judith12
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

Re:Post any Nightmares from the Deep: The Cursed Heart technical issues here only

[Post New]by judith12 on May 17, 12 11:22 AM
yup, same here, trial expired & trojan detected by AVG (2012)

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

Re:Post any Nightmares from the Deep: The Cursed Heart technical issues here only

[Post New]by cherbtoo on May 17, 12 11:27 AM
Ceekah wrote:
cherbtoo wrote:
Ceekah wrote:I'm not having any issues with my AVG but I have uninstalled and reinstalled three times and still have the "Trial Expired" notice. Really wanted to try this game.

I would be interested to know if the version of AVG you are using is the same as mine ... AVG Internet Security 2012.

I'm using the 2011 version

Thanks for answering sweetie, it makes you wonder what was the difference/s is/are between the two versions.

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on May 17, 12 11:45 AM
Sammyk1ns wrote:
sinshack wrote:For those of you having trouble with the Trial Expired message, try uninstalling and reinstalling your Game Manager. That always worked for me.

Thanks Sinshack ...er how do I uninstall my game manager

Good question! I don't know either!!

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on May 17, 12 11:47 AM
Sammyk1ns wrote:
sinshack wrote:For those of you having trouble with the Trial Expired message, try uninstalling and reinstalling your Game Manager. That always worked for me.

Good question!! I have no idea either

Sammyk1ns
Marlin
Marlin
8,095 Posts

[Post New]by Sammyk1ns on May 17, 12 11:51 AM
vicalana wrote:
Sammyk1ns wrote:

Good question!! I have no idea either

Thought it was just me - not very good with the computer

bfgCimarron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,902 Posts

[Post New]by bfgCimarron on May 17, 12 11:55 AM
Penny1942 - if your game is kicking you to your desktop, sometimes I've found that running the game as administarator can help clear that up if you'd like to give that a try in the meantime:

Run Game as Administrator (if you click the blue text, it will take you to more information about how to do that).

For those who are running into the trial expired issue and would like to try uninstalling either your game or your Game Manager here is more info on how to do that:

Uninstalling and reinstalling your game
Uninstall / Reinstall Game Manager

Thank you for your patience everyone! For those running into the AVG error, if you're able to write into Customer Support with a Dr. Felix this will help our team find a resolution more quickly as well:

How to get in contact with Customer Support

I hope that helps!

bfgCimarron

[Post New]by garnet11 on May 17, 12 12:03 PM
I am having a slightly different problem. The game downloads, but when the verification process begins, it just starts dowloading again. Has anyone else had this problem?

This is my first post, and just want to say thanks to everyone for contributing to the forums. I read them for every game, and appreciate the review and suggestions for problem solving.

Thanks to all.

Sammyk1ns
Marlin
Marlin
8,095 Posts

[Post New]by Sammyk1ns on May 17, 12 12:08 PM
Thankyou bfgCimarron

romany09
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

[Post New]by romany09 on May 17, 12 12:21 PM
Garnet11, I had the same thing happen. Bought the game, downloaded and then during validation it downloaded again. Finally, I got an Error Code 6 message. Uninstalled and reinstalled. Now it's been over an hour and I'm just over 60 percent so not sure this is going to work again. Did you reinstall? Did yours work?

[Post New]by EmilyB1955 on May 17, 12 1:37 PM
Trojan and Trial Expired. Eagerly awaiting the fix.

tomb57
Guppy
Guppy
155 Posts

[Post New]by tomb57 on May 17, 12 1:39 PM
Yes-AVG stopped my game from installing also-had an 803xxx error, checked BFG walkthrough on changing DEP settings, but mine were set to what they were supposed to be.
Hope it is fixed soon.

hannah233
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by hannah233 on May 17, 12 2:05 PM
i also have agv / im glad its not just me. hopefully it will be fixed soon.

[Post New]by Pigalo on May 17, 12 2:15 PM
Oops. I too have recieved the Trojan Horse detected (yes AVG again) and unfortunately posted about it in reviews (first time posting anything).
My apologies, please delete. Waiting and hoping for a "cure".
Looks like an awesome game. Glad to know you're on top of this BF and thank-you.

angelfishsb
Minnow
Minnow
258 Posts

[Post New]by angelfishsb on May 17, 12 2:16 PM
After I bought the game it will not down load. No messages, it just doesn't download.

[Post New]by bhill722 on May 17, 12 2:31 PM
i am also having the same problem. i don't know what to do. it says it is infected. i read that BGF say's it is not. i just want to know how to get it to finally activate. are they fixing this problem or do we have to take care of it?

Kiandi
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by Kiandi on May 17, 12 2:36 PM
I am on a Mac and I just downloaded the trial. I didn't get the trial ended message but I still can't get it to run. It says I have 60 minutes of play time and the Play/Buy buttons are displayed. Does this have anything to do with the other problems users are having with this game?

aubreean
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by aubreean on May 17, 12 2:42 PM
hey fishes, using avg also, and cannot even get the game to download. i tried this game last night when it first posted to site, around 11pm alaska time, got the trojan message, uninstalled went to bed. trying it again, game will not even install even after closing avg. now what?????????

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on May 17, 12 2:50 PM
Hi Fishies,

I'm just swimming in to address the issue with Fishies trying to download the game who use AVG Antivirus again. This is an issue we're looking into now, but in the meantime, I want to assure everyone that our games are always tested and 100% virus free. In cases like this, what happens is the antivirus program accidentally thinks the game files are harmful, and therefore blocks the download from occurring.

As Cimarron mentioned, the best way to get help if you're experiencing this issue is to contact our Tech Support team with a Dr. Felix Report.

Thanks, and we appreciate your patience!

bfgSeine

amj0963
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,544 Posts

[Post New]by amj0963 on May 17, 12 4:10 PM
thanks bfgseine for the update

eagerly waiting the fix

XtreemNorth
Guppy
Guppy
174 Posts

[Post New]by XtreemNorth on May 17, 12 4:11 PM
Three times in a row as it is dowloading, at the end it says its validating, then it goes right back to 96%. What do I do? Send another Dr. Felix?

Go to: