deeno2
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

Re:Reviews for Small Town Terrors: Livingston

[Post New]by deeno2 on Dec 19, 12 2:04 PM
I enjoyed this game very much. I don't remember the last game that kept me glued to the computer like this one did. I thought the mother was resorceful and determined to save her daughter. The dark grainyness was fitting to the mood of the game. I missed this game when it was offered the first time round but so glad I bought it on the special.

SMQMC
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

[Post New]by SMQMC on Jan 11, 13 1:38 PM
For me, this was a great game! Not horribly difficult, but with some very challenging mini games! I wound up using the walk-through for some. Just the right length for me as I tend to get bored if it's too long. Good story line and graphics. I enjoyed it right to the spine-tingling end. Very highly recommend it for those who enjoy a "creep" factor..

[Post New]by Maisie77 on Feb 11, 13 8:08 AM
Just finished the SE game and I loved it. There is a real sense of menace although don't worry if you're of a nervous disposition, I don't think I'm giving too much away if say that close encounters are kept to a minimum! Great puzzles and HOS and all the puzzles relate to the story line. I got stuck twice and had to resort to the walk-through but I'm not a purist so I don't mind that. Good long play length, plenty of action, it's challenging but not impossible to work out what to do. I liked the ending of this game, unlike many similar games it didn't just end abruptly and there is a great twist in the final moments.

Edited on 02/11/2013 at 8:08:30 AM PST

Jurinne
Clownfish
Clownfish
606 Posts

[Post New]by Jurinne on Mar 24, 13 12:37 PM
I like this game so far except for three things:
(1) The protagonist is an idiot and must be two feet in height if she cannot reach that crowbar.
(2) I HATE it when an item is found and is held on the screen and enlarged three times like I don't already know what it is and it must be displayed as if it is the most important thing in the world - please just put it in my Inventory. This has turned into a pet peeve of mine (along with not being able to use my name as the player's name because it has all of nine characters (that didn't happen in this game)).
(3) A pick axe cannot be used as a crowbar even if anyone with a modicum of intelligence would know that it can be under certain circumstances.

Yes, there is a map but it is not interactive. There is no journal and I miss that; it would be helpful. The Hint Button is slow to refill and most hints are of the "there is nothing to do here; check another area" type.

I suppose this is a good game for a rainy day. I like games that take place in small towns; the "Agony Creek" game is a favorite of mine. I don't like it when I can't explore, as in the present game.

So this game is OK and no more than that, based on what I have played so far.

[Post New]by whirled_peas on Apr 10, 13 9:48 PM
Wow! I really loved this game. Even played it again right away. Just the right amount of creepiness, not too many HOS and some fun adventure/puzzles to figure out. Although I rarely care about story - this one got me and was great to follow. And I LOVED the ending. While there was no hint of a sequel, I sure wish there will be one. I'd buy it right off.

chumface
Herring
Herring
355 Posts

[Post New]by chumface on Apr 13, 13 9:59 AM
Liked this one alot...had some innovation and kept me interested!

lisablue4369
Flounder
Flounder
2,105 Posts

[Post New]by lisablue4369 on Jun 26, 13 1:33 PM
we give the game a 2.5 out 5 the graphics are not up to date, we advise you to demo it, to see if you like it..................doug & lisa-------------------

Go to: