MsFreddie
Catfish
Catfish
1,519 Posts

Re:Comments for Fabled Legends: The Dark Piper Collector's Edition

[Post New]by MsFreddie on May 11, 12 3:38 AM
Valdy wrote:
gamergirl675 wrote:Posting this here since I understand that bigfish shares only the reviews and not the comments threads with the devs (is that correct?)

It's a beautiful game and I'm dying to buy it but unfortunately the dev has tied my hands so I can't purchase until it's an SE. They locked the bonus content until after you finish the bonus game. Ummm once I pay for the game it's mine and I should be able to access everything I paid for. I'm not going to pay double for a game when I won't even be able to use the wallpapers and things until I finish. (And not even finish just the main game but finish the BONUS game as well... hey that's a BONUS shouldn't be required! ) That means that I will probably never see them so... sorry devs. No sale.

For those that don't care about the extras and just want to pay double to access it a month early it's well worth the money... the graphics are nice and the game play interesting. I would have purchased if not for the fact I don't feel like paying extra for virtually nothing. (I guess the devs have enough sales they don't care about my measly extra $6.99 LOL but I bet others feel the same even if they don't say so.)

Copied above from Reviews thread to reply a non-review response:

It's a little presumptuous to assume that all of those who don't care for the extras but buy the CE anyway only do it so we get the game a month early.

I don't care for the extras: screensaver, wallpaper, artwork. I DO care for the bonus game. And the bonus game is the only reason I do buy the CE.

You pay twice the price for an hour or so extra game play? Others want more value for their money.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on May 11, 12 3:55 AM
MsFreddie wrote:You pay twice the price for an hour or so extra game play? Others want more value for their money.

Are you saying you rather pay twice the price for wallpaper that, even if it would be worth using, has the name of the developers and/or the game prominently shown? I don't like to use wallpaper that includes advertisements. The same goes for the screensaver. Don't care for a screensaver that has the name of the developer prominently placed. And the artwork? What am I going to do with that?

And I am happy to say that I am in a position where I don't need to look at every cent, and don't need to calculate the value for money. So yes, I pay twice for an excellent addition of the game.

Happy Friday, everyone.

MsFreddie
Catfish
Catfish
1,519 Posts

[Post New]by MsFreddie on May 11, 12 4:07 AM
Valdy wrote:
MsFreddie wrote:You pay twice the price for an hour or so extra game play? Others want more value for their money.

Are you saying you rather pay twice the price for wallpaper that, even if it would be worth using, has the name of the developers and/or the game prominently shown? I don't like to use wallpaper that includes advertisements. The same goes for the screensaver. Don't care for a screensaver that has the name of the developer prominently placed. And the artwork? What am I going to do with that?

And I am happy to say that I am in a position where I don't need to look at every cent, and don't need to calculate the value for money. So yes, I pay twice for an excellent addition of the game.

Happy Friday, everyone.

I was commenting that others may want more than an hour or so game play for twice the price, not me personally. Glad you are happy and in a position where the cost doesn't matter to you and you don't need to look at every cent you spend.

Many here have limited funds, unlike you, and want value for their dollars.

Me - I don't need to look at every cent either but I will calculate what is value for my money.

Where did I say all this??

Edited on 05/11/2012 at 4:11:07 AM PST

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on May 11, 12 6:38 AM
MsFreddie wrote:Where did I say all this??

Hi MsFreddie...

By asking me this (I am assuming you were asking me directly):

Because I mentioned that I only buy the CEs for the bonus game, I understood the question to mean that you (and others) would pay double for the CE but not for the bonus game alone, but the extras included.
If I have misinterpret your question, then I apologise.

MsFreddie
Catfish
Catfish
1,519 Posts

[Post New]by MsFreddie on May 11, 12 7:03 AM
Valdy.. speaking for myself... I buy a game on it's merits, bonus chapters and extras are a bonus. Sorry if I sounded rude in my post.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on May 11, 12 8:47 AM
MsFreddie wrote:Valdy.. speaking for myself... I buy a game on it's merits, bonus chapters and extras are a bonus. Sorry if I sounded rude in my post.

No, MsFreddie, I didn't think you were rude. I just felt that I had to account for my actions, had to explain why I buy CEs soley for the bonus game, that's all. But your post didn't sound rude.

tomb57
Guppy
Guppy
155 Posts

[Post New]by tomb57 on May 11, 12 4:10 PM
Great game-good story, graphics,sound...
Didn't know there were morphing objects, until found one by accident.
Then I backtracked to find more, never found them all.
Most puzzles were easy, but skipped a couple of annoying ones.
HOScenes were decent, with fragmented objects.
Bonus game finished up the story.

Blue Tea games are some of my favorites, and this one didn't disappoint me.
Thanks for briinging us this one BFG!!!

smjjames
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

[Post New]by smjjames on May 11, 12 9:34 PM
What are FROGs? I keep hearing this game be referred to as that type of HOG or something....

Sheerija
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,451 Posts

[Post New]by Sheerija on May 11, 12 10:14 PM
bella81762 wrote:
Sheerija wrote:I don't understand all the kafuffle about rats. Rats are just like any other animals, innocent and harmless. And for those about to bludgeon me with the Plague of London, it wasn't caused by rats,but by the fleas they carried, to which the rats were immune. I used to have a white rat named Sam and he was just as sweet, cute, and affectionate as it's possible to get. Rats are just as adorable as rabbits, hamsters or guinea pigs. It's the word "rat" that's the problem. Take that out of the equation and you just have an animal with as much right to live as any other. So they're social and stick together. So what. So do a whole bunch of other animals. They're not vicious. They don't attack people or other animals. They're just trying to scratch a living and it's a heck of a hard life.

"All creatures, great and small, the Lord God made them all."

i had a pet rat as a kid, his name was " Kissy poo" and i trained him, to among other things, to beg (stand on hind legs for food) come when called, hug. wrap his little hands round my finger, and hence his name "Kisssy poo. give me a kiss ( he would stand on his hind legs, and lick you)"'

he was a sweet affectionate pet... people tend to give human emotions only to puppies and kitties,,,,but any other beings are capable of the same affection

In remembrance of Sam and Kissy poo - rats are cool.

Bpup
Manatee
Manatee
3,891 Posts

[Post New]by Bpup on May 11, 12 11:37 PM
smjjames wrote:What are FROGs? I keep hearing this game be referred to as that type of HOG or something....

FROG = Fragmented Object Game

Blue Tea Games used to have fragmented hidden object scenes in their games, in which you had to find all the pieces of an item before it would assemble itself and you could use it elsewhere, instead of the standard hidden object scenes where you're given an inventory list of items to find.

I am really disappointed that Blue Tea has moved away from the FROG scenes and gone the common HOG scene route. I loved the fact that they did such a clever job of disguising the items that I really had to work to find all the pieces; they were the only game developer that truly took that artwork style to new levels, not to mention breaking the monotony of the standard H0 scene.

I would have bought this CE in a flash if it was a FROG, but now I'm just waiting to read if the bonus game is worth paying extra for, because I don't care about wallpapers and such.

Rachieroos
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,039 Posts

[Post New]by Rachieroos on May 12, 12 1:27 AM
All this talk of FROGS and my slight disappointment with this game made me start replaying Macabre Mysteries: The Nightingale last night in bed

Now THAT is the old Blue Tea style that I like!!! That game is wonderful, as are the Dark Parables games (all three, but Exiled Prince I think is my favourite).

Although I generally prefer HOGS to FROGS, I do actually hope Blue Tea go back to the FROG genre for the next game, otherwise they are going to become hard to differentiate from all the other devs out there who make iHogs (Elephant, Vogat etc) and who, whilst great, IMO don't offer the same exquisite graphics as Blue Tea have done in the FROG scenes.

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on May 12, 12 7:36 AM
Just took time out to say how much I am enjoying this game. I usually hate FROGS but have bought Blue Tea's cos they are so lovely. But I agree with a fellow poster that they were getting a bit samey. So I'm delighted they are doing the hidden o thing.And love the morphing objects cos they make you just sit and look at the scene and you appreciate so much more what an effort the developers have made. And they extend the length. The only (tiny) quibble I have is the strategy guide which insists I'm still in chapter 2 and I'm actually in 5. And I too only buy the CE for the bonus game. Easy decision this weekend with the sale.

peeshee_1951
Stingray
Stingray
5,444 Posts

[Post New]by peeshee_1951 on May 12, 12 7:33 PM
I just finished this little jewel and really enjoyed it. Nice eye candy, good storyline, morphing objects. The absolute only bad thing I have to say is it did have quite a few HOG scenes towards the end, I meant more than at the beginning of the story. The game took me 6 hours 20 mins and I skipped one mini game because I think I was getting too tired to concentrate. I liked that the bonus game was another story altogether. Never did find all the morphing objects but there's always next time. The best part was because of the sale today I got it for $6.99!
Congrats to Blue Tea for a very nice game

Carole22759
Minnow
Minnow
288 Posts

[Post New]by Carole22759 on May 13, 12 11:01 AM
Fun game... yup, beautiful graphics... yes, lots to do...yup, game map...yes indeed.
Is this game's map sufficient and working well?... nope..
Am I dreading the opening of a new location in light of the lame-o-map?... yes.
Once again, I'm wondering if I should pack up my inventory items and go home.

dakini
Guppy
Guppy
152 Posts

[Post New]by dakini on May 15, 12 9:15 PM
I couldn't resist getting this game. I love Blue Tea games. If nothing else they are beautiful. One of the things I love about this is that there are minigames and they aren't the same ones that are in the game. The same style but much more difficult. The thing I found that I did most often when I was playing was to miss area's that needed to be interacted with. These seemed to appear rather like the morphs cause I could swear some of them weren't there before either that or my powers of observation are slipping. Anyway, minigames!

seahorsequeen
Guppy
Guppy
143 Posts

[Post New]by seahorsequeen on May 17, 12 5:41 AM
I'm gutted: a Blue Tea game and morphing objects and I can't play it,I tried, but my rat phobia got the better of me and I scuttled away lol !!

seahorsequeen
Guppy
Guppy
143 Posts

[Post New]by seahorsequeen on May 17, 12 5:42 AM
I'm gutted: a Blue Tea game and morphing objects and I can't play it,I tried, but my rat phobia got the better of me and I scuttled away lol !!

Go to: