rogerscove
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

Re:Reviews for The Surprising Adventures of Munchausen

[Post New]by rogerscove on Feb 20, 12 7:55 AM
I thoroughly enjoyed the demo - only took 25 minutes. It's a fun game and a welcome change from the dark and dreary. I might wait on this and buy as a DD. I found the voices a little distracting at first but I got used to them.

goofygran
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by goofygran on Feb 20, 12 8:34 AM
Not long enough! Nice game and easy for children. No need for strategy guides but way too short.

goofygran
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by goofygran on Feb 20, 12 8:35 AM
Not long enough! Nice game and easy for children. No need for strategy guides but way too short.

AFlowers
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by AFlowers on Feb 20, 12 4:46 PM
Light, fun, original! Many of the hidden object games have mini games and puzzles that I have to skip. These were original, and made me laugh.

Yes, it was a bit short. But this is a fun game when you just want to relax. I will play it again.

To the developers: Keep up the good work! We need a sequel. Please make it longer. Realistically, about twice as long as this one would be about right.

[Post New]by Games_Blonde on Feb 22, 12 12:55 PM
Really love the creativity behind this game!

Sherryah
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
479 Posts

[Post New]by Sherryah on Feb 22, 12 5:39 PM
cherbtoo wrote:Well this game brought a big grin to my face, I love quirky games like this that are are humorous, have bright colours and a variety of puzzles for you to use to overcome the obstacles in your way. The latter is a much more fun and entertaining way of doing that than just doing hidden object scene after hidden object scene to get one item.

The story of finding the missing pieces of a kingdoms magic stone and saving the princess from marrying the baddie gives you a goal because nobody likes evil to win.

I played this game in Expert mode and, while it is on the easy side I still had fun. I did try the hint button and it took approximately 2 minutes to reload.

I also liked that the game had voiceovers although I wasn't keen on being told when I was wrong .

I think this game is a steal in the Presidents Day Sale and no matter how long it turns out to be I won't regret buying it.

Cherb

ETA ...

I had to rush my comments because HMV was giving me earache but I would just like to add ...

I WOULD LIKE MORE GAMES LIKE THIS PLEASE DEVS ...

I AGREE to everything said above! I had so much fun with this game, I LOVED the sense of humor with voiceovers made me laugh aloud! The game was fun and not a head banger to see if the GD can frustrate us. The puzzles are delightful. This is the kind of game that I would love to see a series on and if the quality stays the same I would purchase it. The only part I didn't like was it should have been a longer game, I hated for the fun to stop. Congrats GD and good choice BFG for sharing this game with us. Thanks for the presidents sale also. I really enjoyed this and alas now I am stuck for a game with a sense of humor and voiceovers again. What I really like is when the character says something different several times and the hints really work. Oh please hurry and give us another game like this ASAP Game developer. The graphics are lush,colorful, and large size. The voices are perfectly done. No 2 puzzles the same and the puzzles are a hoot to boot there was only one I got stuck on in the bar and knew what to do but forgot the simpliest thing. I laughed so hard at that puzzle. This game I would give 10 stars if I could. If you like games to make you laugh this is it.

Edited on 02/22/2012 at 6:02:12 PM PST

Sherryah
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
479 Posts

[Post New]by Sherryah on Feb 22, 12 5:57 PM
mhatfie wrote:
dancemom1 wrote:Nice little game. A bit different and fun, but extremely easy and short. Still had 35 minutes on my 1 hour demo when demo ended. Perfect game for a beginner or a youngster, but not for a seasoned gamer. No buy for me today. Thanks for the reviews.

In my opinion this game is not JUST for the beginner or a youngster. Most of us here are seasoned gamers and seem to like this game. I think you just have to be young at heart as alot of us older gamers are and just enjoy something lighter and more fun than the dark, creepy games that are so common.

No way is this game just for children! I was laughing aloud haven't had so much fun with a game in a long time, and it is rare if I don't buy games on a daily basis,especially when games have voiceovers I nearly always buy the game. I agree with you I certainly am a seasoned player and as for only being for youngsters? I quit counting the number of my age at 25! At age 40 on my birthday everyone still knows I am 25 and holding! but shhh don't repeat that please. Anyway the puzzles are ingenious all with a sense of humor.

The graphics are animated and are not static in most places. Thank you for validating the fact this game seasoned players like us also enjoy. I weary of games so hard you have to resort to walkthroughs the majority of the time. Not fun for me. This game the developers did something different I love the word association instead of just find the hidden object. Please keep it up and the fragmented objects to find I really appreciated letting us know the other piece is on another screen. People complaining the game was on the short side, I took my time and enjoyed every screen, every animation, tried to get the baron to respond to every dumb thing I could think of to see how many responses he verbally gives me. For instance at the statue fountain play around with doing things to the donkey and cart going back and forth. I laughed at the comments. The sad part came with the abrupt ending, didn't like that but still it is not enough for me to not recommend the game.

Edited on 02/22/2012 at 5:59:56 PM PST

unknitter
Clownfish
Clownfish
535 Posts

[Post New]by unknitter on Feb 22, 12 8:09 PM
This is one crazy game and different for sure! It was fun with lots to do. Great voiceover, although toward the end I wanted to tell him to shut up already! It was easy at times; other times it was hard to figure out what to do next considering the wackiness of it all (umm, fill the beer mugs?). It is a bit short compared to many games, but it gave me some laughs and I enjoyed playing a game that's a far cry from the usual crime, fantasy and ghoulish play.

education69
Minnow
Minnow
238 Posts

[Post New]by education69 on Feb 23, 12 7:54 PM
Game is delightfully silly, but a little too short.

sunidayz
Minnow
Minnow
253 Posts

[Post New]by sunidayz on Feb 24, 12 10:02 AM
This had a different spin as on the usual games . There was a little of everything thrown in with a few new minigames as well. The graphics were cartoons and the were funny voiceovers. It was cute. I would rate it a 7 out of 10.

Cromaxgal
Clownfish
Clownfish
730 Posts

[Post New]by Cromaxgal on Feb 25, 12 2:02 PM
It seems like it's for kids. The first 5 minutes I almost uninstalled it, but instead turned off the voice which was super annoying to me. Then I don't like the fact that you are suppose to have 60 minutes of play, but clicks you off after 30. I do like the puzzles, matching objects that have similarity and I always like games where you are looking for objects throughout the scenes ,back and forth. But this was kind of something you'd see at Disneyland, so I'm passing and not getting it. There are so many better games to play for the money.

babbydoll1201
Minnow
Minnow
281 Posts

[Post New]by babbydoll1201 on Feb 25, 12 9:41 PM
Ok,the game was very cute but very short. I am meaning very, very short. Glad I bought it on a day for 4.99 special deal.

jillaroogirl
Minnow
Minnow
299 Posts

[Post New]by jillaroogirl on Feb 28, 12 5:48 PM
I too enjoyed this game and think it is way too short. I loved the graphics, nice and clear, with puzzles not being the norm. I did find the constant dialogue a bit annoying, but can see how it can add to the charm of the game.

Would love a sequel and to see a much, much longer game.

Uzea
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by Uzea on Mar 1, 12 1:34 AM
I loved this game, it is wonderfull different from other games, very funny and beautyfull made I bought it but was disapointed that it was way to short what a same:-(

Laflamme
Stingray
Stingray
4,512 Posts

[Post New]by Laflamme on Mar 2, 12 4:02 AM
Review based upon completion of the game.

This game is supposedly about the stories of Hieronymus Carl Friedrich of Münchhausen (1720-1797), a German nobleman. In German speaking countries he is known as "The Lying Baron" - at least it is said that those famous stories (the ride on a cannonball for enemy reconnaissance and changing to another cannonball mid-flight, dragging himself and his horse out of a swamp by pulling up his own hair) were told by him. In this version you try to get to a castle and reassemble a gem, ensuring a kingdom's prosperity, and of course save a princess in distress,

The Good:

+ bright, colourful graphics
+ association game
+ part-time FROG
+ very well done voice-overs, including comments when trying a wrong action

The Bad:

- has nothing to do with the original stories, they are hinted at, at best
- very short game (about 2 hours)

Bottom Line: If you can live with a short game duration I can really recommend this funny game.

Snaffled
Marlin
Marlin
9,392 Posts

[Post New]by Snaffled on Mar 5, 12 3:10 PM
Enjoyable game, great graphics, not too annoying characters fun scene changers and interesting enough storyline.

A bit on the short side as far as time play.

Different and fun mini games, nice variation of the H0 games... not working from a list of objects but having to figure out similar objects.

Nice change-up game.

Snaffled
Marlin
Marlin
9,392 Posts

[Post New]by Snaffled on Mar 5, 12 3:25 PM
Only down-side is that the game was not long enough

[Post New]by donnasue281 on Mar 6, 12 3:16 PM
I loved the game until I reached a point where I have no inventory items and can't go any further. I uninstalled and reinstalled and it did nothing. What a shame. I really wanted to continue to the end.

gailssong
Guppy
Guppy
136 Posts

[Post New]by gailssong on Mar 9, 12 11:34 PM
Its true it is short. But i absolutely loved this game. If.when they create a new adventure I hope that they make it much longer. Still I did buy it and had so much fun. I love the humor. Especially if you keep clicking on things he says different reples that are really funny. we need more humorous games like this one. the graphics were well done and the voice overs were excellant.
Please make another one but longer please. I would recommend this one but just no that it is not vey long. The puzzles were fun. I didnt have to skip any. well i think maybe one. But it is a refreshing change from all the gloom and doom of most of the HOS games. I like the HOS very different. It is an association object . Like if there is a bee you look for a hive. Or a knife and look for a fork.
Very good short game

Bink_In_AK
Minnow
Minnow
237 Posts

[Post New]by Bink_In_AK on Mar 15, 12 8:25 AM
This is a fun game. I know... games are all about fun... but there are some games that just bring a smile to my face; this is one of those games.

+ 1/2

Go to: