Nivza
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

Re:Post any Life Quest® 2: Metropoville technical issues here only

[Post New]by Nivza on Apr 21, 12 7:30 PM
My issue has to do with trophies >.> I'm not sure how I could get People Champion, and NOT the Complete 3 life quests trophy and yes it was within the 100 days :/

[Post New]by Eleanor1981 on Apr 22, 12 9:45 AM
shilliker wrote:Same issue as the rest. Played the game almost to entirety, now I get the access violation message when I try to load the game. Can't play it anymore, tried all suggestions in the forum to no avail. Hopefully a new version comes out? Anyone know if they are working on a new version or are trying to fix the problem?

yes as i said earlier they have contacted the developer and are waiting for them to fix the issue

Re: Post any Life Quest® 2: Metropoville technical issues here only

[Post New]by Eleanor1981 on Apr 22, 12 9:47 AM
GeorgeTSLC wrote:ALL suggestions? Including deleting the folder and starting over entirely??

i have tried everything suggested three times over and to no prevail

[Post New]by shilliker on Apr 22, 12 3:47 PM
GeorgeTSLC wrote:ALL suggestions? Including deleting the folder and starting over entirely??

Yup, as Eleanor1981 wrote, three times over and to no prevail.

Eleanor thanks for the update about the developer, must have missed the post earlier, did not see it.

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Apr 22, 12 8:50 PM
Nivza wrote:My issue has to do with trophies >.> I'm not sure how I could get People Champion, and NOT the Complete 3 life quests trophy and yes it was within the 100 days :/
There is no trophy for completing 3 Life Quests. There is one, called Challenger, for completing 3 Life Challenges.

IF you declined to compete w/ other characters in all or nearly all of your 1st & 2nd level challenges, and IF what the trophy actually requires are opposed challenges--which I admit seems rathers a stretch--I suppose that could happen.

mawam
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
7 Posts

[Post New]by mawam on Apr 24, 12 5:07 AM
My game freezes and crashes as soon as i buy it and it's the same with My Life Story. Please help.

[Post New]by Beany_458 on Apr 24, 12 10:07 PM
While I appreciate the suggest to change the widescreen setting through the options menu inside the game, the widescreen prevents me from accessing it. Any other options?

[Post New]by Eleanor1981 on Apr 26, 12 7:07 AM
shilliker wrote:

Yup, as Eleanor1981 wrote, three times over and to no prevail.

Eleanor thanks for the update about the developer, must have missed the post earlier, did not see it.

Oh! No Problem!
So frustrating still cant believe this hasnt been fixed i hope BF are reading this please put some pressure on someone somewhere!! Thing is the game shouldnt still be available to purchase when BF and the developers know there is a problem, if I had read these issues prior to purchase then I wouldnt have bothered its just a waste of money and a waste of time

Vacation with spouse

[Post New]by mamaqs4 on Apr 27, 12 9:23 AM
Everytime I try to go on any vacation the game freezes and I have to ctrl alt del to get the game to close

Edited on 04/27/2012 at 9:26:15 AM PST

[Post New]by leoueki on Apr 28, 12 10:20 PM
Game doesn't work for me. Like a lot of people already reported - after typing in my name, game crashes - no log, no clues. Very sad since I wanted to play the game I bought but can't because it was not tested correctly...

Using Windows 7 64.

[Post New]by Pillz2000 on May 2, 12 8:16 PM
Process: Life Quest 2 [383]
Path: /Applications/Life Quest 2.app/Contents/Resources/Life Quest 2.app/Contents/MacOS/Life Quest 2
Identifier: com.bigfishgames.Life-Quest-2
Version: 1.0 (1)
Code Type: X86 (Native)
Parent Process: MacGameLauncher [382]

Date/Time: 2012-05-02 23:11:58.637 -0400
OS Version: Mac OS X 10.7.3 (11D50b)
Report Version: 9

Interval Since Last Report: 1331675 sec
Crashes Since Last Report: 11
Per-App Interval Since Last Report: 27735 sec
Per-App Crashes Since Last Report: 3
Anonymous UUID: ABD66581-E998-4C50-8D57-9626F1BA5C2F

Crashed Thread: 0 Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGBUS)
Exception Codes: KERN_PROTECTION_FAILURE at 0x0000000000000428

VM Regions Near 0x428:
--> __PAGEZERO 0000000000000000-0000000000001000 [ 4K] ---/--- SM=NUL /Applications/Life Quest 2.app/Contents/Resources/Life Quest 2.app/Contents/MacOS/Life Quest 2
__TEXT 0000000000001000-00000000022b2000 [ 34.7M] r-x/rwx SM=COW /Applications/Life Quest 2.app/Contents/Resources/Life Quest 2.app/Contents/MacOS/Life Quest 2

Application Specific Information:
objc[383]: garbage collection is OFF

Thread 0 Crashed:: Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread
0 com.bigfishgames.Life-Quest-2 0x0078cb7c NPC: eadyToDate() + 12
1 com.bigfishgames.Life-Quest-2 0x00a767d0 ChallengeDetail::checkForAlreadyComplete() + 1504
2 com.bigfishgames.Life-Quest-2 0x00a76f5c ChallengeDetail::ActivateTask() + 44
3 com.bigfishgames.Life-Quest-2 0x00a704da LifeQuestManager: etActiveRace(Challenge*) + 170
4 com.bigfishgames.Life-Quest-2 0x00978035 InterfaceSelfImprovement::finishUp(bool, bool) + 85
5 com.bigfishgames.Life-Quest-2 0x0097834c InterfaceSelfImprovement::onChallengeAcceptRemoveOpponent(EEvent*) + 60
6 com.bigfishgames.Life-Quest-2 0x00c05567 EventHandler::triggerListenersOfType(std::string, EEvent*) + 83
7 com.bigfishgames.Life-Quest-2 0x00c05896 EventHandler: ispatchEvent(EEvent*) + 98
8 com.bigfishgames.Life-Quest-2 0x00ba84a2 KUIElement::sendMessage(long, float, float, long, long, char const*, KUIElement*) + 178
9 com.bigfishgames.Life-Quest-2 0x00ba353b KUIButton::click() + 91
10 com.bigfishgames.Life-Quest-2 0x00ba35f5 KUIButton::handleEvent(KEvent*) + 165
11 com.bigfishgames.Life-Quest-2 0x00baa987 KUIElement::dispatchMouseEventToSubTree(KEvent*, KUIElement*, float, float) + 8

Lavender101
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by Lavender101 on May 3, 12 3:33 PM
PILLZ2000, I can see you are new here. What you want to do is click on the green envelope that you see on the right side of this screen and tell Customer Support about your problem. That way if it isn't something they are going to fix (which at this point I don't think they are), they will exchange the game for another one (a different one, but hopefully one that works). Welcome to the forums. Best of luck!

[Post New]by cthesites on May 12, 12 10:29 PM
I have exactly the same issue!
melissankris wrote:I have tried everything I can and now it erased all my game and then it will load only to name page and then it freezes. I really liked this game please fix errors.

[Post New]by Cole006 on May 14, 12 7:55 AM
I am having the exact problem like leoueki and I see that people have been a lot of technical problems as well.. Any news from the customer /technical support????

leoueki wrote:Game doesn't work for me. Like a lot of people already reported - after typing in my name, game crashes - no log, no clues. Very sad since I wanted to play the game I bought but can't because it was not tested correctly...

Using Windows 7 64.

[Post New]by October_Leaf on May 16, 12 1:12 AM
Have same issue.

I have the intro and then when I enter my name and I press enter the game crash... I tried all the technical support tricks... didn't work ... Piss off when you pay for something and i don't work like that...

[Post New]by hugsie on May 20, 12 3:06 PM
Same issues as everybody else. I've been trying for over a month now, uninstalling it and installing it again. Did all the steps posted in this thread and nothing has work.

[Post New]by haz4russandbaby on May 26, 12 6:13 AM
Im struggling to play Life quest 2 when i get to create charactor i cant change colour or move on from there at all need advice please

[Post New]by brittier8 on May 30, 12 9:46 AM

Thank you SOOOOO much Lavender101 -- you fixed my annoying problem!

Lavender101 wrote:
minmu wrote:Here's another person really hoping for a patch soon. I played the game beginning to end twice and on the 100th day of the 3rd game, the screen froze, cntrl-alt-del didn't work and I had to turn the power off on the computer. When I rebooted and started back up again, I hate to wait through the long intro, got to point when I entered my name (because all traces of previous games/profiles were gone) and then I got the access error. I am very perplexed because the game worked for many hours and wasn't connected to the internet so no programs were updated/changed in the meantime--it just quick working. I really enjoy this type of game and would rather have a fix than a replacement coupon. Crossing my fingers for a good update soon. I have tried all the normal troubleshooting (updating software/drivers, un-,re-installing, etc.) without a solution.

That is exactly what happend to me. I contacted customer support via the green envelope and someone got back to me and suggested that I try this:

We can try deleting the save data. It may be that the save data is encountering a problem and preventing the game from running properly.

If you're ok with trying this, before we get rid of the save data, go ahead and uninstall Life Quest 2: Metropoville from your Game Manager once more by clicking on the 'Trash Can' Icon next to the game.

To delete the save data for Life Quest 2 on your computer, you can follow these steps:
Open the Start menu.
In the search box at the bottom of the Start menu, type Folder Options and press the Enter key.
Click the View tab.
Under Advanced Settings, click Show hidden files and folders
Click Apply and OK
Go back and click the Start button again, and this time select Computer
Open Local Disk (C: )
Open the Users folder
Find and double-click the username you're currently signed in to Windows with
Open AppData
Open the Roaming folder
Open the Big Fish Games folder
Click on the LifeQuest2 folder and press the Delete button on your keyboard to delete the folder
On the window that comes up, select Yes to send the folder to the Recycle Bin.

After deleting the save data, try reinstalling Life Quest 2 from your Purchase History.

I did that and everythingworked fine after that. Good Luck!

[Post New]by dnewell91 on Jun 3, 12 9:38 AM
Hi,
I bought a car on a sale, but instead of upgrading me, I'm still driving my bike. How do I switch over to the car?

Thanks!

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Jun 3, 12 1:09 PM
haz4russandbaby wrote:Im struggling to play Life quest 2 when i get to create charactor i cant change colour or move on from there at all need advice please
Green envelope in the right-hand column here. Perform all proposed fixes until either one works or they give up and issue you a game credit.

Can't really lose (compared esp. to waiting for an answer in the forum!), more likely will--eventually--win!

Go to: