Re:Post any Mystery Trackers: Black Isle Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bankco on Apr 8, 12 5:24 PM
sewsavy1 wrote:I had the same problem with a "floaty" cursor so I disabled the custom cursor in the Options. That solved that problem but I'm still having a problem with a VERY slow scene change. It's like it's in slooowww motion. I've done the Tech crashing thing and I don't have any issues with my computer.

The strange thing was...the demo worked beautifully, so I bought the game. After I installed after buying it, it didn't work right

I'm very disappointed that this game doesn't work right and I'm disappointed in Big Fish for not correcting these issues. I have the same problem with another game I just bought. Never received an answer from Tech support on my email for these issues. I will be cancelling my membership if this continues and our complaints are ignored.

banshee10
Clownfish
Clownfish
564 Posts

Re:Post any Mystery Trackers: Black Isle Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by banshee10 on Apr 17, 12 8:27 AM
Like some others, I've experienced a crash when using the SG - but unlike those other fishies, if I got them right, my SG went fine until I started off to the little island. Isn't that weird? Can anyone explain this phenomenon? I mean it's one thing that something does not work properly from the beginning (like for those who had trouble with the cursor f. e.), but this is different...

Oh, but it was a lesson! Because I had no SG for the extra gameplay, I had to figure out the "Place these objects"-puzzle by myself. After several attempts - usually I would have swallowed my pride and consulted the solution - I solved the problem the old fashioned way: with drawing & cutting out objects and practising a little jigsaw on a sheet of paper.... so much for "How to improve your patience"!

[Post New]by NancySusan on Apr 18, 12 3:05 PM
I'm in the identical situation as banshee10 -- I had the SG through about 2/3 of the gameplay, until about the time I was going for the first time to the island -- I had actually just exited the clinic, I think it was, was out in the street in the village, and clicking on the SG, the game froze, the little hand stayed in place over the SG icon, and I got an endless hourglass, while the regular cursor appeared out of nowhere; however, since the game was frozen I couldn't do anything with it. When I tried Cnt Alt Del, nothing happened and I had to reboot the computer. The game play was fine after that, but when I tried an experiment and switched to the regular cursor and clicked on the SG, this time I received an access error violation and was kicked out of the game immediately. After going back into the game, it played fine as long as I didn't try to get into the SG. I also had (and this was even more true in the beta, and the trials of both CE and SE versions), situations where I would click on the hint icon or check something in the inventory, or the little window which shows you where you're going would come up, but there would be no text, only background. Luckily, this mostly did not affect the hints, although it did happen a few times. Other than that, the game played much better than I expected on my old computer w/XP, but paying for and not having the SG was aggravating.

banshee10
Clownfish
Clownfish
564 Posts

[Post New]by banshee10 on Apr 19, 12 9:04 AM
Hi NancySusan!

It's a relief not to be alone with the SG mystery.
Someone mentioned that deleting all profiles/ unistalling the game/ reinstalling (after you have made sure that your trash bin on the desktop is empty) may solve the problem.
I did not have the time to try that yet - did you?

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Apr 19, 12 11:13 AM
Hi Fishies,

It looks like some of you are still running into a few different tech issues with this CE.

The help articles I'm including below have some good first troubleshooting steps that we find do get things working for a lot of customers:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Access Violation

(Just click the blue text and you'll be taken right there.)

If you try those suggestions and are still having problems, please get in touch with our Tech Support. They'll be able to really delve into the issue you're having and give you specialized help.

And this will also help us track any glitches with the game (like whatever is going on with the SG) and collect information about how it's happening so we can put together a bigger fix if possible.

This post gives you all the information on how to contact Tech Support and send them info about your issue:

How do I contact Tech Support?

Thank you!

bfgMonongahela

sandybottom
Minnow
Minnow
225 Posts

[Post New]by sandybottom on Apr 22, 12 12:49 PM
In the bonus chapter...I'm left w/a chair that doesn't appear to fit anywhere in the dollhouse and doesn't show in the Strategy Guide screen shot. Is this a glitch or am I just not clever enough?

epundt
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by epundt on Apr 24, 12 1:02 PM
I'm having the strangest problem. The very first scene with the 2 dogs guarding the door, my video picture turns upside down. I would either have to stand on my head and play the game or turn my computer upside down. Has any one EVER had that kind of problem? I've tried 3 different times, still upside down. Going to reload it and see what happens, bu in the meantime, could some help me?

jadeedrie
Lobster
Lobster
87 Posts

[Post New]by jadeedrie on Apr 30, 12 10:41 PM
banshee10 wrote:Like some others, I've experienced a crash when using the SG - but unlike those other fishies, if I got them right, my SG went fine until I started off to the little island. Isn't that weird? Can anyone explain this phenomenon? I mean it's one thing that something does not work properly from the beginning (like for those who had trouble with the cursor f. e.), but this is different...

Oh, but it was a lesson! Because I had no SG for the extra gameplay, I had to figure out the "Place these objects"-puzzle by myself. After several attempts - usually I would have swallowed my pride and consulted the solution - I solved the problem the old fashioned way: with drawing & cutting out objects and practising a little jigsaw on a sheet of paper.... so much for "How to improve your patience"!

I'm having the same problem with the game as well. I can play the game and using SG so far but when I arrived on the island, I wanted to see where I need to go first and clicked on SG and it froze my computer. By the way, I was playing the game on my XP when it crashed my computer but when I when I started playing the game on my laptop Windows 7 everything is fine even the bonus level. I did everything that the help page said and even sent a note to customer service.

I just would like to know why I can play one game on my XP like the other Mystery Trackers games and not the latest and play the latest on my Windows 7 laptop along with the other Mystery Tracker games. I would love to play Black Isle on both computers.

[Post New]by oldgramps56 on May 8, 12 7:57 PM
Loaded the demo game and activated it. As soon as I clicked on PLAY, a dialog popped up telling me that I needed a key to access the game. When I clicked cancel, it showed me the play game again screen and said I had 12 minutes left. Tried to play the demo game again and got the same dialog telling me I needed a key.

Don't need this grief. Forget this game.

[Post New]by Luv2stitch on May 23, 12 10:20 AM
I cannot access the Strategy Guide from game play. I get an error that ends the game. what should I do?

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on May 23, 12 10:37 AM
Hi Luv2stitch,

Please get in touch with our Tech Support team and send them the details of the error message you're seeing. They'll be able to see why that's coming up for you and how best to get the game and strategy guide working correctly.

We've created a great post about how to contact them and send them info on how the game is working on your computer. Just click the link below and you'll be taken right there:

How do I contact Tech Support?

Thank you!

bfgMonongahela

calsmom2001
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,785 Posts

[Post New]by calsmom2001 on May 26, 12 3:40 PM
I just attempted to play this game for the second time; the first time I had no problems, but this time, when I returned to play after a couple of days hiatus, the game had not saved my progress from my second session. I like the game, but not enough to start it a third time (at least not for the foreseeable future). Hopefully if I DL it in the future, this won't happen again. Very annoying, because I made a lot of progress in the game, some of which was not so enjoyable (arranging the raven's feathers comes to mind). Oh well, off to play something new.

fancyfish
Guppy
Guppy
135 Posts

[Post New]by fancyfish on Jun 25, 12 12:19 PM
Yup also having the problem with the SG 2/3 through...

RainCat
Minnow
Minnow
210 Posts

[Post New]by RainCat on Sep 27, 12 10:13 PM
I finished the main game and started on the bonus play, got a few minutes in.
Then I quit the game.

Now, when I try to "continue" I just get a black screen with music and sound effects, but if I go to bonus content and bonus play, I am told I have to complete the main game.

Any thoughts? I really want to play the bonus game without having to play the whole game again.

Thanks!

[Post New]by deeghee62 on Oct 26, 12 2:16 PM
My problem is that twice now I have hit a spot in the game where it will not let me enter. The first time it happened when I wanted to return to the theater stage after retrieving the jester head. I tapped on the area from the entrance to the theater and it would not advance me. I even tried reaching it via the map, tapping on the location I wished to go but always putting me back to the previous screen. I restarted the game only to have it happen again, this time a little further in the game. I have the drill with which I'm supposed to drill on the locked hotel room door, upstairs. Neither from the map nor the lobby of the hotel can I reach the hotel corridor. Any suggestions?

Bren444
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by Bren444 on Oct 29, 12 4:44 AM
I am playing the IPad version and I cannot get to the stage section in the theater at all. I have tried using the map from any area and when I click to go to the stage area, it always shows it as the same area I am trying to get there from. When I am in the theater entry area and try to go forward, nothing happens. Thanks for any help.

[Post New]by amydmaster on Oct 29, 12 1:34 PM
I am playing the iPad version and the game freezes when I try to transition to another area. I found a workaround using the map to travel to different locations, but that is not working and will not let me in the courtyard.

Cafe of Broken Dreams

[Post New]by Mawrtyr on Nov 2, 12 4:35 PM
I am playing Collector's Edition on iPad 3. I cannot get back into the Cafe of Broken Dreams. I was there once...but now I click everywhere around the door, the sign, can't get back in. When I use the map, it says I am there...but I am just outside. I have purchased the game. All ideas are gratefully accepted!

Edited on 11/02/2012 at 4:43:34 PM PST

[Post New]by cahp54 on Nov 17, 12 5:37 AM
I also have the iPad version

I have got to a point where I can't access some of the locations. The map won't take me there either. Specifically I can't get to the Hotel Hall in the West Wing and I need to get to the keys

[Post New]by dinolisa on Nov 24, 12 6:01 AM
I'm playing on iPad and have the same problem.

I can't get to the Hotel Hall. Nothing happens when I try to click forward or using the map. All other locations works fine.

Go to: