Re:Post any Midnight Mysteries: Haunted Houdini Deluxe technical issues here only

[Post New]by dkknight on Feb 4, 12 6:41 PM
I am unable to give the Brand to Mr. Doyle because he is there! Where is he - is he truly a ghost I can't see.

Re:Post any Midnight Mysteries: Haunted Houdini Deluxe technical issues here only

[Post New]by dkknight on Feb 4, 12 6:42 PM
I am unable to give the Brand to Mr. Doyle because he is not there! Where is he - is he truly a ghost I can't see.

clott
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
5 Posts

[Post New]by clott on Feb 4, 12 8:42 PM
Anyone else having a problem with no HOS to get the lantern? Really frustrated

[Post New]by force1404 on Feb 5, 12 4:03 AM
Still no fix and still no credit what gives with customer service

abdulz69
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by abdulz69 on Feb 5, 12 8:41 AM
I (we) are still waiting for a fix for the Doyle issue. **** doesn't seem to be in any hurry to fix the problem. Okay, but if it isn't fixed by the weekend, I am done with ****.

[Post New]by robinbobbin on Feb 5, 12 8:49 AM
I had the issue that Doyle never showed up for me to hand the brand to. I came here to check, and since other people were having the same problem, I reported it to customer service and sent in a Dr. Felix. I said that if this was a bug that could be fixed in an update, great, but if not I wanted a credit for it. I received a response on Saturday saying that they were working on it and expected to have an update available next week, and I was welcome to either wait for it or get a credit now. I said I would wait for the update, since it is a good game, and I played a lot of it.

I feel like I should remind some posters that complaining in the forums is NOT the same as sending an email to support. No one is going to email you about a fix or offer a refund because you posted something in the forums; anyone can post in the forums. You have to contact support.

[Post New]by nuttyfisherwoman on Feb 5, 12 9:17 AM
How much longer till you get a fix for the debug problem. I would like to finish my game I paid for?

bamlink
Guppy
Guppy
196 Posts

[Post New]by bamlink on Feb 5, 12 11:13 AM
I am practically at the end of the game, going back to the basement to speak with Arthur Ford (I think) and find out what actually happened to Houdini. Suddenly, the game has a bizarre 'debug report' that I have never seen before which makes continuing impossible.

In my almost 3 years with BFG, there have only been 2 or 3 games I have been unable to play. It is unfortunate that the new 'Deluxe' higher quality, very special game is one of them.

[Post New]by reximoose on Feb 5, 12 12:04 PM
azjmarie may have solved our problem as long as you don't mind playing the game from the beginning. I created a new profile and was able to play the game all the way through. Everyone should try it. On the flip side, the second time around I did not care about the clovers and ravens because of the sheer frustration with the first bugs. Since azjmarie seems to have solved the problem for us all, and Dr. Felix reports did no good, or updating drivers, etc, etc, etc as BFG said to do, I still want a credit for the game asap since the whole experience was ruined.

Westel
Lobster
Lobster
88 Posts

[Post New]by Westel on Feb 5, 12 9:35 PM
I may be wrong here but I believe you use the brand to open the door with the brand-shaped keyhole.

Misty40
Clownfish
Clownfish
923 Posts

[Post New]by Misty40 on Feb 6, 12 6:10 AM
I'm getting the debug message all through the game and then it shuts down. I'm gonna try to keep playing until the bitter end. I....won't...give...up

[Post New]by LuvDemGames on Feb 6, 12 6:41 AM
When will we be getting a fix for this game? I don't get a HOS at the desk, like so many others.

[Post New]by katerlater on Feb 6, 12 9:54 AM
I am supposed to give the branding iron to Doyle at the front entrance to the manor, however Doyle never appears at the front door.

[Post New]by katerlater on Feb 6, 12 9:54 AM
I am supposed to give the branding iron to Doyle at the front entrance to the manor, however Doyle never appears at the front door.

[Post New]by katerlater on Feb 6, 12 9:55 AM

[Post New]by debra19601 on Feb 6, 12 11:04 AM
I am having a problem with my game. I am at the point where I am supposed to give the brand to the ghost and my hint keeps telling me to go to the front door of the manor and place the brand but the ghost ISN'T there. Am I missing something?

bfgCimarron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,902 Posts

[Post New]by bfgCimarron on Feb 6, 12 11:22 AM
Hi Fishies,

For anyone experiencing trouble with a Debug error or with Mr. Doyle -- there is a new update for this game out now. More information on the update can be found here:

UPDATE! New version available for Midnight Mysteries: Haunted Houdini Deluxe! February 6, 2012

If you still are seeing issues with your game after this update I'd get in touch with Customer Support and one of our reps would be happy to help!

bfgCimarron

Antaes11
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

Second restart

[Post New]by Antaes11 on Feb 8, 12 5:33 AM
I first was stopped by not having the two cards, so I restarted the game after looking on the forum. NOW I cannot get back into the house to get the book from Doyle. I am sending a Dr.Felix this time, and certainly hope this will be the last restart.

niceb2u
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by niceb2u on Feb 8, 12 11:06 AM
rebeccas1 wrote:In the first HOS I cannot retrieve the emblem because it is off my screen. I have tried changing the screen size and nothing helps. Please advise.

had the same problem. found mine in the clock facing.

jcal108
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by jcal108 on Feb 9, 12 3:58 AM
I decided not to play the game a second time. BFG sent me a game credit right away and I'm very pleased with their fast response.

Go to: