Silvia_B
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

Re:Reviews for Antique Mysteries: Secrets of Howard's Mansion

[Post New]by Silvia_B on Jun 13, 12 4:20 PM
I absolutely loved this game. I played it 3 times. The animation is great. The puzzles were many & lots of fun. The music & sounds were great. I smiled through the entire game. Only frustrating part was the auction, which is optional. I did great in the beginning but those last auctions were so fast plus it would give me an undeserved red x which was very annoying. I hope a lot of people demo this game. It was great fun!

Silvia

qpr1
Clownfish
Clownfish
733 Posts

[Post New]by qpr1 on Jun 28, 12 7:01 AM
SOME OF THE PUZZLES WERE DIFFERENT, some were frustrating, most of the h.o. scene objects were way too small, story and music were boring amd the gnomes were just plain irritating!

[Post New]by lisacool253 on Jun 30, 12 5:46 AM
This is a very good game! You have to restore a priceless collection of antiques left behind in the mansion of recently deceased billionaire Sheldon Howard. The puzzles are great, the storyline gives you a good reason to have piles of stuff everywhere. I like the fact that it actually took a little thought (and logic!) sometimes to work out which inventory items needed using where – Every scene has lots of things to do. It's not dark and dreary like so many games lately which is a real plus. The graphics are beautifully crafted and the music sounds like a John Barry score for a James Bond movie – which is great, if a little repetitive. The interface is fine and the whole game has a very polished feel to it. Plenty of help if you want it, easy to ignore the help if you want to do it all on your own. Do check the demo and decide for yourself!

Edited on 06/30/2012 at 6:49:55 AM PST

[Post New]by lauragav75 on Jun 30, 12 9:34 PM
Cool game! In HOPA games we usually play as a private detective. No limitations, no control by the law Here we have been hired (as an expert antique collector) to restore the precious antiques hidden in a mysterious mansion. This cyclopic estate of Sheldon Howard is full of secret rooms, apartments and passages, created by the deceased oil tycoon. He spent lot of money to his another obsession - antique collecting. He bought most expensive and most valuable antique artifacts(From Leaf Erikson's viking helmet to Marilyn Monroe's celebrity collection) all over the world for years. And spent many years of his life trying to hide all traces of these rooms' existence and find clever ways to hide entrances into the rooms. We need to unlock the secrets behinds his mysterious behavior!!

Your interest into finding hidden locations isn't just sport And now Sheldon has died & antique collection mysteriously disappeared in the plain air! Looks like Sheldon Howard hide it in the secret rooms just before he died, so now you must find this collection and solve the antique mystery. The shear variety of puzzles, mysterious secret rooms, & antiques are interesting. Ultimately we are unlocking the mystery behind the death of just Howard & his dear wife Hannah. And we have to pay a small price for that effort too

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on Jul 3, 12 7:23 PM
I really enjoy this game. I won't list all the great details. Other reviewer's have already done a great job. I do prefer widescreen, as fullscreen stretche's off the side's for those of us with widescreen monitor's. Some of the objects are to small to find, but overall I really like the storyline and gameplay very much. I bought this game already. Great job developers and thank you . Forsure give this one a try. Enjoy!

I rate this game "PIGLET"

My "Terms" for Hogs,IHogs,Frogs & Other types of games.

FINE SWINE:
Great game. Bells and whistles, best, greatest, I love it.

PIGLET:
Good game. I like it! Hog,Frog,Ihog. For true lover's of these types of games

PORK BELLY:
Likable game for some, but not for everyone.

TROTTER:
Pig's foot, don't run away with buying it. lol

PIG DOWN:
Rolling in the mudd, don't go near it or you'll get soiled.

‘ ‘
(o)

bootsky
Stingray
Stingray
5,333 Posts

[Post New]by bootsky on Jul 4, 12 12:45 PM
I liked this game......I bought it after 45 mins of play.....just a light hearted romp through a mansion...no creepy things jumping out, no blood etc. I liked the auctions too which break up the story but only if you want to play them.
Very entertaining...thanks

Itsupikachu
Flounder
Flounder
2,158 Posts

[Post New]by Itsupikachu on Jul 4, 12 1:22 PM
Hi Ajish and Bijish,

Thank you for requesting my opinion of your "Antique Mysteries" game. I did purchase it and wanted to play beyond the trial before giving you my opinion. Overall, I like the game quite a lot. The graphics are clear and colorful and I especially enjoyed the audible voice which I thought was well done. The hint button was pretty good and re-filled relatively fast enough. Some of the puzzles were a bit difficult for me but some were really enjoyable. I appreciated the skip button for those I had trouble with. One of the biggest plusses of the game was that there are NO occult themes and that is VERY important to me. I won't buy a game with occult themes-I won't even play the trial if I know such themes are present.

I did have a few cons with one of them being some of the hidden objects are quite small and, therefore, difficult for my aging eyes to see so, in that regard, I suggest that you make the objects a bit larger in future games. Also, I had quite a bit of difficulty with the figuring out how to move the stage coach and car from the secret room and finally had to use the walkthrough in order to progress in the game.

All in all, though, I was glad I bought the game and I feel you did a very good job with your first game. I will be looking for your next one and, as long as your games do not contain any occult and, preferably, have audible voices, I will, in all probability be one of your customers. I wish you success on your future endeavors and want to thank you for an interesting, and fun, first game.

All The Best,
Karla Varga

technocratee
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

Good but not quite

[Post New]by technocratee on Jul 13, 12 7:17 AM
Hello Ajish & Bijish
I also thank you for requesting my feedback.
I'm pleased to be asked for my humble review from a developer.
I hadn't noticed this game before and didn't try it probably because of the title: '..Mansion..', Many mansion games around.

Based on the Demo.
It's a no buy for me, maybe at $2.99 if I need to fill my punch.
Might please many of you. It has a lot going for it.
Feels more like an IHOG, I prefer more of an interactive mystery story. Just didn't catch my attention.
You're supposed to collect antiques in a house with secret rooms and passages.
I know something happened to the rich tycoon owner I guess that's the mystery.
Reminds of the true story of the Winchester widow who never endingly built a mansion now presumably haunted. The story aired on TV recently on William Shatner's Weird or What.
Read more in the thread 'Interesting factoid about the plot'.

Pros:
Many unusual mini games.
Clear colorful graphics.
For those who like it, it has trophies from artifacts collected with they're story.
Hidden rooms and passages to discover.
It has a journal and a map, you can't jump from the map.
It's a high quality game.
Cons:
The HOGs were scattered junk piles although I wasn't bothered by small objects, graphics were clear enough.
Puzzles were easy. Felt like objects were placed here and there.
In the demo I didn't feel what the story was.
Hint recharge is slow. I prefer buying or working for a hint.

Worth a try.

[Post New]by kimelizabeth309 on Jul 14, 12 10:22 AM
Howards mansion - An eccentric's mansion reputed for it's defame, much like the world famous Winchestor Mystery House of Sarah Winchestor

Shelly - A creative mind with a child's sillyness. No one sees shelly's tears, because he was walking in the rain.

Seymour - A piglet

Hannah - A teardrop

Gnome - without their play, game will not be perfect

lisablue4369
Flounder
Flounder
2,105 Posts

[Post New]by lisablue4369 on Aug 1, 12 6:34 AM
this game is very fun and you get to play with knomes, the puzzles are different and the game is FUN. a buy for us.-----------doug & lisa

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on Sep 12, 12 4:31 PM
Game seemed like it may have had some possibilites, but way too much clicking and moving around. Had a Map, but it wasn't a jump map and personally I couldn't really see to what advantage it was. HOS and mini games were easy and interesting enough...yes, some items were small, but the hint button did recharge quickly and there seemed to be no penalties. Slow game, maybe a 2.5 ....not a buy for me.

zorrogumbo
Clownfish
Clownfish
550 Posts

[Post New]by zorrogumbo on Oct 13, 12 4:33 PM
very refreshing and clear game. Different kind of puzzles and i will buy the next installment for sure. I am so tired of dark and witches and potions. ..;; happy gamer I am...

[Post New]by Miniatures1 on Jan 13, 13 12:22 PM
GREAT GAME a nice change from the usual Dark and scarey. Please more like this

Mickeycb
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by Mickeycb on Jan 29, 13 9:42 PM
I really enjoyed this game. I know a lot of reviews complained about items not being big enough to see, but I did not have that problem. This game was so full of surprises and fun puzzles and I thought very innovative story line. There were only two things that could be improved. First off, in the beginning there are no "reset" buttons for when you need to restart a puzzle. Not a biggie, the puzzle does reset, it's just it would be nice to have one. I did notice later in the game there was a reset button. The other problem was I thought once I finished the game I would be able to access the gallery and THEN continue with the auction/ upgrades for the gallery. NOT! Didn't happen. I was really looking forward to doing that part, but when I hit the play button again, under my profile, it just restarted. UGH, disappointment. However, aside from those two minor details, I loved this game.Very different, and not a lot of running around, either. It does not happen often, but this is one game that I had to finish in one sitting. I could not walk away from it. It didn't take very long, but it was so enjoyable that it really did not take anything away from the game.

WolfandMoon
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by WolfandMoon on Feb 26, 13 11:15 PM
What a fun and relaxing game. There is no time limit and there is an option to skip the puzzles. The puzzles have instructions which is helpful, and some are harder than others. The auction game is fun but it gets more challenging as you go on. As you explore the mansion you uncover the clues to what happened to the poor former owner. You get help from an unexpected friend. The ending is cute.

[Post New]by madcindy01 on Mar 30, 14 9:25 PM
I have bought several games like this where you have to go through different scenes. I did not care for this game. Most things I could figure out but a couple of times I had trouble and the hints are lousy. If you are stuck it doesn't do any good for the hint to lead you back and forth to rooms without giving you a little more. I didn't want the answers but I wanted better hints. The games in between the rooms don't give enough information to begin most of the time. I am very disappointed with this game.

Go to: