diamondgirlva
Minnow
Minnow
283 Posts

Re:Thank you from the developers!

[Post New]by diamondgirlva on Jan 24, 12 9:11 AM
LOVE the game and would Really like to play it. I have all the lastest flash and shockwave update and have sent a Dr Felix report but can not get past the orange gem in the beginning. I really want to play this game so I hope you all can come up with a fix to this issue which a lot of us are experiencing as well as the other issues.

[Post New]by Crystalscove22 on Jan 24, 12 3:17 PM
I dont typically comment much..but I do have to say this game was wonderful! I own many games but have found CE's becoming very boring, simple and not worth the price with no challenges, just same ol' thing. This game came as a lovely surprise. the puzzles were awsome, and seemed to become more complicated as the game progressed which was also a plus! I can see that this was a huge undertaking and kudoos to you and your staff for making sure that these type of games are continueing to evolve into new and exciting fun. I played the game on hardcore. Loved the achievements...well loved everything and the Bonus chapter one of the best Ive played in a while! Thanks so much and keep these games coming!

MissAbby
Catfish
Catfish
1,709 Posts

[Post New]by MissAbby on Jan 24, 12 4:26 PM
Thank YOU BoomZap! Loved the game and all the extras. This one I will definitely play over..soon!
I have a question about who did the voice of the main character. It sounded very much like the British actress Jane Leeves who was on the US TV show "Frasier" and is now on "Hot in Cleveland". I didn't see the voice actors in the credits. It's just one of those little things that stick in your mind..and I have to know..LOL! Thanks again!
Abs

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Jan 24, 12 5:46 PM
Great game devs! Tons of fun in this one. Keep 'em coming, and I will keep buying. I do love your games.

[Post New]by WebsiteBoomzap on Jan 25, 12 11:56 PM
MissAbby wrote:I have a question about who did the voice of the main character. It sounded very much like the British actress Jane Leeves who was on the US TV show "Frasier" and is now on "Hot in Cleveland". I didn't see the voice actors in the credits. It's just one of those little things that stick in your mind..and I have to know..LOL!

Ah, no. I love Daphne as well, but the voice actress in this game is actually Bhama Roget, a professional actress working in Seattle. You can find her online as one of the characters in "Cookus Interruptus" - a hilarious web-cooking series that I recommend highly. She is the daughter in that show. She is also the narrator for both Dana Knightstone games and Awakening 2 and 3. You may not recognize her because she has taken on an English accent for the role in Otherworld. You can find her at the beginning of the latest MCF game as well - she is the newscaster using a different English accent. For those who have played Super Granny from Sandlot, she is also the voice of Granny in most of those...

Thanks for noticing we missed her in the credits. We'll be adding her in the credits in our next patched version. Can't believe we missed her out!

[Post New]by WebsiteBoomzap on Jan 26, 12 12:03 AM
DragonLadyOz wrote:Hi there WebsiteBoomzap,
It would be really great if I and others like me who have systems that far exceed the minimum requirements for this game and only get a white screen could make some encouraging posts.
I have run Dr Felix and sent my results off to CS - and encouraged others to do likewise.
I hope there is an easy solution to this and a fix will be here soon.
Cheers

Trust me when I say that nobody is more upset that you can't play our game than me. Obviously we test our games thoroughly with BFG before shipping them, and we would never release a game that had known defects in it that would prevent you from playing. That being said - there are millions of possible configurations for computer hardware, and we can't test for all of them before release. For whatever reason, a few machines will always have trouble on any software - especially graphics intensive software like games.

Obviously - anyone who can't play our games is someone who is not buying our games - and that's costing us money! So we'll do everything in our power to get things fixed - but to do that we need info about your system, and the *best* way to do that is to get that information to the experts at Tech Support at BFG. They will pass that info along to us, and we'll do the best we can to fix any problems.

Thanks so much!

cinfin
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by cinfin on Jan 26, 12 8:28 AM
The game is great and so intriguing. I do wish you would read all of the technical issues your players are having, myself included. I have a powerful computer and I am having issues that I have not had before with other games. Currently, I am stuck in the cabin not being able to cut glass for the stained glass picture in the chapel. I have read where two other players have the same problem. Thank you.

Janie42
Clownfish
Clownfish
598 Posts

[Post New]by Janie42 on Jan 28, 12 8:26 AM
Thanks Boomzap for an amazing & truly CE-worthy game.
And...
Congratulations:

This game scored the coveted perfect 5-star rating from the most popular, professional game review site !

Well deserved.

Otherworld is absolutely the most enjoyable game I've played in ages, everything I prefer in a game & more.
Loved the debut of Hardcore mode, too.
Worthwhile & challenging Bonus chapter.
Super long game.

In fact, all elements of this game show great love & polish in their development & design.

Best, thank you for the fresh & unique story & puzzles.
You bring new life back to the tired, same-old / same-old i-hog formula most other devs have been delivering.

Finally, I loved how cleverly you blended a modern day woman's world with the magical kingdom world & characters. I prefer playing a human character in games, rather than being some sort of fairy or whatever, so I found this especially satisfying.

Kudos on an excellent job, definitely a cut-above!

[Post New]by quarlesqueen on Jan 28, 12 9:58 AM
WOO HOO....Way to go BoomZap, a BRILLIANT game and the artwork is an amazing MASTERPEICE, a real feast for the eye's !!

I am a HUGE fan of BoomZap, and own everyone of your games, the Awakening series and the Dana Knightstone games-all awesome work, I must say .
But this game you all really out did yourselves, it reached another level in awesomeness, so FUN to play and totally worth the CE price.
The bonus game play was just that, a BONUS which you don't find in to many CE's anymore, was 100% satisfied with the entire game, so worth every cent paid.
My favorite part is the fantasy aspect, of the game with hobgoblins, water horses and fairy's, loved collecting the fairy's, that is always a bonus for me .
The magical garden was beautiful, didn't want to leave it..lol, this was my favorite part of the game, the visuals were stunning.
I did enjoy having the achivements to get, that always adds to the game, and some of them are a challenge, playing the entire game all of the way through, not skipping a single mini game etc...woo hoo, good luck with those..lol.
This game is HUGE and it takes many hours to complete, so for those of you looking to get the most bang for your buck, this game is it .
There was a couple of times, were I was stumped, than it was like Duh, so simple after you realize, to keep it simple stupid..lol .
My only small grip is, that sometimes even though you had the right item, it would not let you click on it, example, the green and red wax in the H0 scene, it wasn't until I collected every item in the scene, that it finally let me use the paint on the stones, to collect the wax. There were several places this happened, so that part was a bit irratating about the game, just a note for future games.
Wishing BoomZap a very Happy New Year of the Dragon, and thanks so much for a very FUN and well put together game, you all ROCK .
Looking forward to the next game, lots of fantasy and magical aspects please .

diamondgirlva
Minnow
Minnow
283 Posts

[Post New]by diamondgirlva on Jan 28, 12 10:00 AM
I would LOVE to be able to PLAY this game. You all fixed some of the clickable problems but not all and I am now stuck with the tile in the box on the 2nd floor. I unfortunately am going to have to ask for a refund and I have NEVER has to do that before. I really wish I could play the game it looks marvelous and had great reviews but this issues with not being able to click on objects is a no go for me.

Carole22759
Minnow
Minnow
288 Posts

[Post New]by Carole22759 on Jan 28, 12 11:24 PM
2Cents-
In regards to video issues while playing this game: Even if your system meets and/or exceeds minimum requirements set for a game, when experiencing white/black or colored splotches, complete screen white/black out, jagged blotchy areas, crashing, freezing, lagging, etc - the cause is most likely because you do not have enough video-graphic memory -the graphic card's dedicated VRAM (memory) itself.
Also, if the video card does not support OpenGL the products will not function properly. Or some video cards do have support for OpenGL, but do not have the required dedicated VRAM (memory).
Bottom line, with high graphic games, it's all about the DEDICATED video card memory.

sfcali
Guppy
Guppy
128 Posts

[Post New]by sfcali on Jan 29, 12 9:55 AM
My favorite part of this game is the fantasy atmosphere and focus on adventuring. There are too few "fantasy" games and far too many horror games out there, and because I love just about anything fantasy-based, this one was an automatic buy for me, no matter what else it had.

So I was very happy to discover that the hidden object scenes were so different from the norm. H.O.G's usually bore me and I will suffer through the meticulous searches just to get back to a game with a good story and gorgeous graphics; then I just skip the games that are too H.O.S-centered.

I think the visible brush strokes in the artwork/graphics fit nicely with the fantasy world created in Otherworld: Spring of Shadows, not grainy as someone else described it, but I usually like clear photographic, 3D-style graphics better.

Please come out with more fantasy titles with strong, interesting stories. Maybe look at some of the popular fantasy and future-dystopian novels out there for an idea of something incredibly different.

Thank you again for making such a lovely, adventure-centered game!

~ *Happy New Year!* ~

Edited on 01/29/2012 at 9:57:18 AM PST

Kelili
Clownfish
Clownfish
580 Posts

[Post New]by Kelili on Feb 1, 12 3:42 PM
Thank you Boomzap for a fantastic game.
I love the Awakening and Dana Knightstone games and now this one.
I hope this story will continue as well.
Your team has done an outstanding job by producing a game that has features to suit most game players skill levels and preferences.
I really liked the coat making task and would like to see more of that kind of puzzle.
Can't wait to see what you come up with next!

MsFreddie
Catfish
Catfish
1,519 Posts

[Post New]by MsFreddie on Feb 7, 12 1:44 AM
Have just completed chapter one and wow, what a great game. Can tell from playing it that a lot of thought and effort has gone into creating this game. Is a pleasure to play and some scenes I so enjoyed looking at. Looking forward to continuing on with chapter two. Great job Boomzap on such a quality game.

ladygem6
Herring
Herring
391 Posts

[Post New]by ladygem6 on Feb 7, 12 6:25 PM
diamondgirlva wrote:I would LOVE to be able to PLAY this game. You all fixed some of the clickable problems but not all and I am now stuck with the tile in the box on the 2nd floor. I unfortunately am going to have to ask for a refund and I have NEVER has to do that before. I really wish I could play the game it looks marvelous and had great reviews but this issues with not being able to click on objects is a no go for me.

Unfortnately, that's me also. Can't get past the tile in the box on the second floor. And believe me, I've tried everything. I did all that BF asked, I even tried different browsers, cleaned up my pc, and exhausted, nothing worked. I really like this game but I have come to accept it is just not in the cards for me. First game from BF this has happened and I certainly do hope it is the last.

And if you do come up with a fix, I will most certainly buy the game again, as m y only alternative was to get a refund. Sorry to say.

OKC gem

timothya
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

[Post New]by timothya on Feb 8, 12 11:49 PM
I can well believe that this one was a labor of love, because it showed, and I can tell every member of your team that it is reciprocated. The thing is absolutely beautiful in every respect. For me this is the new standard. I don't think there is any higher praise.

Of course - you'll have to live up to it too! Please do a sequel! And many thanks for a wonderful time.

ladygem6
Herring
Herring
391 Posts

[Post New]by ladygem6 on Feb 16, 12 3:16 PM
ladygem6 wrote:
diamondgirlva wrote:I would LOVE to be able to PLAY this game. You all fixed some of the clickable problems but not all and I am now stuck with the tile in the box on the 2nd floor. I unfortunately am going to have to ask for a refund and I have NEVER has to do that before. I really wish I could play the game it looks marvelous and had great reviews but this issues with not being able to click on objects is a no go for me.

Unfortnately, that's me also. Can't get past the tile in the box on the second floor. And believe me, I've tried everything. I did all that BF asked, I even tried different browsers, cleaned up my pc, and exhausted, nothing worked. I really like this game but I have come to accept it is just not in the cards for me. First game from BF this has happened and I certainly do hope it is the last.

And if you do come up with a fix, I will most certainly buy the game again, as m y only alternative was to get a refund. Sorry to say.

OKC gem

Well.......here it is Feb. 16 and no answer to the problem with the tile in the second chapter. *sigh*, I have been patient, went and got it from your site, which downloaded again on BF, and still won't play. I am keeping it but it is of no use to me since I can't complete the puzzle. Please tell me if you are going to fix this or if I have to get rid of the game for good.

Hope to get an answer from the dev's soon.

OKC Gem

SeaBamboo
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,158 Posts

[Post New]by SeaBamboo on Feb 19, 12 10:59 AM
I finished playing the standard version & I have posted my review in the SE forum but just wanted to say something here in case Chris & the team check back.

Boomzap are fast becoming my favourite game developer; your artists produce sublimely beautiful work, the gameplay is interesting & varied - what more could I want.

Thank you to all the Boomzap team

Lilly214
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by Lilly214 on Feb 29, 12 3:33 PM
Feb. 29 - still no fix with the tile "glitch" - SE and CE versions. Makes me wonder if there ever will be one. Such a disappointment. Got credits for both, first time for me. I have hundreds of H/O games from BF, never had problems until this game. I love BoomZap, but with each passing day I will think twice about buying any more from this developer. Unhappy to say the least.

4mybirds4
Salmon
Salmon
2,663 Posts

[Post New]by 4mybirds4 on Feb 29, 12 3:36 PM
Thank YOU developers! This is my absolute favorite game! Beautiful graphics and great game play. Keep making more games like this please!

Go to: