IBGLENDA
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

Re:Reviews for Fantastic Creations: House of Brass Collector's Edition

[Post New]by IBGLENDA on Mar 16, 12 8:33 PM
Just fininshed this game and while it is very different and the graphics are great I found it to be very short for a CE. I am not that fast of player and like to take my time while playing to enjoy it. Wish now I had waited for the SE to come out. All and all a very well thoughout game and kuddos to the developers.

sandhan
Clownfish
Clownfish
919 Posts

[Post New]by sandhan on Mar 18, 12 9:06 PM
I just finished this game, and found it to be astoundingly brilliant in concept and
production. Some of the puzzles were too difficult for my pea brain, and I confess to feeling great appreciation for the built-in SG. I seldom buy CE's, but feel this one was worth it. The bonus content, or "prologue," added to the story without being necessary to complete it. Of course, the graphics are incredible.

[Post New]by tita188 on May 28, 12 12:59 PM
I'm stuck with the broken robot and only have a screwdriver. Anyone know where I can look for tools? I've tried all 4 floors. Thanks Tita

[Post New]by fairygodmother55 on Jun 1, 12 2:55 PM
Just finished the bonus portion. All in all a good game.. puzzles were excellent. I had to skip ( which I HATE to do) a few so I felt some of them were very challenging, and I LOVE puzzles! Wish it had been just a tad longer, but overall it was a good challenge. Though the bonus level was especially tough, but a great add to the story!

Glad I bought it, and the best part is that I CAN go back and play just the mini games again! It reminded me alot of Azada ( the first two anyway). Nothing too dark or spooky.

And I loved the twist on the hidden objects....

[Post New]by DreamDancer82 on Jun 7, 12 5:05 PM
This game had me hooked right from the start to the end. I liked the artwork and the music, the voice overs could have been a lot worse. There were only two things that bothered me. One was the dialog text wasn't synched with the voices very well in the intro scene, or the scene where you eventually make it to the surface, and the mad inventor breaks the elevator. The other thing I didn't like was the fact that it gave you the music from the game, but you can only play it in the game's music player, as opposed to being able to download it like in the CE's of "PuppetShow: Souls of the Innocent" and "Grim Facade."

laurakay76
Guppy
Guppy
195 Posts

[Post New]by laurakay76 on Jul 16, 12 10:01 PM
Having completed this game, I'm wrestling to find a good way to describe it. The puzzles are delightfully ingenious, and they even managed to make the H0 puzzles new and different, which impressed me. The twist of who is really the villain in this tale definitely caught me off guard, and overall it was a good story.

The ending, however, leaves something to be desired. I found it a bit of a let down. Admittedly, I'm not sure how else it could have ended, but I felt like it deserved something just a little better. On the whole, though, really good game; I'd give it a 9 out of 10.

Also, I'm amused by how much the fireflies resemble Navi from Nintendo's The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.

jjj13
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by jjj13 on Aug 27, 12 1:47 PM
Bought this as August offer so good value. Don't know how missed it first time round as a good game. However, if not on offer again would suggest SE as bonus play not up to much.

juju0128
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by juju0128 on Sep 3, 12 2:23 PM
The only thing I didn't like about this game is that it required FAR too many mini-games to get ANY parts that you need and also, the most of the mini-games were of the two kind that I hate....the 'push this button to turn on this light, but it also lights up a dozen others' and the 'spin the rings or squares to make a picture, but each spin you make screws up the one before'. It is a nice, long game, though, which I like. I've seen better graphics, but they were alright. All in all, it was a good game.

Laflamme
Stingray
Stingray
4,512 Posts

[Post New]by Laflamme on Feb 21, 13 11:45 AM
Review based upon completion of the game and bonus content.

You find a letter and then a mechanical firefly comes to life, which leads you to a strange house. A relative of yours used to live there. Soon after, your task becomes to escape said house. Hindering you is a strange robot, helping you is a voice over a communication device. What is going on in that big cellar of the House of Brass?

The Good:

+ rarely used and interesting steam punk setting
+ find 12 HO scenes that have no words but categories (like Find 12 square Items)
+ diverse riddles

The Neutral:

o riddles repeat often
o items are put back into HO scenes

The Bad:

- some riddles use the SAME approach (number combination to press)
- thick black bars to the left and right are a no-go for a CE

Bonus Content:

The bonus gameplay tells the prolog of the story. Duration is about 1 hour. Other than that you get 5 wallpapers, some audio replay and unlimited replay of all mini puzzles. Some you have to unlock by finishing the bonus gameplay.

Bottom Line: The story didn't really capture me and the cellar seems a bit small. It still took me about 3 hours to complete. For some rotating puzzles I had to refer to the strategy guide, which was adequate. All in all I can say, I can not recommend the game as CE - maybe in a sale for the regular version or as Daily Deal.

Go to: