ROBINSON CRUSOE

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

Re:ROBINSON CRUSOE

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Jan 24, 09 8:53 AM
christinesav wrote:Brilliant game - sadly I am stuck - I am in the Treasure room on the boat and only have a "blue lettered" flute to find. I used a hint which showed me the locked chest at the bottom of the cupboard. I have searched for a key to no avail. Used the hint again and it still shows the chest - how do I unlock it please anyone ?????

The key is on one of the sacks, in the lower right part of the scene.

Anniejo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,109 Posts

[Post New]by Anniejo on Jan 24, 09 8:54 AM
i really am enjoying this game.

I know one thing, RC is going to end up with a very nice boat!!!!!!

Cyndo123
Shark
Shark
14,957 Posts

[Post New]by Cyndo123 on Jan 24, 09 9:06 AM
I think this game is really good! Thanks for the heads up all!

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Jan 24, 09 9:09 AM
Reactions from my second pass at the game (after finishing the first chapter the second time):

1. Timed mode gives generous amounts of time and hints.
2. Some scenes it's exactly the same items to find.
3. One scene I got one item that I don't remember getting the first time, but the rest seemed really familiar.
4. Some scenes I got several items that I don't remember getting the first time, including different blue clue items.
5. The word in the captain's secret area was different, but the figurines to put on the pedestals were the same figurines (different ones needed for the solution of course).

Summary: good replay value.

3rdcat2005
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by 3rdcat2005 on Jan 24, 09 9:10 AM
take the match to the lit lantern. does anyone know how to bait the fishing pole with hook rope and worm.

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Jan 24, 09 9:12 AM
Place the rope on the pole first. Then put the fishhook on the pole + rope combo. Then put the tree worm on the pole + rope + hook combo. Finally collect the fishing pole.

Burgy
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by Burgy on Jan 24, 09 9:17 AM
I'm loving this game. The demo played just fine on my puter (so far).
The only problem I had was in the captain's quarters, trying to open his safe.
That's been addressed in the forums already, and I did it the way those posts suggested...putting objects on the pegs according to the first letters of the objects.
All pegs did go down, but nothing happened.
I did it a few times...with the same results.
Is this a glitch? Or am I getting some of the objects wrong?
It would be nice if the correct objects would lock into place so you know they're correct. Or maybe they do but I'm getting ALL of them wrong!!
Finally, I hit the skip button (goes against my grain to do that) and went on until my demo ran out.
Oh well...
I'm off to buy the game anyway...lol

Edited on 01/24/2009 at 9:18:32 AM PST

penrose47
Stingray
Stingray
4,597 Posts

[Post New]by penrose47 on Jan 24, 09 9:24 AM
THANKS FISHIES:

I am going to look at the demo.
I love Sleepy Hallow, and 1 of the post said like, BUT Adventure more so than mini games.

Going to try BBL

PEN

[Post New]by mrsbigslowtom on Jan 24, 09 9:30 AM
I can't believe I'm stuck already. I can not find the firewood to blow up the dynamite to get the key from the dog to get into the chest.

[Post New]by Cheryl46 on Jan 24, 09 9:34 AM
downloaded game and it would not run. I uninstalled it and reinstalled it and the same thing. It just won't run. Any suggestions?

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Jan 24, 09 9:36 AM
Look for a match (toward the right, a bit above center if I remember correctly). Take the match and light it in the fire, then touch off the dynamite.

Annietano
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

[Post New]by Annietano on Jan 24, 09 9:41 AM
I am having problems getting the 2nd skull needed to fit into the eye of the statue in order to open the gate that houses the skunk (the last item I need to complete that section). I click on the "trap" which triggers the skull to pop up out of the skeleton, but I can't get my cursor over there fast enough to click on it before it goes back down. Any hints? I'm playing the timed mode so after every 3 or 4 tries, the clock takes some time away.

[Post New]by coffeesandy on Jan 24, 09 9:44 AM
help

i have problems with the bee hive got the nail and the melon what now?

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Jan 24, 09 9:46 AM
For the second skull, pick up the rock and put it on the trap so that the skull stays up.

For the beehive, take the melon to the hive, then very very slowly move it back to where you found it, so that the bees follow. Then use the nail on the hive to get the honey.

comicseller
Flounder
Flounder
2,254 Posts

[Post New]by comicseller on Jan 24, 09 9:51 AM
cherbtoo wrote: MagicIndie Softworks for providing us with a game that satisfys the Hare type gamers (Timed Mode) and the Tortoise type gamers (Relaxed Mode). I also like the fact that you can find an extra hint in each scene. Now if only I could get the match to ignite the dynamite so I could break the dog out of the jail I would be "leaping about ecstatically" just like a Salmon! LOL.

Take the match and hold it up to the top right side of the screen where the burning lantern is.
I was stymied because it kept saying that you needed a match and some wood, but you don't need the wood.
Jackie

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Jan 24, 09 9:54 AM
Just wanted to add to my previous post and say that I am loving it.

jobynana
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,017 Posts

[Post New]by jobynana on Jan 24, 09 9:59 AM
Anniejo wrote:Just done that, the dog is alright, no injuries!!!!!

I wasted time making it "woof"!

Edited on 01/24/2009 at 10:05:52 AM PST

AlmostSilver
Minnow
Minnow
272 Posts

[Post New]by AlmostSilver on Jan 24, 09 10:08 AM
This game has gotten rave reviews and.....if lordkalvan likes it...well, that's good enough for me to go directly to the "buy" button. Thanks guys. Plus, I like to play untimed first, then I'll go for the challenge.

GeeBee
Narwhal
Narwhal
32,109 Posts

[Post New]by GeeBee on Jan 24, 09 10:43 AM
I love this game - I've played it through on relaxed mode and thoroughly enjoyed it. I can see why it got rave reviews - I'm glad I bought it.

Annietano
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

[Post New]by Annietano on Jan 24, 09 10:57 AM
lordkalvan wrote:For the second skull, pick up the rock and put it on the trap so that the skull stays up.

For the beehive, take the melon to the hive, then very very slowly move it back to where you found it, so that the bees follow. Then use the nail on the hive to get the honey.

Thanks so much for the help with the skull. I knew there must be some kind of trick

Go to: