Re:The iPad version of Mystery Case Files ®: 13th Skull ™ Collector's Editionis here! March 23, 2

[Post New]by kms7913 on Jul 16, 12 10:27 AM
HELP!!!! Cant get the room below the trap door opened! I have the right signs from the fountain, but i cant get the door up!!!! Arrrgghh cant get any further and am so frustrated. Playing IPad 2

Edited on 07/16/2012 at 10:27:41 AM PST

Re:The iPad version of Mystery Case Files ®: 13th Skull ™ Collector's Editionis here! March 23, 20

[Post New]by Angel1271uk on Jul 16, 12 7:31 PM
I cant seem to find the last metal T, it keeps telling me to go to the contraption in the cemetary, but once im there it tells me im alone and to look around, as far as i know i have done everything i can in cemetary except for putting the metal T's in their spot, i have put 3 in, but cant find that forth one!!
Please help!!!

NanMoo
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

Re:The iPad version of Mystery Case Files ®: 13th Skull ™ Collector's Editionis here! March 23, 20

[Post New]by NanMoo on Jul 18, 12 12:03 AM
I am using an IPAD 1, and its frustrating to say the least. I am sure we dont get as much game as on a PC, which is not fair.

I have been trying to use the metal detector to find the coins, but how can I click on anything to activate/find a coin? Any suggestions how I find the 13th skull if I cant find the coins?

I love Big Fish games, but find most are not suitable for IPads, and it should say that.

Cheers

NanMoo

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

Re:The iPad version of Mystery Case Files ®: 13th Skull ™ Collector's Editionis here! March 23, 2

[Post New]by WilJul on Jul 20, 12 4:44 PM
NanMoo wrote:I am using an IPAD 1, and its frustrating to say the least. I am sure we dont get as much game as on a PC, which is not fair.

I have been trying to use the metal detector to find the coins, but how can I click on anything to activate/find a coin? Any suggestions how I find the 13th skull if I cant find the coins?

I love Big Fish games, but find most are not suitable for IPads, and it should say that.

Cheers

NanMoo

Hi NanMoo! See if this excerpt from the FAQs helps you out:

I can’t get the METAL DETECTOR/SHOVEL to work!
The trick with the metal detector and digging holes is to NEVER move your cursor once the light on the metal detector turns green. To begin – wave your metal detector around until the light turns solid green, then, without moving your cursor, click your mouse button and your shovel will appear. Then, without moving your cursor, click about three more times to dig the hole.

ETA: Also, make sure you have the shovel in your inventory first!

Edited on 07/20/2012 at 8:00:04 PM PST

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Jul 20, 12 4:56 PM
Angel1271uk wrote:I cant seem to find the last metal T, it keeps telling me to go to the contraption in the cemetary, but once im there it tells me im alone and to look around, as far as i know i have done everything i can in cemetary except for putting the metal T's in their spot, i have put 3 in, but cant find that forth one!!
Please help!!!

These are the locations of the four Ts SPOILER (highlight below to read):
1. chandelier
2. Upside down coffin under the crypt
3. On the puzzle itself
4. From Lewis

Good luck!

[Post New]by Sassy82 on Jul 23, 12 1:22 PM
Hi, i just purchased the HD iPad version of "13th Skull", and having a very frustrating technical issue. I'm stuck at the graveyard because, even though I got the lantern posted on the statue, unlocked the chest to find the parchment with the Roman symbols and cut up the tattered canvas with the skull on it and broke the wall to go thru, when I went back up to the room with the skull canvas, the canvas and wall behind it were there, untouched, and now the garden shears I used to cut the canvas are missing from my inventory...!!!!!
Now, I've put quite some effort into getting this far and won't be starting all over again so I need a quick fix. It's extremely frustrating and very annoying. I scoured the manor and whatnot in search for another pair of shears with no luck. HELP!

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Jul 23, 12 9:55 PM
Sassy82 wrote:Hi, i just purchased the HD iPad version of "13th Skull", and having a very frustrating technical issue. I'm stuck at the graveyard because, even though I got the lantern posted on the statue, unlocked the chest to find the parchment with the Roman symbols and cut up the tattered canvas with the skull on it and broke the wall to go thru, when I went back up to the room with the skull canvas, the canvas and wall behind it were there, untouched, and now the garden shears I used to cut the canvas are missing from my inventory...!!!!!
Now, I've put quite some effort into getting this far and won't be starting all over again so I need a quick fix. It's extremely frustrating and very annoying. I scoured the manor and whatnot in search for another pair of shears with no luck. HELP!

Hi Sassy 82! Welcome to the forums! I'm so sorry you're having this trouble. This is a new issue, I've never heard of this particular problem before. A few questions first, did you actually go through the hole in the wall you made? And you checked your inventory by clicking the blue arrows to look at other pages in inventory for the shears? If yes to above, it might be a new iPad glitch. You can try uninstalling and reinstalling your game, you shouldn't lose your game progress. If that doesn't work you may need to get in touch with tech support directly. Again, sorry about your troubles and good luck!

Edited on 08/17/2012 at 1:02:37 AM PST

[Post New]by Sassy82 on Jul 24, 12 2:16 AM
Hi WilJul,
Thanks for your prompt response. I did go thru the hole in the wall and did check my full inventory by clicking the side arrows... The shears are not there
I'll try un-/reinstalling the game and see what happens. Thanks again

[Post New]by Sassy82 on Jul 24, 12 10:22 AM
I lost my game progress after reinstalling! Very upsetting.

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Jul 28, 12 2:33 AM
Sassy82 wrote:I lost my game progress after reinstalling! Very upsetting.

Ack! Really??!! That is not supposed to happen at all! Please contact tech support and let them know you're having this trouble, they may be able to help you figure it out. I don't blame you for being a very upset fishie!

[Post New]by kez_lee_bee on Jul 30, 12 9:45 PM
How do I open the contraption in the room under the trap door, I have cleaned the pond and I can see the symbols (however, nothing is in my notebook), when I put the matching symbols in nothing happens, am I missing something???

I have had to restart the game over already because it froze, this game seems to be super glitchy! So, I'm hoping that there is simply something I have missed!

[Post New]by cedwardson on Aug 1, 12 6:48 AM
Hi hoping you can help.
I've gone to the shack and seen the wallet with the ID cards, on returning to the bar to speak with the customer the video started to run but got buggy and dropped out, the hint keeps telling me to speak to him and I cant seem to move on, I get the standard responses from him now. I've retraced my steps back to the shack and tried at the bar again but no luck getting the video to play again or the game allowing me to move on, I've looked ahead on the walkthrough so went to the house just in case but its still not letting me move on.

I've shut down my ipad2 and restarted but no luck and I'm on a full charge.

Thanks for any help.

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Aug 1, 12 12:31 PM
Hi cedwardson and Welcome to the Forums.

I'm sorry you're having trouble playing this game on your iPad. If you haven't already done so, you can also try uninstalling and reinstalling the game. You can read more about how to do that in our help article here.

If that doesn't get things straightened out, please get in touch with our Tech Support team so they can start working with you directly to get this issue resolved. You can contact them by clicking on the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages. From there, click "Contact Us" on the left of that screen to submit a support ticket.

Hope that helps!

bfgMonongahela

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Aug 5, 12 6:55 PM
kez_lee_bee wrote:How do I open the contraption in the room under the trap door, I have cleaned the pond and I can see the symbols (however, nothing is in my notebook), when I put the matching symbols in nothing happens, am I missing something???

I have had to restart the game over already because it froze, this game seems to be super glitchy! So, I'm hoping that there is simply something I have missed!

The only thing I can think of to suggest is to click on the symbols in the fountain so that your game knows you have seen them. They may then appear in your casebook. Hope that helps, but I'm not sure.

[Post New]by Seastars75 on Sep 21, 12 8:59 AM
Where can i find the fourth T shape???? I only have 3. Cannot continue the game.

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Sep 21, 12 11:05 AM
Hi Seastars75,

It looks like WilJul posted about the 4 Ts above, but made the locations kind of hidden so it wouldn't be too much of a spoiler.

Here are those hints:

WilJul wrote:These are the locations of the four Ts SPOILER (highlight below to read):
1. chandelier
2. Upside down coffin under the crypt
3. On the puzzle itself
4. From Lewis
Good luck!

Hope that helps!

bfgMonongahela

[Post New]by Seastars75 on Sep 22, 12 7:14 AM
There's no T shape on the puzzle. So strange...

[Post New]by bobgoon on Oct 6, 12 12:44 PM
I'm also stuck on the 4 T's quest. I have found them all, but the last T, hanging from the coffin, The game will not let me take it from the skeletons hand. Is there a trick to it to get it out of his grip? Or should I just be able to take it? I can't get the T so I can't get my map pieces and I can't continue the game. Why is the T puzzle the only one without the skip option when thats the only one i've ever needed to skip? PLZ HELP

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Oct 8, 12 2:44 AM
bobgoon wrote:I'm also stuck on the 4 T's quest. I have found them all, but the last T, hanging from the coffin, The game will not let me take it from the skeletons hand. Is there a trick to it to get it out of his grip? Or should I just be able to take it? I can't get the T so I can't get my map pieces and I can't continue the game. Why is the T puzzle the only one without the skip option when thats the only one i've ever needed to skip? PLZ HELP

Hi bobgoon! Welcome to the forums!
I don't have any good news for you. Unfortunately this is a long and lingering glitch. There is no fix, but there is a work around - start over under a new player name and make sure you hammer the coffin as soon as you arrive in that scene, do not do anything else first. I strongly suggest that you contat tech support and report this problem! If more and more people complain, aybe someday they'll actually get around to fixing it! To contact tech support, click on the green envelope to the right of these posts on this page, then when the new page comes up look on the left hand side and click on "Contact Us". Sorry I don't have better news.

[Post New]by fmstocco on Oct 15, 12 11:21 AM
Hi, I believe this is a bug, please help.
I did everything right also followed the walkthrough but when I enter the room of treasure, where the 13 skeletons are, there is no Crown's phantom sitting at the table. No matter what I do, he does not show, so I can't kill him. Is he afraid of me LOL
Must be a bug. Please help.

Go to: