m5dbug
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

Re:Reviews for Secrets of the Dark: Eclipse Mountain Collector's Edition

[Post New]by m5dbug on Sep 16, 12 5:05 PM
The game was awesome but the ending sucked!

I liked how in the bonus round you got to go back and free the status *spoiler*, but I hated you don't accually free anyone. I mean the main character Athite could have been brought back to life along with other characters.

There should have been more chapters and the bonus material might as well been part of the game. With all the work they put into it a real ending would have been nice and the partner could have had his lips move when he talked at least. It like they put a great deal of work in the graphics but your tourist partner talks with no lips.

And some of the puzzles were so hard that if it wasn't for the cheat sheet the strategy guide the answer to the puzzle made no sense.

I like the main page where you see this big beautiful mountain so I was hoping all the locations and the harder chapters were further apart and you really had to do some serious climbing. A map would have been nice. Instead the buildings were right next to each other.

It was one of these where you go through all this stuff get to the end to go omg this is it cry!

lisablue4369
Flounder
Flounder
2,105 Posts

[Post New]by lisablue4369 on Sep 28, 12 8:43 AM
we really enjoyed this game, as you switch the light and it alters time. GREAT game.------------doug & lisa

kinget
Guppy
Guppy
154 Posts

[Post New]by kinget on Nov 21, 12 6:59 PM
I just finished this game and enjoyed it thoroughly. It was even better than the first one. There were some interesting puzzles, though I needed some handholding from the SG for some of them.
Since I use wallpapers to make jigsaw puzzles with Jigsaws Galore, I really appreciated the fact that there were 14 wallpapers which saved to my documents folder and made terrific puzzles.
I can see that this is a game I will play again, and probably again! Between the light changes and many different settings with puzzles and HOs, there is a lot more to do in this game than in many others. I don't think it's been-there, done-that at all.

yowzasma
Clownfish
Clownfish
547 Posts

[Post New]by yowzasma on Dec 9, 12 10:27 PM
Quote:
Re eviews for Secrets of the Dark: Eclipse Mountain Collector's Edition

by WolfenRaindancer on May 3, 12 3:18 AM
I disagree with the detractors, lol. I like this game, and I don't care if I have seen some of this before as I enjoy these games. This one has lots of things to do, and they aren't the 'keep the silly hogger running around for trivial items to stretch out the game play" type things. The puzzles are all tweaked to make them a bit different. It fills my whole wide screen, and I love the thunder. I haven't had rain in ages here, so love it when it is in the games. I enjoy the way the scenes change, like in the first one, and I don't find the graphics too dark. I have played for almost three hours, and according to the guide, I am not even near the halfway point. I had to make myself quit, as I know that I would kick myself later on. I will enjoy picking this one up again this evening with rested eyes.

I totally agree with you WolfenRaindancer I just finished this great game and really enjoyed it Plus I am so very glad I got it as the CE..The bonus game was a pleasure..
Ejoyable graphics,music, hints and guide. Liked it, enjoyed the asian flavor , mini games.everything...hope for more from these developers

[Post New]by Palaluuseri on Jan 27, 13 8:16 AM
I have only watched the intro so far, but already I had to come to complain... There are no African elephants in Thailand! I wish the game developers would take some time to check the facts. That elephant in the game is clearly not Asian but African, you can see it from the ears and the head.

Go to: