BigTfromAV
Guppy
Guppy
139 Posts

Re:Post any Abandoned: Chestnut Lodge Asylum technical issues here only

[Post New]by BigTfromAV on Apr 28, 12 5:32 PM
FEATHER.

Couldn't get the feather in the nurse's office h/o scene either. Tried setting to widescreen and got an error which kicked me out of the game. Went back in - lost one scene's worth of progress but this time when I entered the nurse's office, there were different objects required and the feather wasn't one of them.

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Apr 28, 12 6:12 PM
Anyone else have trouble with the piano? It clearly won't let me hit a key that I need, so after trying several times, I finally skipped it. So far this is the only glitch I have encountered, knock on wood. I also don't always do things in the order that the guide says. I follow what seems to be a logical sequence to me, so I find myself backtracking a lot to pick up some obscure item, in a place that I wouldn't have thought to go back to. But since there are morphing items, and I hate to miss any, each time I complete a scene, I check the guide before leaving that scene. So far I haven't had problems going back to a scene, yet, but do know in some games, if you miss a morphing object that you can't always go back and get it.

[Post New]by rubydeewaltz on Apr 28, 12 7:32 PM
I can't get the saw in the graveyard. The HO scene disappeared and won't come back. I already uninstalled and reinstalled and it did not work. I really do not want to start over. Game 3 with problems other 2 were Flying Dutchman and Dark Dimensions. Come on Big Fish get your stuff together. I spend too much money on these games to get such poor quality. And the game is sluggish and slow!

Bonnan
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by Bonnan on Apr 28, 12 8:56 PM
Has anyone had trouble with the TV? I can't get the code to work to get the light bulb.Help please.Still need help with TV.That's the only problem I had. Do not want to start over. HELP PLEASE!!!!

Edited on 04/29/2012 at 2:25:25 PM PST

NormanFan
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

Post any Abandoned: Chestnut Lodge Asylum technical issues here only

[Post New]by NormanFan on Apr 28, 12 9:00 PM
Unfortunately, I can't even start the game at all - after the download it says "Trial Expired". I deleted and downloaded again with the same result.

Any help given is truly appreciated - thank you

[Post New]by mostly_nameless on Apr 28, 12 10:21 PM
Well, I didn't get the glass and the scene won't open up again and I don't think there is anything else I can do.

Bah-humbug!

edited to add: I have the gas mask, but when I push the button for the gas, nothing happens and I can't open the washing machine or the fridge. I assume that part of the scene isn't supposed to open up until I go downstairs and fiddle with the gas meter (or whatever the valve goes to)....?

I think this game needed some more beta testing.

Edited on 04/28/2012 at 10:29:15 PM PST

Brendansoma1
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by Brendansoma1 on Apr 28, 12 11:27 PM
The fountain was sparkling, but I got the remote control out of the briefcase first. Then the sparkling stopped and I can't play the HOS and get the magnet. I already had to start over with the gas mask and really don't feel like doing it again

I deleted and downloaded the game, but I still can't play the HOS. This is the second game in a row that has faults, and many at that! What is being done about it????

Edited on 04/28/2012 at 11:44:35 PM PST

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Apr 29, 12 12:06 AM
Hi there,
I played on the harder mode and didn't have any problems acquiring items from HOS or during the game and I definitely did not follow whatever the "desired path" is in the SG as I prefer to roam around and find things on my own. (My problem was trying to work out what I would do with the huge amount of stuff I was carrying - until I got to the "cells". LOL)
To that end, I wonder if there really are as many faults with this game as have been reported here? Surely this game was beta'd to take in to account the different paths players would/could take to complete the goals required.
It didn't seem to be as severely linear in game play as has been described here by posters who have followed the SG (no criticism inferred or meant here), I traipsed around gathering "stuff" for a looong time before I finally made it to the first "Aha" moment and managed to enter a new stage of the game.
Just wondering whether there should be more wandering partaken of and intuition used before the first claimant to a technical fault or glitch has their say and others seem to think that this will be the case for them also.
I figure I could be lambasted for the previous statement, but ...............hm, a number of so-called problems have been "solved" elsewhere in this forum.
Of course, as always, if you are really experiencing programming difficulties (sluggish cursor etc), run a Dr Felix and send your results to CS in an endeavour to find a solution for your computer configuration.
Cheers

Brendansoma1
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by Brendansoma1 on Apr 29, 12 1:04 AM
I went back to the game and switched to 'difficult mode'. Still the same. Can't play the fountain HOS. And with the gas mask I had wandered around too, but hit the fridge before the fan. Like I wrote, I don't feel like starting the game over, so I can hit the HOS BEFORE I open the briefcase. It's just a fault. Granted, DragonLadyOz, some of these faults can be remedied by starting the game over, deleting and downloading again, etc. BUT THEY SHOULDN'T HAVE TO.

lindimae
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by lindimae on Apr 29, 12 2:58 AM
I have tried nearly all the suggestions given on the forum to no avail. i Think I have played for 6-7 hours (starting over all the time) and have still not managed to open the fridge and by reading the replies it seems there are more problems as you progress through the game.Will wait a few days for a fix and if nothing happens will ask for a refund.

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Apr 29, 12 4:23 AM
DragonLadyOz wrote:
Just wondering whether there should be more wandering partaken of and intuition used before the first claimant to a technical fault or glitch has their say and others seem to think that this will be the case for them also.
I figure I could be lambasted for the previous statement, but ...............hm, a number of so-called problems have been "solved" elsewhere in this forum.
Of course, as always, if you are really experiencing programming difficulties (sluggish cursor etc), run a Dr Felix and send your results to CS in an endeavour to find a solution for your computer configuration.
Cheers

DLO I know you weren't speaking to me personally but wanted to give my reasons why I posted here.

DLO I did have a glitch, reinstalling the game did solve it. Should I have tried reinstalling before reporting it here - maybe. But it didn't change the fact that there was one even if I have solved it.

Since I wasn't going to buy the game I wasn't going to contact CS but put my 'glitch' here a) to give feedback to the DEVS and b) if anyone else had the same problem to record it for BF.

My glitches are always different from everyone elses on the very rare occasions I have them.

VickiG27
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by VickiG27 on Apr 29, 12 4:33 AM
addieh wrote:Okay, my problem is when I go upstairs and into the right door and it says to play the HOS scene, there are no sparkles. I've loaded and reloaded and changed my player name but nothing works. Am I missing something along the way? Please help!

I have the exact same problem, is this the HO scene thats supposed to be on the desk?

[Post New]by austinkelsi on Apr 29, 12 6:05 AM
At the tree It put 2 sets of nails in one board, now I don't have any nails for the 2nd board. It says I need nails and I have none...... I don't want to start over, already had to due to the gas mask issue........

arfur99
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by arfur99 on Apr 29, 12 7:26 AM
Started Chapter 5 to diffuse bomb. Played HO scene and got message- Found a New Item: %S. Didn't receive nails. Left HOS and area still sparkling. Played about 4 HOS and received the same message. Using hint after leaviong HOS and it directs me back to the, by nown empty HOS. Any advice please gratefully accepted. Apart from this glitch a great game with no other issues, so far!

[Post New]by themouse020 on Apr 29, 12 7:39 AM
Towards the end of the game, I also have difficulty using the "level" (it is actually a car jack) to open the elevator. This action is clearly marked in the strategy guide, but does not work. To complete the game, I used the walkthrough posted here at BF, which doesn't mention this "lift to get into elevator shaft" at all. I had to enter a code at the guard shack which I got from the walkthrough, but couldn't figure out where that code came from in the game itself. Completed the game with the "lift" still in inventory. Had no other technical problems mentioned here. It seemed to me that part of the code for the game was either changed or left out at the last minute, after the included strategy guide was finished. This needs to be addressed with an updated version from the developer.

baloos09
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by baloos09 on Apr 29, 12 8:28 AM
arfur99 wrote:Started Chapter 5 to diffuse bomb. Played HO scene and got message- Found a New Item: %S. Didn't receive nails. Left HOS and area still sparkling. Played about 4 HOS and received the same message. Using hint after leaviong HOS and it directs me back to the, by nown empty HOS. Any advice please gratefully accepted. Apart from this glitch a great game with no other issues, so far!

[Post New]by milkymaid on Apr 29, 12 9:19 AM
This has the potential to be a great game but the glitches are never ending. Got to the grave first time and lost the HO (probably 3//4 way through). Uninstalled and tried again. So far 2 installations and three profiles. Everyone of them has lost something, somewhat frustratingly a different scene every time. Currently experiencing the kitchen problem but didn't the previous three times. This is the most glitch ridden game I've ever bought, and really wish I hadn't wasted so much time on it. Hope they fix it and quick!

kinsa
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
5 Posts

[Post New]by kinsa on Apr 29, 12 9:46 AM
I, too, am having issues getting the nails near the end of the game. I don't want to have to start all over but sadly, I think I might have to.

huffpatsy
Herring
Herring
301 Posts

[Post New]by huffpatsy on Apr 29, 12 11:09 AM
I thought this was going to be a really good game. I do like it, but there are too many issues. I already started over once w/ a new name, now the balloon has disappeared, no where to be had after blowing it up. I still haven't found the spider web. Since I have been reading all the bad issues, an update is badly needed to repair all the bad stuff. I don't want to have to start over again. Help, please!!

barelyberlee
Guppy
Guppy
120 Posts

[Post New]by barelyberlee on Apr 29, 12 11:47 AM
Well I give up. Had the problem w/ the gas mask, read the solutions so I deleted my name and restarted the game. I was almost done w/ it, when in the bathroom after it gave me the yin yang, I went to the tub to play the HOG, the yin yang was still "up" so I clicked on it and it closed out my HOG. I've gone out, did a few other things hoping that it would bring it back up, as I need the seahorse and nope. I'm not going to restart the game from the beginning under a new name. So a wasted $6.99

Go to: