judithg315
Herring
Herring
371 Posts

Re:Comments for Silent Nights: The Pianist Collector's Edition

[Post New]by judithg315 on Mar 17, 12 6:33 PM
sea_maid wrote:
The tech. problems are annoying to say the least, so unless they do an update (which I really doubt, since there are few studios that actually do that for the CE), I will wait for the SE.

What tech problems? Day 3 and tech issues are still at 0.

ETA: Not bad for a new developer!

Edited on 03/17/2012 at 6:38:18 PM PST

rubylace66
Guppy
Guppy
162 Posts

[Post New]by rubylace66 on Mar 18, 12 7:19 AM
just want to say that i love thunder and rain in a game
never get sick of it
and i love cars driving in the rain and old scarey mansions
hope the developers never get sick of doing these effects

cagamenut
Guppy
Guppy
154 Posts

[Post New]by cagamenut on Mar 18, 12 9:18 PM
I wouldn't be surprised to see a sequel to this game since it left me hanging. I buy CEs because I like knowing the 'end of the story', but this game didn't do that. I enjoyed playing it but there were a few negatives. The SE didn't follow in place so if I used it, I had to do some searching. No journal and no map. I felt like I didn't have the entire game; (highlight for spoiler) what happened to the uncle? The graphics were good for the era, and I liked the brightness option. No problems with the download nor game. I'm still on the fence about this one, even after finishing it.

ark161
Clownfish
Clownfish
611 Posts

[Post New]by ark161 on Mar 21, 12 4:54 PM
the screenshots looked very exciting from the beginning. Another game i deleted so obviously i won't be buying this game sorry developers and unfortunely as i have said i won't be buyin' the game. IMO very bad game to start out with uhh no offense, developers if youre readin' this umm thanks for listening bye ark161

[Post New]by RowanGolightly on Mar 22, 12 7:40 PM
I agree with those who dislike reviews based on just a sample and not on playing the whole game. I purchased it after playing the trial and enjoyed it a lot. Taking a hint from a review, I brightened the screen in the options and found it helped.

The rain and thunder and dark colors were a part of establishing the post WWII theme and storyline, IMO, and added rather than detracting. The things jumping out made me jump (duh! that's what they are for, is to startle and add to the suspense) but it wasn't gore or over the top; it is a mystery and that's part of a mystery. I will say, in a moment of TMI that all the rain noise triggered my early childhood potty training so that I found myself having to stop to go visit the Loo more frequently than normal. *lol* Not a big deal but amusing, I thought. It's good to be able to be amused at oneself.

The graphics and characters were great; I like that the girls weren't limp-wristed heroines. The repetition of the not-Silent-Night tune did get a bit much after awhile but didn't bother me horribly. The games were hard enough for me to not just quit but not so easy that it insulted my intelligence. The game was engaging and enjoyable. What DID bother me was how short it was and how many loose ends it left hanging. Granted I've gotten better at gaming in general but the whole story was just too brief; to be able to finish this in one evening made me feel ripped off. For the price of a CE, the story should have gone all the way to a definitive ending; this should have had more chapters in it by far. Now I feel like they're going to do a sequel by the non-definitive ending and that's just wrong. A CE should have the whole story, in my opinion.

Tink44
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by Tink44 on Mar 23, 12 4:00 AM
tishythree wrote:this one is just not doing it for me its very flat theres an annoying lag between scenes the hog scenes are very cluttered all in all i will probably but it as a standard edition but for me just not worth double the price

This happened to me. There was a delay from five seconds up to twelve seconds between actions. Some of the HOG scenes were a bit gloomy. Nevertheless it seems a good game. Will wait until the standard version comes out and sees if the delays are improved.

[Post New]by Just_1_more_puzl on Mar 28, 12 8:39 AM
A bit slow in tempo, a bit annoying with the off tune Silent Night, but over all a good effort for a first go. While most of the demo things were fairly same old same old, I believe this game is worth a standard but not a collectors edition price. So far with the demo done I do not see anything that got me so excited i had to have the game right now... and that is the ONLY reason IMHO that you should ever pay for a Collectors anyway (especially with a game this easy).

[Post New]by SIRSLIMMYEEL on Apr 20, 12 9:15 PM
for the last 15 minutes I have tried to take the knife and make a VII in to VIII, no matter where I place the point of the knife it just goes back to where I have to pick it up again. This is in an junk pile just after you get through the gates. It is about 3/4 of the way through the game. Does that help? What am I doing wrong?

[Post New]by Ms_Bells24 on May 4, 12 10:15 AM
I just played a few minutes of this game but I will not buy it, well not in the C/E. I find there are many black outs between screens. Has anyone experienced this?? This is annoying to say the least.

Go to: