the game with 7 min. left on the trial because I knew I'd love it, and I do. It doesn't have hidden objct scenes but you have to find 10 objects. I don't care who the developer is, that isn't important to me. If some company makes a good game, I like it, I buy it,

wait till you get further, it has almost every type of hog scene the is..junkpile, fractured, riddles, etc..

its awesome,,and a very decent length

gmac1007
Clownfish
Clownfish
569 Posts

[Post New]by gmac1007 on Jan 23, 12 10:46 AM
CasualGamePlayer wrote:This is my first post and I don't know where to write this posting but...
Actually, I am very unhappy at how some reviews for new games that have turned out to be attacks or swipes at some game developers and I think I will no longer read the comments section and not sure if I will be reading reviews anymore either.The comments today were far too snide about the 'once great developer but no longer'. Of course everyone is entitiled to their opinion but create a thread for the things you dislike about the said developer and keep to reviewing the game at hand. I wish BF would look more closely as I am unhappy and was irritated. One person replied to the initial critical post and in my opinion everyone seemed to gang up on that person. I too do not speak English as my first language and I feel inappropriate comments were made, 'play nice' indeed, stop the intial comments in reviews for new game and that may not lead to hurt feelings. I believe it is very difficult to write clearly in English what is easy for native English language speakers.

Ditto ! You go CasualGamePlayer

Edited on 01/23/2012 at 10:51:36 AM PST

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Jan 23, 12 2:35 PM
bella81762 wrote:

You said it. This is such a fun game. Developers need to put the "fun" back into games and more of these types of hog scenes which are more fun than the usual junkpile of blurry hard to find miniscule stuff.

tj1147
Clownfish
Clownfish
654 Posts

[Post New]by tj1147 on Jan 23, 12 2:35 PM
gmac1007 wrote:

Ditto ! You go CasualGamePlayer

I agree also. It could be very "off-putting" for players not familiar with many of the developers. Some may miss a game they would love just because of comparisons and negative comments about a particular developer. Just as everyone does not like the same types of games, everyone does not like all games by certain developers. That is no problem. Everyone IS different. I like to read the reviews that give a person's personal perspective about the aspects of a game - what they like about it, what they don't, why they would buy it or not. I don't care for "personal attacks" on any player - or on any developer.

Edited on 01/23/2012 at 2:39:56 PM PST

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jan 24, 12 2:05 PM
bella81762 wrote:bonus was about 1 hour 20 minutes...not the best length...but not awful either

The bonus game took me an hour and a half. Only one other CE ever gave me that long a bonus game. Don't ask me which, can't remember. LOL

Smallhaven
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,220 Posts

[Post New]by Smallhaven on Feb 1, 12 7:21 AM
Managed to get through last month and not breaking my 'no CE diet' in January. February is here so I downloaded the game and played about a half hour. Gorgeous graphics, lovely voice overs, intriguing storyline... but even in hard core mode - too easy for me and no need for the strategy guide. Now I vacillate on whether to spring for the CE knowing the bonus game play is long or wait for the SE. What to do what to do.

Go to: