guylee1
Marlin
Marlin
8,309 Posts

Re:TGT - Coyote`s Tale: Fire and Water

[Post New]by guylee1 on Jan 29, 09 12:10 PM
nope not for me. the acting drove me nuts and you can't skip it. Too easy anyways.

[Post New]by patecatl_eq on Jan 29, 09 12:35 PM
Once again, I want to thank everyone who has given the game a chance and posted their thoughts. There has been a lot of advancements in the Hidden-Object genre since CT was first designed and we've got some exciting ideas of where to take our future HO games. A big part of that is the kind of feedback we see here on the BigFish forums.

For those that have played the game and do like Coyote's stories... which story is your favorite (without spoilers)?

Personally, I like Coyote's opinion on doctors.

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Jan 29, 09 12:59 PM
OOOPPPSSS!!! Attention, Matt!!

There is no auto-save when I exit the game, and when I enter the game again - I am asked to choose a name, and it starts from the first chapter again.

Please make fast a patch (patch, because it's a large file, and takes a lot of time to download it).

I uninstalled and reinstalled the game, and still no auto-save on the exit, which forces me to begin always to play from the first chapter.

Thanks!

juliamadeane
Flounder
Flounder
2,137 Posts

[Post New]by juliamadeane on Jan 29, 09 1:08 PM
Welcome to the Pond Granny & Mjduroy!!

I've played about half of the demo. I am not having issues with the cursor, I don't mind the dialog. The minigames seem fine and with the assurances of patecatl that they do get more difficult, I am considering buying. I am not a big fan of the interface (remember, I didn't like Mushroom Age and Book of Legends for the same reason) for some reason it just seems jerky (as in motion). I did like the comments made by the Gods, but then again . . . I'm a dialog girl!!

The story seems like it has potential (and y'all know me and story potential--almost as finicky as me and chocolate) and I LOVE the American (meaning both South and North American continents) ancient folklore aspect.

Just as a great big kudo ... love the fact that there is the relaxed mode option and it is just as involved and intricate as the time mode. In other words, you didn't "dumb it down" when you put in the relaxed mode. That is appreciated!!

I am putting this on my possibilities list!!

Jule

juliamadeane
Flounder
Flounder
2,137 Posts

[Post New]by juliamadeane on Jan 29, 09 1:11 PM
Rebeca_Lily wrote:OOOPPPSSS!!! Attention, Matt!!

There is no auto-save when I exit the game, and when I enter the game again - I am asked to choose a name, and it starts from the first chapter again.

Please make fast a patch (patch, because it's a large file, and takes a lot of time to download it).

I uninstalled and reinstalled the game, and still no auto-save on the exit, which forces me to begin always to play from the first chapter.

Thanks!

Rebeca -- Mine did auto-save; I just popped back in to check!

Edited on 01/29/2009 at 1:12:14 PM PST

Gentlsong
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,865 Posts

[Post New]by Gentlsong on Jan 29, 09 1:21 PM
patecatl_eq wrote:
keltica wrote:I'm downloading this game as I type, but it keeps on stopping, I hope this isn't a bad sign ... lol .... It's been 2 hours now and I'm upto 6% . grrrrrrrrrrrr

This happens to me at the office but not at home. I had to keep resuming the download of "Book of Legends" over and over before I got it all. It might be an issue with our web access here at work, but I'm unsure.

I do recommend "Book of Legends", btw.

- Coyote

I am starting to strongly suspect that this happens because a VPN is involved somewhere along the line. I work from home and use a VPN connection to access my company's software. I have noticed especially lately that when I'm trying to download games while I'm working, they are EXTREMELY slow and almost always require me to frequently pause and restart so the download doesn't get totally stalled. I usually have very few problems downloading when not connected to the VPN. Coyote, do you use a VPN (or maybe other kind of network other than home network) at the office? I'm really curious to find out whether this might actually be part of my problem or if I need to get the cable company involved.

Thanks!

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Jan 29, 09 1:23 PM
juliamadeane wrote:

Thanks!

Wow!!! What am I going to do??? Help!!!

juliamadeane
Flounder
Flounder
2,137 Posts

[Post New]by juliamadeane on Jan 29, 09 1:27 PM
REBECCA YOU'RE A SEAHORSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats!!!!!!!

Jule

[Post New]by patecatl_eq on Jan 29, 09 1:28 PM
Hey folks,

The best way that I can help is to collect the information from that you send to BigFish's customer support. If you're experience troubles of any kind, please contact them.

http://www.bigfishgames.com/help

As they collect more information, we'll be able to help more people playing and enjoying the game soon.

--

On a different note, here's some Coyote's Tale trivia!

'Max' (the god of games and gambling) is short for Macuilxochitl. His name means "Prince of the Five Flowers". And that is why he has you look for five flowers before earning another hint.

Gentlsong
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,865 Posts

[Post New]by Gentlsong on Jan 29, 09 1:29 PM
lordkalvan wrote:

.....3. I really miss the word play that my favorite HOs have. By this I mean a clue such as "club" could be a playing card symbol, a policeman's billy club, a caveman type club, a golf club, the word club (possibly buried inside some other word), etc. Being able to see the images is great when I'm stuck, and it would kill any such word play fun for people using the images mode instead of the list of words mode. This isn't an instant no type thing for me, it's just that when it's there I'm a lot more likely to buy in the first 15 minutes.

I REALLY enjoy this type of clues also!! I also like it when searching a scene for more than 1 of a certain item (such as blank number of candles), that each instance of that generic item be different somehow...different kinds or colors of candles, different kinds/colors of cats, etc.

juliamadeane
Flounder
Flounder
2,137 Posts

[Post New]by juliamadeane on Jan 29, 09 1:32 PM
patecatl_eq wrote:Hey folks,

The best way that I can help is to collect the information from that you send to BigFish's customer support. If you're experience troubles of any kind, please contact them.

http://www.bigfishgames.com/help

As they collect more information, we'll be able to help more people playing and enjoying the game soon.

--

On a different note, here's some Coyote's Tale trivia!

'Max' (the god of games and gambling) is short for Macuilxochitl. His name means "Prince of the Five Flowers". And that is why he has you look for five flowers before earning another hint.

Someone knows his mythology!!!

suzangh
Shark
Shark
10,217 Posts

[Post New]by suzangh on Jan 29, 09 1:32 PM
just to add my 2 cents here.
This game was not exciting for me.

I do like the image/list feature though. I don't like the whole flowers thing. And you can only get one hint until the 'god' gives you another heart? Weird. Okay, anyway, not for me.
Maybe it gets better later but I think I'll use my next credit for mystery p.i. instead.

Thanks for your time!

Gentlsong
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,865 Posts

[Post New]by Gentlsong on Jan 29, 09 1:35 PM
Rebeca_Lily wrote:
juliamadeane wrote:

Thanks!

Wow!!! What am I going to do??? Help!!!

Rebeca,

Did you reboot the computer between uninstall and reinstall? If not, that might help!

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

[Post New]by bribling on Jan 29, 09 1:36 PM
Coyote, thank you for contributing to this thread. I am always happy to have input from Game designers and developers and love it when you listen to our opinions. Good for all of us!

I liked the Demo very much and intend on buying this game probably on Feb. 1. I did not get very far into the Game because I listened and read everything. I did not want to miss a thing! I have no opinion yet on a favorite tale but like the two or three I have heard so far. I look forward to them all and to meeting all the Gods.

Harriju
Clownfish
Clownfish
593 Posts

[Post New]by Harriju on Jan 29, 09 1:45 PM
I love the game. Very relaxing and well worth the money!! More please!!

dtouchton
Manatee
Manatee
4,156 Posts

[Post New]by dtouchton on Jan 29, 09 1:53 PM
I really do like this game as I said before. I haven't had to "use" any hints and I have 3 hearts. On the 5th flower I think it automatically gives you a hint which I don't like but at the end of that level it gives you another heart. (If I am remembering correctly). I have enjoyed it. I am more than half done so other than the darkness of it and making it where it soedn't give you that hint, I'd like it to be a little longer. (Even though, it's still a good deal for the $)

When I buy it, I will restart as another player and read everything.

BTW, I only skipped the square inthe skulls game. I was getting frustrated because I was on the demo hour. Next time, I won't skip it. And I do play the timed version.

Edited on 01/29/2009 at 1:54:38 PM PST

[Post New]by patecatl_eq on Jan 29, 09 1:55 PM
suzangh wrote:just to add my 2 cents here.
This game was not exciting for me.

I do like the image/list feature though. I don't like the whole flowers thing. And you can only get one hint until the 'god' gives you another heart? Weird. Okay, anyway, not for me.
Maybe it gets better later but I think I'll use my next credit for mystery p.i. instead.

Thanks for your time!

Thanks for your time and feedback, suzangh! Maybe our next game will be more your style.

bribling wrote:I liked the Demo very much and intend on buying this game probably on Feb. 1. I did not get very far into the Game because I listened and read everything. I did not want to miss a thing! I have no opinion yet on a favorite tale but like the two or three I have heard so far. I look forward to them all and to meeting all the Gods.

I'm glad to hear that you're enjoying it, bribling! And if you don't want to miss anything, try playing through the game in both modes. Coyote has a couple different stories that he tells each sister.

Also... there is a critical event during the game. And it's interesting to see this scene from each sister's perspective once you've discovered what REALLY happened.

NancyJ7253
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by NancyJ7253 on Jan 29, 09 1:56 PM
Is this game supposed to take 2+ hours to download?? I know it's a big file but really! I have DSL and have never had a game take this long to download and after reading some of the reviews I'm really wondering if it will be worth my time waiting. I'm planning on giving it a try but not sure I'll buy it. Just wondering if anyone else waited this long for this game to download.

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Jan 29, 09 1:56 PM
Patecatl, thanks, that's just what I did - I wrote the support team, and I hope they will help me (usually they are very helpful)...

Julia - yes, I saw that I am a seahorse, and I just feel like one...

Jentlsong, I rebooted the comp - nothing happened.

Weird, I have more than 50 BF games, never had tech problems.

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Jan 29, 09 2:06 PM
It took me less than 10 minutes to download. I wasn't timing it, so I don't know how much less. This same computer hosts 4 (test) socket servers, and I was checking email and catching up on forums and IMs at the same time too.

Go to: